Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

firework displays?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

who are all going to displays tonight and if so do you ever think to yourself. how many folk here are on the site?

we usually go to the strathy park 1 but not going this year due to family stuff.

Mr Me

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Usually go to Glasgow Green to see the display but been loaded with the flu so never made it.

over a year ago

i got to the local one to me but its on sat x

over a year ago

our own backgarden,,,

they were brill jas done the kids proud,,,maybe cause they told him last yrs were crap lol

hotdogs n sparklers,,,cannae beat it lol xx

auds x

over a year ago

went to strathy one last night but was with my daughter so was last thing on my mind at the time lol

over a year ago

well we did end up going to strathy park display last night and it was brill.and whats Mrs Me like. i got her a coffee and then she said its hot.

ffs its coffee what did she expect ICE.

By *nTCouple
over a year ago

funland

I would ban all fireworks, my poor dog shakes and gets in a hell of a state so much so he is on meds

over a year ago

we have had 2 dogs and both just wanted to go outside everytime a firework made a loud bang.our spaniel used to run and sit next to me when 1 went off. but both were trained to the gun so the lud bangs were just second nature to them. but normal pet dogs hate them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/11/10 00:50:51]

over a year ago

"sparklers,,,cannae beat it lol xx

"

If you seen what sparklers can do to a wee hand you'd change your tune sharpish.

15 times hotter than a kettle, 8 times hotter than chip oil, 5 times hotter than a bbq and we hand them to the under 5 year olds.

over a year ago

as if id let my kids hold them without telling them what to do?

i know this might come as a shock to some but i am a responsible parent

auds

sparklers and hotdogs,,,MY kids love it xx auds

over a year ago

Accidents happen with them every year tho, even to responsible ppl.

over a year ago

so does getn hit by a bus.

over a year ago

fireworks are amazing I love them maybe coz am a piro at heart

over a year ago

"fireworks are amazing "

No they're not!

over a year ago

"fireworks are amazing

No they're not!"

If fireworks are treated with respect they won't harm anyone that goes with sparklers to I gave my youngest sparklers and she has used them since she was three she hasn't been burned or hit by a firework. They are spectacular the kids love them but they have to be taught that they are dangerous my kids have always treated them with respect and this year was no diffrent

Michelle

over a year ago

I passed strsthy park while trucking on the M74, and some fecking idiots were parked on the hard shoulder to watch the display..... ffs no brain cells or what!!!!!!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/11/10 12:46:12]

over a year ago

"fireworks are amazing

No they're not!

If fireworks are treated with respect they won't harm anyone that goes with sparklers to I gave my youngest sparklers and she has used them since she was three she hasn't been burned or hit by a firework. They are spectacular the kids love them but they have to be taught that they are dangerous my kids have always treated them with respect and this year was no diffrent

Michelle "

well said xx

over a year ago

"I would ban all fireworks, my poor dog shakes and gets in a hell of a state so much so he is on meds "

Had to do same with my lovely collie,its heartbreaking seeing a lovely animal cower n shake out of total and utter fear of things they just dont understand and collies are clever dogs.

T xx

over a year ago

"fireworks are amazing

No they're not!

Michelle "

Any you're basing your opinion on your vast and varied professional experiences are you?

Won't harm anyone? You are joking I assume?

Perhaps you've just been LUCKY unlike all the other poor buggers (who unfortunately I've seen first hand) who haven't!

over a year ago

" well said xx "

I despair!!!!!

over a year ago

I touched the hot end of a sparkler as a kid, just that daft childish curiousity,not long enough to do oodles of damage, but thats sometimes the way we learn about things, matches being dangerous etc.

T

over a year ago

some adults still play with fire lol

oh and ropes knots

some folk ehe ,,,lived dangerous lol

auds xx

over a year ago

"fireworks are amazing

No they're not!

Michelle

Any you're basing your opinion on your vast and varied professional experiences are you?

Won't harm anyone? You are joking I assume?

Perhaps you've just been LUCKY unlike all the other poor buggers (who unfortunately I've seen first hand) who haven't!"

I have seen first hand what they can do that is why I am extra careful I am sorry if I ofended you and as I say on every 5th of nov I hope that the emergancy services have a quiet night and that was even when I was working I hate anyone being hurt but like every where else you have irisponisable people and parents that look away for just a second and that is when accidents happen I know that I am not stupid and I am grown up and responcible enough to know the diffrence. Thank you for your comments but please before you write things like this you have to remember that you aren't the only person here that have seen the results of irrisponsibility.

Michelle

over a year ago

"sorry if I ofended you.

remember that you aren't the only person here that have seen the results of irrisponsibility.

Michelle"

No offence at all.

Unfortunately I've seen more than most and continue to do so year in, year out.

Always some poor (responsible) bugger gets badly injured, regardless.

The sooner they ban the public sale of them the better (watch this space lol)

over a year ago

"sorry if I ofended you.

remember that you aren't the only person here that have seen the results of irrisponsibility.

Michelle

No offence at all.

Unfortunately I've seen more than most and continue to do so year in, year out.

Always some poor (responsible) bugger gets badly injured, regardless.

The sooner they ban the public sale of them the better (watch this space lol)"

I agree with you on the point of sale it is not tight enough it should only be proper displays that have fireworks I lived in Hong Kong and you can't bye them there but people still get hurt at displays as well and like you have had to deal with it year in year out I must admit when the kids were younger I made them watch from the bedroom wimdow to see them so I knew that they were safe.

Post new Message to Thread