FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

In matters of hornet nest stirring...........if you voted NO look away now.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well, well well. Did we really think that Davie boy loves us so much and didn't want us to tear a hole in his tight Eton arse? Or was he using political speak for, 'I just have came back from a visit to Shetland and I have noticed you have a lot more oil than first thought. Oh gosh I can't let them have this. All that oil to feed only 5 million as opposed to 65 million. They will be rich. We can't let this happen. Get me Max Clifford? He is in jail? I knew he get caught one day, he should have called himself Max Clitoris. Get me the next best spin doctor then and quick. Can't have these sheep-shagging, soap-dodging scumbags to rule the roost.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-29739085

Of course I am using creative (or non-creative, depends on your taste) license here to illustrate the traditional Conservative leanings that have never changed.

In a less serious note, do you think this is the first ever post to link from FAB to the BBC?

All we need now is for them to send one back........perhaps they have on reporting on Tommy Sheridan lol.

Tommy Sheridan Shagger, I salute you. Now that is how you use alteration. I would have listened in school more if they gave us sentences like that lol. 'Fuck, bang, squirt, slap, pinch.....that is called onomatopoeia children. Taximan, you have achieved your first A. Congratulations.'

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

BBC & SKY News are just as guilty & corrupt same with all the press and so many guilable NO voters believed every word they were told

one thing though, if you really want to insult someone you simply call them a "no voter"

By *i_garyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm finding it hard to decipher that post but I did check the link about the new oil field. To counter that thought I should point out (again) the following:

2012/13 - oil revenue

Scottish government prediction: £7.1 billion - £8.3 billion

Actual revenue: £4.1 billion (a fall of £1.5 billion from the previous year)

2014/15 - oil revenue (first six months of the year)

Revenue: £1.1 billion

I'd expect the 2nd half of 2014/15 to be even worse as the oil price has dropped drastically to $85.00.

Despite year on year falls the Scottish government have actually predicted pre-referendum that revenues will increase (!!) to £7 billion a year.

Utter fantasy.

The idea of basing a large part of our economy around oil income is ludicrous given such sharp declines in revenue. It may have been possible 30 years ago but those days are gone and we can't turn back the clock.

over a year ago

Don't agree that a large part was based on oil revenue. Was always put forward as a bonus. There's enough other industry from Tourism, creatives, renewables, whisky, finance etc to keep it going. Oil is useful no matter what the income; not essential though.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Why look away ?? Problem with yes voters .........alot seem to be convinced that no voters believed the hype

By *i_garyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"Don't agree that a large part was based on oil revenue. Was always put forward as a bonus. There's enough other industry from Tourism, creatives, renewables, whisky, finance etc to keep it going. Oil is useful no matter what the income; not essential though."

Can you give me a link to any financial model from the Scottish Government that referred to oil as a bonus and didn't take it into account in terms of being used for public spending?

over a year ago

"Can you give me a link to any financial model from the Scottish Government that referred to oil as a bonus and didn't take it into account in terms of being used for public spending?"

Go look for it yourself.

If others had done some homework instead of believing the Westminster liars we wouldn't be having to say I told you so as often.

By *i_garyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

"Can you give me a link to any financial model from the Scottish Government that referred to oil as a bonus and didn't take it into account in terms of being used for public spending?

Go look for it yourself.

If others had done some homework instead of believing the Westminster liars we wouldn't be having to say I told you so as often."

I've searched and can't find any, that's why I'm asking. Is is possible there are none and that's why no one is providing a link?

By *i_garyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

Also, people are talking about Westminser liars, the figures given are far closer to those given by Westminster than the SNP. It actually looks as though the Westminster figures were too high as well (which kinda goes against most claims about them under-estimating the figures), but it was the SNP who have been shown to be liars to the tune of billions of pounds. That isn't even up for dispute anymore.

I'm happy for others to bring some figures to the table to discuss the issue but all I see is the referendum rhetoric that people have had drilled into them.

over a year ago

"Don't agree that a large part was based on oil revenue. Was always put forward as a bonus. There's enough other industry from Tourism, creatives, renewables, whisky, finance etc to keep it going. Oil is useful no matter what the income; not essential though.

Can you give me a link to any financial model from the Scottish Government that referred to oil as a bonus and didn't take it into account in terms of being used for public spending?"

I never said it wasn't used as income in any financial model. But it was well discussed as a bonus. Take it out the model you clearly have seen and things are still healthy.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-23389830

10 paras down.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Why look away ?? Problem with yes voters .........alot seem to be convinced that no voters believed the hype "

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

And the way the SNP are continuing to run headlong down the 'green' road with more and more of our beautiful countryside being covered in totally unproductive and inefficient wind turbines, the amount generated by tourism could well decline too!

By *i_garyMan
over a year ago

glasgow

It looks as though Salmond is trying to be a bit fly with his wording there by comparing it to economic output of the UK rather than what our actual expenditure would be.

I've managed to find some figures in the SNP's own white paper and unsurprisingly they have taken it into account in their income and expenditure calculations. So clearly not a 'bonus'

Even using the SNP's own figures, which will obviously be skewed to be as favourable as possible, they still have us running at a deficit of between £2.7 and £5.0 billion a year.

And that is based on the fantasy claim that oil revenues will be between £6.8 and £7.9 billion per year.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

It looks as if even more YESsers are coming down with dermatillomania.

over a year ago

"And the way the SNP are continuing to run headlong down the 'green' road with more and more of our beautiful countryside being covered in totally unproductive and inefficient wind turbines, the amount generated by tourism could well decline too! "

Tourism is on the up. More visitors this year than since 2008. (Until a month ago I worked in the industry so know this first hand). Of course it 'could' decline. Similarly it 'could' continue to thrive as it is now. Most countries accept change and wind farms, love or loath them, are part of it. Personally I think they're quite graceful. Would like to see more of them put into the sea however, like Netherlands.

They're like mobile masts. No one wants them on their door either but are first to complain when there's no reception.

over a year ago

"And the way the SNP are continuing to run headlong down the 'green' road with more and more of our beautiful countryside being covered in totally unproductive and inefficient wind turbines, the amount generated by tourism could well decline too! "

Yep, they great big power stations that spew out christ knows what into the atmosphere are so unobtrusive. Hardly notice them at all. Let's build more. The tourists might pay to visit them.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"And the way the SNP are continuing to run headlong down the 'green' road with more and more of our beautiful countryside being covered in totally unproductive and inefficient wind turbines, the amount generated by tourism could well decline too!

Tourism is on the up. More visitors this year than since 2008. (Until a month ago I worked in the industry so know this first hand). Of course it 'could' decline. Similarly it 'could' continue to thrive as it is now. Most countries accept change and wind farms, love or loath them, are part of it. Personally I think they're quite graceful. Would like to see more of them put into the sea however, like Netherlands.

They're like mobile masts. No one wants them on their door either but are first to complain when there's no reception. "

Has anyone done sums re how much tourism money actually stays in Scotland?

Does the profit from a big golf tournament at Turnberry count as 'Scottish' or is it Donald Trump's?

Equally does the profit from Ardbeg or Glenmorangie count as Scottish or Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey?

over a year ago

"And the way the SNP are continuing to run headlong down the 'green' road with more and more of our beautiful countryside being covered in totally unproductive and inefficient wind turbines, the amount generated by tourism could well decline too!

They're like mobile masts. No one wants them on their door either but are first to complain when there's no reception.

Has anyone done sums re how much tourism money actually stays in Scotland?

Does the profit from a big golf tournament at Turnberry count as 'Scottish' or is it Donald Trump's?

Equally does the profit from Ardbeg or Glenmorangie count as Scottish or Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey?"

Good point, but the spin offs can be valuable too - hotel rooms, taxis, restaurant trade etc. How much money ever stays local in this globalised economy? No idea, but free trade is great for Scotland

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

How much from the room rate in a Hilton stays in Scotland?

Or the share of a meal in Jamie Olivers?

And how many of the staff are Scottish and on more than National Minimum Wage?

over a year ago

"How much from the room rate in a Hilton stays in Scotland?

Or the share of a meal in Jamie Olivers?

And how many of the staff are Scottish and on more than National Minimum Wage?"

Not much, but who cares? Most of it goes here, or to London - by that I dont mean Westminster, I just mean that its the economic powerhouse of these parts. We're in hock to China anyhoo...

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" .........wind farms, love or loath them, are part of it. Personally I think they're quite graceful."

Sorry, but this made me laugh! Wind turbines graceful??

By *rebor601cplCouple
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Don't agree that a large part was based on oil revenue. Was always put forward as a bonus. There's enough other industry from Tourism, creatives, renewables, whisky, finance etc to keep it going. Oil is useful no matter what the income; not essential though."

By *rsKandMrJCouple
over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire ish

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Channel 5 now. Cruachan hydro electric scheme.

over a year ago

" .........wind farms, love or loath them, are part of it. Personally I think they're quite graceful.

Sorry, but this made me laugh! Wind turbines graceful?? "

You're welcome. No need to apologise. But yes, I find them aesthetic.

You'll probably love the concrete sheen of a nuclear power station though right?

over a year ago

"BBC & SKY News are just as guilty & corrupt same with all the press and so many guilable NO voters believed every word they were told

one thing though, if you really want to insult someone you simply call them a "no voter""

lol

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

Another Scottish aim is to become 100% reliant on renewables - hang on how does that square with sucking the last drop of oil out the North Sea and burning it?

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Salmond is now threatening to stand for Westminster.

over a year ago

no voters = wow the status quo is just so good, it does not get any better than this ha ha

over a year ago

I don't need to look away. The SNP were going to base between 16 and 20 % of the Scottish economy on oil.

That was based on oil being 113 dollars a barrel it is now 85 dollars.

What people have not looked at is at what price does the oil price have to fall to still break even for the Scottish economy.

The American fracking has driven down the price so they have started a export drive.

OPEC are happy for the price to fall as they think it will make fracking un economic.

So what is the lowest price that investment will continue in the north sea.

Please note that one of the American companies is attempting to sell it's north sea assets and it's Egytian assets to concentrate on it's fracking market.

So there might be loads of oil but is the price right !!!

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" .........wind farms, love or loath them, are part of it. Personally I think they're quite graceful.

Sorry, but this made me laugh! Wind turbines graceful??

You're welcome. No need to apologise. But yes, I find them aesthetic.

You'll probably love the concrete sheen of a nuclear power station though right? "

And why would you jump to that conclusion? One thing for definite though, a power station produces POWER!

over a year ago

"Salmond is now threatening to stand for Westminster."

Don't tell me you're surprised by that Onny, I figured that one out about 5 mins after he announced his resignation as leader of the SNP.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Salmond is now threatening to stand for Westminster.

Don't tell me you're surprised by that Onny, I figured that one out about 5 mins after he announced his resignation as leader of the SNP."

I'm surprised he admitted it on the BBC, regarded by Nats as official broadcasters to Satan.

By *yrshiremischiefMan
over a year ago

Kilmarnock

"Salmond is now threatening to stand for Westminster."

Hardly a threat - any suggestions as to more productive recent Scottish exports - Keir Hardie doesn't count.

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

Him sitting as an MP again was always the likely thing to happen.

It takes away any temptation for him to interfere with the new leadership.

Also with the chance of the SNP taking the majority of seats in Scotland during the Westminster elections it may be likely he takes over the leadership of the members in Westminster.

over a year ago

"I don't need to look away. The SNP were going to base between 16 and 20 % of the Scottish economy on oil.

That was based on oil being 113 dollars a barrel it is now 85 dollars.

What people have not looked at is at what price does the oil price have to fall to still break even for the Scottish economy.

The American fracking has driven down the price so they have started a export drive.

So what is the lowest price that investment will continue in the north sea.

Please note that one of the American companies is attempting to sell it's north sea assets and it's Egytian assets to concentrate on it's fracking market.

So there might be loads of oil but is the price right !!!"

Seems some have a very short memory; i.e. the comment above.

$85 is an excellent price for oil and it lowers price at the pumps, remember many platforms cost for recovery is $4 a barrel, now you do the maths.

In 1999 the price of oil was $12 a barrel and still the platforms were producing, yes new exploration was cut back and yes oil companies main concern is share holders but $85 is a long way off an issue.

As for American Fracking & export, you will not see that in the UK for another 5 - 6 years minimum, possibly a decade and once the UK has the facilities to dock, unload & process it will still not be the answer.

Now answer this; what American company are we taking about here? I take it you have been reading and believing what you read in the press lol, but then, you are a no voter so that is understandable.

You really think Apache after spending billions on the forties including putting in a further platform hub that they are going to pull out of the north sea:- bullshit.

Before you start spouting off about Oil & Gas, North sea and Oil & Gas companies you need to know what you are talking about, not just read an article in local news

shame on you.

over a year ago

"Him sitting as an MP again was always the likely thing to happen.

Also with the chance of the SNP taking the majority of seats in Scotland during the Westminster elections it may be likely he takes over the leadership of the members in Westminster."

Alex Salmond done very well on question time last night and he got an excellent reception from Liverpool, he is very well educated and down to earth and the Liverpool audience saw that. Salmond has done more for Scotland than anyone else living today.

Shame on all no voters for passing away the chance of a lifetime to bring prosperity to Scotland.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm more than a little flabbergasted,

By the yes voters total lack of respect for the democratic process.

Some of them seem to have cast their votes on the basis,

they own a kilt,eat shortbread,and are proud owners of a braveheart dvd.

Whilst party leader of the SNP,then first minister,

Alex Salmond was without doubt,the most capable,articulate,charismatic, party leader in British politics,

And yet,even with all of those attributes,

he could not answer any of the key questions required,to ensure an independent Scotland a better,more prosperous future.

Even with all of his attributes,

his vision of an independent Scotland was at best vague,

cloaked in speculation,ambiguity,and uncertainty.

With so many questions left unanswered,

I have no doubt,my no vote was, best for Scotland.

Owning a kilt,some shortbread,and a braveheart dvd,

just ain't gonna cut it,

in the big real world.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Him sitting as an MP again was always the likely thing to happen.

Also with the chance of the SNP taking the majority of seats in Scotland during the Westminster elections it may be likely he takes over the leadership of the members in Westminster.

Alex Salmond done very well on question time last night and he got an excellent reception from Liverpool, he is very well educated and down to earth and the Liverpool audience saw that. Salmond has done more for Scotland than anyone else living today.

Shame on all no voters for passing away the chance of a lifetime to bring prosperity to Scotland."

jesus christ do the self serving yes voters never get over themselves shame on you trying to shame folk for theor political _iew is slightly more apt I think as for mr salmond he is and was a very strong personality and believes wholeheartedly in what he says I wish him well whatever he decides to do

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" Shame on all no voters for passing away the chance of a lifetime to bring prosperity to Scotland."

When are aggressive and arrogant YES voters going to wake up to the simple fact: AS failed miserably to show where all this supposedly wonderful prosperity was going to come from!

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I'm more than a little flabbergasted,

Alex Salmond was without doubt,the most capable,articulate,charismatic, party leader in British politics,

he could not answer any of the key questions required,to ensure an independent Scotland a better,more prosperous future.

just ain't gonna cut it,

in the big real world. "

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

"I'm more than a little flabbergasted,

just ain't gonna cut it,

in the big real world.

"

Well to counter this, some people voted no because they thought they might have to start paying to watch eastenders. Some also voted no because they were scared the flag they use in football matches might be no longer.

Whether you voted yes or no, there were numpties on both sides.

In regards to AS not answering questions, this was due to him not being able to answer a lot of those questions. As its impossible. During no election is there any party saying this is exactly what will happen. Even the Better Together campaign had no answers about the future of Scotland if it remained part of the UK. Just before the election they said we would get more powers, but they refused to say what those powers would be, and its going to take 2-3 months roughly from the time they said that promise to us getting hint of what they will be. And then it wont kick in for another few months after that.

over a year ago

The Price of oil at the turn of the century dropped below $10.

I work in the oil industry since the eighties and remember well the "$10 Dollar a barrel challenge".

They talked about decommissioning older rigs then. That still make a profit now!

over a year ago

" Shame on all no voters for passing away the chance of a lifetime to bring prosperity to Scotland.

When are aggressive and arrogant YES voters going to wake up to the simple fact: AS failed miserably to show where all this supposedly wonderful prosperity was going to come from! "

They will still be carrying on in 48 years time just like the english winning the world cup in 66. I swear I will never ever complain again how the english still go on and on about 66 after listening to the yes camp!!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's the problem. Eck couldn't answer the hard questions (currency, EU membership, Trident etc) but insisted that what he said would happen WOULD HAPPEN.

He couldn't possibly know he could keep those promises.

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

"That's the problem. Eck couldn't answer the hard questions (currency, EU membership, Trident etc) but insisted that what he said would happen WOULD HAPPEN.

He couldn't possibly know he could keep those promises."

Currency = Pound in a currency union.

EU = Was never a doubt, the timing was the only debate.

Trident = Was going to be removed

Thats what the Yes camp said, so I dont see how you can say those answers werent given.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"That's the problem. Eck couldn't answer the hard questions (currency, EU membership, Trident etc) but insisted that what he said would happen WOULD HAPPEN.

Thats what the Yes camp said, so I dont see how you can say those answers werent given.

"

He could SAY all those things till the cows came home - he couldn't possibly know he could keep those promises and consequently people didn't trust him.

By *nvercoupleCouple
over a year ago

Inverness

He could SAY all those things till the cows came home - he couldn't possibly know he could keep those promises and consequently people didn't trust him."

Common sense said the currency union would happen, the rest of the UK would of lost 100's of millions if not. Members of Westminster also agreed a currency union was the most likely thing to happen. Darling said that himself half way through the campaign but backtracked because it would lose him votes.

The EU themselves said Scotland would be welcomed back into the EU. Timing was the only subject for debate.

Trident was always going to be removed.

I dont see where any confusion can come from any of those answers.

over a year ago

Stop trying to justify yourselves, you won the vote now live with the consequences and shame.

over a year ago

You youngsters listen to the yes camp and that is what a broken record sounds like!!!

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Stop trying to justify yourselves, you won the vote now live with the consequences and shame."

I've no shame whatsoever

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

He could SAY all those things till the cows came home - he couldn't possibly know he could keep those promises and consequently people didn't trust him.

Common sense said the currency union would happen, the rest of the UK would of lost 100's of millions if not. Members of Westminster also agreed a currency union was the most likely thing to happen. Darling said that himself half way through the campaign but backtracked because it would lose him votes.

The EU themselves said Scotland would be welcomed back into the EU. Timing was the only subject for debate.

Trident was always going to be removed.

I dont see where any confusion can come from any of those answers."

I see Eck's bad habits are rubbing off on you. You're making claims and insisting they're facts.

They may or not be true but Eck was in no position to promise they'd come to pass and people rightly sent him homeward to think again.

Mind you, Moira doesn't want him under her feet either.

over a year ago

Total no voter...and never going to be ashamed of it... It was my choice. A lot of yes voters seem to think we are all silly... Oil according to the Scottish government (snp) was only going to be 15% of our annual budget so where was rest of money coming from..

a lot of yes voters are bitter... U asked for a referendum. U got one. U asked for the Scottish people to choose. Independence or stay in uk. The people of Scotland voted democratically and the result was the majority voted no... Why cant people get over it and move on

think if you have a close look the uk government is keeping to the time table promised for more powers.

over a year ago

we voted yes and have accepted the result,all those who voted yes or no should now come together and make sure we get the powers we were promised,i also look forward to the general election to see what impact the referendum has had for labour and libdems for siding with the tories,also no voters voted for what they think was right in their eyes and there is no shame in that its called democracy .

over a year ago

While we all still debate Yes or No... we have the answer!

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Dumfries man's book who ignored referendum, invested in metal detector... and found 1.5m gold... now what the he'll will he care now.

We should all move forward, focus on our families, future, fortune and fab... politics will kill some but heartbeat and blood pressure more important.

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"we voted yes and have accepted the result,all those who voted yes or no should now come together and make sure we get the powers we were promised,i also look forward to the general election to see what impact the referendum has had for labour and libdems for siding with the tories,also no voters voted for what they think was right in their eyes and there is no shame in that its called democracy ."

At last. Excellent post. Thank you.

over a year ago

Sorry Smudge; I will continue to fight for Independence like many other YES voters, you will still see the yes sticker on the car, and at home and every SNP meeting will continue to encourage independence for Scotland

I cannot believe that many cannot see this NO vote win was a tool for Westminster to grant much more powers to England and starve Scotland or its promises.

Open your eyes

By *rjandmrskCouple
over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire

another Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Sorry Smudge; I will continue to fight for Independence like many other YES voters, you will still see the yes sticker on the car, and at home and every SNP meeting will continue to encourage independence for Scotland

I cannot believe that many cannot see this NO vote win was a tool for Westminster to grant much more powers to England and starve Scotland or its promises.

Open your eyes

."

getting very boring.

over a year ago

"Sorry Smudge; I will continue to fight for Independence like many other YES voters, you will still see the yes sticker on the car, and at home and every SNP meeting will continue to encourage independence for Scotland

Open your eyes

getting very boring."

Scotland as a victim nation is growing tiresome

over a year ago

For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

over a year ago

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,"

But a nation people love and feel passionately about, failing to gain it's independence and become a country. Is that something minor that people should just get over as you put it?

Suppose it's not a big issue for some people.

over a year ago

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,"

have said before on this tread we voted yes and have accepted result but i think ppl need to realise this isnt going to go away, although we did lose 1,6million ppl voted yes and i dont think we will just give up because of one defeat,me personally would never slag or insult anyone for voting no ,while some ppl find this boring i love it and would rather debate about something that affects us all .

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I can't but feel that had Yes won by a margin of 1 vote, we'd be being told this was 'the settled will of the Scottish people" and that No voters should shut up, put up with it or emigrate.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

[Removed by poster at 26/10/14 00:30:31]

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

have said before on this tread we voted yes and have accepted result but i think ppl need to realise this isnt going to go away, although we did lose 1,6million ppl voted yes and i don't think we will just give up because of one defeat,me personally would never slag or insult anyone for voting no ,while some ppl find this boring i love it and would rather debate about something that affects us all ."

ditto from the other side of the fence

By *ife in furCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Never going away time to get rid of the red Tories, the rats deserting the ship now.

over a year ago

"Never going away time to get rid of the red Tories, the rats deserting the ship now."

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ..... the rats deserting the ship now."

D'ye mean like Salmond standing down after being defeated in the Referendum?

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

But a nation people love and feel passionately about, failing to gain it's independence and become a country. Is that something minor that people should just get over as you put it?

"

Is this kind of Scotland we would have become,Had the yes vote won.

No respect for democracy.

Intolerant of any opposing opinion

Incapable of showing even the slightest glimpse of dignity

Casting doubt,and aspersion,on anyone not towing the party line.

It's quite scary to think,how close they came ,to governing the country i love.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

"

It was obvious from their behaviour BEFORE the vote that this is how they'd behave AFTER the vote.

I'd go so far as to say its one of the main reasons they lost.

over a year ago

see thats the point YOU think its all over, YES voters are gathering momentum all around Scotland, whilst no voters hang up their hats, think its all over and go back to there dull lives

this is far from over, ask any YES voter

We have Pride in the Scotland that YOU no voters submissivly handed over to Westminster.

You should read the Declaration of Arbroath sometime and remember there are 1.6 Million of us rather than 100.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" ................while some ppl find this boring i love it and would rather debate about something that affects us all ."

I don't have a problem with good debate, what is getting boring is the continual arrogance, aggression, abuse, since before the referendum, from the YES camp. To the extent that several characters got themselves banned from here!

over a year ago

" ................while some ppl find this boring i love it and would rather debate about something that affects us all .

I don't have a problem with good debate, what is getting boring is the continual arrogance, aggression, abuse, since before the referendum, from the YES camp. To the extent that several characters got themselves banned from here! "

Yes I have had a few emails regarding this. It seems if you are a yes voter and don't agree with the clique, you get banned.

But then you read people being insulted for voting yes, this seems more acceptable tho.

Im waiting for my ban, mind you I won't lose any sleep and just use the site what it's actually for, swinging.

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"see thats the point YOU think its all over, YES voters are gathering momentum all around Scotland, whilst no voters hang up their hats, think its all over and go back to there dull lives

We have Pride in the Scotland that YOU no voters submissivly handed over to Westminster.

You should read the Declaration of Arbroath sometime and remember there are 1.6 Million of us rather than 100."

Presumptious and insulting all in a few lines. This kind of post is the reason why this is not a debate.

As a no voter (and bloody proud of my decision) I am eager to see our country (that would be UK) prosper. I am hopeful that the Independence Referendum will show the rest if the UK the importance of the democratic process making them get off their lazy arses and vote for a party that will move this country into prosperity.

I am eager to see what devolved powers can be given to Scotland - so that local policy can have a true impact on local issues.

I didn't submissively do anything - we were already part of the UK. I did make a conscious decision on the future of my country.

As for a dull life - far from it, after all we work hard and play even harder.

I will continue to hope for a better future for my country.

I will not insult someone because their _iew is different from mine and wouldn't expect to be treated any differently.

Shy

over a year ago

"see thats the point YOU think its all over, YES voters are gathering momentum all around Scotland, whilst no voters hang up their hats, think its all over and go back to there dull lives

You should read the Declaration of Arbroath sometime and remember there are 1.6 Million of us rather than 100.

Presumptious and insulting all in a few lines. This kind of post is the reason why this is not a debate.

As a no voter (and bloody proud of my decision) I am eager to see our country (that would be UK) prosper. I am iiihopeful that the Independence Referendum will show the rest if the UK the importance of the democratic process making them get off their lazy arses and vote for a party that will move this country into prosperity.

I am eager to see what devolved powers can be given to Scotland - so that local policy can have a true impact on local issues.

I didn't submissively do anything - we were already part of the UK. I did make a conscious decision on the future of my country.

As for a dull life - far from it, after all we work hard and play even harder.

I will continue to hope for a better future for my country.

I will not insult someone because their _iew is different from mine and wouldn't expect to be treated any differently.

Shy"

very well said and totally agree its time to come together and try make our country a better place for all of us .

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Referendum will show the rest if the UK the importance of the democratic process making them get off their lazy arses and vote for a party that will move this country into prosperity.agree with all the rest of the post but this part I feel is wrong some who choose not to vote do so to show their belief that they believe in none of the politicians and have zero faith in any

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Referendum will show the rest if the UK the importance of the democratic process making them get off their lazy arses and vote for a party that will move this country into prosperity.agree with all the rest of the post but this part I feel is wrong some who choose not to vote do so to show their belief that they believe in none of the politicians and have zero faith in any"

I think some is the operative word though. It is not a reason you hear often for not voting.

Shy x

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Yes I would agree I only brought it up as get off ttheir lazy asses infers anyone who dosnt votes just sits on their lazy ass lol

over a year ago

Glasgow

"Yes I would agree I only brought it up as get off ttheir lazy asses infers anyone who dosnt votes just sits on their lazy ass lol "

Sorry - I was caught up in a rant

over a year ago

kola i have read a lot of your posts and u do speak a lot of sense ,the referendum is gone now and its time we all got together to fight for a fairer scotland against poverty, austerity and to look after the older generation and help the younger ppl find work ,to me this is the way forward with all of us working together

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"kola i have read a lot of your posts and u do speak a lot of sense ,the referendum is gone now and its time we all got together to fight for a fairer scotland against poverty, austerity and to look after the older generation and help the younger ppl find work ,to me this is the way forward with all of us working together "
thanks I havr read alot of posts and always found yours to be informative for the most part our _iews are very similar perhaps yourselves were able to see more merit in what was placed on the table I must also agree on everything else you have written above

over a year ago

"kola i have read a lot of your posts and u do speak a lot of sense ,the referendum is gone now and its time we all got together to fight for a fairer scotland against poverty, austerity and to look after the older generation and help the younger ppl find work ,to me this is the way forward with all of us working together thanks I havr read alot of posts and always found yours to be informative for the most part our _iews are very similar perhaps yourselves were able to see more merit in what was placed on the table I must also agree on everything else you have written above "

it just goes to show that we can have different veiws without insulting ppl ,ppl should just sit back and take a moment to remember that we are all the same no matter who u voted and all strive to make our country a better place to live

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

"kola i have read a lot of your posts and u do speak a lot of sense ,the referendum is gone now and its time we all got together to fight for a fairer scotland against poverty, austerity and to look after the older generation and help the younger ppl find work ,to me this is the way forward with all of us working together thanks I havr read alot of posts and always found yours to be informative for the most part our _iews are very similar perhaps yourselves were able to see more merit in what was placed on the table I must also agree on everything else you have written above

it just goes to show that we can have different veiws without insulting ppl ,ppl should just sit back and take a moment to remember that we are all the same no matter who u voted and all strive to make our country a better place to live"

over a year ago

butterkist and a stool

over a year ago

Glasgow

"it just goes to show that we can have different veiws without insulting ppl ,ppl should just sit back and take a moment to remember that we are all the same no matter who u voted and all strive to make our country a better place to live"

There is a point or two I can agree with and think everyone should get behind.

Shy

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

You should read the Declaration of Arbroath sometime and remember there are 1.6 Million of us rather than 100."

And remember its 2014, not 1320.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/10/14 14:00:24]

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

Lol

That's a long time to be running about with a chip on your shoulder.

over a year ago

"Stop trying to justify yourselves, you won the vote now live with the consequences and shame.

I've no shame whatsoever "

You should have.

over a year ago

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

"

You call scaring pensioners with blatant lies, phony vows, breaking purdah law and using illegal press releases and leaked emails democratic????

A strange _iew indeed.

By *unglasgow69Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

OMFG so pensioners only voted no because they were scared.... Gesso I have heard a lot of nonsense from the Yes side as to why they lost none of it factual just opinion. But FFs this is the worst of the lot. Why can't the Yes side accept the result without trying to make No voters feel bad cause they lost.???Cause you know what we don't feel bad we are all more than happy & comfortable with the result. Actually I was delighted & over the moon with it. The yes voters who are on here & who are constantly ranting & raving are becoming tiresome now. Go get laid, get a life just give it a bloody rest

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Part of the reason the Yes camp are so pissed off at the result is that they'd been led to believe it was all over bar Eck's coronation.

As for being lied to - anyone else read the Shite Paper?

over a year ago

"BBC & SKY News are just as guilty & corrupt same with all the press and so many guilable NO voters believed every word they were told

one thing though, if you really want to insult someone you simply call them a "no voter" lol"

At the risk of fuelling the fire....We won, you lost. Go and jump up and down in the corner all you like.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"For fucksake let it go,

You lost get over it,

You call scaring pensioners with blatant lies, phony vows, breaking purdah law and using illegal press releases and leaked emails democratic????

A strange _iew indeed."

Lol

Although it's becoming increasingly apparent,

democracy is less acceptable for the losers.

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

I posted this as part of a longer post..

"The YES campaign did well to paint Scotland's Future as a document of fact, when I'm reality it was only an aspirational document.

In simple terms - a wish list.

I aspire to a better future for myself, my family and those around me.

The offer on the table at the vote did not, in my judgement, provide that.

The sovereign will of the Scottish people spoke. "No".

80 years of preparation, 7 years of government, 2 years of campaigning. Whose fault you didn't win?

Not those that voted no. Look to those that put such a poorly thought out document in front of their fellow Scots."

over a year ago

"I posted this as part of a longer post..

"The YES campaign did well to paint Scotland's Future as a document of fact, when I'm reality it was only an aspirational document.

80 years of preparation, 7 years of government, 2 years of campaigning. Whose fault you didn't win?

Not those that voted no. Look to those that put such a poorly thought out document in front of their fellow Scots."

"

Love this

over a year ago

one thing though, if you really want to insult someone you simply call them a "no voter" lol

At the risk of fuelling the fire....We won, you lost. Go and jump up and down in the corner all you like. "

it childish comments like this that are driving wedge between ppl .

over a year ago

"OMFG so pensioners only voted no because they were scared.... Gesso I have heard a lot of nonsense from the Yes side as to why they lost none of it factual just opinion. But FFs this is the worst of the lot. Why can't the Yes side accept the result without trying to make No voters feel bad cause they lost.???Cause you know what we don't feel bad we are all more than happy & comfortable with the result. Actually I was delighted & over the moon with it. The yes voters who are on here & who are constantly ranting & raving are becoming tiresome now. Go get laid, get a life just give it a bloody rest"

ive got a life i do get laid but i def wont give it a bloody rest just cause you say so,and its the gloating by you and others that will keep us going and voting snp in gen election .

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Stop trying to justify yourselves, you won the vote now live with the consequences and shame.

I've no shame whatsoever

You should have."

Excuse me, by all means express your opinions but we could do without the abuse, thanks very much!

If you can't indulge in civil and mature debate then you simply do your cause no benefit whatsoever.

over a year ago

So while we squabble amongst ourselves, what do we achieve?

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"OMFG so pensioners only voted no because they were scared.... Gesso I have heard a lot of nonsense from the Yes side as to why they lost none of it factual just opinion. But FFs this is the worst of the lot. Why can't the Yes side accept the result without trying to make No voters feel bad cause they lost.???Cause you know what we don't feel bad we are all more than happy & comfortable with the result. Actually I was delighted & over the moon with it. The yes voters who are on here & who are constantly ranting & raving are becoming tiresome now. Go get laid, get a life just give it a bloody rest"

getting quite pathetic!

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"I posted this as part of a longer post..

Not those that voted no. Look to those that put such a poorly thought out document in front of their fellow Scots." "

I've said all along, AS and his cohorts lost the referendum, they failed miserably to convince sufficient people to vote YES. Quite simply, THEY are the people to blame.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

full marks goes to the OP.... he loaded the gun

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"full marks goes to the OP.... he loaded the gun"

Your right as usual _iew

over a year ago

Are people really still going on about the waste of time and money refarendum? Scotland used common sense voted no so get over it. Of course there was lose said ok both sides they wouldn't be politicians trying to win a vote of there wasn't

over a year ago

one thing though, if you really want to insult someone you simply call them a "no voter" lol

At the risk of fuelling the fire....We won, you lost. Go and jump up and down in the corner all you like.

it childish comments like this that are driving wedge between ppl ."

Whereas the well though out comments are making us all warm and fuzzy.

over a year ago

it childish comments like this that are driving wedge between ppl .

Whereas the well though out comments are making us all warm and fuzzy. "

all is rosie, warm and rich in the land of "better together"

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Yawn. All the bitterness of the campaign should be buried and not kept on the boil.

Yes 44.7%, no 55.3% based on my interpretation of the rules the better together vote won.

Can we all agree on that? If that is agreed then can we stop getting all this nonsense of rigged votes, mi5 involvement and all the other reasons that the yes camp try to convince themselves is the real reason the majority decided not to vote with them.

Grow up, move on and get a life. We are still scottish and British so get used to the idea.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Yawn. All the bitterness of the campaign should be buried and not kept on the boil.

Yes 44.7%, no 55.3% based on my interpretation of the rules the better together vote won.

Can we all agree on that? If that is agreed then can we stop getting all this nonsense of rigged votes, mi5 involvement and all the other reasons that the yes camp try to convince themselves is the real reason the majority decided not to vote with them.

Grow up, move on and get a life. We are still scottish and British so get used to the idea. "

Seems simple enough, doesn't it? But sadly, some individuals apparently struggle with the concept of democracy!!

over a year ago

Typical nonsense.

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Democracy only seems to work for them if the result was to their liking.

Rather than dwell on the fact that 55.3% of voters rejected their arguement they prefer to imagine that everything was fixed or rigged. Pathetic.

over a year ago

"Democracy only seems to work for them if the result was to their liking.

Rather than dwell on the fact that 55.3% of voters rejected their arguement they prefer to imagine that everything was fixed or rigged. Pathetic."

Gloating prolongs everything. Leave them to their fantasies. What harm can it do?

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

One of my mates struggles to move on. He keeps posting so much rubbish on facebook that he has lost a few friends because of it.

Best of the lot was him sharing a report by jedis for independance!!

I like the guy but i ended up taking him off my friends list on the run up to the referendum then putting him back on after it was over as i thought it would go back to being bike related but now it is all conspiracy theories.

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Rather than dwell on the fact that 55.3% of voters rejected their arguement they prefer to imagine that everything was fixed or rigged. Pathetic.

Gloating prolongs everything. Leave them to their fantasies. What harm can it do?"

It ends up with "them" in control.

Good people afraid to challenge those who shout loudest.

The old saying "an empty barrel makes the most noise" would be an apt indication of the Yes campaign.

over a year ago

Gloating prolongs everything. Leave them to their fantasies. What harm can it do?

The old saying "an empty barrel makes the most noise" would be an apt indication of the Yes campaign.

"

I think 1.6 million plus Scottish people will disagree with you and the numbers are growing

you stick with the "old sayings" we will look to the future

over a year ago

As for snp I have completed my Ballot paper this morning with the selection as follows:

KB - 1

SH - 2

AC - 3

any of the 3 will be good but that is my choice

get your votes in people, every vote is valid and needed.

over a year ago

Sorry about this .... But fuck me, it doesn't matter if you voted yes or no, what matters is that you voted, and you voted based on what you thought was right at the time, for your Country, children and the future of your Country. Was it right or wrong ... Time will tell, but what's sure is there will be another vote in Time, once the lids off Pandora's box you cannot put the contents back in. With England talking about its own parliament we may end up with devolution either way, it's not likely that Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland will be happy having powers held in Westminster if the English have a full devolved parliament.

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"As for snp I have completed my Ballot paper this morning with the selection as follows:

KB - 1

SH - 2

AC - 3

any of the 3 will be good but that is my choice

get your votes in people, every vote is valid and needed."

So this vote is valid but the "once in a generation" referendum isn't? Typical hypocritical nat speak.

Look to the future. Oh yes let's, I know that several large areas of Scottish science research and development were actively organising "exit strategies" due to the uncertainty around funding.

Many asked for clarification - all they got was "there will be a common research area" as an answer from the Yes campaign. Asking the other side, several grant bodies actually stopped long term project funding not of the border due to the uncertainty.

The European question - well get automatic entry with all the uk opt outs. Erm that got shot down by the Spanish, "you'll have to go through the normal process". Yes reply - "fear mongering".

Currency "We'll use the pound and abrogate the debt", how dumb is this - let's just condemn the infant scottish nation to high interest rates and short termisim. We would also leave ourselves open to punitive tarrifs on Scottish goods and access to the rest of the UK.

Then there's lots of other things. Costs to set up a government - Tax, insurance, passport, embassies, health and safety, etc. All in 18 months at a cost of £180 million. Renting, staffing and supporting the proposed 90 embassies would probably have used that up.

Oh that's right you were going to leech of the RUK for most of them. What was it - 10 years to set up a separate scottish tax system?

As I said before - the white paper was a wish list and the Yes campaign ran a good pr campaign to paint it as 'fact'.

I just wish they could now devote those energies to pushing scotland forward as one country and not the inward, navel gazing, destructive path we now seem to be set on.

Had the vote been 50% +1 vote, and the path set for independence - would the Yes campaign take any notice of this poll had it been 60% rejoin? I doubt it.

over a year ago

The thing about Scotland is, while we're bickering about this, while the No campaign won't shut up moaning about the Yes people, and why the Yes campaign licks its wounds - Westminster is laughing at us, and the whole world can see how easily divided we are, both within Scotland and the U.K.

Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee.

over a year ago

"The thing about Scotland is, while we're bickering about this, while the No campaign won't shut up moaning about the Yes people, and why the Yes campaign licks its wounds - Westminster is laughing at us, and the whole world can see how easily divided we are, both within Scotland and the U.K.

Putin must be rubbing his hands with glee."

You are right, the whole world is laughing at Scotland, countries fight wars for independence and some don't even have the stomach to stand on their own two feet and tick a yes vote, it is obvious to all that the people who done that cannot believe in themselves nor can they work for a better Scotland,

You do not here any one NO voter shouting / demanding for the promises that were made to them by all 3 Westminster parties

over a year ago

"The thing about Scotland is, while we're bickering about this, while the No campaign won't shut up moaning about the Yes people, and why the Yes campaign licks its wounds - Westminster is laughing at us, and the whole world can see how easily divided we are, both within Scotland and the U.K.

You are right, the whole world is laughing at Scotland, countries fight wars for independence and some don't even have the stomach to stand on their own two feet and tick a yes vote, it is obvious to all that the people who done that cannot believe in themselves nor can they work for a better Scotland,

You do not here any one NO voter shouting / demanding for the promises that were made to them by all 3 Westminster parties"

Because the no voters did so because they like Scotland as it is didn't need extra promises. Scotland was a laughing stock the minute it was announced that there was a refarendum happening

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

You do not here any one NO voter shouting / demanding for the promises that were made to them by all 3 Westminster parties"

christ its like a broken record ....tell you what I will ask my mp for what was promised .......oh wait all that was promised was more devolved powers and the majority decided to stand on their own two feet....... and keep prince salmond at bay accept the will of the people now your constant garbage will not change anyones mind mearly re-enforce their belief that the right decision was made

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Yawn. All the bitterness of the campaign should be buried and not kept on the boil.

"

The only people with any incentive to keep the bitterness and animosity going are the Yes campaigners in the forlorn hope it'll help bring about another Referendum, the Neverendum as it's known.

It won't.

over a year ago

The only people with any incentive to keep the bitterness and animosity going are the Yes campaigners in the forlorn hope it'll help bring about another Referendum, the Neverendum as it's known.

It won't."

lol yeh; in your opinion and we all know about opinions

but then like everyone else, you are entitled to one, so nice on you for commenting, your _iew as much as everyone else's is appreciated

over a year ago

It won't.

lol yeh; in your opinion and we all know about opinions

but then like everyone else, you are entitled to one, so nice on you for commenting, your _iew as much as everyone else's is appreciated "

But it's true. This was a once in a lifetime event, and it went the way it went. No matter how much the nationalists cry foul and bitch and moan, there won't be another legally and constitutionally binding referendum for donkeys years. If at all.

So the only way you 45%ers are going to get what you want any sooner is the hard way. And that's called revolution. Do any of you have the stomach for that?

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

Rather than dwell on the fact that 55.3% of voters rejected their arguement they prefer to imagine that everything was fixed or rigged. Pathetic."

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

I think 1.6 million plus Scottish people will disagree with you and the numbers are growing

you stick with the "old sayings" we will look to the future"

Another big mistake the YES mob make, they seem to think that an increase in SNP members, co-relates to an increase in YES voters. However, that's exactly the sort of logic that lost them the referendum! Silly silly people!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Maybe I should corner the market in claymores and hairy sporrans.

over a year ago

"Maybe I should corner the market in claymores and hairy sporrans."

PMSL

over a year ago

"Another big mistake the YES mob make, they seem to think that an increase in SNP members, co-relates to an increase in YES voters. However, that's exactly the sort of logic that lost them the referendum! Silly silly people! "

you must be very foolish to call 1.6 million people silly when you have no idea who they are or what they do

but then you already know that

By *ane DTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Another big mistake the YES mob make, they seem to think that an increase in SNP members, co-relates to an increase in YES voters. However, that's exactly the sort of logic that lost them the referendum! Silly silly people!

you must be very foolish to call 1.6 million people silly when you have no idea who they are or what they do

"

He's calling the yesnp silly, not the 1.6 million voters.

But then again fantasy arithmetic is a staple of the Yes campaign.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Looks like Eck's planning to do the dirty on his 45ers.

From The Grauniad.

The Scottish first minister, Alex Salmond, has hinted he could be open to a coalition between Labour and the Scottish National party (SNP), raising the possibility that he could return to Westminster and take a senior role in the government next May.

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Looks like Eck's planning to do the dirty on his 45ers.

From The Grauniad.

The Scottish first minister, Alex Salmond, has hinted he could be open to a coalition between Labour and the Scottish National party (SNP), raising the possibility that he could return to Westminster and take a senior role in the government next May."

Sounds like London labour's in-house paper is grasping at straws .... labour is projected to keep only 4 Scottish seats at the next GE, so why would the recently enlarged SNP (now with a more radical leader than Salmond) want to soil their hands by jumping into bed with the parcel o'rogues party who allied themselves with the tories to wage such a dirty campaign against Scottish self-determination?

Unlike labour and the tories, major SNP policies are made by the membership, so a coalition is only conceivable if another independence referendum within the lifetime of the next parliament is part of the arrangement.

By *leasure domMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This was a once in a lifetime event, and it went the way it went. No matter how much the nationalists cry foul and bitch and moan, there won't be another legally and constitutionally binding referendum for donkeys years. If at all.

Says who?

You are only expressing a vain hope. This issue will not go away until independence is achieved. Already, polling is showing 52% in favour. There is no reason why this crucial issue should not be tested within five years, in the same way as governments are chosen. Sounds like democracy to me.

Your preference does not sound like democracy.

over a year ago

"Looks like Eck's planning to do the dirty on his 45ers.

From The Grauniad.

The Scottish first minister, Alex Salmond, has hinted he could be open to a coalition between Labour and the Scottish National party (SNP), raising the possibility that he could return to Westminster and take a senior role in the government next May."

if you.read the article he said it was highly unlikely ,just more spin and lies _nny

over a year ago

OK, I'll poke the biggest most aggressive hornets nest of all

Dear YES voters and campaigners

YOU LOST GET OVER IT

over a year ago

"OK, I'll poke the biggest most aggressive hornets nest of all

Dear YES voters and campaigners

YOU LOST GET OVER IT"

i think the majority are over it and now looking towards the general election

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Another big mistake the YES mob make, they seem to think that an increase in SNP members, co-relates to an increase in YES voters. However, that's exactly the sort of logic that lost them the referendum! Silly silly people!

He's calling the yesnp silly, not the 1.6 million voters.

But then again fantasy arithmetic is a staple of the Yes campaign. "

Exactly, it was their total inability to come up with facts that cost them the referendum. And if they don't learn that simple lesson, it'll cost them the next one too.

over a year ago

"This was a once in a lifetime event, and it went the way it went. No matter how much the nationalists cry foul and bitch and moan, there won't be another legally and constitutionally binding referendum for donkeys years. If at all.

Says who?

You are only expressing a vain hope. This issue will not go away until independence is achieved. Already, polling is showing 52% in favour. There is no reason why this crucial issue should not be tested within five years, in the same way as governments are chosen. Sounds like democracy to me.

Your preference does not sound like democracy."

You care to show your poll sources? Are they by the Yes side by any chance.

Irrelevant anyway as any referendum has to be ratified legally by Westminster. And that is not going to happen anytime soon. Basically you want the referendum held until you get the result you want. That's not democracy, it's a war of attrition.

over a year ago

All the previous posts are redundant as after the national elections and the Scottish elections we will be having a neverendum as there is no way Mzzz Sturgeon will give up the chance to put Scotland through it all again !!!!

over a year ago

So much gloating and name calling

Post new Message to Thread