Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

casual social

Jump to newest

By *nonandy OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Glasgow

Just an idea does anyone think this would work

I don't know myself but I have been told organising a social is a lot of work but what if you done it a bit more casual arrange it all like a normal meet in forum but rather than hire a venue just arrange for everyone to meet at a pub or something

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Thats what most are already

By *nonandy OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Glasgow

I thought people usually hired a hall or something and had to pay out for it then charge people attending and that made it so much hard work

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hiring somewhere just costs money so you'd need to charge

The social on Saturday, albeit was only a casual thing in a pub before CJ's but was still a lot of effort and arranging who's in whos car and who's in what taxi to CJ's it was a total head fuck but worth it

Glad to all that came

Geek

over a year ago

"Hiring somewhere just costs money so you'd need to charge

The social on Saturday, albeit was only a casual thing in a pub before CJ's but was still a lot of effort and arranging who's in whos car and who's in what taxi to CJ's it was a total head fuck but worth it

Glad to all that came

Geek "

Much appreciated, especially to gander at your aexy shirt

over a year ago

*Sexy* bloody phone!

By *nonandy OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Glasgow

ye al second that very great full for the invite

By *nonandy OP   Man
over a year ago

Near Glasgow

"*Sexy* bloody phone! "

whats up with your phone freezing???

over a year ago

"Hiring somewhere just costs money so you'd need to charge

Glad to all that came

Geek

Much appreciated, especially to gander at your aexy shirt "

I bought another new one today

Geek

over a year ago

Normally socials are private and drinks nights are an area in a pub somewhere with no cost but still takes plenty organising .And posting publicly where etc isn't the norm as not everyone wants joe public to know where they will be that night .

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

That's what happens with most drinks nights anyway.

But it still needs planned if there are more than 10/12 people attending you still need to book somewhere to cater for larger groups.

You still need to keep a tab on all attending.

And you still need to mail everyone with venue detail so not as much organising as a big social but still some work needs to be done xx

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Organised a few in Edinburgh for Friday afternoons. I think they were enjoyed by those who turned up but a huge percentage of no shows. I'll maybe try again next month if there's demand.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Organised a few in Edinburgh for Friday afternoons. I think they were enjoyed by those who turned up but a huge percentage of no shows. I'll maybe try again next month if there's demand. "
No shows do my head in lol

over a year ago

"Organised a few in Edinburgh for Friday afternoons. I think they were enjoyed by those who turned up but a huge percentage of no shows. I'll maybe try again next month if there's demand. No shows do my head in lol"

Especially when they say they are on their way or nearly there, then they just don't show,

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Organised a few in Edinburgh for Friday afternoons. I think they were enjoyed by those who turned up but a huge percentage of no shows. I'll maybe try again next month if there's demand. No shows do my head in lol"

Me too. Very disappointing when one has gone to a lot of trouble.

By *mudg3rMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Organised a few in Edinburgh for Friday afternoons. I think they were enjoyed by those who turned up but a huge percentage of no shows. I'll maybe try again next month if there's demand. No shows do my head in lol

Especially when they say they are on their way or nearly there, then they just don't show,"

Definitely. Mind you, at last one a guy showed up, looked around and left. Lol. Just as well since a few of the company had met him before and didn't think much of him. Hey ho.

Post new Message to Thread