Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Russian Webcam hackers

Jump to newest

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1 OP   Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Just been hearing on the radio that there are hackers hacking into Webcam all over the world and airing cams live on the Internet for the world to see.

Be weary folks you never know who's watching you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll become Ivana Bigun lol

By *woplustwocoupleCouple
over a year ago

Hawick

Its not sites that are being hacked its individual webcams. Keep your anti virus up to date and watch for your cam coming on all by itself.

over a year ago

"Its not sites that are being hacked its individual webcams. Keep your anti virus up to date and watch for your cam coming on all by itself."
I know that's why I put the post up because I know a lot of people go online from here to cam privately.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Its not sites that are being hacked its individual webcams. Keep your anti virus up to date and watch for your cam coming on all by itself."

Or for the techno phobes who wouldn't know if their cam was on get a bit of duck tape and cover the lense.

If you havent got any duck tape I can pop over and help you ease the worry about anyone seeing you on cam, I always have some duck tape, old rags etc in the boot if my car, the roll of carpet, bottle of chloroform and a shovel just in case.

Fly xxx.

over a year ago

The problem lies in the fact that these people never changed the default password ie admin

over a year ago

Wits the big deal? If it doesn't hurt any1 where's the damage? A wouldn't care if sum1 hacked ma webcam! It not like they can virtually rape any1

over a year ago

"The problem lies in the fact that these people never changed the default password ie admin "
yeah they are advising people to change passwords.

over a year ago

"Wits the big deal? If it doesn't hurt any1 where's the damage? A wouldn't care if sum1 hacked ma webcam! It not like they can virtually rape any1"
well I'm sure for many it would be a big deal

over a year ago

This is old news... Olds... first popped up about 2 years ago in the techy press then went mainstream a year or so ago... Does the Daily Record not have anything better to do than this..? Surely there are some blatantly wrong things in the world it can bluster against like the Daily Fail..???

And yeah, if you think you got issues, tape on the camera or uninstall your webcam drivers then update from the net - and watch your flash permissions.

over a year ago

It's got nothing to do with passwords unless the 'hackers' can see your keyboard and copy your movements. IT's far easier once they have access to your system to drop a keylogger in for a couple of days then they'll have all the sites and system resources you've used the passwords on. And if you're technophobic, get off the internet

over a year ago

Hope they do ours. Global screening if us hoovering, doing the dishes, shouting at the kids etc

B

over a year ago

"Wits the big deal? If it doesn't hurt any1 where's the damage? A wouldn't care if sum1 hacked ma webcam! It not like they can virtually rape any1"

Well I think it is a big deal my kids Skype with there dad on a daily basis they can hack in take child images although my children are fully clothed there faces are showing

over a year ago

You may not care but try considering the thougts and feelings of those you're skyping or whatever with, or don't they matter to you either?

By *ifes journeyCouple
over a year ago

scotland

It was actually ip cams not web cams. No need to change laptop passwords or swinging site passwords.

Ip cams are often used for security or baby monitors. They connect to your wifi network and people can go into the manufacturers web site, type in the ip of their camera and a username and password and then watch the cam from across the world.

Someone managed to run a script that basically scanned all ip addresses looking for the cameras. Once found the script identified the manufacture of the cam and then tried to log in with the default username and password. As many didn't ever change then there were thousands across the world found.

The site where they were re broadcast is off air now, it's not clear if the owners pulled it or was taken down. They did it to prove the dangers of default passwords etc.

So don't worry that someone from Russia has been watching you knock one off from your laptops webcam when you thought it was off

over a year ago

Ha...its the naughty Steppes for you Borris!

Sorry

over a year ago

"

Be weary folks you never know who's watching you. "

What if I want them to see?

Post new Message to Thread