Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Excuse for cancelling

Jump to newest

By *inasparkles OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Just wondering what's the best excuses you've been given for someone cancelling a meet. Bet the there's some crackers.

Mines was my dads getting a heart bypass just got the phone call at 10 this morning lol like that's something you get a cancellation appointment for lol x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I posted one the other day about an 8pm meet. He was just going to walk the dog then come over (10 min away). 2 hrs later nothing...next day a message saying dog just wouldnt walk and it tool hours by which time it was too late lol

By *inasparkles OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I posted one the other day about an 8pm meet. He was just going to walk the dog then come over (10 min away). 2 hrs later nothing...next day a message saying dog just wouldnt walk and it tool hours by which time it was too late lol"

over a year ago

Its more annoying when you don't get a massage after arranging a meet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

I've never cancelled

over a year ago

I had to cancel due to work, I work adhoc offshore and normally get short notice for a check in I don't think the couple believed me even though it was 100% genuine

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I've not had any bizarre excuses yet, kinda sad about that

over a year ago

The confusion that the other couple thought we were coming to them when all through the chat sorting the meet they mentioned about sorting a babysitter.

The cancellation came an hour before they were due to arrive.

It turns out that it's really no loss.

over a year ago

"Its more annoying when you don't get a massage after arranging a meet grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! "

Did they message you about the massage?

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

"I've not had any bizarre excuses yet, kinda sad about that "
I'd meet you but I can't walk as my shoes shrunk overnight

over a year ago

Lol ops. no contact at all, just ignored me ooo so rude. their loss

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Never had anyone cancel

over a year ago

"Just wondering what's the best excuses you've been given for someone cancelling a meet. Bet the there's some crackers.

Mines was my dads getting a heart bypass just got the phone call at 10 this morning lol like that's something you get a cancellation appointment for lol x"

Of course that's a very real thing. People can absolutely get called in for an operation at short notice. It's not like their excuse was 'my cat swallowed one of the curtains'.

There are any number of reasons it can happen, someone has called the hospital the day of the op to say they can't be admitted so rather than lost the slot, they give it to someone else or the person who was due to have the op has died so the slot becomes available. It doesn't mean they have to be having the surgery that day but if your dad was going into to hospital, wouldn't you be more concerned with helping them get settled in than getting your end away? I know I would be.

S

over a year ago

We arranged a meet with a couple - they cancelled 2hours before the meet(we were to leave a half hour after they mailed as takes us an hour to where we were meeting) the plans were they were to put kids to the families the night before drive back get ready and meet us at 6 that night their excuse? They couldn't get the family to babysit for the whole weekend.. why not email on the Friday night and say? To make things worse they go a new verification on the Sunday for the Saturday night we were to meet.. when asked they denied it so we blocked them as don't intend on being someone's second choice.

over a year ago

'I volunteer at a Foodbank and got caught up helping' Just got that today...aim is play to emotions obviously lol

over a year ago

Boils my blood I struggle to get a meet and useless people time waste.

Why come here

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

"Boils my blood I struggle to get a meet and useless people time waste.

Why come here"

have to agree bud,stupid fkwits on here

over a year ago

Why come herehave to agree bud,stupid fkwits on here"

Why bother with the site then you two if it's so bad?

over a year ago

Worse one was woman was a no show twice in a week no messages then blocked me...timewaster

By *pl 4 funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Seems a lot of people think if someone cancels on them then they are a timewaster. Yes there is plenty of them on here but there is probably lots of genuine people who have had genuine reasons to cancel.

over a year ago

Why come herehave to agree bud,stupid fkwits on here

Why bother with the site then you two if it's so bad? "

Wasn't saying it's a bad site. But when people waste time and there's genuine people willing

over a year ago

"Seems a lot of people think if someone cancels on them then they are a timewaster. Yes there is plenty of them on here but there is probably lots of genuine people who have had genuine reasons to cancel. "

Yes your right, a simple message to explain or apologise is all it takes.manners cost nothing

over a year ago

Why bother with the site then you two if it's so bad? "

I don't think they're saying the site is bad, it's just frustrating when you constantly see people complaining about time wasters and people being rude or pushy, when there's genuinely nice, reliable guys getting passed over for arsehole, musclebound alpha males. Not saying it's 100% of the time but I can see where they're coming from.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I don't think they're saying the site is bad, it's just frustrating when you constantly see people complaining about time wasters and people being rude or pushy, when there's genuinely nice, reliable guys getting passed over for arsehole, musclebound alpha males. Not saying it's 100% of the time but I can see where they're coming from. "

Yes, but those genuinely nice, reliable guys may not hold any attraction for them?

over a year ago

I don't think they're saying the site is bad, it's just frustrating when you constantly see people complaining about time wasters and people being rude or pushy, when there's genuinely nice, reliable guys getting passed over for arsehole, musclebound alpha males. Not saying it's 100% of the time but I can see where they're coming from.

Yes, but those genuinely nice, reliable guys may not hold any attraction for them?"

That is very true, but I know from personal experience that a guy can send out 100 msgs and be lucky to get 3replies, now when you are sending that many messages to ALL DIFFERENT types of people, it's hard to believe that not one of them found you even slightly attractive. The truth is it's because there's someone who's more attractive, someone with muscles, someone in uniform (usually squaddies who are famously rude on here) or some other similar trait. Again this isn't the case 100% of the time as I have met some wonderful couples on here (that's my thing ) Personally I would rather be with someone who is fun rather than hot and you usually find a great personality is quickly followed by sexyness you may not have noticed before.

over a year ago

Cant say I've had many cancellations but at least he gave you notice. Only you can decide if he's genuine or not and whether he gets a second chance. Plenty more willing to step into his shoes I bet

over a year ago

Turned up at someone's house after a 30 min drive, no answer, lights out..

"Sorry, fell asleep..."

Post new Message to Thread