Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Malky McKay set up

Jump to newest

By *lasgowkisser OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Is it me ? Or was malky set up by mr tan? We've all said a LOT worse in general talk. Who's never said I'm away down to the chinkys before???

P c. Gone Ott!!!!!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Haven't seen any of this but i suspect you're right.

However, when in a position of public influence or power, maybe people need to remember that it is unwise to use such language

over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes. But it was a private 1-1 discussion

He was having. Sour grapes on mr tan

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Had this very discussion with someone in the past yes I must be a racist as I use chinkys .........does that also make a chinese aquantince a racist yes he uses that word as he often pops down the chinkys for some scran ?? Or is it just part of our language and has no racial slant attached to it the scottish language is well known for shortening words or changing them slightly

over a year ago

Glasgow

I also call ppl from Pakistan pakis

But I'm no racist. I get called jock at wk

From English and I don't feel. Insulted

It's PC. Ott

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Had this very discussion with someone in the past yes I must be a racist as I use chinkys .........does that also make a chinese aquantince a racist yes he uses that word as he often pops down the chinkys for some scran ?? Or is it just part of our language and has no racial slant attached to it the scottish language is well known for shortening words or changing them slightly "

Think for te first time mate i agree with you

over a year ago

Glasgow

BANG!!! that's me hitting the floor from fainting, boy blunder!!!!!!!

over a year ago

"Had this very discussion with someone in the past yes I must be a racist as I use chinkys .........does that also make a chinese aquantince a racist yes he uses that word as he often pops down the chinkys for some scran ?? Or is it just part of our language and has no racial slant attached to it the scottish language is well known for shortening words or changing them slightly "

Is that enough to stop people being offended ?

Thats where i see an issue, just because you can doesnt mean you must or should.

the entitlement to speak as you see fit also comes with the obligation to think first.

In Malky's case he was speaking to his employer, and as such should have been more professional.

over a year ago

Glasgow

He wasn't speaking TO his employer

It was ABOUT him

Done the same myself. Hasn't everyone?????

over a year ago

"He wasn't speaking TO his employer

It was ABOUT him

Done the same myself. Hasn't everyone?????"

oh well that must make it ok then, he shouldnt be taken to task for talking about someone should he

whether he intended his comments to be offensive or not isnt enough to stop someone being offended.

Just out of interest, whats the point of this thread ?

Are you offended by people who are offended

over a year ago

Glasgow

No. It's about the title of the thread.......

Setup.... Try reading it

over a year ago

"No. It's about the title of the thread.......

Setup.... Try reading it"

so he says something disrespectful about his boss, gets caught and we should feel sorry for him and start screaming conspiracy

nah ! He was stupid to say it and is now facing the consequences.

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

Who is he anyway? I'm lost lol

over a year ago

"Who is he anyway? I'm lost lol"

hes a football manager who had a poor relationship with his clubs owner and resigned before he got the boot.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Haven't you ?............

Think he'd bloody murdered somebody!! Get real!

over a year ago

"Haven't you ?............

Think he'd bloody murdered somebody!! Get real!"

have you actually read the list of messages he has admitted sending ?

Not only about vincent tan but all the others he has been disrespectful to as well.

if it was a one off i might have some sympathy for him but not when it is habitual behaviour.

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Can't agree he was set up, he did send the texts, they were in the papers over weekend, and Sky showed them also. They didn't only refer to Tan, but were also openly racist, talking about the ethnicity of players , also referring to an individual as a "gay snake".....not acceptable at all.

However , this has cost him the crystal palace job, hopefully lesson learned.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Absolute rubbish

This happened 6 months ago

McKay falls out wi tan

McKay hoes for c palace job and wham

This drops out. Character assanation

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

I remember seeing Mr Kholi recently on tv he said that it's outdated to use local slang to describe ethnic shops/restaraunts . If going out your going for an indian , chinese , italian or whatever . Shopping at the corner shop or newsagent to use a russian slang saying it's simples .

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

How can it be rubbish ?? he DID make the comments !!! ....or is it a case of ... I was a homophobic racist, but that was six months ago ... So that's all right then !!

over a year ago

He was not set up because he did send them, the texts were found when the Police were investigating dodgy payments to agents, they have come out again now because Tan wanted to stick the knife in.

over a year ago

Glasgow

Yes the timing of gook tans comments

Are shit. Racist comments??

Not in a racist way. Only in a manner

Of speaking..... Coming from a JOCK

not taken as racist

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Gook Tan" !!! I see what you've done there you have taken his name of Vincent Tan and made it "Gook Tan" ..... I can now see how you think that malky mackays comments are acceptable !!

over a year ago

"No. It's about the title of the thread.......

Setup.... Try reading it

so he says something disrespectful about his boss, gets caught and we should feel sorry for him and start screaming conspiracy

nah ! He was stupid to say it and is now facing the consequences."

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

I wonder how many would pass the pc test,

If their text messages were scrutinised

hmmmmmmm

over a year ago

"He wasn't speaking TO his employer

It was ABOUT him

Done the same myself. Hasn't everyone?????"

Of which the employer probably has plenty of small print which can justify gross misconduct proceedings. Have to pick you up on your earlier Paki comment. As a child of the sixties/seventies Chink,Paki,Wop,Yid,Coon etc etc were the norm at the time. However we now live in 2014 and things like this are no longer acceptable in society...

I'm away out for a Cantonese washed down with some of Israels finest sparkling wine....

over a year ago

To answer OP's original question was Malky set up? I agree that Vincent Tan has a cold sense of timing but Mackay shall receive no sympathy from me.

Mackay greets the arrival of a South Korean player as a 'fkn chinky'. Xenophobic. Or perhaps his grasp of Asian geography is weak?

Refers to an agent as '...a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'. Banter or anti-semitic?

Allegedly other derogatory texts refer to women and gay people.

Insults filed under the banter excuse is weak refuge for wholly inappropriate behaviour. I'm not lacking humour if I don't find it the banter of mates, just depressed over prejudice and that such attitudes still exist.

Mackay hasn't acted appropriately towards other people. To say that it's ok in private doesn't fully recognise that he's done something wrong in reference to discrimination. This isn't something that should be trivialised. To note that it's ok to behave inappropriately in private or that we've all said much worse, in my opinion, is just ridiculous. The choice of wording is extremely poor.

Hopefully Mackay moves forward in how he chooses to behave but as some postings show it's not influencing others to follow suit.

Post new Message to Thread