Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

the clique

Jump to newest

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

Is there a clique? Many will claim there isnt even when you see the same band of folk agreeing with everything that another says.myself I believe there is. certain folk know I dosnt matter what they write they have 20 folk will agree with everything they say.as well as the newbies who will also to try and be part of the elite gang they see on the forums. I dont think they have secret meetings or anything lol but do know for a fact that things are discussed through other means and answers brought about from other "clique" members to a thread one wantsback up on. Instead of trying to pretend it dosnt happen just accept it does for those who want to be part of the gang keep snivelling for others hold strong to your own beliefs. Whats others thoughts on "the cliques"

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I don't care I post what I want, when I want and on any subject I want

Within the rules.

Reply privately

By *44bertCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

Nah. I moderate a forum elsewhere, and you get these kind of accusations from time to time.

It'll seem like one to people who don't use the forum a lot or are new.

Think of it like walking into a new local pub for the first time - you don't just wander up to a group of people who have obviously been sitting at that same table for years - you take the time to get to know them and work your way in...

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes there is a clique; some pretend to be unaware or not in one when they are right in the thick of it

most know who they are, the same ones that run to admin when a post doesn't go their way, so that they can ask admin to ban the poster for a few days

fairy pathetic but you get cry babies everywhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

Think its more people who meet up more Often . So its natural to stick up for people you like and care about. Think there is a clique to a degree.

Just don't care post what I like. What gets on my nerves is people who have listend to there's and already judgement

Me

When they have never spoke to me. ??

Reply privately

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Is there a clique? Many will claim there isnt even when you see the same band of folk agreeing with everything that another says.myself I believe there is. certain folk know I dosnt matter what they write they have 20 folk will agree with everything they say.as well as the newbies who will also to try and be part of the elite gang they see on the forums. I dont think they have secret meetings or anything lol but do know for a fact that things are discussed through other means and answers brought about from other "clique" members to a thread one wantsback up on. Instead of trying to pretend it dosnt happen just accept it does for those who want to be part of the gang keep snivelling for others hold strong to your own beliefs. Whats others thoughts on "the cliques""
There are cliques in all walks of life from primary school,high school,collage,uni,work you name it's everywhere.

There are also groups of friends with the same outlook on life and similar interests so of course they will agree with each other.

So it's no different on here compared to real life.

What I dont understand is the need for clique posts... just let people get on with doing their own thing and you should do likewise.

99% of the time I see a group of friends agreeing nothing more and yes the other 1% are part of a clique.

I find it all rather strange some people consume their whole time on here analizing why someones made a comment in the way they have

Reply privately

By *oversforfun2000Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Of course there is but that's life, it is natural to form stronger friendships with certain ppl! As long as you don't intentionally leave anybody out or be rude then I don't see the big deal!

P.s I'm not part of any clique and no desire to be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

What I dont understand is the need for clique posts... just let people get on with doing their own thing and you should do likewise.

99% of the time I see a group of friends agreeing nothing more and yes the other 1% are part of a clique.

I find it all rather strange some people consume their whole time on here analizing why someones made a comment in the way they have

"

Kind of contradicting yourself are you not?

I mean you are the one online replying to a post saying its a waste of time, think about it

Reply privately

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"

Kind of contradicting yourself are you not?

I mean you are the one online replying to a post saying its a waste of time, think about it "

yeah your probably right just adding my opinion like everyone else

Reply privately

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"I don't care I post what I want, when I want and on any subject I want

Within the rules.

"

lol me too unfortunatly not so good atnot breaking the rules

Reply privately

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Think its more people who meet up more Often . So its natural to stick up for people you like and care about. Think there is a clique to a degree.

"

would agree with most of this apart from they meet up more often I believe alot of the time they barely meet up if ever actually met.its more that they see certain folk as being king or queen of the castle so ingratiate themselves by agreeing and falling into line though the main core are all bessie mates

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yes there is a clique; some pretend to be unaware or not in one when they are right in the thick of it

most know who they are, the same ones that run to admin when a post doesn't go their way, so that they can ask admin to ban the poster for a few days

fairy pathetic but you get cry babies everywhere"

Pretty much this. I've disagreed or spoken out on a subject a few times; then a certain member joins in. Within a few posts I've either been timed out, post removed or thread closed.

All part of the fun in fab!

B

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I don't care I post what I want, when I want and on any subject I want

Within the rules.

lol me too unfortunatly not so good atnot breaking the rules "

Reply privately

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Couldn't care less either way

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Yes there is a clique; some pretend to be unaware or not in one when they are right in the thick of it

fairy pathetic but you get cry babies everywhere"

You see you are now insulting. Mods and Admin by accusing them of banning someone on someone else say so.

Happy to put that myth to bed....the only reason someone is banned is because THEY type something on the forum that broke rules.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Short & simple answer, YES there definetley is a clique on fab

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

As said on the other clique threads....these threads just cause more division.

Try not to take the forum too seriously and ignore the people who's post you don't like

Reply privately