Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Edinburgh

Jump to newest

By *adybee77 OP   Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

I am not looking for a meet (just to get that out of the way) but I am down in edinburgh for a course the first 2 weekends in sept, can anyone advise of decent but fairly cheap accom near the leith/ferry road area? Possibly for the friday nights, def for the saturdays.

Maybe just me, or maybe me and the other half.

Thanks in advance (Oh and please PM)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

loads of BnB's halfway down leith walk. There's also a holiday inn at Ocean Terminal.

Depending on your budget I could reccomend others. I used to run some backpackers and hotels in leith and the west end there x

By *adybee77 OP   Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

ideally about £50 per night... everywhere I can find seems to be £100+ which I just can't justify for 4 nights for a training course...

I'm actually contemplating the youth hostel, and just coming down myself but not sure of parking availability etc.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

after the festival the hotels will review all their pricing. Use trivago to get the biggest list.

find the ones there in your price range + or - £10 and take note.

Then try Hostelworld and Hostelbookers. A lot of BnBs and hotels use em too and check (prices are per person so beware)

3rdly- Go to the actual website of the Hotel and see what their standard tarriff is and if its cheaper than advertised on a site then call them up. Smaller businesses might give a wee discount if you repeat book but you can't guarantee if you'll like the place till you're in

x - If ye need a hand P.M. me

Post new Message to Thread