Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Block Happy Members

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Had a few instances recently when I've been blocked and for the life of me I don't know why.

If I was rude, vulgar or didn't match their preferences I could understand it. One was from a couple who actually invited me round. The second was a women who's criteria I matched, but she blocked without even replying to my message. Any similar experiences?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I only block rude people or just idiots.. God there are loads on here I tell you

over a year ago

I can understand that. But tell me, if a woman is looking for WE men and I message saying I'm WE, is that rude?

over a year ago

"I can understand that. But tell me, if a woman is looking for WE men and I message saying I'm WE, is that rude?"
no its not but nowt as queer as folk lol

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I block loads of folk for different reasons from being dicks to knowing that the person isn't for us. Some ill block before there's even any contact. (As I'm sure happens to us also) Saves time and hassle all round.

B

over a year ago

That's just downright rude. What's wrong with a thanks but no thanks? Or just delete without reply, that seems to be universally accepted as not being interested.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

"That's just downright rude. What's wrong with a thanks but no thanks? Or just delete without reply, that seems to be universally accepted as not being interested."

There's quite a few threads regarding the thanks but no thanks reply. Going in to details as to the many reason why some ppl don't .

No blocking isn't rude ..it is a tool of the site ,not a personal slight to you.people will use it as they see fit to suit the way they wish to use the site .

Personally if you get blocked then just saves you contacting them in error in future and wasting your time conversing with someone who just isn't interested .So in fact they are doing you a service ,leaving you free to speak to those who are interested .

Also one last point you took umbridge at a lady blocking you when you fitted her criteria. ... no you just assumed you fitted all her criteria . Weather you fit someones wants and desires is down to THEM to decide not anyone else .

over a year ago

Apart from a small percentage in this place and I do mean small - manners go right out the window. Don't dwell on it - if you debate why people do things, crazy you shall become!!!

over a year ago

"That's just downright rude. What's wrong with a thanks but no thanks? Or just delete without reply, that seems to be universally accepted as not being interested.

There's quite a few threads regarding the thanks but no thanks reply. Going in to details as to the many reason why some ppl don't .

No blocking isn't rude ..it is a tool of the site ,not a personal slight to you.people will use it as they see fit to suit the way they wish to use the site .

Personally if you get blocked then just saves you contacting them in error in future and wasting your time conversing with someone who just isn't interested .So in fact they are doing you a service ,leaving you free to speak to those who are interested .

Also one last point you took umbridge at a lady blocking you when you fitted her criteria. ... no you just assumed you fitted all her criteria . Weather you fit someones wants and desires is down to THEM to decide not anyone else . "

over a year ago

"That's just downright rude. What's wrong with a thanks but no thanks? Or just delete without reply, that seems to be universally accepted as not being interested."

I agree, but if you type "block" into quick links search you will find a whole list of threads on this subject, its actually cool, if you go to check someone's profile and they have blocked you already it saves a whole lot of time, why waste time & effort on someone like that

in reality they are doing you a favour

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

click the block button and never think of them again, it makes life easier and far more enjoyable.....

over a year ago

"That's just downright rude. What's wrong with a thanks but no thanks? Or just delete without reply, that seems to be universally accepted as not being interested.

I agree, but if you type "block" into quick links search you will find a whole list of threads on this subject, its actually cool, if you go to check someone's profile and they have blocked you already it saves a whole lot of time, why waste time & effort on someone like that

in reality they are doing you a favour"

A lot don't think you are doing them a favour tho and once blocked they then come onto the forums and question why you have blocked them.

I mostly block rude nasty people or people I have no interest in conversing with.

There are so many argumentative people who want to do just that but that's not why in here so that's why quite often once I've said my piece to someone I will simply block and ignore them.

over a year ago

"A lot don't think you are doing them a favour tho and once blocked they then come onto the forums and question why you have blocked them.

I mostly block rude nasty people or people I have no interest in conversing with.

There are so many argumentative people who want to do just that but that's not why in here so that's why quite often once I've said my piece to someone I will simply block and ignore them. "

Im a "silver fox" in training, if anyone likes a silver fox, Mmmm now who can that be

over a year ago

Why is it rude? Ask anyone who has messaged us in the past and 99% of the time we reply one way or the other. If I see someone I know isn't for us/ D and they haven't messaged etc, I'll make the preemptive strike to save having to do another one of those replies. Nothing rude about it. Forward planning and time saving.

Would you prefer to look at, then message someone and get the hump because you can see they've read your message and not replied, or even replied with a knock back and then block you anyway?

As others have said, it's a tool of the site to help people make choices.

B

over a year ago

Blocking is fine if the original messenger is outwith the recipients stipulated preferences on issues such as text speak, smoker, bareback, wrong gender, or is rude etc. Clearly the profile hadn't been read and they aren't going to be welcomed.

However, if someone completes a profile listing their preferences and that is read and responded to by someone who meets their criteria, it is only mannerly to reply, even if just to say no thanks.

To simply ignore or block someone who is messaging a matched profile is lazy and rude.

If you don't want contacted, don't complete a profile outlining what you are looking for. Respondents are simply reacting to your advert!

over a year ago

"Blocking is fine if the original messenger is outwith the recipients stipulated preferences on issues such as text speak, smoker, bareback, wrong gender, or is rude etc. Clearly the profile hadn't been read and they aren't going to be welcomed.

However, if someone completes a profile listing their preferences and that is read and responded to by someone who meets their criteria, it is only mannerly to reply, even if just to say no thanks.

To simply ignore or block someone who is messaging a matched profile is lazy and rude.

If you don't want contacted, don't complete a profile outlining what you are looking for. Respondents are simply reacting to your advert!"

just because someone has what you call a matched profile does always mean compatibility though

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"However, if someone completes a profile listing their preferences and that is read and responded to by someone who meets their criteria, it is only mannerly to reply, even if just to say no thanks.

If you don't want contacted, don't complete a profile outlining what you are looking for. Respondents are simply reacting to your advert!"

No it's not. They might well fit the criteria that is listed on the profile, but the message they send may not be appealing.

I use the block button for some of the reasons stated above by others, but also because I have seen something in their status updates that I find really off-putting, or they have a ridiculous username like pussy destroyer or something. I know that while that person may match the criteria I'm looking for, we're not going to get on.

A block saves time and energy for both parties.

over a year ago

"Blocking is fine if the original messenger is outwith the recipients stipulated preferences on issues such as text speak, smoker, bareback, wrong gender, or is rude etc. Clearly the profile hadn't been read and they aren't going to be welcomed.

If you don't want contacted, don't complete a profile outlining what you are looking for. Respondents are simply reacting to your advert!just because someone has what you call a matched profile does always mean compatibility though "

Fully agree with you. On paper matching doesn't quite convey the subtlety of human interaction that comes from chatting or meeting. My concern is that if I politely respond to a matched profile, the very least I would expect is a "no thanks", not to be ignored or blocked.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I would always reply to a polite and thought out message.

Unfortunately there are many who just send one liners like "I'm hung and free" that I just can't be bothered responding to. If they can't converse in text, how would they be in person?

over a year ago

This is my in box... Would you like to read and reply to them all?

Account

213 unread

My thanks but no thanks is on my profile thanks to the sheer volume of emails lol

over a year ago

"I would always reply to a polite and thought out message.

Unfortunately there are many who just send one liners like "I'm hung and free" that I just can't be bothered responding to. If they can't converse in text, how would they be in person? "

Hi there did send you a polite message before

over a year ago

"This is my in box... Would you like to read and reply to them all?

Account

213 unread

My thanks but no thanks is on my profile thanks to the sheer volume of emails lol "

Ooh, that's a lot. I used to get about 5 a week but I've blocked guys from messaging.

I see your point!

How many of them are likely to match? If you block the rude, far away and mismatched ones, surely it becomes more manageable? List narrower criteria?

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 05/07/15 09:21:32]

over a year ago

Account

213 unread

My thanks but no thanks is on my profile thanks to the sheer volume of emails lol

Ooh, that's a lot. I used to get about 5 a week but I've blocked guys from messaging.

I see your point!

How many of them are likely to match? If you block the rude, far away and mismatched ones, surely it becomes more manageable? List narrower criteria?"

not looked at them all but very little I'd say.. So I usually mass delete

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

You get blocked get over it there are a multitude of reasons. They recognize you........they dont like your profile text......they dont like your mannerisms in forums........they want one liner msgs...... they dont want one liner msg ....... your fat......your thin.......your tall ......your short ......outta my league.......not in my league......head like a box of frogs ........ thinks hes adonis. The one thing you know you are of no intrest to them

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Hi there did send you a polite message before "

And I replied

over a year ago

Account

213 unread

I see your point!

How many of them are likely to match? If you block the rude, far away and mismatched ones, surely it becomes more manageable? List narrower criteria?not looked at them all but very little I'd say.. So I usually mass delete "

Yep, I get it now! Completely the opposite problem to us guys. There really is no happy medium on here.

By *quirtiliscious1Woman
over a year ago

Dundee

Messages like "fancy a fuck" which I got 5 minutes ago turn me on so much I have to block them !!!

over a year ago

I'm happy....block away gang!

(Misread the title)

over a year ago

You would think it would be that simple. I deleted a message from a (so called) gentleman yesterday as he wasn't anything like what I've described I'm looking for. He gave me abuse in return message and said I was a timewaster lol. You can't win. I've also had guys I've blocked set up a new profile to send verbal abuse. That's just bonkers and borderline psychotic

over a year ago

You would think it would be that simple. I deleted a message from a (so called) gentleman yesterday as he wasn't anything like what I've described I'm looking for. He gave me abuse in return message and said I was a timewaster lol. You can't win. I've also had guys I've blocked set up a new profile to send verbal abuse. That's just bonkers and borderline psychotic "

That's just scary! If the lady says no, it's a no, end of! Stay safe. x

over a year ago

You would think it would be that simple. I deleted a message from a (so called) gentleman yesterday as he wasn't anything like what I've described I'm looking for. He gave me abuse in return message and said I was a timewaster lol. You can't win. I've also had guys I've blocked set up a new profile to send verbal abuse. That's just bonkers and borderline psychotic

That's just scary! If the lady says no, it's a no, end of! Stay safe. x"

Not to some. I've experienced verbal abuse on more than a few occasions which is why the block button is the favoured approach.

over a year ago

I can fully understand some of the reasons given by posters for blocking people and I have used those reasons myself. To be fair I've not found many women to be rude or hostile when replying to messages; it's the time wasters and stuck up deluded women and couples that are most likely to get blocked.

Regarding the allegation that I may not have met all criteria; the example I cited was in response to a status asking for VWE and thick cocks to message the lady in question. Now you may be right that I didn't match all other preferences, but a simple message to that effect may have been sufficient and no offence would have been taken. But to ignore it and block, to me was ignorant. If she didn't want to be messaged by guys with such specific requirements, maybe she shouldn't have posted that status.

over a year ago

Southampton

"I can fully understand some of the reasons given by posters for blocking people and I have used those reasons myself. To be fair I've not found many women to be rude or hostile when replying to messages; it's the time wasters and stuck up deluded women and couples that are most likely to get blocked.

Regarding the allegation that I may not have met all criteria; the example I cited was in response to a status asking for VWE and thick cocks to message the lady in question. Now you may be right that I didn't match all other preferences, but a simple message to that effect may have been sufficient and no offence would have been taken. But to ignore it and block, to me was ignorant. If she didn't want to be messaged by guys with such specific requirements, maybe she shouldn't have posted that status."

Sorry but why do feel entitled to a reply?? I think the block is your response .you just werent what she wanted and why open a potential can of worms by mailing back ?

Why focus on those who clearly aren't interested .. take it as your answer and move on

over a year ago

"I can fully understand some of the reasons given by posters for blocking people and I have used those reasons myself. To be fair I've not found many women to be rude or hostile when replying to messages; it's the time wasters and stuck up deluded women and couples that are most likely to get blocked.

Regarding the allegation that I may not have met all criteria; the example I cited was in response to a status asking for VWE and thick cocks to message the lady in question. Now you may be right that I didn't match all other preferences, but a simple message to that effect may have been sufficient and no offence would have been taken. But to ignore it and block, to me was ignorant. If she didn't want to be messaged by guys with such specific requirements, maybe she shouldn't have posted that status.

Sorry but why do feel entitled to a reply?? I think the block is your response .you just werent what she wanted and why open a potential can of worms by mailing back ?

Why focus on those who clearly aren't interested .. take it as your answer and move on"

Manners, pure and simple. The block is the equivalent of hanging up the phone or setting the door in someone's face. I might not want so,are panels or to be converted to Jehovah, but I will always politely decline the offer.

over a year ago

Southampton

As I said read the numerous threads you may see exactly why some choose the no reply or block options. Nothing at all to do with manners .No reply or block IS your answer.

over a year ago

I block because I can.

My/our profile, our rules, no explanation or justification given or expected from others in return.

Takes a while to adjust your mindset but don't take it personally it's really is just an admin function on here, not a personal slight.

It's meant to be fun and frolics, if we are blocked either before, after or mid conversation it's no hardship. We just move on.

Dx

over a year ago

I spit in someone's face because I can. But guess what, I don't!!

over a year ago

"I spit in someone's face because I can. But guess what, I don't!! "

Lol

Your missing the point, loads of people have said it's not personal, it's admin, don't get upset.

Take the advice or don't, your call.

Dx

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

My block list is huge, mainly from chatroom numpties but also from abusive mail after I say no.... And sorry op but going from your attitude on this thread it seems like you have a huge sense of entitlement

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"

Why focus on those who clearly aren't interested .. take it as your answer and move on"

I dont often agree with wifey but on this occasion i do (shhhhhhhh dont tell her.. my life is over if she knew lol) women get bucket loads of mail a day and cant be expected to answer every 1 ..if she deleted your mail without answer or blocked you take that as her answer and move on..its not rocket science

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Over time you get a feel about people, your gut instinct tells you that the person/persons you are blocking is not for you. It's not 100% guaranteed accurate but it works for me.

Now they are not bad people, just not my type of people.

For me it could be, someone I know who has multiple profiles, people who come and go in a blaze of drama, couples where I think one is obsessed by swinging and the other seems to tag along, people who are just nosey fuckers, moochers & scroungers, liars, thieves and insane....

I click and smile

I am clicked on, I still smile

over a year ago

"My block list is huge, mainly from chatroom numpties but also from abusive mail after I say no.... And sorry op but going from your attitude on this thread it seems like you have a huge sense of entitlement "

You kinda prove my point. Scathing assumptions based on very little evidence. Take the trouble to talk to me and you'd know what I'm like. If you don't want to , that's fine, but to block is ignorant IMHO.

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"My block list is huge, mainly from chatroom numpties but also from abusive mail after I say no.... And sorry op but going from your attitude on this thread it seems like you have a huge sense of entitlement

You kinda prove my point. Scathing assumptions based on very little evidence. Take the trouble to talk to me and you'd know what I'm like. If you don't want to , that's fine, but to block is ignorant IMHO."

To be abusive and rude is also ignorant, so the block button is there for a reason it's only a site tool I'm probably blocked by loads too but it makes no difference to me and my life

over a year ago

"My block list is huge, mainly from chatroom numpties but also from abusive mail after I say no.... And sorry op but going from your attitude on this thread it seems like you have a huge sense of entitlement

You kinda prove my point. Scathing assumptions based on very little evidence. Take the trouble to talk to me and you'd know what I'm like. If you don't want to , that's fine, but to block is ignorant IMHO.

To be abusive and rude is also ignorant, so the block button is there for a reason it's only a site tool I'm probably blocked by loads too but it makes no difference to me and my life "

If I was abusive and rude I would expect and deserve to be blocked. Think we've just about covered all the bases. We can block who we like; don't need a reason; grow a pair and move on! Thanks to everyone, I get it

over a year ago

Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too.

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too. "

I am

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

If people worried more about themselves than what others do it would be a happier place everyone deals with people differently and everyone has a different outlook x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too. "
so you sent _ustcutie a msg she blocked you ...you get upset and make a forum post .......yeah sure it will make her change her mind or maybe just reaffirm it was the right decision lol yup predictability is funny

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too. so you sent _ustcutie a msg she blocked you ...you get upset and make a forum post .......yeah sure it will make her change her mind or maybe just reaffirm it was the right decision lol yup predictability is funny"

Wasn't me kola lol I was just jesting

over a year ago

Guilty.

over a year ago

"Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too. so you sent _ustcutie a msg she blocked you ...you get upset and make a forum post .......yeah sure it will make her change her mind or maybe just reaffirm it was the right decision lol yup predictability is funny"

Sorry to say you got it all wrong!!

over a year ago

"Guilty. "

Wasn't you either lol

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Just the username the rest is accurate

over a year ago

"Haha haha haha. As if by magic, the very members I am referring to come up trumps. How predictable some of you are. And I thought she was a lovely lady too.

I am "

Yes you are

over a year ago

"Just the username the rest is accurate "

Uh no it's not

over a year ago

"Just the username the rest is accurate "

You've entered this debate half cocked and have completely misinterpreted what's going on mate

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

No misinterpretation here no debate either you got blocked you feel slighted over it. You made a post to winge about it. Folk have gave you knowledge all the way through the post you dont like that either for my mind that kinda sums it up

over a year ago

"No misinterpretation here no debate either you got blocked you feel slighted over it. You made a post to winge about it. Folk have gave you knowledge all the way through the post you dont like that either for my mind that kinda sums it up "

I beg to differ, you have completely misinterpreted my intent, but like you say, no debate here. i value the advice given but it doesn't alter how I feel about the two people who blocked me, neither of whom have participated in this forum, so you definitely got that wrong!!!

over a year ago

Here i have your dummy you want it back? Like others have said it's a tool giving to us from admin and alot use it to stop further communication cos your not what they are looking for.Man up and take it on the chin

over a year ago

"Here i have your dummy you want it back? Like others have said it's a tool giving to us from admin and alot use it to stop further communication cos your not what they are looking for.Man up and take it on the chin "

This

over a year ago

Well thanks for all the useful and adult feedback provided, especially from the latecomers. I genuinely appreciate the comments but it would appear that this is not as open a forum as I naively thought. It seems that not everyone's opinion is welcome, unless of course it conforms to the Fab establishment.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"It seems that not everyone's opinion is welcome, unless of course it conforms to the Fab establishment."

Your opinion is welcome, mine differs from you and is equally welcome

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

I wouldn't worry the forumites make up a tiny miniature amount of the site...you take what you want from the advice

over a year ago

"It seems that not everyone's opinion is welcome, unless of course it conforms to the Fab establishment.

Your opinion is welcome, mine differs from you and is equally welcome"

Of course.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't worry the forumites make up a tiny miniature amount of the site...you take what you want from the advice "

Thanks for your support. Tried to PM but couldn't lol

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"I wouldn't worry the forumites make up a tiny miniature amount of the site...you take what you want from the advice

Thanks for your support. Tried to PM but couldn't lol"

Filters are more effective than blocks

In honesty I understand why some block ...not our thing to block but can understand why . More need to concentrate on there selves and let others use the site as they see fit..

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

I use my Notes for folk I've Blocked unless they're just so damned fugly my finger zeros in on the Block Button to save my eyes from bleeding

over a year ago

"I wouldn't worry the forumites make up a tiny miniature amount of the site...you take what you want from the advice

"

Exactly. In truth blocking gives a sense of empowerment and dominance; if that's what people get off on then they can fill there boots. Cheers. No offence btw, at least you're up front about it

over a year ago

To hell with the people who block you. There filters to stop contacting you for age, gender reason. Block can be good. No more contact with the nutter. Or the abusive kind. Or the ones who think there gods gift . Just pick yourself up and find the good genuine people on here.

over a year ago

"Just pick yourself up and find the good genuine people on here."

I think I've found them and there aren't many.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Exactly. In truth blocking gives a sense of empowerment and dominance; if that's what people get off on then they can fill there boots. Cheers. No offence btw, at least you're up front about it "

I think you are taking it a tad far to be fair and I don't think you can generalise everyone that blocks into one category ...everyone had a different outlook and has different experiences...but in all honesty it doesn't matter what others do as quite simply you won't be playing with them...you just think nexxxxxt!

over a year ago

Exactly. In truth blocking gives a sense of empowerment and dominance; if that's what people get off on then they can fill there boots. Cheers. No offence btw, at least you're up front about it

I think you are taking it a tad far to be fair and I don't think you can generalise everyone that blocks into one category ...everyone had a different outlook and has different experiences...but in all honesty it doesn't matter what others do as quite simply you won't be playing with them...you just think nexxxxxt! "

over a year ago

freedom of choice.. folk block who they want your gonna have to let it go op.

over a year ago

"freedom of choice.. folk block who they want your gonna have to let it go op. "

I have

over a year ago

There are definitely some trigger happy blockers who just need to get over themselves.

I would block someone only if I had received abuse or in the circumstance that they are obviously " at it/fake"

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"There are definitely some trigger happy blockers who just need to get over themselves.

I would block someone only if I had received abuse or in the circumstance that they are obviously " at it/fake""

why do they/I need to get over myself, I am blocked by loads and I don't think they should get over themselves. I will have said something in the forum that has caused upset, or they think I am a complete twat, or I am bisexual and/or loads of other reasons.

I don't care and I don't think any less of them for doing it.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"why do they/I need to get over myself, I am blocked by loads and I don't think they should get over themselves. I will have said something in the forum that has caused upset, or they think I am a complete twat, or I am bisexual and/or loads of other reasons.

I don't care and I don't think any less of them for doing it.

"

over a year ago

At the end of the day, you can't control what other people do on here. As has been said, its a tool folk can use. Concentrate on the majority who haven't blocked

over a year ago

Just because they match your preferences does not mean that they find you attractive regardless of how WE you are, I can guarantee that not everyone thinks we're attractive or they like one and not the other, and that's fine for us cause we have the right to think the same! We're not just here to make up the numbers like some people!

Man up and deal with it!

over a year ago

"It seems that not everyone's opinion is welcome, unless of course it conforms to the Fab establishment.

Your opinion is welcome, mine differs from you and is equally welcome"

Post new Message to Thread