Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

No thanks or ignore?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you message someone you like the look of, if they're not interested do you prefer a message back saying no thank you or them just ignoring you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *omaMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It costs nothing to be polite. Some will say "I haven't got time to reply to messages"yet they always have time to browse.

Kindness and civility breeds the same.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

My thanks but no thanks is on my profile

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

A no thanks or ignore means the same thing in my humble opinion

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"A no thanks or ignore means the same thing in my humble opinion "

^^^^What she said

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My thanks but no thanks is on my profile "

Same with me. I don't have time to reply to all the messages. Not boasting, I'm sure it's the same with all the singles on here.

over a year ago

It's hard to get through them all a had 206 and 6 when my pic was top fabbed a would need to hire a pa cause they start sending second mails if you don't answer the first quick enough can't win!!

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do feel for the ladies in the respect of getting so much mail it's hard to deal with and can understand it, however the question was about do you prefer being told no thanks or being ignored if you mailed someone first, not being the one doing the turning down

over a year ago

Oops

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Do feel for the ladies in the respect of getting so much mail it's hard to deal with and can understand it, however the question was about do you prefer being told no thanks or being ignored if you mailed someone first, not being the one doing the turning down "

I was talking about when I mail someone

over a year ago

if someone choose to ignore an email id take it as a no thanks ...if they wanted to type out a no thanks then that would be upto them but as already has been said before it all equates to the same result anyway lol xxx

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

We try to mail most people with a thanks but no thanks ...but it doesn't bother us if people didn't answer oir mails

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think if someone has crafted a well written message that speaks to what the other person is looking for, they match what the recipient of the mail is actively seeking....

it is good manners to reply...

if 3 words of a message.... then NO

By *issBehavingxxWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I was talking about when I mail someone "

So was I

over a year ago

I used to reply to all my messages with a polite no thanks but then I would get another message asking why, which I would reply to and so on and so on. It's easier not to reply so I don't need to get into a big discussion with a random guy that messages asking for a fuck because he has a free hour.

Also sometimes messages are coming in thick and fast so they drop off the page and I don't see them

over a year ago

"Do feel for the ladies in the respect of getting so much mail it's hard to deal with and can understand it, however the question was about do you prefer being told no thanks or being ignored if you mailed someone first, not being the one doing the turning down "

Seriously? Get too many messages to notice. I'd like to think I'm polite though, and will try to do a no thanks rather than ignore.

over a year ago

Sorry thinking about myself again

I don't mind at all. I take the hint if they ignore the message, it's obviously a no thanks

over a year ago

"I used to reply to all my messages with a polite no thanks but then I would get another message asking why, which I would reply to and so on and so on. "

seriously !! thats creepy . if i mail someone and receive a no thanks or no reply then so be it move on but to question why just looks wrong i have mailed and had no reply then months later sent another due to profile change or maybee they had too much mail before but as before same rules apply, a deefy is as good as a no thank you ....

over a year ago

If ive been on a social and ive messaged someone that was there and they haven't got back to me and ive messaged again and no reply. I guess I can safely say they don't want to chat

Next lol

over a year ago

I don't understand why you would need rejection in writing.

over a year ago

I guess uour right non

over a year ago

No reply is a no. To much energy to reply.

If I'm interested I'll reply

over a year ago

Don't mind if they don't, it means the same as a no to us. We don't reply to people who either haven't read our profile or don't interest us!

over a year ago

"I used to reply to all my messages with a polite no thanks but then I would get another message asking why, which I would reply to and so on and so on. It's easier not to reply so I don't need to get into a big discussion with a random guy that messages asking for a fuck because he has a free hour.

Also sometimes messages are coming in thick and fast so they drop off the page and I don't see them "

This

And I never initiate contact

over a year ago

I try to reply to all. I have a hot key set up on my phone so it pastes a standard reply to everyone.

Hi there. Thanks for popping by and saying hi. I hope that u find everything u are looking for here. Good luck xx

over a year ago

A written rejection is good...at least I know my message...that I took time to think about and write down has been read...

I do sometime write a second message as I do know that messages can get missed in the shear volume in an inbox...

Oh and never ask why...don't think I want to know...

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Awright doll how would ya like ma throbbing cock rummaging round yer furry purse deserves no reply

over a year ago

"Awright doll how would ya like ma throbbing cock rummaging round yer furry purse deserves no reply "

Ah hahahahahahahaha!!! Instant block

over a year ago

"When you message someone you like the look of, if they're not interested do you prefer a message back saying no thank you or them just ignoring you?"

We don't mind as they both equate to the same thing.

We used to reply to all messages but not now.

If someone has taken the time to read our profile we'll try to reply but some others who obviously haven't read it then we'll just ignore.

Sometimes after a polite 'no thanks' they feel the need to ask 'why not' or start to be abusive.

Some others send a message and before we have had the chance to reply they'll have sent a second or even a third message.

By *oanne_MacTV/TS
over a year ago

Perth

I used to reply (even to the ones that ignore my profile and message anyway).... but found that just led to a follow up exchange of mails where they try and change your mind or ask why....

If its polite well written message i get and im not interested I'll reply with a polite no thanks....

If its a pishy "howz u"..."wot u up to/into".... "hey babez"...etc..... its ignored....

If its someone who clearly doesnt meet my criteria and has ignored profile...... ignored...

If its a rude message or a message from a stalker who doesnt understand no reply means no and keeps messaging?...... its a reply to say fuck off....

over a year ago

a standard message is hi like your profile would you like to meet.

Reply- no thanks

How no

Reply- because your not my type

How whats your type then?

Reply- not you

How what's wrong with me?

And it so becomes tedious replying to someone your not interested in so ignoring is easier

over a year ago

Our profile is absolutely clear about what we are looking for but too many guys simply ignore our preferences and write looking for a meet anyway.

We used to get 70 plus messages per day like that.

When people show us no courtesy by ignoring our preferences and write looking for meets I think it is a bit rich if they expect a polite reply in return!

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

If i message and get no reply then i take it as a no ....no problem with it at all

over a year ago

"Our profile is absolutely clear about what we are looking for but too many guys simply ignore our preferences and write looking for a meet anyway.

We used to get 70 plus messages per day like that.

When people show us no courtesy by ignoring our preferences and write looking for meets I think it is a bit rich if they expect a polite reply in return!

"

Most definitely!

over a year ago

Doesn't bother me at all, I take the hint if I don't get a reply

over a year ago

"A no thanks or ignore means the same thing in my humble opinion "

you took the words right out my mouth.