Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Fabber from work?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So have you ever been on a social and bumped into a fellow fabber from work?

Was going to come along friday but now i have this total instinct feeling that one of the profiles going is someone from work

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How will he or she know your on Fab?

over a year ago

at the end off the day you both are on here for the same thing.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes, I (Mr S) have a few times met a fellow colleague from work at a social and at CJs. One male one female.

I knew beforehand that they were going as I recognised one from on cam and another because a conversation went in a certain direction and it was obvious they were on fab.

As long as you know the score ie dont mix pleasure with business and you know why both of you are on the site it should not make a difference.

Like a previous post mentions discretion is the key.

over a year ago

Thanks ... I dont even know for sure its just that things tie up like height age location and username hints at real name

I would obviously be totally discreet but just worries me incase they are not

And to the first poster they would know because we would both be at the same event x

over a year ago

Is it someone you would like to meet ?

over a year ago

"Is it someone you would like to meet ?"

Probably not in this context .... Otherwise id be too busy away choosing an outfit to post on the forum haha

X

over a year ago

It has never happened to me but although it might be a bit awkward at 1st you should both recognise that your there for the same reason. The risk as you point out is that they might not be descrete as you would like so this has to be considered carefully.

over a year ago

The bigger risk is one day i would like to work in that dept .... Puts a whole new spin on just imagine the interviewers without their clothes on

over a year ago

Life is chance if you ho then enjoy you only get one life.x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

By doing this post and your status update your drawing attention to that person who you are anyway. So why worry if they are from work your both on here for the same reasons and that's the risk you take when you choose to attend socials and clubs.

over a year ago

I dont have any public pictures that would identify me though ... I posted to get some opinions to help me decide if its a risk I'm willing to take

For some of us this is all still new and exciting but also at times a bit scary yet not something i can just chat through with my friends so i picked here instead

By *onkersMan
over a year ago

livingston

"Thanks ... I dont even know for sure its just that things tie up like height age location and username hints at real name

I would obviously be totally discreet but just worries me incase they are not

And to the first poster they would know because we would both be at the same event x"

i had to bin a social for the same reason not worth taking the chance

By *ckleticklesWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes. I know several people from Fab in 'real life'. Provides much amusement, but there have been the chats about absolute discretion and mutually assured destruction

Fabbers can be just friends too.

The old adage about not shitting on your own doorstep may also be useful for you.

over a year ago

"The bigger risk is one day i would like to work in that dept .... Puts a whole new spin on just imagine the interviewers without their clothes on "

Sounds like a good interview to me

over a year ago

"So have you ever been on a social and bumped into a fellow fabber from work?

Was going to come along friday but now i have this total instinct feeling that one of the profiles going is someone from work "

This happened to me recently but I had to advise the person to hide his face pics due to the nature of work. He thanked me for pointing him in the right direction of how to make his pics private.

We have had a laugh about it & both know we will continue to be discreet he has his life I have mine x

over a year ago

Happened to me about 18 months ago. Recognised a girl who I worked with - she had her face pics on her profile. We had a good laugh when I confronted her - she said she had a gut feeling I was on here! she left the job a couple months later but we are still very good friends and see each other regularly

Post new Message to Thread