Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Shark week

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well we're basically half way through shark week on the discovery and animal planet channels. Anyone else enjoying it as much as me?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am waiting for STV Glasgow to have Loan Shark Week.

over a year ago

I am obsessed with shark week. My favourite time of year. They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Lol.

over a year ago

kind of hooked on this now ,the photography last night in "air jaws" was stunning ,have a few suggestions for people to tow behind the boat as bait -any thoughts?

over a year ago

"I am obsessed with shark week. My favourite time of year. They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Lol. "
abslutely agree my favourite time off the year..ive been lucky enough in my life to have swam with tigers and reef sharks ,indescribeable

over a year ago

"I am obsessed with shark week. My favourite time of year. They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Lol. "
abslutely agree my favourite time off the year..ive been lucky enough in my life to have swam with tigers and reef sharks ,indescribeable

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Totally agree. Last night with the perfect shot programme was amazing

over a year ago

"Snap!!Thats raw power"

over a year ago

"I am obsessed with shark week. My favourite time of year. They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Lol. abslutely agree my favourite time off the year..ive been lucky enough in my life to have swam with tigers and reef sharks ,indescribeable "

Oh god I couldn't. I think I would probably get a heart attack and drown if I seen a shark in the water. I like to watch from a distance lol. Even when I was in Australia and they had the barriers up on some beaches, I was scared. Being d*unk didn't help though lol

over a year ago

"I am obsessed with shark week. My favourite time of year. They terrify me and fascinate me at the same time. Lol. abslutely agree my favourite time off the year..ive been lucky enough in my life to have swam with tigers and reef sharks ,indescribeable

Oh god I couldn't. I think I would probably get a heart attack and drown if I seen a shark in the water. I like to watch from a distance lol. Even when I was in Australia and they had the barriers up on some beaches, I was scared. Being d*unk didn't help though lol "

ha yeah that wouldnt help ...i was never brave enough to do a night dive though ...i love diving its an experience never to forget,i plan to do a great white cage dive..on the bucket list lol

over a year ago

It's about time more programmes were aired regarding these magnificent creatures.

For years I have relentlessly campaigned with the Bite Back foundation to protect sharks worldwide.

Yet we still see major stores sell shark trinkets like teeth etc right through to the Asian market in fins.

100million of these creatures are butchered every year for no purpose whatsoever but to give the Chinese tasteless soup.

The gestation period of a large shark is 2 years. That's from copulation to birth, and they give birth to ONE at a time.

So if MAN is killing 100m a year and they give birth once every 2 years come on folks do the Maths

By the year 2020 the oceans will be empty if these beautiful beasts.

The ocean NEEDS them as much as she needs the coral reefs to survive.

I have had the pleasure if diving with them not only abroad but here in Scotland. That's right I have dived in the Clyde alongside the second biggest FISH species in the world the Basking Shark.

I was called out once to cut one free from a Tesco shopping trolley filled with cast aside fishing line. I have also had to cut free Tope and Dog fish both breeds of shark with feet of Troon beach

They are incredible and misunderstood creatures.

Remember the ocean is their home and if you invade that be prepared for the consequence as much as wee Jimmy doom the street has to if he breaks into your Hoose

Post new Message to Thread