Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

dundee social

Jump to newest

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Hello fabbers, have had discussions with quite a few people on here who have indicated that the scene in Dundee is not the greatest...was going to have a bash at changing that with a female friend who has agreed to help me out ( she's the brains if the operation) lol... please leave any comments regarding the above and we can get dundee rocking?? .. look forward to hearing from you.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Is your friend a fab member too?

over a year ago

Brains

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Hopey is my brains....and body lol

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I've just been saying that a social would be nice.

I would definitely be interested

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I've been to a lunch social in a restaurant, if that's any help

over a year ago

"I've been to a lunch social in a restaurant, if that's any help"
aye just watch oot for low flying paper aeroplanes

over a year ago

we would be interested

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Good to hear blondie x send a pm to myself or hopey( my brains) we can discuss further x

over a year ago

Send pms to tradesman im only the brains, its your party, I'm just being helpful! Plus im away to go watch Jonathon Ross show.

over a year ago

_radesman62 who is a very hot dude ladies is havin a kickass party on the 31st so msg him and find out more. u definately won't be disappointed with this guy!!!

over a year ago

Would be up for it if its not all single blokes attending

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

[Removed by poster at 18/10/14 22:58:18]

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I've been to a lunch social in a restaurant, if that's any help

aye just watch oot for low flying paper aeroplanes "

I'll remember to duck next time

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Yeah, it's hopey..pm me if you have any thoughts on the social x

By *andj888Couple
over a year ago

Dundee

Whats the ideas so far?

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Pm me, and will let you know everyone's thoughts x

over a year ago

Is this a social open to all or a private party?

over a year ago

Been a long time since I've been to a social. I'd be interested in a Dundee area one.

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Hello jinty, it's up for discussion at the moment... pm me and I will let you know everyone's thoughts x ty

over a year ago

i run regular(ish) lunches in dundee and they are always well attended , so would be interested in a social event xxxx

By *exyjane73Couple
over a year ago

near dundee

Hi we would be interested x

over a year ago

"i run regular(ish) lunches in dundee and they are always well attended , so would be interested in a social event xxxx"

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

over a year ago

Depending on dates count me and mrs dlt in

over a year ago

If it's open to all give us a shout.

Dx

By *erfume-LoverMan
over a year ago

Perth Hotel 27 June

Any date yet ?

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

No date yet, we're looking at numbers, dates etc at the moment. Cheers

over a year ago

If I can find someone to go with (open to offers ) and depending on dates I'd be interested.

By *ensuallityMan
over a year ago

Perth

Date dependant or should I say work dependant can I be a maybe ?

Cheers

Kay

over a year ago

I know I'm young and a single guy (probably two BIG NOs for this site) but I'd be interested if I was allowed

over a year ago

"Hello jinty, it's up for discussion at the moment... pm me and I will let you know everyone's thoughts x ty"

So it's not a social open to all??

over a year ago

Would be intrested depending on dates...

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Depending on the numbers?? PM and I will give details, and let you know our thoughts x

over a year ago

"Depending on the numbers?? PM and I will give details, and let you know our thoughts x "

I'm sorry, I don't understand the big mystery. Why can't you simply say whether its a social open to all or a private party. That's how socials are usually conducted on the forum. With no need for PM's......so like the dragons...."I'm out!".....

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Ok, no Probs

over a year ago

"Depending on the numbers?? PM and I will give details, and let you know our thoughts x

I'm sorry, I don't understand the big mystery. Why can't you simply say whether its a social open to all or a private party. That's how socials are usually conducted on the forum. With no need for PM's......so like the dragons...."I'm out!"..... "

over a year ago

It's just a thought in motion. The more that seems interested then the more they'll know if it's a small gathering not worth getting a venue for.

Miss K's lunches are normally popular but i have seen others organise a social in dundee where no one turned up barr 2 males.

No cloak and danger, this side of Scotland is dead for swinging.

over a year ago

Should the op not have asked the question who would all be intrested in a Dundee social and got an idea off how meny would be.no reason for the PM.

over a year ago

"It's just a thought in motion. The more that seems interested then the more they'll know if it's a small gathering not worth getting a venue for.

Miss K's lunches are normally popular but i have seen others organise a social in dundee where no one turned up barr 2 males.

No cloak and danger, this side of Scotland is dead for swinging."

over a year ago

"It's just a thought in motion. The more that seems interested then the more they'll know if it's a small gathering not worth getting a venue for.

No cloak and danger, this side of Scotland is dead for swinging."

Dundee is close for me and I would love to attend a local social event. Miss K's last one was not a convenient date for me so I had to pass.

I thought my question regarding the nature of this proposed event was justified since "party" had been mentioned twice by friends of the OP and as private messages were being requested I thought there might be a selection process. The OP has been a member for 4 weeks and is at this time unverified... so my choice would be not to message at this time.

I'm sure security and confidentiality are matters we are all aware of only too well.

over a year ago

"Should the op not have asked the question who would all be intrested in a Dundee social and got an idea off how meny would be.no reason for the PM. "

He has asked for interest from members as we have all stated we are interested in arranginf something if the numbers were right

over a year ago

Am confussed is this a social or a party?

over a year ago

"Am confussed is this a social or a party? "

Depending in numbers i think mrs

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Ok jinty I accept your concerns, although they are totally without foundation... thanks for your post x

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Depending on the numbers... exactly.!! . not going to run a social with a handful of people...a house party is an option for those who are chilled out, intelligent and know how to have fun...like I said all dependant on numbers!

over a year ago

So if your not chilled out or intelligent you won't be allowed

That's not a clever statement to make

over a year ago

"Depending on the numbers... exactly.!! . not going to run a social with a handful of people...a house party is an option for those who are chilled out, intelligent and know how to have fun...like I said all dependant on numbers! "

Thank you.... that clears it up for me. Lol...

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Right,I'm off to bed, working tomorrow unfortunately.... and to all those who use the phrase "cloak and dagger" and "secret "...remember this.

Just because YOU don't know something it doesn't make it a secret.. there's lots of things I don't know... but they are not secrets.... ps... house party it is... all those who are interested and have assisted with thoughts and ideas... thanks very much x chat soon

over a year ago

Just for the record, the phrases "cloak and dagger" and "secret" were never used by me.

It would also have been helpful if your thread had not been entitled "Dundee Social" in the first place.

I may not be intelligent but I know the difference between an apple and a banana.....

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

???? Ok, thanks for your input

over a year ago

Bugger am not intelligent,

By *ensuallityMan
over a year ago

Perth

Hi thought this was to be a social event ? If so yes am interested but NO if its a house party sorry not my thing. Hope all works out well and those going have a great time.

Kay

By *oznrayCouple
over a year ago

helensburgh

I think the problem here was definition as the post is about a social, which in the terms of the site is just that an social gathering in a public place with no sexual activities, where as party, is a gathering usually at someone's house where there WILL BE sexual activates

By *andj888Couple
over a year ago

Dundee

Cheers for the definition, we are very new to this and there are lots of terms and abbreviations which are totally lost on us.

Whether it is a social event or a party we think it would be a good opportunity for us to meet new people with similar lifestyles so whatever it is we are looking forward to it.

The guy who started this seems to be getting a lot of stick we think rather than giving him stick about not knowing exactly what he is hoping to organise he should be praised and helped for at least making an effort to get things in motion.

over a year ago

I agree . I would be intrestEd in attending party / social I just a single bloke

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

If its a social yes but a perty no the op did say at first a social now the usual method for a social is to ask how namy people are interested and take it from there Not change it to a party so what the feck is it a social or a party

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

meant many in the previous post

By *ips2lipsCouple
over a year ago

dundee

We would be up 4 that also been to 1 Dundee social before great night. How do we find out more.

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

"Cheers for the definition, we are very new to this and there are lots of terms and abbreviations which are

The guy who started this seems to be getting a lot of stick we think rather than giving him stick about not knowing exactly what he is hoping to organise he should be praised and helped for at least making an effort to get things in motion. "

As you say, you're new to this, and I don't see anybody giving the guy needless stick. The title says "social" which is one thing, but it sounds as if it's now a house party, which is another thing entirely.

People are just asking for clarification, as some would be comfortable with a social, but not with a house party attended by people they'd never met. Simples!

over a year ago

"Cheers for the definition, we are very new to this and there are lots of terms and abbreviations which are

The guy who started this seems to be getting a lot of stick we think rather than giving him stick about not knowing exactly what he is hoping to organise he should be praised and helped for at least making an effort to get things in motion.

As you say, you're new to this, and I don't see anybody giving the guy needless stick. The title says "social" which is one thing, but it sounds as if it's now a house party, which is another thing entirely.

People are just asking for clarification, as some would be comfortable with a social, but not with a house party attended by people they'd never met. Simples!"

Agree with this (Mr)

over a year ago

Last one I attended was in March wasn't to busy just right x

over a year ago

"

Sunday... friend requests will be sent to all people interested in the dundee social thread.. "

Personally I don't accept friends requests till I have met In person and defo wouldn't be accepting one from a guy for this

The last social was arranged by _ky hook. The way he done it was everyone who wished to attend got a mail in the morning of the meet with location.

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Is there a social on

over a year ago

"Is there a social on "

Good question Heather. I got a lot of cheek for my enquiries. Seems its a perty ....

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

" The last social was arranged by _ky hook. The way he done it was everyone who wished to attend got a mail in the morning of the meet with location.

"

I believe that's the normal way of doing things! Simple and discreet.

over a year ago

" The last social was arranged by _ky hook. The way he done it was everyone who wished to attend got a mail in the morning of the meet with location.

I believe that's the normal way of doing things! Simple and discreet."

Any social we have been too has been done this way. Never heard of sending friend invites, private messages (Mr)

By *ky HookMan
over a year ago

Dundee

From reading the whole thread I got the impression the op wasnt sure what he was intending on having and it was going to come down to numbers and their preference. With the responce he got I believe he has gone with a house party. I also got the impression that he wasnt sure about getting involved in the costs of organising a 'social' that folks wouldnt show up for. I can understand this as this is the reason I organised a drinks night rather than a full on social. t

over a year ago

hi we would be intrested have been to socials in glasgow and stirling and is a great way to meet new friends

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Apologies to all.. i used the incorrect terminology that's all... im planning a party for about 10 to 14 people in which everyone will know everyone else who's going beforehand .

Gives a break.... im trying

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Apologies to all.. i used the incorrect terminology that's all... im planning a party for about 10 to 14 people in which everyone will know everyone else who's going beforehand .

Gives a break.... im trying "

Im not trying to give you a hard time but what then was the point in this post?

if its only a party for friends of friends why not just mail them ?

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

As the OP has decided to go with a house party, and it seems many are interested in a social, shall we organise one?

over a year ago

"As the OP has decided to go with a house party, and it seems many are interested in a social, shall we organise one? "
Yes, go for it.

over a year ago

"As the OP has decided to go with a house party, and it seems many are interested in a social, shall we organise one? "

Absolutely

over a year ago

I'd be there we bells on

over a year ago

Yesss please

Dx

over a year ago

we'd probably attend a Dundee social, we like missk's lunches, but sometimes can't manage on a Saturday cos we have our grandson during the day, so a social evening would be great

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

How do people feel about a Friday eve?

over a year ago

"How do people feel about a Friday eve? "

As long as we have enough time to get babysitters & it doesn't clash with other big socials/gatherings (TG or the Burlesque fair) we will be there . Friday or Saturday .

Dx

over a year ago

spose a Friday would be ok

over a year ago

Friday is good....

By *radesman62 OP   Man
over a year ago

Dundee

Can I come?

By *ky HookMan
over a year ago

Dundee

What date

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

No idea, December would probably be quite busy for places, so it would be Nov or early Dec, I reckon.

Anyone got suggestions on locations?

over a year ago

Blondie they should orivate message them to you so they not on open forum

over a year ago

"Blondie they should orivate message them to you so they not on open forum"
private lol

over a year ago

I can only manage weekday daytimes, but would definitely be interested. Another single guy, though. Sorry!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"Blondie they should orivate message them to you so they not on open forum"

Lol, I'm not suggesting I'll organise it, just spitballing ideas

By *rixi DevineWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

well, that was confusing haha

if a definitive answer is ever reached or a social/meeting for drinks/whatever the terminology for a group of Fab Members, meeting in a public venue (albeit very low key/secerative/whatever lol) is organised for definite......

count me in

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Lol yeah, seems people want a social but don't want to organise it

I'll have a look at some options tomorrow

By *rixi DevineWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

ah, great honey!

organisation is not exactly a strong point for me lol

hopefully enough people will want a little pre-xmas/holiday season 'blow-out' haha

always got a few ideas if you need them (not sayin' they'll be good tho!)

xxx

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Ah couldny organize a piss up in a brewery but love going to social Remember theres a big social on in Glasgow on5th december but hey let me know dates and if i can make it I WILL BE THERE

over a year ago

Turns out I'm too young for you all therefore I can't come and join you ....

By *rixi DevineWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

[Removed by poster at 25/10/14 11:11:10]

By *rixi DevineWoman
over a year ago

Dundee

Turns out I'm too young for you all therefore I can't come and join you ....

aww......

Zeus.....

you know you want to tho

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

I'm awaiting emails from a few places with details, then I'll begin a new thread for this

over a year ago

"I'm awaiting emails from a few places with details, then I'll begin a new thread for this "

More than happy to lend a hand with organisation....impending grannyhood permitting!!!

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

"I'm awaiting emails from a few places with details, then I'll begin a new thread for this

More than happy to lend a hand with organisation....impending grannyhood permitting!!! "

Thanks Jinty, I'll pm you

By *oobsandballsMan
over a year ago

st andrews

Looking like everything's booked up for evenings between now and Xmas

over a year ago

Just meet in a pub ect no need to book anything x

By *oobsandballsMan