Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Intelligence...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What is your understanding of what intelligence is?

Or what things do you see as a sign of intelligence?

Lx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not talking shit

over a year ago

"Not talking shit "

lol thats a good one!

Even thats subjective though. But I'm sure there are folk out there who talk complete and utter bollocks that makes sense to no one!

By *anjoPaterson1971Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

The ability to articulate thoughts and feelings coherently in a non confrontational/aggressive manner. Empathy towards ones fellow man and the ability to accept the opinions of other even though you may disagree with them. Also the ability to accept that you cant always be right about all things

over a year ago

"The ability to articulate thoughts and feelings coherently in a non confrontational/aggressive manner. Empathy towards ones fellow man and the ability to accept the opinions of other even though you may disagree with them. Also the ability to accept that you cant always be right about all things"

Self awareness, control and deliberation in actions are a few things I would class as signs of intelligence too. A good philosophy about life in general as well, to accept things as they are.

Lx

By *anjoPaterson1971Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

Self awareness, control and deliberation in actions are a few things I would class as signs of intelligence too. A good philosophy about life in general as well, to accept things as they are.

Lx"

Intelligence as well as stunning looks, my but you are the complete package!

over a year ago

Being able to see 2 sides of an argument

No right or wrong

X

over a year ago

"Being able to see 2 sides of an argument

No right or wrong

X"

over a year ago

"Intelligence as well as stunning looks, my but you are the complete package! "

Charmer

By *anjoPaterson1971Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Being able to see 2 sides of an argument

No right or wrong

X"

Totally agree but true impartiality is so hard to achieve at times!

over a year ago

I'm afraid I'm a black or white sorta chick

No grey area lol

Would love to be able to not feel the need to give my opinion sometimes lol

Should practice what I preach

over a year ago

Impartiality would be difficult but not impossible lol just like judgements, being biased against/for something is subtle when you try to be impartial. Self awareness is a key role.

I love this quote I noticed earlier -

'Opinions are like orgasms. Mines is more important and I dont care if you have one'

or something along those lines.

Hahaha

Not my attitude towards others' opinions but I like the cheekiness of it

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"The ability to articulate thoughts and feelings coherently in a non confrontational/aggressive manner. Empathy towards ones fellow man and the ability to accept the opinions of other even though you may disagree with them. Also the ability to accept that you cant always be right about all things"
spot on

By *anjoPaterson1971Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

The British philospher Paul Brunton once aid that "“Every discussion which is made from an egoistic standpoint is corrupted from the start and cannot yield an absolutely sure conclusion. The ego puts its own interest first and twists every argument, word, even fact to suit that interest.” So it could be argued that to be impartial one must also exercise humility and the self awareness that the OP referred to

over a year ago

Being able to hold a conversation for more than 5 minutes and staying on topic

over a year ago

this

over a year ago

"The ability to articulate thoughts and feelings coherently in a non confrontational/aggressive manner. Empathy towards ones fellow man and the ability to accept the opinions of other even though you may disagree with them. Also the ability to accept that you cant always be right about all things

Lx"

and this

over a year ago

"Impartiality would be difficult but not impossible lol just like judgements, being biased against/for something is subtle when you try to be impartial. Self awareness is a key role.

'Opinions are like orgasms. Mines is more important and I dont care if you have one'

Hahaha

"

haha that's a good one L !!

over a year ago

"Impartiality would be difficult but not impossible lol just like judgements, being biased against/for something is subtle when you try to be impartial. Self awareness is a key role.

Hahaha

haha that's a good one L !!

"

Its one to remember for sure lol

over a year ago

The ability to quickly divine abstract meaning into a metaphorical context...

By *lara_JamieCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Empathy.

over a year ago

"Not talking shit "

over a year ago

Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt......

over a year ago

"Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...... "

and that's the reason I haven't joined in this thread. I will head back to my fluff threads now

over a year ago

"Sometimes it's better to stay quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt......

and that's the reason I haven't joined in this thread. I will head back to my fluff threads now"

over a year ago

"What is your understanding of what intelligence is?

Lx"

Think intelligence is one thing & wisdom is another, corny quote but says it all...

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing you don't put it in a fruit salad.

Think you can have different kinds of intelligence too. I've met some super brainy people with so many initials after their name it's unreal, but in everyday life they are total space cadets & couldn't hold a normal conversation if they tried!

As long as someone is polite, respectful & considerate they are intelligent enough for me.

Dx

over a year ago

Lx

Think intelligence is one thing & wisdom is another, corny quote but says it all...

Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, intelligence is knowing you don't put it in a fruit salad.

Think you can have different kinds of intelligence too. I've met some super brainy people with so many initials after their name it's unreal, but in everyday life they are total space cadets & couldn't hold a normal conversation if they tried!

As long as someone is polite, respectful & considerate they are intelligent enough for me.

Dx"

Meant Wisdom is knowing you don't put it in a fruit salad!

Wisdom could also be reading what you've typed before you post it. Doh!!

Dx

By *oom For 1 MoreMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

Lx"

The ability to listen, process & understand in order to articulate a response which can be understood by any social group.

over a year ago

"Think intelligence is one thing & wisdom is another, corny quote but says it all...

Dx

Dx

"

Love that quote

X

over a year ago

"The ability to listen, process & understand in order to articulate a response which can be understood by any social group. "

over a year ago

Lx

Dx"

Absolutely!! Xx

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

There are different types of intelligence, IQ tests measure one kind but there is also emotional intelligence and the two are often not related.

over a year ago

"There are different types of intelligence, IQ tests measure one kind but there is also emotional intelligence and the two are often not related."

My boss used to tell me I had a lot of emotional intelligence. I always thought she meant I was nice but thick as dripping!!!!

over a year ago

Intelligence abounds. Judgement, however, can be considered to be in short supply.

over a year ago

"Intelligence abounds. Judgement, however, can be considered to be in short supply."

As is vimto!!!!! Fire some up here Mr G....

over a year ago

You could try substituting Irun bru

over a year ago

Lx

Dx

Dx

"

x

By *ootlover456Man
over a year ago

Paisley

intelligence is the ability to gather and use knowledge

wisdom is the ability to understand why

wisdom is often gained from experience. experience is often gained from a lack of wisdom

while it is possible to have both intelligence and wisdom. one will in almost all cases trump the other. one with be either highly intelligent or highly wise.

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

Oh dear, I am lost with the previous message - guess I am neither intelligent or wise!

By *lba couple1Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

If you no know right from wrong your there lol xxx

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

I know left from right - right and wrong can sometimes be more tricky!

over a year ago

Intelligence !! My we pup shows this in abundance and it always amazes me x

over a year ago

Intelligence some people try insult it

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I would rather have people think Im stupid and shock them than have people think Im smart and disappoint them

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I prefer life skills and common sense

over a year ago

"I prefer life skills and common sense "

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

For me thats more

Communication and diplomacy skills.

ie(bullshitting sycophant)

Post new Message to Thread