FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Despite making advances on gender quality most women still leave it to the men to do the chatting up

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Despite making advances in gender equality a lot of women still leave it to us guys to do the chatting up. I know women who even if they fancied the pants off a guy would still never make the 1st move. Why is that? For shy guys like myself its really difficult to make the first move, add to that the pressure of coming put with a sentence which is funny/witty to grab her attention (because in that 1st min she will decide if she likes you or not) makes some guys chicken out rather than put themselves through that Cila Black blind date situation LOL. Your thoughts on this matter would be appreciated

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yip never asked a guy out in my life

Have I flirted with a guy to let him know I fancied him ... Of course

Auds

over a year ago

If I like I'll chat 1st.

Just be yourself & if they like you it will happen

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

If I like someones profile enough I wink them if they wink back i will then mail them and yes I have instigated many times before on here and yes I have suggested an initial hook up if ive liked them enough and would do so again.

Life's about making Your fantasies come true on here so YOU have to make them happen no expect every guy to fall over themselves to do it for you

over a year ago

For me it's shyness and a fear of rejection. I'm not all that confident so usually talk myself out of making a move.

over a year ago

Never chatted a woman up in my life - far too shy

over a year ago

Happy to start chatting first. Think its just an old fashion thing men should do the asking out. It is the fear of rejection. ??

over a year ago

I always make eye contact,then I will give the guy a smile to see if he is interested,

7 out of 10 Times the guy normally talks to me first,

But there have been a few times now the guy has walked away,

over a year ago

Every guy I have met so far has chatted me up but I have said Hi to guys I like the look of.

The last guy I said Hi to turned out to be a paranoid crazy man that kept going on asking why I wanted to say Hi and I must have an ulterior motive

over a year ago

never been shy at coming forward... lifes too short too be shy !!! go for it.

over a year ago

I've made the first move on every guy I've dated. I like to choose my prey... Hehe! And I'm a bit of a feminist. A girly one at that x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/10/14 13:41:00]

over a year ago

I usually leave it up to a guy to show interest in me before I do anything.

I have made the first move, initial contact etc before though with a few folk. Sometimes its worked out and sometimes not.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, as they say

Lx

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

I let thongs take a natural flow if its gonna happen it will

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

I think a lot more should be proactive and seek out people who take their fancy, it may take away some of the angst they feel towards guys/messages they receive

over a year ago

Hello, how you doing?

Say that out loud, then say it into the mirror.

Next time you see a girl that you like, just say hello, how you doing? If they're not interested, it's not a big deal life's to short to be feckin' shy.

Don't spend too much time thinking what others think of you.

Go on son, grow a pair.

over a year ago

I think my main problem is that I over think things,

over a year ago

Thanks for everyones feedback. It's nice to know that there are women out there willing to make the first move, or who are able to give the guy enough encouragement (smiles etc) to make the chatting up process less risky. So girls tell me this, what initial conversations have you had with a guy thats just chatted you up that make you want to see him again? Basically I'm trying to get my game-on (after being on the shelve for a while) and need to update my technique, all advice appreciated x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Thanks for everyones feedback. It's nice to know that there are women out there willing to make the first move, or who are able to give the guy enough encouragement (smiles etc) to make the chatting up process less risky. So girls tell me this, what initial conversations have you had with a guy thats just chatted you up that make you want to see him again? Basically I'm trying to get my game-on (after being on the shelve for a while) and need to update my technique, all advice appreciated x"
Humour for me goes a long way someone who makes me laugh will get my attention.

Im a massive flirt and i love nothing better than a good flirty conversation,nothing crude just a bit of a laugh that makes me think he would be fun to meet

over a year ago

It's nice to know I'm doing something right then, as that's usually the way I try to chat up a girl xx

over a year ago

If I waited to be asked etc..... I'd still be a virgin x

over a year ago

Never chatted up a guy & never will no matter how much i fancied them. Im a terrible flirt aswell so best i never try chatting guys up

over a year ago

I don't really make the first move. I flirt a bit in work but I always get a flashback to the worst knock back I've ever had and it usually puts me off actively seeking someone out.

over a year ago

I know what you mean...anyone who has suffered a really bad knockback in the past is less likely to try chatting up someone again. I really get pissed off with people who knockback someone ib a brutal manner totally destroying their self confidence. Its possible to knock someone back politely without doing that...its nice to be nice afterall. Make love not war LOL x

over a year ago

"I know what you mean...anyone who has suffered a really bad knockback in the past is less likely to try chatting up someone again. I really get pissed off with people who knockback someone ib a brutal manner totally destroying their self confidence. Its possible to knock someone back politely without doing that...its nice to be nice afterall. Make love not war LOL x"

I know how that feels, happened to me in the summer, and it's taken me till now really to realise that he is not worth it,

over a year ago

Some people are just shy thats all.

over a year ago

Im a nice guy who treats people with respect and kindness unless they do something that deserves me treating them differently. Its a shame more people didnt have my values.

Post new Message to Thread