Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Yvette Cooper

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

wonder who has the Balls in this relationship?

Do you think Ed Balls will be pulling the strings and have as much input if not more should she win?

after all they are a married couple who share everything together including home "flipping" not once, not twice but three times, what a lovely couple to run Labour; possibly not.

After Mr Balls was elected MP for Normanton, Miss Cooper “flipped” her second home to the family house she shared with her husband and their three children in south London. The couple both began claiming a half share of the £1,466 mortgage interest, a sum of £733 each compared with the £530 she had been paying in Yorkshire.

The couple moved again, to a larger, £655,000 property in north London which they designated their second home. Their mortgage interest payments increased to just over £1,031 each.

They also put the bill for the £2,000 cost of removal vans and men on their parliamentary expenses.

At one point, Miss Cooper and Mr Balls, the Children’s Secretary and a close ally of Gordon Brown, had their expenses docked, after each submitted two monthly claims for mortgage interest of nearly £1,300.

At the time, their mortgage statements showed the interest-only element of their mortgage stood at £733

Officials also warned them that they had submitted the same claim, twice. During much of the period covered by the records seen by The Daily Telegraph, Mr Balls and Miss Cooper submitted regular claims for food, usually totalling up to £600 a month

Mr Balls and Miss Cooper were referred to the parliamentary sleaze watchdog over the designation of their second home, amid suggestions that it was improper for them to claim on the family house in London, where they lived during the week

but then so what, everyone swindles the average Tax Payer

So will she turn Labour around, is she the "strong" leader that Labour needs?

I don't think so

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ay2571Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I find her hot though in a mumsy sort of way. I seriously fancy Liz Kendal though.

That's my serious contribution to this thread.

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

While us poor mortals have to pay our own bills, mortgages and travel expenses. All this claiming expenses needs to be tightened up.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

But is she strong enough to turn Labour around on the right road

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Mr Balls and Miss Cooper were referred to the parliamentary sleaze watchdog over the designation of their second home, amid suggestions that it was improper for them to claim on the family house in London, where they lived during the week"

And what was the outcome of this referral?

Post new Message to Thread