Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Discretion and respecting others privacy

Jump to newest

By *r and Mrs Snogalot OP   Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Discretion and respecting others privacy!

What does it mean to you? Do you think it is ever acceptable to cross the line? Do you think you have the right to be indiscreet on behalf of others?

It is often mentioned that discretion is a huge part of fab - as it should be. What is okay for me to share with others is not okay for others to share in my behalf.

Mrs S

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Discretion and respecting others privacy!

What does it mean to you? Do you think it is ever acceptable to cross the line? Do you think you have the right to be indiscreet on behalf of others?

It is often mentioned that discretion is a huge part of fab - as it should be. What is okay for me to share with others is not okay for others to share in my behalf.

Mrs S "

Your 100'/, right it's never ok to tell anyone, anyone else's business discretion and respect is a must Xx

over a year ago

It is exactly what it says .

Be respectful be discrete . Never ever acceptable to cross the line and no one should cross yours .

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman
over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

Mrs S "

Couldn't of said it better myself ,in my experience it happened fat to often these days ,as in other people breaking my or others anonymity on here or at drinks events which is uncalled for and tolally disrepectful.No one gas the right to speak for other on here bar the idividual them self's .

over a year ago

Discretion is a must at all times

Once that line has been crossed there's no turning back

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman
over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

Mrs S

Couldn't of said it better myself ,in my experience it happened fat to often these days ,as in other people breaking my or others anonymity on here or at drinks events which is uncalled for and tolally disrepectful.No one gas the right to speak for other on here bar the idividual them self's . "

far*

over a year ago

I've seen all types of breaching of privacy and discretion done on here and lately a lot more of it . If you go to a night out and want to tell someone what you do , that's your choice but don't broadcast it so that it's obvious others in your company are doing the same . Organising drinks nights and socials isn't something you can do in 5 mins and everyone is asked not to discuss whereabouts with others. Yet I still get people just turning up saying oh so and so said it was here ,or we just knew.

Sorry but this is people's lives. we all have family and friends we would not wish to know about, whether that be for their benefits or ours . It's a lifestyle choice and it's fun but it can be really devastating for people who's lives are suddenly being discussed or threatened to disclose their profile or pics to others or sabotaging events. Not enough is done to stop this when it does happen in my opinion.

It's an adult based site and I think it's about high time people started showing that respect privacy and discretion towards all play mates or friends they may have . It's not anyone's right to be discussing other people's lives and choices with others. Some people are behaving irresponsibly and childish thinking it gives them power and a hold over others . If that's the case then you shouldn't be on here and fab shouldn't be allowing them to remain . Blocking them for other people's profile isn't good enough for some people . They need to find a way to ensure it stops and the message is driven home !!!

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman
over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

"I've seen all types of breaching of privacy and discretion done on here and lately a lot more of it . If you go to a night out and want to tell someone what you do , that's your choice but don't broadcast it so that it's obvious others in your company are doing the same . Organising drinks nights and socials isn't something you can do in 5 mins and everyone is asked not to discuss whereabouts with others. Yet I still get people just turning up saying oh so and so said it was here ,or we just knew.

Sorry but this is people's lives. we all have family and friends we would not wish to know about, whether that be for their benefits or ours . It's a lifestyle choice and it's fun but it can be really devastating for people who's lives are suddenly being discussed or threatened to disclose their profile or pics to others or sabotaging events. Not enough is done to stop this when it does happen in my opinion.

It's an adult based site and I think it's about high time people started showing that respect privacy and discretion towards all play mates or friends they may have . It's not anyone's right to be discussing other people's lives and choices with others. Some people are behaving irresponsibly and childish thinking it gives them power and a hold over others . If that's the case then you shouldn't be on here and fab shouldn't be allowing them to remain . Blocking them for other people's profile isn't good enough for some people . They need to find a way to ensure it stops and the message is driven home !!!"

over a year ago

"I've seen all types of breaching of privacy and discretion done on here and lately a lot more of it . If you go to a night out and want to tell someone what you do , that's your choice but don't broadcast it so that it's obvious others in your company are doing the same . Organising drinks nights and socials isn't something you can do in 5 mins and everyone is asked not to discuss whereabouts with others. Yet I still get people just turning up saying oh so and so said it was here ,or we just knew.

It's an adult based site and I think it's about high time people started showing that respect privacy and discretion towards all play mates or friends they may have . It's not anyone's right to be discussing other people's lives and choices with others. Some people are behaving irresponsibly and childish thinking it gives them power and a hold over others . If that's the case then you shouldn't be on here and fab shouldn't be allowing them to remain . Blocking them for other people's profile isn't good enough for some people . They need to find a way to ensure it stops and the message is driven home !!! "

By *un be happyCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

It's an adult based site and I think it's about high time people started showing that respect privacy and discretion towards all play mates or friends they may have . It's not anyone's right to be discussing other people's lives and choices with others. Some people are behaving irresponsibly and childish thinking it gives them power and a hold over others . If that's the case then you shouldn't be on here and fab shouldn't be allowing them to remain . Blocking them for other people's profile isn't good enough for some people . They need to find a way to ensure it stops and the message is driven home !!!"

over a year ago

Totally agree with everything that has been said , and only the minority would be malicious in wanting to out people .

There has been, on a few occasions, at drinks nights that people have a few too many and dont really realise the potential damage they could cause .

That is fine for them if they do not mind vanillas in pub knowing their business, but they must respect that other people there do not want it broadcast that they are part of a swingers site.

I know of someone who said they would not go back to any drinks events because of reason above ,

they want their lifestyle to remain a secret and they have every right for that to be respected.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Discretion on nights out, in chat or in the forums is something that has lessened over the years.

That is my opinion.

People need to grandstand.

over a year ago

over a year ago

I agree with what has been said above.

I have had my own experience of this recently.

People need to respect each other's privacy and if discretion is required then that needs to be adhered to. Everyone has their reasons for being on here, whatever they may be. It's nobody else's business but the person who owns the profile so people should really butt out and not interfere.

Sadly it's folk like that who ruin it for others and it boggles my brain as to what they hope to achieve by it

over a year ago

Glasgow

Some really good points being made and appreciate everyones comments.

I personally am not ashamed of who I am nor what I do. That being said I will choose who I tell and when.

I reallu do think that if peoplw cannot play like adults, respect one anothers privacy then they should leave the scene behind them.

Mrs S

over a year ago

We think the majority take it as a given, that discretion is the way it is, end of story.

But clearly there are a few people on here who either say too much after a few drinks, think they're telling someone they trust or are spiteful and selfish and chose to sabotage either a single person or a social!

No one has the right to judge or discuss anyone one here, we all deserve the right to privacy! We are all on here for our own reasons and no one has the right to interfere with that!

And socials? Well it's an utter disgrace that anyone would even think of sabotaging such events. The time and effort and stress put into these nights cannot be appreciated until you've organised one yourself and for someone to come along and throw a spanner in all your hard work is sickening to the stomach.

So, yes, discretion is a huge thing for us. We give it and expect it in return!

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Discretion is super important for us but there seems a lack of it on the forum at times. Someone even mentioned a specific shop that a fab member works in and didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with it, which is incredible to us.

By *all saulMan
over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

Yes as said we all have our own lives and families like many I am not ashamed of this lifestyle but I choose who I share it with and when.

Recent events have made me rethink.socials but ultimately the good genuine people make it worthwhile for me anyway.

Time and a place really

Rant over

over a year ago

Just had this gripe on another post as of now.

I can only mention a situation I've been in before in chat room I inderstand your are at a risk of anyone seeing you but I've had people _iewing my cam being single males and had like 6 male friends sitting watching my cam this I find disrespectful and invasion of my privacy Every human being is entitled to this this site should all be in agreement to keep things kept hush unless decided by both parties other wise.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Respect should be given and recieved its that simple in regards to socials one band dont like another venues find out or silly msgs to staff loudmoths telling anyone in the same pub club venue its all went on since the beggining of time and unfortunatly wont change anytime soon

over a year ago

Glasgow

"We think the majority take it as a given, that discretion is the way it is, end of story.

But clearly there are a few people on here who either say too much after a few drinks, think they're telling someone they trust or are spiteful and selfish and chose to sabotage either a single person or a social!

No one has the right to judge or discuss anyone one here, we all deserve the right to privacy! We are all on here for our own reasons and no one has the right to interfere with that!

And socials? Well it's an utter disgrace that anyone would even think of sabotaging such events. The time and effort and stress put into these nights cannot be appreciated until you've organised one yourself and for someone to come along and throw a spanner in all your hard work is sickening to the stomach.

So, yes, discretion is a huge thing for us. We give it and expect it in return! "

I could not agree more

over a year ago

The indiscretion of others is the main reason we're hardly on here anymore and why we'll probably never go to a social again.

As ever, a minority spoil it for the majority. Such is life.

over a year ago

"The indiscretion of others is the main reason we're hardly on here anymore and why we'll probably never go to a social again.

As ever, a minority spoil it for the majority. Such is life."

over a year ago

Glasgow

"The indiscretion of others is the main reason we're hardly on here anymore and why we'll probably never go to a social again.

we really do miss your company

Mrs S

over a year ago

Mrs S "

We certainly do, xxx

over a year ago

it is just a low down horrible thing to breach someone,s trust and confidence , live and let live , don,t judge.hard to understand what they gain

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I've had someone display my work address because Mr didn't answer his message fast enough, that was unpleasant.

I've also had people asking who else we've been talking to, or trying to arrange meets with, or who we've blocked. I don't name names.

By *inasparklesWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

over a year ago

Couldn't agree anymore

over a year ago

Mrs S

We certainly do, xxx"

Thank you. Hope you are all well x

over a year ago

Discretion isn't just about socials etc though. How many claim to be discrete yet show veris of who they have fucked? We show social veris only. No one knows who we have fucked unless they were there.

By *lue4youCouple
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

We wear or veris like a badge of honour lol. Be they social or sexual, they represent encounters we have enjoyed through fab and our lifestyle choices. However, we don't necessarily divulge a blow by blow account about any meet with any other party. Seldom do we disclose our more personal details with anyone from fab. To those whom we do, we entrust with the utmost discretion. Fingers crossed it never goes horribly wrong, whilst we are not ashamed of being swingers, we also live in the real world and ne'er the twain shall meet. Love N Lust xxxxxx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/04/15 19:32:36]

over a year ago

"We wear or veris like a badge of honour lol. Be they social or sexual, they represent encounters we have enjoyed through fab and our lifestyle choices. However, we don't necessarily divulge a blow by blow account about any meet with any other party. Seldom do we disclose our more personal details with anyone from fab. To those whom we do, we entrust with the utmost discretion. Fingers crossed it never goes horribly wrong, whilst we are not ashamed of being swingers, we also live in the real world and ne'er the twain shall meet. Love N Lust xxxxxx"

Post new Message to Thread