Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

let downs/no shows

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

judging by the statuses people are putting up it seems to be happening more and more often.

is it a case of people picking the wrong people to meet?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Possibly, been here a few years, and never had a "no show". We always take the time to get to know folkj, and gut instinct has never let us down

over a year ago

"Possibly, been here a few years, and never had a "no show". We always take the time to get to know folkj, and gut instinct has never let us down "

maybe we are doing it right then,apart from when we want a quick single guy meet we always try to get to know people first and its paid/paying off,so no let downs yet.

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

In 8 years (on and off) here and another site before I've never had a no show.. I've had 1 last minute cancel, but never a no show..

When people are continually getting no shows / let downs I think they need to look at what they're doing rather than moaning that the site is full of timewasters...

Then there's the people who are moaning about timewasters, when in fact people are simply changing their minds about meeting them.. or they've said that "maybe they might want to meet them" but in the end decided they don't want to meet.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"

is it a case of people picking the wrong people to meet?"

In a good few cases, yes,

Sometimes common sense and a gut feeling goes out the window when horny.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

Think a few need to rethink how they select and what steps they take to find out who is and isn't genuine.

In the 10 or so years we have been swinging we have had 1 no show ...and that was in the beginning....

By *ckleticklesWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Was about to add a post about status updates....do people honestly believe having a whiney, arsey rant on here is going to help them???

Timewasters, pricks and sluts in one rant alone. So sexy..not.

(Yes an ironic rant from ickles lol)

over a year ago

seems to be a large majority are utter piss takes !!! talk a good game but comes to it no show.. I got half way to glasgow to be told it was a wind up etc.... wasn't amused to say the least !!

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"Was about to add a post about status updates....do people honestly believe having a whiney, arsey rant on here is going to help them???

Timewasters, pricks and sluts in one rant alone. So sexy..not.

(Yes an ironic rant from ickles lol)"

Must admit dramatic ranting statuses put me off lol

over a year ago

"In 8 years (on and off) here and another site before I've never had a no show.. I've had 1 last minute cancel, but never a no show..

When people are continually getting no shows / let downs I think they need to look at what they're doing rather than moaning that the site is full of timewasters...

Then there's the people who are moaning about timewasters, when in fact people are simply changing their minds about meeting them.. or they've said that "maybe they might want to meet them" but in the end decided they don't want to meet."

thats sort of the point we were making,theres no point moaning about it for the fourth time,learn your lesson after the first.

as for you never having a no show,theres no surprise there youre bloody well gorgeous!!

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

There's enough drama in every day life far less having it in here

over a year ago

C'mon forum you canny beat a post like this lol

over a year ago

Yeah, been there too. Just one of those things, I guess

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

We've experienced a few timewasters recently, date and time have been set and they haven't turned up or replied to our last message confirming we're still a go. We have no problem meeting guys last minute, but couples are difficult.

We are aware that it's partly our fault as our timings are a bit crappy at the moment, but hopefully we can find a better solution.

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

And when I see ranty or name and shame status updates it's an instant block

By *rystalsdragonCouple
over a year ago

central for fun / axarquia

Find this a big turn off too when see rants in profiles.

never had a no show but have had postponements and cos we work shifts and family etc sometimes things crop up, but courtesy to sent a message of phone and explain to arrange another day is fine - we all have commitments and things happen que sera etc but for peeps to be then called timewaster and and rants on profiles are just pants

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Cunty Durham

I had a no show on sunday. they asked to meet the previous week and i couldn't, so THEY requested the next week (sunday just past)....

Didn't turn up, no text, no fab mail, even though they were on the site in the afternoon..... if thats not a timewaster what is?

Ive been getting the whinging all wekk cause i called them a timewaster in a text (not publically) the excuse was it was easter, had family round, couldnt get to phone....blah, blah, blah!!....

That excuse dont wash, they asked me to meet sunday night, they didnt show, didnt message (despite having been online) claim they couldnt pick a phone up long enough to text...... bullshit....my blocklists up by 1

over a year ago

We've been on here nearly two years (ish) and we've had a no show yet and thats out of 30-odd meets (social and play). Can't speak for everyone but for us, I genuinely think it's because of taking time to get to know people a bit first or at least having a social meet fairly early on to see if we hit it off.

Also, I think looking through peoples profiles, you develop a sense of if they are genuine swingers who are looking for the same things as us or just bedpost notches when it suits them (nothing wrong with that by the way!)

S

Post new Message to Thread