Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

name and shame page

Jump to newest

By *inasparkles OP   Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Really think there should be a name and shame open page where genuine fabbers can warn each others of dodgy profiles or Timewasters and the epic excuses to help each other out. Would this not dwindle the amount of fake profiles and Timewasters Down. Xxx

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

could start more fights and arguments tbh

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeah your probably right. But not if it was monitored. There must be a way to stop it in this day and age though x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I totally agree. Mind you they just start up under another profile name.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Glasgow

Yeah probably. I just think tight now is yhe worst iv seen since i originally joined 2 yrs ago x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think what people miss on this site ,it's a sex site not match.com , if your not mature enough for this ... 3 strike rule , any abusive comments ,not turning up ,basically wasting people's time. ...your out ....

Reply privately

By *s cynicalWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

People would abuse this, I was accused of being a time waster yesterday as I wouldn't agree to meet a guy who'd just joined 2 hours before

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Tinasparkles agreed to meet me then didn't turn up..... Not true but shows how easily it could be abused

Reply privately

By *0 Shades of RedCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

We have managed to hone our BS detector... We may have made mistakes and missed a couple of genuine people but have also saved ourselves from a higher number of time wasters ..

Don't think the time wasters give a flying f--k

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Really think there should be a name and shame open page where genuine fabbers can warn each others of dodgy profiles or Timewasters and the epic excuses to help each other out. Would this not dwindle the amount of fake profiles and Timewasters Down. Xxx"
your definitions can be entirely different from someone elses.ive been called a timewaster because I didn't want to meet a certain person.

Reply privately

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

A good idea, but 'naming and shaming' is against forum rules.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"People would abuse this, I was accused of being a time waster yesterday as I wouldn't agree to meet a guy who'd just joined 2 hours before"

It would just take 1 person who can't take a "no thank you" and taint your name for future meets.

You do have the option to report profiles as being a time waster under report profile.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

The sniping and gang mentality that rears it head at times would run amok with this.

There are usually 3 sides to issues on here.

Reply privately

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Tinasparkles agreed to meet me then didn't turn up..... Not true but shows how easily it could be abused "

Cutie abused my doughnuts! - not true either but I agree it's way to easy to abuse so just report to admin and let them deal with it.

Reply privately

By *ranitecityMan
over a year ago

ABERDEEN

Always people on here that think their in an "exclusive" club hmmm

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stop talking site so serious... not as if we are looking for a wife or husband; loosen up, catch the moment and go for it!

Reply privately

By *oom For 1 MoreMan
over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Really think there should be a name and shame open page where genuine fabbers can warn each others of dodgy profiles or Timewasters and the epic excuses to help each other out. Would this not dwindle the amount of fake profiles and Timewasters Down. Xxx"
Wouldnt womens intuition filter the idgits oot just saying.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah probably. I just think tight now is yhe worst iv seen since i originally joined 2 yrs ago x"

Ah, the old rose tinted spectacles _iew of the site.

Reboot your common sense glands, fix your mental filters first, then your site ones. Block those newbies, no public pics, not verified. Never arrange a meet where, if it goes Pete Tong, you can't bugger off down the pub with mates instead.

You'll find you have a much better time.

Reply privately

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

If you block all newbies how is anyone new supposed to join - surely that will just mean over time the membership will drop to zero

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think what people miss on this site ,it's a sex site not match.com , if your not mature enough for this ... 3 strike rule , any abusive comments ,not turning up ,basically wasting people's time. ...your out .... "

Yeah exactly it's not a dating site and I find the amount of men that put up fake profiles scary I had one the other day he was so thick he sent me different pictures of himself not realising his tattoos did not match yeah _inasparkles I agree name and shame so ladies if you want info on this fake idiot let me know lol x

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yeah this Is true x

Reply privately

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"Yeah probably. I just think tight now is yhe worst iv seen since i originally joined 2 yrs ago x"

I agree with your original comment and yes, it has got much worse second time round..

Reply privately

over a year ago

You will never stop the eejits and b.s folk IT the nature of the site.immaturity will always rear its ugly head on sex sites

Reply privately

By *adgeeMan
over a year ago

SW Scotland

There's nothing stopping you chatting privately with friends on your list and other site members regarding time-wasters eejits etc. it's against the rules to post on the forum

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Yeah probably. I just think tight now is yhe worst iv seen since i originally joined 2 yrs ago x

Reboot your common sense glands, fix your mental filters first, then your site ones. Block those newbies, no public pics, not verified.

You'll find you have a much better time. "

lol, you need to remember that everyone including yourself is a newbie at one time and everyone has different _iews of how things should be run, there is also "mob mentality" here with the "in crowd" thinking they own the forum, same old faces every time trying to lay down the law.

If you arrange a meet and they dont show up then you speak to them about it, fact is, if you are arranging a meet knowing very little about the person you are meeting and a no show happens, then perhaps it is for the better.

There are various ways of getting to know someone before an eventual meet which should be followed and if you rush in head first then a no show should be a fine escape as things could have went worse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe not a name and shame page, but why not a best / worst excuses page, where we can all have a laugh. And a button on profiles where people can click time waster, if this gets more than 10 hits from individual people, then the time wasters profile is flagged to moderators for scrutiny

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe not a name and shame page, but why not a best / worst excuses page, where we can all have a laugh. And a button on profiles where people can click time waster, if this gets more than 10 hits from individual people, then the time wasters profile is flagged to moderators for scrutiny "

So I could go on your profile and click the button 10 times now? Just for a laugh?

Think I'm starting to see a flaw in this plan.

Its about time people stopped blaming the site and took some responsibility for their own poor choices. And if you block newbies then it means you don't get messages from the idiots who create a profile while d*unk on a Friday night and delete it the next day. You're only classed as a newbie for a few days.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe not a name and shame page, but why not a best / worst excuses page, where we can all have a laugh. And a button on profiles where people can click time waster, if this gets more than 10 hits from individual people, then the time wasters profile is flagged to moderators for scrutiny

So I could go on your profile and click the button 10 times now? Just for a laugh?

Its about time people stopped blaming the site and took some responsibility for their own poor choices. And if you block newbies then it means you don't get messages from the idiots who create a profile while d*unk on a Friday night and delete it the next day. You're only classed as a newbie for a few days. "

no that's why I said individual people, so unless your saying you've got ten profiles ..... At which point I'm starting to see the OP's point

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Maybe not a name and shame page, but why not a best / worst excuses page, where we can all have a laugh. And a button on profiles where people can click time waster, if this gets more than 10 hits from individual people, then the time wasters profile is flagged to moderators for scrutiny

Its about time people stopped blaming the site and took some responsibility for their own poor choices. And if you block newbies then it means you don't get messages from the idiots who create a profile while d*unk on a Friday night and delete it the next day. You're only classed as a newbie for a few days. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/11/14 09:57:47]

Reply privately

By *ouise and jamieCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Why can't the site tag your IP address to you profile and when you create a second or third profile it places a warning on your profile for others to see saying something like may not be genuine or has multiple profiles,and display all the profiles linked to that IP.

I know some users have several profiles Like a couple having a joint one as well as indaviduals. But surely having a link to each displayed isn't a prob. But a faker having a warning and a dozen links to other other profiles will stand out and questions can be asked

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leave it to The Mods and keep your wits about you. In my humble opinion, name and shame threads get run by cliques and dont actually work in a fair and just way. They serve the interests of a narrow few...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Need to ask the question as a relative newbie...

How do you spot a timewaster or more importantly fake profile.

Reply privately

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Ip addys arnt static some new routers also modulate as you use them mobile devies whole new ball game chipaets from comps can run through random no generators admin do what they can with limited resources they main thing they can do is act when somwthing is reported

Reply privately