Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Are they taking the piss?

Jump to newest

By *entralscotscpl7 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

B is now away back to work and he told his car needed to go into the garage for a service.

Done my duty dropped it off then got a phone call about 2 hours later saying the car needed new brakes and the oil and filters changed.

So how much does that come to then I asked.

£5448 including the labour.

Now I know I'm female but that's taking the piss is it not.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes they are, you should report them to Trading Standards.

over a year ago

Think it's a new car he's selling you lol

By *radesman62Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Ask for a breakdown of the costs,( labour, materials etc) then tell them to Fek off.. that way trading standards have something to work with..

over a year ago

"B is now away back to work and he told his car needed to go into the garage for a service.

Done my duty dropped it off then got a phone call about 2 hours later saying the car needed new brakes and the oil and filters changed.

So how much does that come to then I asked.

£5448 including the labour.

Now I know I'm female but that's taking the piss is it not. "

Depends what type of car you have?

is it all brakes including discs

request a full breakdown of parts & labour

fairly simple to work out

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

5 grand will get you a very decent car unless its a top of the range full package car should be nowhere near this price hell shouldnt even be near 4 figures

over a year ago

Falkirk

Ok just had a screaming match with B over the phone who has just informed me this is correct. This followed by a breakdown of parts by Audi.

So B when you get home I'm going to kick your arse.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I think someone has the decimal point in the wrong place.

over a year ago

"Ok just had a screaming match with B over the phone who has just informed me this is correct. This followed by a breakdown of parts by Audi.

So B when you get home I'm going to kick your arse. "

WTF kind off Audi he got an R8

over a year ago

The 'lunchtime phonecall' was something we always used to get from a certain main dealer (rhymes with Arnold Shark). They would always come out with a tale of woe listing hundreds of pounds worth of work that wasn't part of the original service / repair; "your pads are 80% worn, suspension bushes are shot" We even got "it's failed its MOT and needs lots of work", when it wasn't in for one!

Always told them to forget it and checked up once home. Extent of problems always exaggerated and immediate work rarely needed.

Use a small local garage now.

over a year ago

"Ok just had a screaming match with B over the phone who has just informed me this is correct. This followed by a breakdown of parts by Audi.

So B when you get home I'm going to kick your arse. "

Care to give us a break down of parts, some clue'd up people on the forum, some of us know the costs & requirements to keep warranty in place,

but no one can comment good or bad unless we know what we are commenting on, and that requires the exact repairs and parts involved

over a year ago

This sounds about right for an audi if im honest...probably be an RS6 model or suchlike. Brake discs and pads are thousands for these models im afraid

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Without knowing what model audi it is cant really comment ..now if its an audi r8 or rs5/6 then rest assured it will be very hefty bill ..have you quoted correct price ???

By *44bertCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

UNless it's a MacLaren you've just driven in for a pitstop, then I'd tell them to get tae fuck.

over a year ago

Falkirk

No he has got an rs6 stupid thing that he went to Germany to collect. it's got carbon disks or something like that hence the price.

He takes it down to Audi in Glasgow for open days. Doesn't let me near it normally lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"No he has got an rs6 stupid thing that he went to Germany to collect. it's got carbon disks or something like that hence the price.

He takes it down to Audi in Glasgow for open days. Doesn't let me near it normally lol

"

Unfortunately the price you pay for such a fabulous "supercar"

over a year ago

Falkirk

If you want to wind him up you just tell him its still an estate car and he goes off on one shouting about things I have no interest in lol

Got to admit it goes like the clappers.

over a year ago

"No he has got an rs6 stupid thing that he went to Germany to collect. it's got carbon disks or something like that hence the price.

Unfortunately the price you pay for such a fabulous "supercar" "

if you end up in a ditch or stuck in the snow in winter, give me a call, I will tow you out and get you back on the road, these wheels are very poor in winter weather and watch out for the speed bumps

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"

If you want to wind him up you just tell him its still an estate car and he goes off on one shouting about things I have no interest in lol

Got to admit it goes like the clappers. "

Ohh you cannae diss the fastest production estate car in the world ..my dream machine

over a year ago

Bit of a petrol head myself but reading this thread; fuck that.

Folk think I'm daft for driving an American truck with its mileage. Still won't spend that on fuel in a year, including a full brake overhaul, service and a heap of other mechanicals for that.

£5k for brakes?! That's nuts. Car would be getting selt.

B

over a year ago

The good country boys drive Toyota's

Take you anywhere, even Top gear were impressed

over a year ago

Falkirk

He has wanted one for a while and it had to be an MTM or MPM whatever that is.

In saying that this is the first thing that has needed doing to it.

We used to have a Range Rover supercharged thing but it broke down at least once every two weeks and it always cost money for a new part.

We became very good friends with Gemm 4x4 lol

I want him to get the sprorty R8 but he said that's for footballers and hairdressers.

And you can't get two kids a pushchair in Iit lol

over a year ago

You could get your R8 in the back o mine without putting the seats down

B

over a year ago

actually not a bad price for the ceramic carbon rs6 ones , only way he will save a bit is buy them from germany and then get an decent indi to fit them, trouble is he wont get the dealers stamp

over a year ago

Falkirk

"actually not a bad price for the ceramic carbon rs6 ones , only way he will save a bit is buy them from germany and then get an decent indi to fit them, trouble is he wont get the dealers stamp"

Oh no God forbid it goes to another garage lol he is a stickler for keeping all the cars we have had with a full service history.

In saying that my 1 series was only worth an extra £500 when I traded it in and it had a full service history.

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Unfortunately its the joys of owning a supercar..i'd be the same i wouldnt let anyone but trained audi rs mechanics anywhere near it if it was mine ...need a wee lottery win in order for me to buy and run 1 lol

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

The parts cost breakdown may be right..... but unless the garage was expressly authorised to carry out the work then you can tell them to bolt...

over a year ago

I know the feeling cars cost I lot to keep going. £350 for each break disc. Don't ask how much pads cost lol I think I paid for the garage Xmass do. Thanks now I only have one car. My garage bills are down now. The best dose cost. But really you don't need it. Thanks to a good woman I no longer have to try to be that person. I am much more happy now. Who needs a big car to shop and take kids to school after all. Plus lots can't even park them.

over a year ago

I can only dream of an RS6 - but my 4.2 V8 Audi cost me nearly a third of your service

It is 16 years old mind you - ye get what ye pay for!!

And if you paid for an RS6 you've got a whole lot of car - enjoy!!!!

Post new Message to Thread