Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

your childhood summers

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Done this last year but doing again since there are a lot of new posters.

So post your childhood summer memories of things you did during the summer holidays

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Played footie, pitch n put, tennis in the local parks, went on day trips to places like Largs, Ayr , Saltcoats , built go carts , dens, there was always something to do loved those long school summer holidays and hated when it came to an end going back to school, I have some fond memories.

over a year ago

"Played footie, pitch n put, tennis in the local parks, went on day trips to places like Largs, Ayr , Saltcoats , built go carts , dens, there was always something to do loved those long school summer holidays and hated when it came to an end going back to school, I have some fond memories."
yeah it's lovely to look back and can honestly say we were never bored and filled every minuet of every day out doors when even in the rain lol.. But rain was very rare in our school summer holiday it was always blistering hot

over a year ago

Played water fights using fairy liquid bottles instead of water guns, played skush n chappie. Took glass cheques to the shop n got a 10p mix up. Eat our dinner outside in newspaper n thought it was great,,Played abc or kiss cuddle n torture, (lol I always made sure I got caught) the list is endless. X

over a year ago

Last Day of Primary 7; sitting in class with friends; wondering how we will get out of the school and home without being covered in eggs & flour whilst running the gauntlet

(Used to be a regular village occurrence for kids moving up to high school)

so the bell goes, out we run, a couple of us climb and jump the 6 foot wall, and take a run over the cricket pitch, sun beating down, we keep running and a crowd of older kids on our tails, we could have made it, but that would be no fun, we stopped running, turned around and ran back onto them, feeling eggs crack onto our heads and bags of floor hit us as well as other mixtures, we pick some up and throw back, everyone covered whilst enjoying the fun

don't think this happens today.

over a year ago

"Last Day of Primary 7; sitting in class with friends; wondering how we will get out of the school and home without being covered in eggs & flour whilst running the gauntlet

(Used to be a regular village occurrence for kids moving up to high school)

so the bell goes, out we run, a couple of us climb and jump the 6 foot wall, and take a run over the cricket pitch, sun beating down, we keep running and a crowd of older kids on our tails, we could have made it, but that would be no fun, we stopped running, turned around and ran back onto them, feeling eggs crack onto our heads and bags of floor hit us as well as other mixtures, we pick some up and throw back, everyone covered whilst enjoying the fun

don't think this happens today."

your right it doesn't think there was a big rumpus about it at some point but all good fun lol..kids all get their shirts singed now think that's about it xx

over a year ago

"Played water fights using fairy liquid bottles instead of water guns, played skush n chappie. Took glass cheques to the shop n got a 10p mix up. Eat our dinner outside in newspaper n thought it was great,,Played abc or kiss cuddle n torture, (lol I always made sure I got caught) the list is endless. X"
swing ball and there was another favourite toy but can't mind what it was called...it involved two players each holding two handles with two long bits of string attached to the handles and a ball (rugby shaped) was threaded on the string. The idea was that when the ball came towards you, you pull the handles apart and the ball would scoot to the other player... Can anyone remember what it was called?

over a year ago

Tents, beans n sausages out a can, tractors, combines, rouging fields, bmxs, big jugs of orange squash and ice, sound of grain dryers and mums trucker tan from sitting in the garden.

B

over a year ago

Going rasp picking with my mum and dad, going to the beach with mates,

Then when old enough going to the strawberries and making heeps of cash

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple
over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Dorset, cow fields. Walks by the rivers feeding ducks. Pet shop with a Huge Basset Houndbin called Fudge. Joke shops. Bomb scare whilts in at the cinema brother falling a huge cowpat Tennis courts , fairs , crabbing down at Westbay . Seafood restaurants. Parents making us all treasure hunts to go on.

Having my first crush on another holidaymaker called Brett. Sufer style biy blonde hair blue eyes....he gave his last sweet too.

over a year ago

Grew up on a farm on an island, so it was work all the way,usually harvest.

And getting thrown in the sea on my birthday!

over a year ago

Burning pieces of wood with a magnifying glass

Cider lollies

The smell of the heather and moss on the moors

Girls in hot pants.

over a year ago

"Burning pieces of wood with a magnifying glass

Cider lollies

Girls in hot pants.

"

omg cider ice lollies

over a year ago

Long, hot summers on the beach. My dad had a boat and used to take loads of us over to a beach we had to ourselves. The dads would go fishing and cook what they'd caught on a fire. Stayed the whole day, swimming, playing games, guddling in rock pools. Happy days

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Went trout fishing from dawn til dusk ..loved spending all my spare time at the riverbank

over a year ago

"Tents, beans n sausages out a can, tractors, combines, rouging fields, bmxs, big jugs of orange squash and ice, sound of grain dryers and mums trucker tan from sitting in the garden.

B"

Wonder if you were on the same farms as me

great years

By *rmagiteMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Sailing on the lake, dad cooking on the bbq(one time it was locusts) and here.. Walking though the woods with friends all day till evening.

over a year ago

"Burning pieces of wood with a magnifying glass

Cider lollies

Girls in hot pants.

omg cider ice lollies "

cider lollies were yummy and funny they were just speaking about them the other day on radio and say they would not be allowed to make them with same alcohol cont

cont

content now

By *andom2chatMan
over a year ago

A Galaxy Far, Far Away & Spain

Radio 1 Roadshow

Rambling about the hills

Sliding down waterfalls

Cycling up to Pots of Gartness & spend the day swimming, picnic, enjoying friends company

Taking a boat up the loch, pitch a tent on one of the Inches, campfire, grub, dance till dawn, collapse in a tent &/or fall in the loch

Bus up to Balmaha & do much the same as previous line

Try to get laid

By *cooby and FloydCouple
over a year ago

Ayr

"Played water fights using fairy liquid bottles instead of water guns, played skush n chappie. Took glass cheques to the shop n got a 10p mix up. Eat our dinner outside in newspaper n thought it was great,,Played abc or kiss cuddle n torture, (lol I always made sure I got caught) the list is endless. Xswing ball and there was another favourite toy but can't mind what it was called...it involved two players each holding two handles with two long bits of string attached to the handles and a ball (rugby shaped) was threaded on the string. The idea was that when the ball came towards you, you pull the handles apart and the ball would scoot to the other player... Can anyone remember what it was called? "

As far as I can remember it was called Streaker but someone else said Zoom Ball so could be either of those.

over a year ago

"Played water fights using fairy liquid bottles instead of water guns, played skush n chappie. Took glass cheques to the shop n got a 10p mix up. Eat our dinner outside in newspaper n thought it was great,,Played abc or kiss cuddle n torture, (lol I always made sure I got caught) the list is endless. Xswing ball and there was another favourite toy but can't mind what it was called...it involved two players each holding two handles with two long bits of string attached to the handles and a ball (rugby shaped) was threaded on the string. The idea was that when the ball came towards you, you pull the handles apart and the ball would scoot to the other player... Can anyone remember what it was called?

As far as I can remember it was called Streaker but someone else said Zoom Ball so could be either of those."

Yeah I think it was zoom ball

Post new Message to Thread