Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

CANCELLED EDINBURGH SOCIAL 23RD MAY

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We are sorry to say the Edinburgh Social is cancelled for 23rd May. We're not too sure what's happened and we'll never name and shame but we want to ensure nobody goes to anymore expense than they've already gone to. We have found out there is no venue booked, however we are desparately trying to find another venue whether that be in Edinburgh or Glasgow or in between. If anyone can help we'd really appreciate it. We know all of you have gone to the expense of either babysitters, new frocks or hotels rooms or more so we want to do damage limitation as far as we can. Please look at the forum tomorrow and on Friday for an update. Very sorry to inform you of this and pleased be assured that other people have been very successful in organising and running the socials so don't let it put you off for the future. We are unsure what has happened to your money, but please mail us if you have sent money for this event so we have you on record and maybe able to help you at a later date.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

soz hear that gandl...thats bad xxx

over a year ago

Remember that many hotels have a cancellation policy, for instance Premier Inn is usually 1pm on the day of arrival. So, check your hotels policy and maybe dont cancel until last minute so if another venue is found then you still may have a hotel for it.

Steve

over a year ago

Can only say a big thank you in advance to all of you working away at damage limitation and hope something can be salvaged from all of this xxxxxx

By *r cassie4Couple
over a year ago

highlands

hi try the northumberland hotel,31-33 craigmiilar park edin 0131 668 3131,they got a function hall holds 150,cant think of anymore at moment xx

over a year ago

Vodka Revolution 30A Chambers Street, Edinburgh EH1 1HU don't know if this is much help but a social has been held here before xxxxx

By *egs4uWoman
over a year ago

somewhere around

still waiting to hear back from a couple of places not holding my breath tho

xxx

By *lay_N_cum2Couple
over a year ago

Somewhere in Scotland

hi guys

gone phone the mora n c wot we can do but canput on a buffet it will b a disco and it will b in fife watch this space xx

over a year ago

ty so much for letting us all know, i know you and a few others have been working hard all day to try and sort this and ty am sure everyone will agree, av got a cpl of numbers of places in glasgow i will try them on my lunch and let you know asap. have a good day peeps,keep smiling, xxxxx

over a year ago

if anyone gets a venue and they need a deposit paid, I am off and can drive and pay it ..

also, if yu can get a hall and mobile DJ set, we could do a BYO bar, we plastic glasses and bags of ice.. I AM VERY HAPPY TO MAN THE THE BAR.... well tend the bar lol .....

over a year ago

events over the last 24 hours had obviously meant there is no social.... there has been a team of people doing all they can to save this social event and would be nice to see people encouraging and helping the team of folks.......events were outwith the hands of anyone on fabs and fabs has NO responsibuility for this event.

over a year ago

Thanks for all the mail and messages on here.Today is a new day and we have a few places to call.Please keep looking at the Forum for updates.With regards to money we are trying to find a place that is happy just to take money for the drinks,proving a bit hard with the rugby on in Edinburgh and the cup final in Glasgow. If we cant find a venue would anyone be interested in a house party? Just a thought off the top of my head as we have a fair size garden but unsure of the weather . Watch this space

over a year ago

yup today is a new day so lets keep smiling !!!

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

ALL I CAN SAY IS THANKS TO THE PPL WHO ARE TRYING HARD TO KEEP THIS SOCIAL ALIVE .

GANDL LOVE THE HOUSE PARTY IDEA, I DID TRY A FEW VENUES LAST NITE WHEN I HEARD.

AS ITS MY BIRTHDAY AND WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.

WELL KEEP SMILING ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

over a year ago

happy to throw my house into the mix for party .....

over a year ago

thats really nice of u view.. x

PINKIES IN GLENROTHES, THIS IS WHERE THE FIE SOCIAL WAS IN FEB, HAS A FUNCTION SUIT FOR SAT NITE FREE, COST IS £150 FOR THE ROOM THIS INCLUDES THE DJ... AND ITS EXTRA IF WE WANT FOOD...??

over a year ago

Thanks for letting everyone know what is happening GandL if theres any running about tneeding done I'm off today and can do

Jim @ Zeta

xxx

By *TINGinurTAILMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

9.25 just been in touch with some 1 might have a venue in edinburgh, waitin on manager to call me back , he wont be in till 11-12ish , im workin @ 12 but i have a few numbers of ppl on the site that i will copntact to say yeh or nah asap. If we get the venue unfortunately there wont be any food available , i believe on speakin to foxi we have some 1 who was the dj for original social and kit . i will post any news asap fingeres crossed , if i have to pay a deposit i can do that and will then charge a £1 or £2 to recoupe my out lay

over a year ago

pinkies was a great venue ....

over a year ago

WELL DONE ...to everyone whos is trying to participate and resurrecting,the new venues and retrieving any costs which have been previously paid..

I play at various venues across Scotland, i will try few places aswell, if this helps,

Buboo ...x

over a year ago

How about if we get a venue with no food on, we could all bring a wee something each? just and idea? Im sure we could all manage to put on a buffet!!

over a year ago

That is a brill idea bunnibigboy xxx

over a year ago

Do we really need a buffet ?

over a year ago

I think venue is the most important the rest can follow. You can always get a kebab later lol.There is a person in edinburgh right now looking at venues so fingers crossed

By * pie4you xWoman
over a year ago

narnia x

HI GUYS IF A NEW VENUE IS FOUND WHO IS GOIN TO DECIDE WHO'S GOING AND WHO'S NOT

AFTER ALL THIS IS A FREE SITE AND THE VENUE CANNOT BE PUT IN AN OPEN FORUM WHERE ANYONE CAN SEE IT OR WHO KNOW WHAT MAY HAPPEN

By *holesCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

a couple of weeks ago i went to a bar called aspen in north bridge and spoke with the manager who said they cordon half the venue free of charge and can hold about 100 individuals, and they even have a buffet if more than 30 attend.

i urge whoever is taking charge now (i'm assuming gandl) to give them a call and see if they can be of any assistance.

over a year ago

no comment till i see my lawyer lol xx

over a year ago

Right with the help of lots of people we now have a new venue in Glagow, it has been used by us before and is very accomodating.

Please let me know who wants to come along.If we get enough people say about 100 then it is free.

Please mail me or post a note on forum as i dont want this to be a hashed together evening, afterall its just about fun.

over a year ago

left the room for a wee while....

I dont need to know the full story, none of my businesS. Just want to say ' please show kindness ', there will be reasons and there will be a solution..

without question, the person concerned should have asked for help way before now...

but public flaying's and lynching's dont help.....

MONIES HAVE BEEN OFFERED TO PAY FOR A VENUE .....

I WILL POST MY MOBILE NUMBER ON MY PROFILE IF NEEDED TO CONTACT REQUIRED FOR VENUE...

as dont think can post numbers on forum

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

over a year ago

GREAT NEWS MR G , WELL DONE X

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

WELL SAID VIEW !!!!!! AND ALSO I WAS ON THE LIST FOR THE SOCIAL HOPE THIS HELPS FOR THE NUMBERS XXXXXXXXX

over a year ago

put us down for 2 plzzz g and ty for the effort you have all put in

hedocpl xxxx

over a year ago

Thanks for all your hard work Lesley and Greg in arranging new venue.

Sorry we won't be able to make it.

Kay n Kenny xxx

over a year ago

count us in for new venue

over a year ago

yea garry i hear wat ur saying..we all have probs but never would i dream of bumping ppl unless it was over the head..fair enuff hes got prob but it should have been dealt way before now..thats all im gonna say cause yea i know ppl be like..stunna's been bit hard but yea thats me tc all xx

over a year ago

COUNT ME IN...... I WASNT GOING TO THE EDINBURGH ONE, I HAVE PAID NO MONEY HAPPY TO CONTRIBUTE.

By * pie4you xWoman
over a year ago

narnia x

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP POSTING VENUES WHEN WE ALL KNOW THE VENUE FOR A SOCIAL IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET FFS

over a year ago

Well said Garry !!! A little compassion goes a long way. I'm not condoning any wrong doing but hey.......ask yourselves...which of us hasnt been in a tight spot at sometime or other in our lives and while we may have had the foresight to deal with a bad situation differently....none of us are perfect....apart from Daniel Craig obviously........ xxx

By *andj65Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP POSTING VENUES WHEN WE ALL KNOW THE VENUE FOR A SOCIAL IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET FFS"

that's because they are stupid, dont ppl realize that ANYONE can join this site and read the forums, maybe next time just invite the press along why dot you!

over a year ago

im nearly perfect does that count?

over a year ago

who has named a venue ?

By * pie4you xWoman
over a year ago

narnia x

UR RITE FOXY WE DO ALL GET INTO TIGHT SPOTS

BUT I THINK THE DIFFERENCE HERE IS A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE PUT OUT A LOT OF MONEY

AND IT WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE COULD COME ON THE FORUM AND JUST EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENED

By * pie4you xWoman
over a year ago

narnia x

LOOK UP THE POSTS

THERE HAS BEEN A FEW VENUE'S MENTIONED IF THESE WERE AVAILABLE THEN HOW COULD WE THEN USE THEM

THEY COULD HAVE PM'D GANDL WITH THESE SUGESTIONS

over a year ago

Can understand what people r saying about mentioning venues however we will only mail people who want to attend the night where the venue is. With respect to buzz we have no idea what's happened however we did not want to let everyone down that had booked their places so have done our best with others' help to get a new venue with a dj for free if its well enough attended. Seem to have lost the original post for the social so don't know everyones names who wanted to go so pls mail or post on here or phone call us number is on our profile. In the meantime for those we know wanted to go we are now mailing out the details if you don't get an email let us know. regards gandl xx

over a year ago

THIS POST IS NOW CLOSED PLEASE USE THE NEW POST THANK YOU

over a year ago

We're still up for attending as have sitter still booked. If you need any help please ask.

And yes we did send money for the other social.

xx

Post new Message to Thread