Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Trying to stay positive.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Took a break for a few months.

Im not sure if it was too long, certainly feel like i've lost that fun rapor/understanding i enjoyed with a lovely mix of people.

I dont mean im hungry for messages and meets, i just mean this, on here.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think some of us thats been on here for yrs have seen the change in the site

some good some bad

it does somedays get like groundhog day so id say if you have left and came back and still are feeling the same nope prob time to take more time out?

Good luck

over a year ago

Might be right, cheers.

over a year ago

"Took a break for a few months.

Im not sure if it was too long, certainly feel like i've lost that fun rapor/understanding i enjoyed with a lovely mix of people.

"

Its just like real life mate, good days and bad, good people and bad and make of it what you can, don't let it get to you too much and stay positive. Youll get thete

over a year ago

will do, cheers

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

For some it's difficult to move on.

Things do change and you either have to move with the times or stay where you were.

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

As mac said it's the same as real life, folk change on the forums and there's a few new posters now... It just takes time to get to know folk again so stick with it and you'll be having a laugh in no time

over a year ago

I find the forums a really good way of meeting people my last 3 meets have come from my random post and I there is at least 3 posts a day that catch my interest. I have seen a few people say the forums are not what they used to be as a relevantly new poster can i ask what has changed what were the topics that interested everyone before

over a year ago

"I find the forums a really good way of meeting people my last 3 meets have come from my random post and I there is at least 3 posts a day that catch my interest. I have seen a few people say the forums are not what they used to be as a relevantly new poster can i ask what has changed what were the topics that interested everyone before "
I've been here since day dot and the topics have never really changed.

If you look back as far 4/5 years ago you will see that.

What I do think has changed though are some people's attitudes and that's a fact.

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion.

over a year ago

"I find the forums a really good way of meeting people my last 3 meets have come from my random post and I there is at least 3 posts a day that catch my interest. I have seen a few people say the forums are not what they used to be as a relevantly new poster can i ask what has changed what were the topics that interested everyone before I've been here since day dot and the topics have never really changed.

What I do think has changed though are some people's attitudes and that's a fact.

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion. "

you can look back 4/5 years ?

over a year ago

"I find the forums a really good way of meeting people my last 3 meets have come from my random post and I there is at least 3 posts a day that catch my interest. I have seen a few people say the forums are not what they used to be as a relevantly new poster can i ask what has changed what were the topics that interested everyone before I've been here since day dot and the topics have never really changed.

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion. you can look back 4/5 years ?"

of course you can

over a year ago

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion. you can look back 4/5 years ?of course you can "

how i need inspiration lol

over a year ago

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion. you can look back 4/5 years ?of course you can how i need inspiration lol "

you need to be on a pc list right at the bottom of the forum list.

over a year ago

Far to many airing the personal issues in public being the biggest spoiler of the forums in my opinion. you can look back 4/5 years ?of course you can how i need inspiration lol you need to be on a pc list right at the bottom of the forum list. "

i will look later then what was a vintage year

over a year ago

just had a flick through i don't think the topics have changed much seams there were more users posting on the forums back then

over a year ago

Loads of UNLOS. When you look back at

Threads

over a year ago

"Loads of UNLOS. When you look back at

Threads "

i just thought he was a really popular guy

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Threads "

Especially daft threads from last year - including the always popular inspiration for the bruisms thread

over a year ago

Threads "

yep but most returned under different names....too hard to stay away lol xx

over a year ago

As someone who has been around for yrs yes as I said

There was way more posters back then why have they stopped

Dunno you would need to ask them?

Me personally think intimidation of it just being the same people who post everyday and fear of not fitting in

Posts yes there's always gonna be a silly post but gets a tad tedious when most are

Anyway think it's getting off topic again and I'm no getting the blame of that this time

As I said maybe take another wee break until you actually think 1 day

Wonder what's going on ... On fab these days?

X

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Alot of the (im guessing here) things that made you take a break have been exaserbated do as you have always done be yourself. certain quarters may not like that but that is not your concern as for positvity we dont have to be positive about everything life aint rainbows and butterflys some folk do prefer to talk about varied topical Iissues I know ya got a thick skin so be yourself and who knows where it will go

over a year ago

I took a break as I needed to concentrate on more important things. I've come back under a slightly different name and am posting very little in comparison to before. I was the "time out king" at one point for very little reason. Exciting though it can be I just don't think as a single FAB is for me anymore as we are all tarred with the same brush. I hope to be proved wrong but I'm sick of sending out twenty odd respectful emails to see them deleted, not read and very occasionally replied to. I do fine sexwise in the real world. Maybe just need to find a fem who's up for a couples profile....

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

The site has evolved so have the members. To try and recreate the past is a fools mission.

Better to embrace the positives, there are many.

over a year ago

"The site has evolved so have the members. To try and recreate the past is a fools mission.

"

Simply put _iew but very apt .

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/08/14 14:58:07]

over a year ago

"The site has evolved so have the members. To try and recreate the past is a fools mission.

"

Think thats a large part of it sub-consciously certainly, comparing with past better times.

This thread in itself is a nice example of folks simply being a help/ nice, without my demanding niceness. Thanks all.

over a year ago

"I took a break as I needed to concentrate on more important things. I've come back under a slightly different name and am posting very little in comparison to before. I was the "time out king" at one point for very little reason. Exciting though it can be I just don't think as a single FAB is for me anymore as we are all tarred with the same brush. I hope to be proved wrong but I'm sick of sending out twenty odd respectful emails to see them deleted, not read and very occasionally replied to. I do fine sexwise in the real world. Maybe just need to find a fem who's up for a couples profile...."
i wonder why single guys think it's any easier being a cpl?

Believe me .... Way harder.

over a year ago

"Took a break for a few months.

"

Your title is 'Trying to stay positive' but how bad is it? Staying positive is usually reserved for bad things. You're just feeling a bit left out by the sounds of it.

To be honest, if some of the chat / vibes / rapport you had with people before you took a break isn't there then perhaps the people you were talking to didn't feel the same connection.

From what I've read on other threads, there seems to be a much much higher turnover of people on here now that at any other time and maybe people aren't forming the same connection they used to, even in the couple of months since you've been away?

By *rjandmrskCouple
over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire

Site is deffo so different from what it was a few years back. Only you can decide if you are getting what you want from it or not. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. K x

over a year ago

Site is definitely different nowadays. Used to be a much greater number of people posting in the forums and chatting in the chat room. To us, just the same folk that post all the time now, and the chat room seems to have died completely. But, as has been said, people change, including us, so the site is bound to change.

over a year ago

I think in life it changes so why not in here some people change for the good some for the worst I actually enjoy coming on the forum if it wasn't for the bruisums I probably would never have known they were there have also met a lot of lovely people at socials drinks,nights & cjs just because of joining in on the forum so I think it's a positive

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

It will come to you Aston. It never really left you. Just be patient and the threads that interest you more will come along and bring out the best in you

Post new Message to Thread