Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Best pubs in Edinburgh midweek!

Jump to newest

By *requent Visitor OP   Man
over a year ago

City Centre

hi all, nothing like asking the locals of want a proper insight!

I'm in Edinburgh the next 2 nights, like my craft beer, rum n a place that can chat to women so not scummy but not too pretentious that no one speaks to you. That said having two heads may put people off chatting everywhere lol!

Just been in the Hanging Bat, now that's a cool bar!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Brewdog, Cowgate do craft ales

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Brewdog, Cowgate do craft ales "

That's a good shout.

over a year ago

City Centre

Cheers guys was doing a bit of searching online and seen that place, wasn't sure of the clientele but hey worth a try now!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Clientele are good and bad everywhere (especially when alcohol is involved), but Brewdog usually has a good welcoming atmosphere x

over a year ago

City Centre

"Clientele are good and bad everywhere (especially when alcohol is involved), but Brewdog usually has a good welcoming atmosphere x"

Ha if people like you frequent it it's looking quite the place have to try and thinking mid week crowd couldn't be that bad! I'm from N.Ireland so used to bad lol!, jus don't want somewhere dead so can have a laugh n a bit of banter as well, thanks.

over a year ago

"Clientele are good and bad everywhere (especially when alcohol is involved), but Brewdog usually has a good welcoming atmosphere x

Ha if people like you frequent it it's looking quite the place have to try and thinking mid week crowd couldn't be that bad! I'm from N.Ireland so used to bad lol!, jus don't want somewhere dead so can have a laugh n a bit of banter as well, thanks."

Where are you staying in Edinburgh?

over a year ago

If you like rum, check out the blue Blazer (next to after 8 club). Good selection of beers too- although may be a bit more of an old school pub than you're after.... Slighhouse on George IV bridge has good drinks too

over a year ago

My fav is the Guildford arms , good crowd as well !!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Clientele are good and bad everywhere (especially when alcohol is involved), but Brewdog usually has a good welcoming atmosphere x

Ha if people like you frequent it it's looking quite the place have to try and thinking mid week crowd couldn't be that bad! I'm from N.Ireland so used to bad lol!, jus don't want somewhere dead so can have a laugh n a bit of banter as well, thanks."

Unfortunately I don't. I'm a pint of gin in Gorgie before the footie kind of lass!! x But hope you enjoy.

over a year ago

sneaky petes - the cowgate

over a year ago

City Centre

Ha if people like you frequent it it's looking quite the place have to try and thinking mid week crowd couldn't be that bad! I'm from N.Ireland so used to bad lol!, jus don't want somewhere dead so can have a laugh n a bit of banter as well, thanks.

Where are you staying in Edinburgh?"

Staying in hay market area and ended up in the Brew Dog!

over a year ago

City Centre

Thanks for all the heads up on places will check these out for tonight, appreciate it. One next to the After8 club could be dangerous and have me go on there tonight though don't know what like for single guys and pricey to be ignored all night unless someone wants to pop in n say hi prior to ha!

Post new Message to Thread