Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

tunisia

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Now foreign office telling people not to go on holiday there or if they have went already to come home as they think there could be another attack soon .

What is this world coming too

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yeh just heard that also,,, our friend due to go in 8 weeks,, think i would be looking for my money back,, but suppose it could happen anywhere these days

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I guess you need to er on the side of caution. Is it really worth potentially risking your life for a week or 2 on the beach? There are other beaches available in this world.

But it's the locals who I feel sorry for as they have all lost their livelihoods thanks to this terrorist act

over a year ago

Thomas cook called us and offered to amend to anywhere else for the same price we were going September 5th

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

The tourist trade will given time pick back up. Unfortunatly for tunisians with mass hysteria and lots of folk who will now refuse to ever go it will be a long road. Im not for one second saying there is no threat as there is but go check this countrys or for that matter any western nations threat level it dosnt make for nice reading.but we are all more than willing to run around without a care in the world in these places.the best way to beat terrorism is to be vigilant at all times.....not run away and cower in what we percieve as a safe place.if we do this the countrys become unstable andthen become ripe for (our term) extremists to take over. Then we eventually stand against it but at what cost ?

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"The tourist trade will given time pick back up. Unfortunatly for tunisians with mass hysteria and lots of folk who will now refuse to ever go it will be a long road. Im not for one second saying there is no threat as there is but go check this countrys or for that matter any western nations threat level it dosnt make for nice reading.but we are all more than willing to run around without a care in the world in these places.the best way to beat terrorism is to be vigilant at all times.....not run away and cower in what we percieve as a safe place.if we do this the countrys become unstable andthen become ripe for (our term) extremists to take over. Then we eventually stand against it but at what cost ?"

I have to agree with most off your comments but i think i would find it hard to pick out a terrorists amongst the locals .

Plus lets not turn this thread into a political debate as it is meant to fore warn anyone you is heading there soon and doesn't no off the dangers now .

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The tourist trade will given time pick back up. Unfortunatly for tunisians with mass hysteria and lots of folk who will now refuse to ever go it will be a long road. Im not for one second saying there is no threat as there is but go check this countrys or for that matter any western nations threat level it dosnt make for nice reading.but we are all more than willing to run around without a care in the world in these places.the best way to beat terrorism is to be vigilant at all times.....not run away and cower in what we percieve as a safe place.if we do this the countrys become unstable andthen become ripe for (our term) extremists to take over. Then we eventually stand against it but at what cost ?

I have to agree with most off your comments but i think i would find it hard to pick out a terrorists amongst the locals .

Plus lets not turn this thread into a political debate as it is meant to fore warn anyone you is heading there soon and doesn't no off the dangers now ."

For all Fab's many uses, I doubt it's anyone's first port of call for FCO travel info.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Im not trying to turn it into a political debate and sorry but terrorists can be any race colour or creed .its not the terrorist you pick out the crowd its the diffrent behaviour. The point I was making is threads like this cause further hysteria.and that we are not safe here either. we need to be vigilant at all times was my point.

over a year ago

I feel fairly safe, never had a worry about where I travel

but then, I always head west, never travel east

over a year ago

why to suicide bombers wear masks ? its not as thou their going to be recognised after it

Post new Message to Thread