Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Traditional or not?

Jump to newest

By *ab fem OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Do you prefer a woman to look after a man in the home or should we be equal and both the man and woman share the responsibility of making the money and looking after a house and children?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Do you prefer a woman to look after a man in the home or should we be equal and both the man and woman share the responsibility of making the money and looking after a house and children? "
I think it should be shared responsibility but I do love spoiling now and again with a nice slap up meal

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Do you prefer a woman to look after a man in the home or should we be equal and both the man and woman share the responsibility of making the money and looking after a house and children? "

???

A Man always looks after his Lady and treats her well, been like that since the beginning of time

By *ab fem OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Do you prefer a woman to look after a man in the home or should we be equal and both the man and woman share the responsibility of making the money and looking after a house and children?

???

A Man always looks after his Lady and treats her well, been like that since the beginning of time"

If only that were true, yes some men do but others don't

over a year ago

"Do you prefer a woman to look after a man in the home or should we be equal and both the man and woman share the responsibility of making the money and looking after a house and children?

???

A Man always looks after his Lady and treats her well, been like that since the beginning of time

If only that were true, yes some men do but others don't "

Then you keep on searching till you find the right man, your soul mate and never accept anything less

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Lol I hate folk in my kitchen

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Lol I hate folk in my kitchen "
must admit I'm very territorial when it comes to my kitchen too lol

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Some women look after their man? Is this a new concept?

By *quirtiliscious1Woman
over a year ago

Dundee

I totally spoil mine guess am a bit of an old fashioned home maker type woman

over a year ago

I've been single 6 years and I'm so used to doing everything on my own that it would be very hard for me to accept someone wanting to share the load. As much as at times I'd love it if someone would.

over a year ago

The world was a better place when men were the bread winners and women watched the house and kids or was it lots of women were bored and unfulfilled they were trapped at times and not in control. Good partnerships rely on both parties getting out of it what they want but that's different for everyone for some it's pampering and housewife role with man being breadwinner for some it's the independance work and shared responsibilities

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You need to find the right balance that works for you. Personally, sharing the tasks isn't a bad way to go if you can

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I've always been single so I do everything by myself. It would be nice for someone else to have the responsibility sometimes though

over a year ago

The way i see it for years women have been going on about equal tights and opportunities and in this modern society why shouldnt things be shared

By *elle70Woman
over a year ago

Kirkcaldy

"The way i see it for years women have been going on about equal tights and opportunities and in this modern society why shouldnt things be shared"

If things were equal...women wouldn't be 'going on'about it....

As to equal tights....perhaps they feel stockings get all the fun?

over a year ago

I'm quite capable of looking after myself. Even when i was married i was still the one who dealt with everything. That's one of the reasons i got rid of him. Relationships should be a partnership imo.

over a year ago

they say that but try handing a cordless drill and a hedge trimmer to them on Christmas and see the look on their face

over a year ago

"they say that but try handing a cordless drill and a hedge trimmer to them on Christmas and see the look on their face "

Well, he had no idea how to work any of these either so would have been a shite present for him too

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I'm quite capable of looking after myself. Even when i was married i was still the one who dealt with everything. That's one of the reasons i got rid of him. Relationships should be a partnership imo."

partnerships take many forms though. you may like dishes done as soon as used others prefer to wait on a sinkfull. Its the moaning and arguing trying to bend someone to your way of doing things that causes heartache

By *ab fem OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"they say that but try handing a cordless drill and a hedge trimmer to them on Christmas and see the look on their face "

Try handing a guy an ironing board cover for an anniversary present.

I'm handy with a cordless drill and I'm a pro with a hedge trimmer (I have to use one before I go on a meet)

over a year ago

"they say that but try handing a cordless drill and a hedge trimmer to them on Christmas and see the look on their face

I'm handy with a cordless drill and I'm a pro with a hedge trimmer (I have to use one before I go on a meet) "

at christmas i bought her a new bag and new belt ... now the hover works a treat

By *ab fem OP   Woman
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"they say that but try handing a cordless drill and a hedge trimmer to them on Christmas and see the look on their face

I'm handy with a cordless drill and I'm a pro with a hedge trimmer (I have to use one before I go on a meet)

at christmas i bought her a new bag and new belt ... now the hover works a treat "

By *arymore1Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

got to share in some respect, even if the same person always does the same tasks, there is no way you should leave everything to one half of a "partnership"

By *urlyShirtyMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Depends on the relationship but personally like to sahe the load while also pampering my partner as and when it strikes me or they need it. Would hope it works the other way round too.

over a year ago

I'm handy with a cordless drill and I'm a pro with a hedge trimmer (I have to use one before I go on a meet) "

Hedge trimmer omg before a meet

Post new Message to Thread