FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

The big debate... body type or personality?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seen a few posts lately banging on about body types etc.

Everyone is different and no one has the right to pass judgement. Yip everyone have their own opinion on the matter.

Question being do you base your full meeting process just on looks/body types or on personalities?

For me its the person rather than looks. Its a bonus if they are wee hotties lol xx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Personality some of the nastiest folk on the planet are the hunks n honeys

By *ilbridekokMan
over a year ago

east kilbride

I, honestly, think, all, women, are, beautiful, no, matter, the, body, type, xx

over a year ago

"Personality some of the nastiest folk on the planet are the hunks n honeys "

Ffs kola we agree at last lol

over a year ago

"I, honestly, think, all, women, are, beautiful, no, matter, the, body, type, xx"

Aww your just lovely x

By *ilbridekokMan
over a year ago

east kilbride

"I, honestly, think, all, women, are, beautiful, no, matter, the, body, type, xx

Aww your just lovely x"

,,,,I, wish, lol, just, how, I've, always, felt, about, women, x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Personality some of the nastiest folk on the planet are the hunks n honeys

Ffs kola we agree at last lol"

pmsl like everything agree on some things others worlds apart

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Body type doesn't bother me. But if they are better looking than a goblin then it's a bonus

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Personality first but I do find I require a physical connection too. I'd sleep with an ugly but lovely man but not a gorgeous man who is a numpty

By *ilbridekokMan
over a year ago

east kilbride

Ugly, but, lovely? That's, me, x

over a year ago

"Body type doesn't bother me. But if they are better looking than a goblin then it's a bonus "

hahaha

Personality is key but there does have to be an physical attraction too

By *ckleticklesWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Amazing how some people grow infinitely more attractive as you get to know them, and vice versa.

By *ilbridekokMan
over a year ago

east kilbride

"Amazing how some people grow infinitely more attractive as you get to know them, and vice versa."
,,,,,,oh, that's, very, true, x, like, when, working, along, side, someone

over a year ago

"Amazing how some people grow infinitely more attractive as you get to know them, and vice versa."

So true

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

It's all about the chemistry ....even if someone's good looking the chemistry isn't always there.

So for me it's the chemistry whether that be physically or personality....it's normally has to be both....initially looks then moves onto personality and chemistry.

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

"Amazing how some people grow infinitely more attractive as you get to know them, and vice versa.

So true"

Agree too

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I think the first thing we all look for is an attraction then hopefully the chemistry blends it all together.

What everyone looks for differs from person to person.

When I first joined I definitely had a type now not so much so as I've grown to realise I'm attracted to many types.

I'm not sure what they type is but I just know if I'm going to like a person pretty quickly.

over a year ago

I agree wholeheartedly with N.M.D. Personality, especially wit and a brilliant sense of humour can have my underpants falling down in no time at all.

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"It's all about the chemistry ....even if someone's good looking the chemistry isn't always there.

So for me it's the chemistry whether that be physically or personality....it's normally has to be both....initially looks then moves onto personality and chemistry."

This for me

over a year ago

Well if the person was that ugly surely a trip to the pub would soon sort that out

By *oe bloggs69Man
over a year ago

fife

Def personality for me,can't be arsed with up their own ass prima donnas.one of the funniest ppl I've ever met is on here n I still giggle at her giant personality

over a year ago

I think both. I'm attracted to different people for different reasons.

Although I had a male fwb for a while and he was by far the best looking guy I've been with. The spark went very fast though-he had no personality and although he shagged like a stallion it didn't do much for me once I realised there was no other connection.

over a year ago

Initially on fab it's the chemistry of how they look and act towards me . If they can make me laugh and smile . Good looks of course matter but im also met up and chemistry has grown the more I get to know someone . It's also had the opposite effect though where I've really fancied someone and spent time with them to realise they're not as I thought and in fact even if they have good looks their personality is quite ugly . So for me it's attraction by their look firstly and personality next I'd have to say

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

They have that spark, the self confidence that gives off something that intrigues me....

I prefer artisitc creative types...

over a year ago

Personality

over a year ago

I wish it were just personality but body type is in there on an equal footing for me.

over a year ago

I'd most definitely say personality when you're actually in the same room with a person, but let's face it - on here, we're fried to be superficial and judge primarily on looks.

over a year ago

Personality is key for any encounter I do tend to find when people are egotistical the shitter the sex more funnier the better the sex hence the word chemistry not to the point of relationship or marriage material lol just don't want a boring fuck

over a year ago

I wouldn't really waste time chatting to someone I don't find attractive. Harsh, but true.

I have to click with their personality too tho to bump uglies..

over a year ago

Two words,

Susan Boyle lol

over a year ago

"I wish it were just personality but body type is in there on an equal footing for me. "

Aye well goaty, when you lower your standards and move on to chubsters im ready and waiting!!!!

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Personality some of the nastiest folk on the planet are the hunks n honeys "

over a year ago

"Two words,

Susan Boyle lol"

Puts three

over a year ago

Has to be an attraction for us, so looks first.

By *ustforalaugh1Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Initially on fab it's the chemistry of how they look and act towards me . If they can make me laugh and smile . Good looks of course matter but im also met up and chemistry has grown the more I get to know someone . It's also had the opposite effect though where I've really fancied someone and spent time with them to realise they're not as I thought and in fact even if they have good looks their personality is quite ugly . So for me it's attraction by their look firstly and personality next I'd have to say "

over a year ago

For me it's all about chemistry. However, personally, that doesn't have anything to do with height, weight or colour of eyes.

I believe you need to be able to look at someone and instinctively want to kiss them, otherwise it's a non starter.

It's personal.

That's why it takes all sorts to make the world go round x

over a year ago

I'm a shallow bitch and am afraid I go for looks, got to fancy the person first and foremost,though if they are as dull as dishwater whennive chatted to them then it will be a no go too

over a year ago

"Two words,

Susan Boyle lol

Puts three "

Since when has lol been a word???

over a year ago

You judge most on looks needs to be an

attraction there. Personality is important to. But when it comes down to sex . Its a fit body with good stamina and experience.

By *uster67uknMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Its funny how things change with a little maturity.

When I was younger it was all about the looks but after several failed relationship and the passing of a few years it has become all about personality.

Make em laugh and hope the damp patch isnt just pee lol

over a year ago

Absolutely spot on, 100%

over a year ago

No point in going for a nice package if what's inside is off.

over a year ago

Personally I tend to go for ladies who are interesting - the biggest sex organ is the mind, excite that and my body will follow every time.

S.

over a year ago

"For me it's all about chemistry. However, personally, that doesn't have anything to do with height, weight or colour of eyes.

I believe you need to be able to look at someone and instinctively want to kiss them, otherwise it's a non starter.

It's personal.

That's why it takes all sorts to make the world go round x"

This

over a year ago

Each to their own Turbo, allow me to think you're wrong, I regard the societal norm of body image as appalling and it creates its own health issues

As for your assertion, Dawn French please

over a year ago

"Each to their own Turbo, allow me to think you're wrong, I regard the societal norm of body image as appalling and it creates its own health issues

As for your assertion, Dawn French please "

That's why we are all different Mac

over a year ago

"Seen a few posts lately banging on about body types etc.

Everyone is different and no one has the right to pass judgement. Yip everyone have their own opinion on the matter.

Question being do you base your full meeting process just on looks/body types or on personalities?

For me its the person rather than looks. Its a bonus if they are wee hotties lol xx

has to be both; must be a "stunning body and a stunning mind", why settle for less!

okay you have two females both equal in personality but one is a Jennifer Aniston look alike, and the other is a Dawn French look alike, its a no brainer.

The majority of females on here are of larger size and you need to ask yourself the question "why is that"

is simple, all the pretty girls are snapped up and in happy relationships and lets face it, everyone wants a happy relationship, everyone wants to be part of a happy couple deeply in love.

Ladies; guys will tell you anything you want to hear to bed you, that's just how it is, we joke about it every day at work, you want to hear how thing girls do nothing for us, how they look like sticks and how we prefer the fatter more bubbly figure, how we prefer the personality inside before the shape and body size outside, sure, not a problem, now get your pants off your getting shagged, but just don't expect a ring on your finger or a long tern relationship because it aint going to happen.

How do you try and explain this?

ok; you go to your doctor/casualty with a bruised and broken arm; they aint going to tell you, aww it doesn't look that bad, carry on doing what you are doing and it will get better; NO, they are going to say, bloody heck you have been in the wars, but we will fix your arm for you

what we want at the doctors or casualty is the TRUTH; its what we expect;

So why here is it so wrong when the truth is spoken?

Everyone wants a stunning body, that is simply fact; some work much harder to achieve this than others, and others simply don't give a toss and unwrap the next mars bar or packet of crisps.

When you ask a question it can go two ways, it can be what you want to hear or it may not be what you want to hear, I suspect my answer is the latter.

Some guys will jump right in and defend the larger female with hope of bedding them or keeping in with them and if that's what the female wants to hear then fine; personally I think they need a good kick up the backside, some sense talked into them and then kicked back into a healthy shape.

Lets face it, your lovely fat covered heart will not beat for ever with all the excess load, the nurses on here will tell you that.

sorry but sometimes the truth hurts

and as for people that cover their faces in metal, piercings, rings etc, (like the girl in pulp fiction with all the metal on her face) don't worry that's just a phase you will grow out off. again its a thing I prefer not to see.

Good thing we are all different, some more truthful than others."

You forgot about something when you posted that.

Not every guy on here is an Adonis actually very few are so why should the women conform to 'Your Ideals'

Why is your statement only directed at women getting in shape. Why are you only concerned about the layer of fat round a woman's heart and not the guys?

And one last thing. I am happily married so I resent the fact that you think people are on here because they are single or not happy in their marriage. I actually have a very strong relationship with my husband and that is how we can trust each other to do what we want in life. We don't feel the need to stop each other having a little fun every once in a while because of jealousy.

You can't make an informed judgement on someone you don't know so don't bother.

over a year ago

15 year's and counting that's some phase but it's probably a good thing people with alterative look's repulse you turbo, as us type's prefer our men not to ware women's hosiery and have such a warped _iew on life and the human life that makes it. If we all looked the same the world would be very bland #EeffYourBeautyStandards,

over a year ago

Fab Fem, I am not going to copy the whole of the above because that just becomes tedious; the O/P asked for _iews and opinions and that's what she got, you are beginning to make this personal which it turn makes me think you have a "complex" about your weight that you are trying to defend yourself, you are right I don't know you and the only reason I am even replying to you is because you directed the above to me.

If you don't like my opinion then fine, as now ive read your comments, I have simply forgotten them as they mean nothing to me. again I was replying to the O/P and not worrying whether the reply suited Your needs. lol.

over a year ago

"15 year's and counting that's some phase but it's probably a good thing people with alterative look's repulse you turbo, as us type's prefer our men not to ware women's hosiery and have such a warped _iew on life and the human life that makes it. If we all looked the same the world would be very bland #EeffYourBeautyStandards, "

This...

over a year ago

All shapes and sizes are of equal merit as human beings...I see personality as the most important trait...we are not all the same...thank goodness...

over a year ago

"Seen a few posts lately banging on about body types etc.

has to be both; must be a "stunning body and a stunning mind", why settle for less!

okay you have two females both equal in personality but one is a Jennifer Aniston look alike, and the other is a Dawn French look alike, its a no brainer.

The majority of females on here are of larger size and you need to ask yourself the question "why is that"

is simple, all the pretty girls are snapped up and in happy relationships and lets face it, everyone wants a happy relationship, everyone wants to be part of a happy couple deeply in love.

Ladies; guys will tell you anything you want to hear to bed you, that's just how it is, we joke about it every day at work, you want to hear how thing girls do nothing for us, how they look like sticks and how we prefer the fatter more bubbly figure, how we prefer the personality inside before the shape and body size outside, sure, not a problem, now get your pants off your getting shagged, but just don't expect a ring on your finger or a long tern relationship because it aint going to happen.

How do you try and explain this?

ok; you go to your doctor/casualty with a bruised and broken arm; they aint going to tell you, aww it doesn't look that bad, carry on doing what you are doing and it will get better; NO, they are going to say, bloody heck you have been in the wars, but we will fix your arm for you

what we want at the doctors or casualty is the TRUTH; its what we expect;

So why here is it so wrong when the truth is spoken?

Everyone wants a stunning body, that is simply fact; some work much harder to achieve this than others, and others simply don't give a toss and unwrap the next mars bar or packet of crisps.

When you ask a question it can go two ways, it can be what you want to hear or it may not be what you want to hear, I suspect my answer is the latter.

Some guys will jump right in and defend the larger female with hope of bedding them or keeping in with them and if that's what the female wants to hear then fine; personally I think they need a good kick up the backside, some sense talked into them and then kicked back into a healthy shape.

Lets face it, your lovely fat covered heart will not beat for ever with all the excess load, the nurses on here will tell you that.

sorry but sometimes the truth hurts

and as for people that cover their faces in metal, piercings, rings etc, (like the girl in pulp fiction with all the metal on her face) don't worry that's just a phase you will grow out off. again its a thing I prefer not to see.

Good thing we are all different, some more truthful than others."

Maybe you are right. Maybe I'm divorced and single because I'm too fat to get a man for more than sex.

Maybe I don't work hard enough in the gym to mould my body to look like that of a celebrity.

Maybe I place more importantace on spending time with my 3 sons and forging a career.

Maybe your comment about my '3 tummies' stuck and left me horrified catching sight of myself in the mirror in the gym last night.

Maybe I've felt low for a few weeks and you helped make it worse.

However one thing I know for sure is that my son's will never speak to or judge people in the way you now seem to do continually. Are you proud of your attitude?

Respect goes a long way. I respect difference. Different ideals. Different opinions. And everyone is entitled to their own _iew. However no one ever has the right to make someone feel bad about themselves. Did it make you feel better to have a little rant?

I wowed I wouldn't come down to the level of someone who is clearly no more than a bully. Yet here I am. Feeling more insecure than ever. Granted not just down to your thoughtless comments, however they certainly didn't help.

Despite the extra 'layer of fat around my heart' it's still far bigger than yours ever will be.

I'm not attacking you here Turbo. I'm just trying to demonstrate cause and effect.

I hope that you are very happy with yourself in every way. I hope you never look in the mirror and dislike what you see. I hope you will never encounter anyone who manages to insult you without even knowing you.

over a year ago

"

I'm not attacking you here Turbo. I'm just trying to demonstrate cause and effect

"

again the reply was to the O/P, guess I do make myself an open target for speaking my mind, would you rather I be like others and lie to you?

the reply was to the O/P who asked for _iews

over a year ago

The majority would rather you stopped posting the the form's.

Take a vote?

over a year ago

Oh and as a FYI pink mist you're beautiful don't let robbin hood piss on your bonfire.

over a year ago

Cause and effect...

You open your mouth/type and those word never go back...they hurt...

See personality gives away the good from the bad...

It might be an opinion and given truthfully but it is not always shared...

over a year ago

"The majority would rather you stopped posting the the form's.

Take a vote? "

over a year ago

"Fab Fem, I am not going to copy the whole of the above because that just becomes tedious; the O/P asked for _iews and opinions and that's what she got, you are beginning to make this personal which it turn makes me think you have a "complex" about your weight that you are trying to defend yourself, you are right I don't know you and the only reason I am even replying to you is because you directed the above to me.

If you don't like my opinion then fine, as now ive read your comments, I have simply forgotten them as they mean nothing to me. again I was replying to the O/P and not worrying whether the reply suited Your needs. lol."

Yet again you have judged someone you don't know.

Don't psychoanalyse me. I have absolutely no issue with my weight at all and didn't take your issues with weight personally. I think that is obvious with the amount of full body photos I have on my profile that I am bet happy with my body. If I had an issue I wouldn't be baring all for the world to see. So do not presume.

I was simply asking why you are so concerned about women's hearts and health and not the mens. Try reading what people write.

Yes I took offence at your only ugly women are in here because the good looking ones are happily attached. You can actually be happily attached and on here you know.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

it's always best to speak for yourself, when 'most men/ladies on here' is brought up: it is often to reinforce an insult.

by both genders.

over a year ago

I didn't mean to press the embarrassed face at the end of my last post. I am in no way embarrassed

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

and the OP did ask for an opinion, yours not speaking on behalf of anyone else.

over a year ago

"Yes I took offence at your only ugly women are in here because the good looking ones are happily attached. You can actually be happily attached and on here you know. "

you need to be truthful in your replies now tell me where you saw the word "ugly" talk about fabrication

you word things to suit yourself and tell me where you picked up the word Ugly from lady.

over a year ago

"Yes I took offence at your only ugly women are in here because the good looking ones are happily attached. You can actually be happily attached and on here you know.

you need to be truthful in your replies now tell me where you saw the word "ugly" talk about fabrication

you word things to suit yourself and tell me where you picked up the word Ugly from lady."

I give up with you. You go through life insulting people. See how far it gets you

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/15 09:00:26]

over a year ago

"Yes I took offence at your only ugly women are in here because the good looking ones are happily attached. You can actually be happily attached and on here you know.

Is this what is meant by selective amnesia?

you word things to suit yourself and tell me where you picked up the word Ugly from lady.

I give up with you. You go through life insulting people. See how far it gets you "

over a year ago

Just in case anyone missed it...

I said is this what selective amnesia looks like...

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/03/15 09:16:28]

over a year ago

"

again the reply was to the O/P, guess I do make myself an open target for speaking my mind, would you rather I be like others and lie to you?

the reply was to the O/P who asked for _iews"

Beauty fades, stupid is forever......

over a year ago

"

the reply was to the O/P who asked for _iews

Beauty fades, stupid is forever......"

over a year ago

Yes I asked if you made your meeting process on looks or personalities but certainly didn't need you yet again becoming personal in your reply but hey seems you cant.

over a year ago

Pink I doubt my comment will contribute to this topic but I'm sure I met you at the social and I thought you were a bubble curvasious woman with lots to give we all have insecurities and talking from my own insecurities (as much as I have lol) i began not to care what people think I have a new saying now

"It's not about the how big of me

It's about the big of my heart"

We live be in a society where weight is frowned Apon and slim is sexy but....... All men love women all shapes and sizes don't ever let a man or female put you down you are perfect the way you and don't let anyone tell you any different

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Pink I doubt my comment will contribute to this topic but I'm sure I met you at the social and I thought you were a bubble curvasious woman with lots to give we all have insecurities and talking from my own insecurities (as much as I have lol) i began not to care what people think I have a new saying now

"It's not about the how big of me

It's about the big of my heart"

We live be in a society where weight is frowned Apon and slim is sexy but....... All men love women all shapes and sizes don't ever let a man or female put you down you are perfect the way you and don't let anyone tell you any different"

It's the ones with the ugly face and ugly personality I feel sorry for, it obviously makes them bitter and twisted

Oh and for the record i do very well in real life and I'm not on here because I can't find a man and "true love" I'm just choosing to live my life as it suits me

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

For us there has to be an attraction, in terms of looks and body type, as well as a nice personality.

The good thing about having swinging as a little add on to your sex life rather than being your sex life (if that makes sense lol) is that it allows you to wait until someone ticks ALL the boxes before meeting them. So far that has meant every meet has worked out well for us.

By *gowbhoy4funMan
over a year ago

glasgow

For me its about what kinda girl or couple they are firstly but obv there must be some sort of attraction or i dont imagine itd be much fun !!

over a year ago

As long as we Cater to each others kinks I'm not picky on anything else

Post new Message to Thread