Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Forum fighting

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We're not prolific forum writers, but we do read most of the scottish forums. We're currently finding that the majority of the posts ends up in bickering and is starting to get unpleasant to read.

Simple solution I suppose is we stop reading them! But my question is why do people feel they have to take sides or verbally abuse someone who has posted before them?

Just read for instance the forum on spelling - I think that says it all!

I remember when the forums used to be for fun and information, it would be nice if it returned to that.

G

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *tryxxCouple
over a year ago

central

scared to answer this one in case i start a fight

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you see some true colours in the forum threads i must admitt.

over a year ago

Sometimes People find it easier to post a negative or harsh comment on a Forum where as in real Life Face to Face they wouldn't, it could also be jumping on the Band Wagon as well

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

if everybody agreed on the forums.what would the point be.that would be boring.theyre to get peoples opinions.not so we can all,pat each other on the back.and say how great we all are.sorry.

over a year ago

most p[osts now are put up maybe worded wrong but looking for fights always something negative in them bring back the fun ones xxx

over a year ago

I used to be happy frolicking through the forums, now though they have more than ever, bitching backbiting whinging and bullying.

Look at me threads with no desire for debate.

Posters who wish to treat each thread as their own, agree with everyone posting on it,,contradicting themselves with every word.

It is said you don't like what people say then avoid their posts......difficult when they take over every thread. How can you have debate and originality of thought if you have to agree or get flamed?

Guess this means I won't be posting much in future except good morning or goodnight.

over a year ago

shut up laine! i love your posts and have had some great laughs with u!!

some people develop a totally different personality online to make up for inadequences in their real personalities and really if they have nothin better to do with their time they more to be pitied than bitched at!

people are always goin to clash, its human nature but it takes a bigger person not to rise to it than it does to retaliate back and decend into clique chaos!

peace and love to all and remember, it takes 32 muscles to frown and only 4 to give someone the bird!! x

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

There is a lot of bitchy people about at the moment......but it comes from all sides even if at times people don't see themselves doing it.

If people annoy you with what they post then the best thing to do is to do what you would do in real life......ignore anyone who is peeing you off.

If people can't do that and respond in a nasty way , then they are likely to be the ones not being able to post.

I don't think anyone has said you have to agree with people if it is their thread but it has been said many times, if you don't like how someone posts, ignore it rather than wind yourself up to post an insult or snipe.

Others may not like how you post, is that a good enough reason for someone to be bitchy against you or your posts?

over a year ago

Mouth....shut

Thank you and goodnight. Xxxxxxxxxxxx

By *rTylerCouple
over a year ago

Angus

"Mouth....shut

Thank you and goodnight. Xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Afternoon MissyLaine

xxxx

over a year ago

its all fun and games til someone loses an eye!!!

a bit of banter is good fun but some take it so serious... that makes me laugh all the more

over a year ago

"Mouth....shut

Thank you and goodnight. Xxxxxxxxxxxx"

psssssssssst its afternoon!!!! xx

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

All internet debates, without exception, are entirely futile. There's no point debating anything online. You might as well hurl shoes in the air to knock clouds from the sky. The internet's perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain't one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional "live audience" quickly conspire to create a "perfect storm" of perpetual bickering.

Stumble in, take umbrage with someone, trade a few blows, and within about two or three exchanges, the subject itself goes out the window. Suddenly you're simply arguing about arguing. Eventually, one side gets bored, comes to its senses, or dies, and the row fizzles out: just another needless belch in the swirling online storm.

But not for long, because online quarrelling is also addictive, in precisely the same way Tetris is addictive. It appeals to the "lab rat" part of your brain; the annoying, irrepressible part that adores repetitive pointlessness and would gleefully make you pop bubblewrap till Doomsday if it ever got its way. An unfortunate few, hooked on the futile thrill of online debate, devote their lives to its cause. They roam the internet, actively seeking out viewpoints they disagree with, or squat on messageboards, whining, needling, sneering, over-analysing each new proclamation - joylessly fiddling, like unhappy gorillas doomed to pick lice from one another's fur for all eternity.

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

bugger thot this post was gonna be about scantily clad females from the forums mud wrestlin

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i love this thread,people getting thier opinions across,in an inteligent,calm,non bitchy,manner.treating other peoples opinions,with respect,whether they agree with those opinions,or not.everybody acting like grown ups.

plus all my favourite birds are on it.

By *rian4444Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

You are right about some threads that seem to collapse into bitchy stuff. However, a good number do not and offer an interesting range of views and insights - this one is done very well indeed !

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Have to agree about what gandl have said totaly seems ur damn if u d damned if u dont no matter what u say

but what has come across more to me is the indirect bulying that comes across in forums too u know like ppl commenting after u have posted and trying to make it look like they r only kidding with their lol at the end of comments

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"There is a lot of bitchy people about at the moment......but it comes from all sides even if at times people don't see themselves doing it.

If people annoy you with what they post then the best thing to do is to do what you would do in real life......ignore anyone who is peeing you off.

If people can't do that and respond in a nasty way , then they are likely to be the ones not being able to post.

I don't think anyone has said you have to agree with people if it is their thread but it has been said many times, if you don't like how someone posts, ignore it rather than wind yourself up to post an insult or snipe.

Others may not like how you post, is that a good enough reason for someone to be bitchy against you or your posts? "

PS I would just like to clarify.....when anyone is asked to ignore other peoples posts if they annoy you....it means what it says... don't read them and skim to the next one. But then I am guessing most people would be able to figure out what I meant.

By *omma46Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

i have been a site member for almost 2 yrs now, and the tide has definitely changed, people often come into pick petty arguments on here now, it should be a haven away from lifes crap, and it should not be brought into a chatroom, those with issues, should leave them out the room, if people offend you, block them, and leave it at that....

over a year ago

The forums are no better or no worse than the chatrooms.

You have the people who perceive themselves the golden people, the people who will m8, m8ty, hunni all of them to engrateate themselves to become gilded.

And then you have a few people who for some reason are on the periphery 'they prob pissed off one of the goldens'

And the baying wolves will belittle and ridicule them and the pack will follow with a multitude of lmao's, pmsl's, lol's.

And more will follow in whisper.

It's sadly the 'not so nice' characteristic of the human species.

but always balanced with the many great posts in the forum, the great nights in chat with quizzes crated by people whose sole intent is to make it fun.

it should always be about fun.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"There is a lot of bitchy people about at the moment......but it comes from all sides even if at times people don't see themselves doing it.

Others may not like how you post, is that a good enough reason for someone to be bitchy against you or your posts?

PS I would just like to clarify.....when anyone is asked to ignore other peoples posts if they annoy you....it means what it says... don't read them and skim to the next one. But then I am guessing most people would be able to figure out what I meant."

i think this needs further clarifiction.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Shut up you !!

over a year ago

well i dont post much now in scotland

forum cause some ppl talk pish an as

rugbycpl said if u dont like a post then

ignore thats wat i started 2 do an if i

pop into scots chat its for the whole

a 5..10mins..as its the same pish in

there also from the same ppl..so rather

be two face i leave that way i wont get

banned lol xxx

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Shut up you !! "

mmmmmmmm thanks rugby thats cleared it up.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for your thoughts. Now can we all be respectful in the next member that posts a forum please?? xx

over a year ago

ok gandl ill try lol xx

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"Thanks for your thoughts. Now can we all be respectful in the next member that posts a forum please?? xx"

Hope so makes it more fun.

By *ountrypairCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

this is a very good point lol blah di blah di blah blah blah lol

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"this is a very good point lol blah di blah di blah blah blah lol"

I concur etc etc etc

over a year ago

"this is a very good point lol blah di blah di blah blah blah lol

I concur etc etc etc"

and so forth....x

over a year ago

"We're not prolific forum writers, but we do read most of the scottish forums. We're currently finding that the majority of the posts ends up in bickering and is starting to get unpleasant to read.

G"

I could not agree more!! i was actually thinking of raising this point but knew it would end up with a quote along the lines of "If you dont like the fourm why bother" which i suppose would prove this point! lol

By *ensualfire88Man
over a year ago

Edinburgh

No it wouldnt!

Post new Message to Thread