Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Acceptable time to get verified

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's an acceptable time to be on here before a non verification starts to make you suspicious that it's a fake account surely it's not that hard to attend a social club or post in meets that your looking for meet or party

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm not sure but possibly 3-6 months? After that it would look odd

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Guess it depends if your male, female or couple..... Guys don't find it that easy, especially if they aren't into clubs or organised socials

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 10/07/15 08:48:11]

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I doubt an unverified male would get a party invite

over a year ago

"I doubt an unverified male would get a party invite"
we probably wouldn't would want seperatly meet first to make sure not a fanny but wouldn't be keen on doing it for single female either though more likely to take a chance with couple just one though each party lol

Pm if that applies lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If you where an unverified female after three months alarm bells would ring...

Guys do struggle so anywhere from 6 to 8 months...

Fakes would always find a way through...

over a year ago

"Guess it depends if your male, female or couple..... Guys don't find it that easy, especially if they aren't into clubs or organised socials "

Exactly it seen guys profiles who been here for a year and no verifications. Loads of females on who chat but don't meet lol. We need to stop being so suspicious if its a fakey then you won't be long in finding out it is a pain but what can you do

over a year ago

"What's an acceptable time to be on here before a non verification starts to make you suspicious that it's a fake account surely it's not that hard to attend a social club or post in meets that your looking for meet or party"

Absolutely none; use this forum to make friends and meets, use your own intuitive on who you are chatting with.

Two females on here, now very good friends to me, initially contacted me with their profile hidden, just a very good message introduction, one; after a couple of chats said she was keeping her profile hidden as she had been stalked on the forum, she opened the profile to give me time to read, then made it hidden again, and sent pics with chat, which I also did in return

She is a genuine girl with genuine reason for hiding profile, I have no concerns with that and I am very glad I have now met her

Some people use verifications as if they were medals, and realistically If I read a profile with a list of verifications as long as my arm I smile and say, that's not a person im looking to meet.

Not that I need to worry about that, if you read my profile you will see why

over a year ago

"If you where an unverified female after three months alarm bells would ring...

Guys do struggle so anywhere from 6 to 8 months...

Fakes would always find a way through..."

Truth ^^^^^^^ I'm a newbie and had couple of chats and if im honest I expect to be waiting around 6 to 8 months even a year before I get a meet but that's okay gives me time to chat and get to know folks. Make best out of it you know. Besides I don't mind chatting

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I doubt an unverified male would get a party invitewe probably wouldn't would want seperatly meet first to make sure not a fanny but wouldn't be keen on doing it for single female either though more likely to take a chance with couple just one though each party lol

Pm if that applies lol"

that seems fair

over a year ago

We've been here 8 months and have seriously struggled to find anything even close to a meet, we have absolutely no intention of attending group socials or parties because they're just not for us.

Ink x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"What's an acceptable time to be on here before a non verification starts to make you suspicious that it's a fake account surely it's not that hard to attend a social club or post in meets that your looking for meet or party"
socials and clubs ain't for everyone.

It's a vicious circle because many won't put their trust in people who ain't verified but just remember folks we all had to start somewhere give people a chance

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 10/07/15 10:08:17]

over a year ago

"What's an acceptable time to be on here before a non verification starts to make you suspicious that it's a fake account surely it's not that hard to attend a social club or post in meets that your looking for meet or partysocials and clubs ain't for everyone.

It's a vicious circle because many won't put their trust in people who ain't verified but just remember folks we all had to start somewhere give people a chance "

Indeed, we feel that not being verified does hold us back sometimes, but we don't want to attend a party just to change that, just need to find someone to take a chance on us

Ink x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

To be honest im wary whether verified or not a veri dont mean lovely person

over a year ago

It tends to be that more people are scared to meet others from here because off people wasting there time which i fully understand but sometimes you just need to grab bull by horns and go for it but try and make the meet somewhere where it is convenient for both that way if they don't turn up you av only travelled a short distance to meet and learn from the experience .

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

We were lucky in that we joined the site on the Wednesday, went out dogging on Saturday and met a guy from here, so got verified pretty quickly.

Had we not had that veri I went to a lunch social shortly afterwards and was verified there so would have had one within a few weeks anyway

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

However, as Kola said, being verified doesn't mean they're nice, or that they'll turn up and not be a timewaster.

We're happy to meet newbies and unverifieds for a social and verify them

over a year ago

I was lucky as I was verified from the start. As friends that I have known for years were on here. They had been trying to get me on for sometime. But not been to any club yet, but I will be soon. It takes time to make new friends and think about what you want. We don't all just jump in head first. The only answer is, give everyone a chance. We move at our own pace.

over a year ago

We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet."
just ask folk though alot of folk myself included see cam veris as pointless and place nothing against them

over a year ago

"We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet."

I doubt if any guy will verify you as you block all guys from contacting you, perhaps a female or couple will help you out.

over a year ago

Yeah that's the plan

over a year ago

Why do ppl see them as pointless??

over a year ago

"Yeah that's the plan "

but no cigar

over a year ago

Guys can go unverified for ages. Seen some that are well over a year on here and not verified. They don't go to socials or parties because this is just a sex site to them.

Unverified female profiles over a month old i reckon are either fake or have no intention of meeting.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Some people seem overly concerned about how others manage their profile and account.

Surely if a profile arouses suspicion (rightly or wrongly) you just skip it and go on to look for something else to moan about, no?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Why do ppl see them as pointless??"
all a cam veri tells you is someone sat on cam nothing else

over a year ago

"Why do ppl see them as pointless??all a cam veri tells you is someone sat on cam nothing else "

I would fully recommend a cam to cam chat before a meet, proves the pics you see, that are either in profile open, or for friends only, or classed as private are genuine photo's and then further confirmed by cam.

That way when you meet; 1, you know who you are looking for, and have a clear pic of what to expect

By *axter1987Man
over a year ago

your hotlist

thats pretty much what i'm trying to do. Got veri'd by cam with someone but no meet came from it

By *cotscplCouple
over a year ago

Inverclyde

Not sure what a time limit on verifications really tells you about someone.

I know we are a genuine couple but have not met anyone as yet so not verified. we are just taking our time to be sure it is right for us and them.

Fake profiles I am sure do exist but they will eventually slip up to out themselves as not what they say they are.

over a year ago

I'm not verified with this account other than for my profile so if thats good enough for fab why the obsession for fake account . I still don't bother or care for verifications and don't think it's such a big deal as I've had other verified accounts in the past but it's really not that big a deal .

over a year ago

"I'm not verified with this account other than for my profile so if thats good enough for fab why the obsession for fake account . I still don't bother or care for verifications and don't think it's such a big deal as I've had other verified accounts in the past but it's really not that big a deal ."
people actually hate to waste time and money in lots of cases . Nothing worse than organising something then it's a no show and you've wasted money on a hotel or when you come on forum and see the same person posting about how he can't get verified or get a meet. It wastes the site for every genuine user

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm not verified with this account other than for my profile so if thats good enough for fab why the obsession for fake account . I still don't bother or care for verifications and don't think it's such a big deal as I've had other verified accounts in the past but it's really not that big a deal .people actually hate to waste time and money in lots of cases . Nothing worse than organising something then it's a no show and you've wasted money on a hotel or when you come on forum and see the same person posting about how he can't get verified or get a meet. It wastes the site for every genuine user"

If verification is important to you, don't make arrangements with people who aren't verified.

over a year ago

"I'm not verified with this account other than for my profile so if thats good enough for fab why the obsession for fake account . I still don't bother or care for verifications and don't think it's such a big deal as I've had other verified accounts in the past but it's really not that big a deal .people actually hate to waste time and money in lots of cases . Nothing worse than organising something then it's a no show and you've wasted money on a hotel or when you come on forum and see the same person posting about how he can't get verified or get a meet. It wastes the site for every genuine user

If verification is important to you, don't make arrangements with people who aren't verified."

we dont but thats a part of the learning curve on here that we worked out

over a year ago

one verification is all you need to use the site fully after that its no ones business who or when you meet if you want to meet someone meet them if not dont verifications are between the people who met no one needs to prove their selfs to anyone on here and are def not for getting other people to do your dirty work so meet people your self and stop relying on others

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm not verified with this account other than for my profile so if thats good enough for fab why the obsession for fake account . I still don't bother or care for verifications and don't think it's such a big deal as I've had other verified accounts in the past but it's really not that big a deal .people actually hate to waste time and money in lots of cases . Nothing worse than organising something then it's a no show and you've wasted money on a hotel or when you come on forum and see the same person posting about how he can't get verified or get a meet. It wastes the site for every genuine user

If verification is important to you, don't make arrangements with people who aren't verified.we dont but thats a part of the learning curve on here that we worked out"

See! Every day's a school day.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Don't think there's any tried and tested methods , verifications mean nothing as seen many a time a time waster and fake with verses......it wouldn't matter what was introduced it would still happen.

Gut....wins every single time

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Don't think there's any tried and tested methods , verifications mean nothing as seen many a time a time waster and fake with verses......it wouldn't matter what was introduced it would still happen.

Gut....wins every single time "

this

over a year ago

Ive met folk on site with both verifications and no verifications, nobody has verified me and im not sure it makes much difference. Site is really bad for fake profiles now compared to a cpl of years ago, and seems to be getting worse

over a year ago

Hi new to the forum and fab. We decided we needed to get verified straight away as it was obvious to us there was alot of fakes. It was easy enough for us to get verified as a couple and don't see any reason why someone should be unverified for any length of time. I don't think we would arrange to meet an unverified couple unless it was part of a party where other people were invited incase we were let down

over a year ago

it can be hard for a single guy to get verified but after about 50 year i would get a bit suspicious

over a year ago

"Ive met folk on site with both verifications and no verifications, nobody has verified me and im not sure it makes much difference. Site is really bad for fake profiles now compared to a cpl of years ago, and seems to be getting worse"

Think I'd be more bothered that you've met folk, and they won't verify you back

over a year ago

"

Think I'd be more bothered that you've met folk, and they won't verify you back "

Good Point that, might have to start this verification thing

over a year ago

"it can be hard for a single guy to get verified but after about 50 year i would get a bit suspicious "

Ah hahahahahahahaha!!!

over a year ago

"To be honest im wary whether verified or not a veri dont mean lovely person"

By *ustforalaugh1Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

As a single profile guy I can confirm it's a bloody nightmare!

If it wasn't for socials I'd probably still be struggling.

I don't see them as anything more than proof you are real and genuine.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" Think I'd be more bothered that you've met folk, and they won't verify you back "

over a year ago

Not been veried in 3 years but I no fake.just ner attended a social in 4 years been on site

over a year ago

I was unverified for 18 months before I got the all clear

over a year ago

"We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet.just ask folk though alot of folk myself included see cam veris as pointless and place nothing against them"

A meet verification can be just as pointless as any cam verification

Anyone can have two or tree profiles, one as a male, one as female, and one as couple, after initial verification they can verify the other profiles and still be a hoax

That is why its better to be verified by Admin; Moderators and well known people on site

over a year ago

"We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet.just ask folk though alot of folk myself included see cam veris as pointless and place nothing against them

Anyone can have two or tree profiles, one as a male, one as female, and one as couple, after initial verification they can verify the other profiles and still be a hoax

That is why its better to be verified by Admin; Moderators and well known people on site"

Which 'well known people'?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"We have tried to get verified by going on cam in the directing rooms but never had a verification yet.just ask folk though alot of folk myself included see cam veris as pointless and place nothing against them

That is why its better to be verified by Admin; Moderators and well known people on site

Which 'well known people'?"

pmsl surely not the clique

over a year ago

That is why its better to be verified by Admin; Moderators and well known people on site"

I get what you mean by known people but sadly then it does make others cautious as there are 'groups' on here that make people wary. I can't see how if your a site admin you can't be verified using your card when playing. That plus photo if on it you put the last 4 digits on the piece of paper when getting photo verified

over a year ago

Which 'well known people'?"

The Krankies or Tommy probably.

over a year ago

Which 'well known people'?

The Krankies or Tommy probably. "

There was a thread the other day about site bikes. Thought they might be considered 'well known'.

over a year ago

Don't see what this big deal about being verified is...? If you have been talking to someone swapped numbers chats messenger etc a don't possibly see how they can be fake...If yous are all as good at sniffing out a time waster /liar as some your profiles say it shouldn't be a problem .

Post new Message to Thread