Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Time wasters

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For the first time on here we have cancelled a meet we had planned for sat because of time wasting by some single guys.

From not wanting to send facepics, show veris and some actually being attached has out us off.

We have single guys on our FL that are brilliant and will meet in the future (flurry) etc but can understand when they can't meet as they have a life outside of fabs.

As we said , it's the first time we have been messed around that much where we have just thrown in the towel, we have saw the word time waster used on here a lot ESP from cpls, we now feel your pain

Sorry for the moan but we are just disappointed that we have cancelled our meet plans

Ah well cinema and home to twiddle our thumbs lol with each other xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *wiftieeMan
over a year ago

near Glasgow

I'm not having a go at you, but from past experience, you now know something of what the decent single guys around here have to put up with.

For all categories, guys women and couples who are actively meeting, it's a constant 'ing out' process, separating the timewasters and fantasists from the genuine.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What i notice is that due to the large volume of single guys who aren't genuine it becomes harder to organise fun - main reason i see is that people don't chat for long enough and try and gauge if someones genuine or not.

Obviously some do chat for a while and still get there time wasted but I've been on here over 3 years and never had my time wasted or wasted anyones time. Maybe I'm just good at guessing who is a time waster who knows.

There are decent genuine single guys out there - finding them must be the hard part due to sheer numbers of guys.

Reading peoples verifications and see how long they've been on the site is what i tend to do.

Good luck going forward

over a year ago

Thanks for the messages guys, we know you 2 are genuine because of the people you have met.

We can understand your point on the amount of guys joining making it harder fir genuine guys like yourselves.

X

over a year ago

We have been here for nearly 3 yrs, we also find it hard to get cpls to meet at the weekend, that's why we go to clubs now,

We have also tried to hold parties but it's always single guys and never cpls,

I have had to cancel when I meet on my own as my real life can get in the way,

Timewastrs and pic collectors are part and parcel of fab, always make a back up plan or go to the socials,

over a year ago

Good advice with the back up plan, I think we will stick with our single males FL for the next while as the Mrs likes her single male play.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I really do think it's all down to the selection process.

Always take your time to get to know people I mean a few weeks at least not just by the exchange of a a few emails,as Greg has said take your time to suss people out.

Maybe arrange a social meet before fun and you won't go far wrong.

Good luck

over a year ago

Miss dynamite sound advice , we usually start chatting 2-3 weeks out, and have never had problems like this before.

We have never done a last min meet either with the exception of a guy we have already met

Hopefully the time wasting us just a one off x

over a year ago

I always get a wee bit pissed off when I see this happening to couples as it only further increases the stigma suffered by genuine single guys on here. Sorry to hear you've been mucked about like this.

over a year ago

I have a really complicated life with work, University, kids an ex wife who works as a midwife in an under staffed hospital and she does a lot of last minute overtime . i personally have cancelled meet at the last minute as i pick up the slack with the kid's but i feel the people who gave me a second chance thought it was well worth it

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Irrespective of gender its selection process that garners friends here. The other point you must remember most of the apparant single males on this site are far from single which further muddys the waters take time learn about then first unless its just animalistic sex if thats the case make sure by veris that they turn up and not just camwank

over a year ago

"I always get a wee bit pissed off when I see this happening to couples as it only further increases the stigma suffered by genuine single guys on here. Sorry to hear you've been mucked about like this."

over a year ago

"Irrespective of gender its selection process that garners friends here. The other point you must remember most of the apparant single males on this site are far from single which further muddys the waters take time learn about then first unless its just animalistic sex if thats the case make sure by veris that they turn up and not just camwank "

So true.

I personally feel about 90% of single guys, girls and couples are timewasters.

It's part of fab and its something we have to put up with as there is no sure way of getting rid of them. But to be honest of all the hassle, (even two meets cancelled after each other on the same night), when you do meet someone genuine it is so much worth it.

Anyways everyone have fun

I'm away to Asda to see if there is deals going on cucumbers and Lurpak

Loves all the genuine ones, even the genuine ones who have to cancel

over a year ago

So you are saying only 10% people actually do meet on here then

over a year ago

"I always get a wee bit pissed off when I see this happening to couples as it only further increases the stigma suffered by genuine single guys on here. Sorry to hear you've been mucked about like this."

By *rjandmrskCouple
over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire

Chatting and banter is great u get a feel for what they are really like. Normal conversation too not just what u into! Patience from them too as well as us. We all have lives that get in way. We have had to put our meets on hold for now due to me having a minor op but we are upfront and said on profile and still chatting for future meets. We have had 3 cpls this year waste our time and no single guys so Hang in there. Mrs K x

over a year ago

"Chatting and banter is great u get a feel for what they are really like. Normal conversation too not just what u into! Patience from them too as well as us. We all have lives that get in way. We have had to put our meets on hold for now due to me having a minor op but we are upfront and said on profile and still chatting for future meets. We have had 3 cpls this year waste our time and no single guys so Hang in there. Mrs K x"

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I do believe guys make their own destiny on here.

I never have nor would I judge one guy over another's actions just because one guy is and idiot or timewaster doesn't mean they all are.

Us women ain't as stupid as we look and know the good guys from the bad

over a year ago

We have had the same problems with single guys. Some talk the talk and that's it but others are more deceitful with the lies that always get found out.

We have often thought of leaving but the good ones make it worth sticking around for.

Mr

over a year ago

I'm a single genuine guy. Honest, descreet, funny, sarcastic, cheeky. But because I'm not in the coutnry that much meets are a bit difficult. But what makes them even more difficult when I am here is people that view your profile but hide their own, thus not giving my the opportunity to read a bit about them and see if there would be any point in winking / messaging them.

Post new Message to Thread