Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Why block

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

OK this has always bugged me, when u msg someone nicely n u get a msg back saying thanks but no thanks, when u msg to say OK cool have fun they have blocked u? I can understand if u was nasty or was bugging her after she had said no but to just block???

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Saves them coming across you again, or you mistakenly messaging someone who has already declined your offer. It's not personal, it's a time saving tool for some.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Saves them coming across you again, or you mistakenly messaging someone who has already declined your offer. It's not personal, it's a time saving tool for some. "

But I have a gd memory so once declined they don't get second chance lol but I know not everyone is like that so yeah I understand

Reply privately

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

I've sent a thanks but no thanks to several guys only to be messaged by them later. Blocking stops further contact if they're not what I'm looking for.

Reply privately

By *cotscplCouple
over a year ago

Inverclyde

Often there is no need to block someone, but after the 3rd time of asking from the same person thats when we block. Unfortunately happens too often.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Often there is no need to block someone, but after the 3rd time of asking from the same person thats when we block. Unfortunately happens too often. "

Yeah I can understand if u bug them

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sometimes a no thanks message can result in an abusive one back. Easier to block and avoid it

Reply privately

over a year ago

Probably stop that person from sending multiple messages..then harsh ones after that

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sometimes a no thanks message can result in an abusive one back. Easier to block and avoid it"

I understand that but most know ur get them if u get one easy report then block but not all of us are like that,

But I get to see why it happens thank you all

Reply privately

By *cotscplCouple
over a year ago

Inverclyde

[Removed by poster at 31/07/15 15:24:19]

Reply privately

By *cotscplCouple
over a year ago

Inverclyde

"Sometimes a no thanks message can result in an abusive one back. Easier to block and avoid it"

Agree as often get abusive replies when rejecting some peoples messages (nicely of course)

Reply privately

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

Have never sent an offensive or abusive text when advances have been declined and never really become upset at a thanks but no thanks if there is a response.

What I do find totally ignorant is somebody who actively engages with you then blocks for no reason other than they have seen a face pic or whatever.

If you start speaking to someone in the street do you just walk away without even saying goodbye or whatever?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Have never sent an offensive or abusive text when advances have been declined and never really become upset at a thanks but no thanks if there is a response.

What I do find totally ignorant is somebody who actively engages with you then blocks for no reason other than they have seen a face pic or whatever.

If you start speaking to someone in the street do you just walk away without even saying goodbye or whatever?"

Yeah I've had that to chatting for a while exchange pics n boom gone n blocked

Reply privately

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Why take it personal mores the question ..people will use the site the way they want as im sure you will

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

because I have zero interest in them, what they have to say or usually what teensy weeny drama they have going on in their 'played out all for to witness' life.......

and I don't give a shit who I am blocked by for the very same reason

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

weensy*

Reply privately

over a year ago

If a lady or a couple decline my invitation of a sexy encounter then I block them so I don't embarrass myself and message them again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because there's a lot of arrogant weirdos on here. I Only block people if there abusive, sick, or if I know them and its to close home.

Reply privately

By *cottybhoyMan
over a year ago

falkirk

"Why take it personal mores the question ..people will use the site the way they want as im sure you will "
Because common decency and manners cost nothing. Easy really

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OK this has always bugged me, when u msg someone nicely n u get a msg back saying thanks but no thanks, when u msg to say OK cool have fun they have blocked u? I can understand if u was nasty or was bugging her after she had said no but to just block??? "

Don't worry; people who block are good, they do you a favour

consider them as trash taking themselves out to the bin

Reply privately

over a year ago

What I don't understand is why people feel the need to reply to "no thanks". But then I have no manners...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What I don't understand is why people feel the need to reply to "no thanks". But then I have no manners... "

I do just to show I have manners and that it's OK n I'm not offended and to wish them fun on what they are looking for,

Reply privately

By *teve_D1Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Saves trawling through profiles that I know I have contacted and my message has deleted with no reply.

Makes things much easier really, nothing personal just easier way to look through profiles. Although there is the occasional fruitcake I have blocked deservedly.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We block people we don't think are for us because we get a lot of mail and cant remember everyone we speak to so we use it as a kind of filter. Sometimes we can be chatting for a while before deciding people arent for us so we just block. Its nothing personal usually just our way of choosing who's for us and who's not

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We block people we don't think are for us because we get a lot of mail and cant remember everyone we speak to so we use it as a kind of filter. Sometimes we can be chatting for a while before deciding people arent for us so we just block. Its nothing personal usually just our way of choosing who's for us and who's not "

most on hear are not for me, I would have a huge list if following that method, but if it works for you, great

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OK this has always bugged me, when u msg someone nicely n u get a msg back saying thanks but no thanks, when u msg to say OK cool have fun they have blocked u? I can understand if u was nasty or was bugging her after she had said no but to just block??? "

Females and Couples recieve hundreds of messages.Some Men cant accept "Thanks But No Thanks".They also Block because it also saves them answering you again 3 weeks down the line.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually takes a lot for us to block, always a last resort

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Because you are of no intrest to them its really that simple