Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Where did they go?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Non fab related question :

My cuddly, affectionate 2 year old son is now will into his early teens.

The age where mums are embarrassing and are only ever talked to behind closed doors. Heaven forbid you are seen talking to your mum in public!

My question is, do the cuddles ever return, does there come an age in a boy/mans life when it's ok to give or be seen to give "your old mum" a cuddle again?

I miss them.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/08/14 13:11:16]

over a year ago

I always give mummy a cuddle and am 32 xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Non fab related question :

My cuddly, affectionate 2 year old son is now will into his early teens.

The age where mums are embarrassing and are only ever talked to behind closed doors. Heaven forbid you are seen talking to your mum in public!

My question is, do the cuddles ever return, does there come an age in a boy/mans life when it's ok to give or be seen to give "your old mum" a cuddle again?

I miss them.

"

I must admit I'm fortunate that they never stopped.

My kids are 19.23 and 26 and still kiss and give hugs daily.

But I'm sure they still show you everyday how much they love you xx

By *dub67Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Teens years are stressful in away. In others you see them growing up and working on finding there way in life. Yes you need to be there for them. But don't crowd them either.

My ex left me and the kids when the youngest was 13.

Balance is a good word. Yes love them to bits give them a hug . But start giving them some freedom to. Hey every everybody is different .

over a year ago

I have a 34 and 32 yr olds

34yr old is a boy and a father himself now and has always remained true to his mother. Yes he went through the teenage shit with one argument after the other but grew out of it when he left his teens

My daughter was raped at 13 at has never trusted anyone since. We had a daddy daughter bond that was so close. She fell into a Cocaine habit aged 21 and then into an abusive relationship that broke her and myself up for 4 years.

Thankfully this week she came back to me and with a 15 month old son.

So yes most kids stay true

That said my mother is the biggest cunt on this earth and I left home 4 times before I was 16. I did eventually leave when I was legal to do so and have never looked back.

Everyone in the family I have spoken to since says he never changed/ learned it moved on from it.

Yes kids go through a tough time as a teenager but depends on how you react as a parent to the tantrums.

Remember it's only for a very short time in their life.

over a year ago

"I have a 34 and 32 yr olds

34yr old is a boy and a father himself now and has always remained true to his mother. Yes he went through the teenage shit with one argument after the other but grew out of it when he left his teens

My daughter was raped at 13 at has never trusted anyone since. We had a daddy daughter bond that was so close. She fell into a Cocaine habit aged 21 and then into an abusive relationship that broke her and myself up for 4 years.

Thankfully this week she came back to me and with a 15 month old son.

So yes most kids stay true

That said my mother is the biggest cunt on this earth and I left home 4 times before I was 16. I did eventually leave when I was legal to do so and have never looked back.

Everyone in the family I have spoken to since says he never changed/ learned it moved on from it.

Yes kids go through a tough time as a teenager but depends on how you react as a parent to the tantrums.

Remember it's only for a very short time in their life.

"

I can't even begin to imagine what you & your family have gone through. Puts my whine about not getting cuddles anymore into perspective. It's wonderful that your daughter is back in your life again and with a special addition to the family

over a year ago

Kisses and cuddles have never stopped for me

My 2 boys are 17 and 15 and they never leave the house nor go to bed without giving me kisses and cuddle

Hang in there i'm sure they will return soon

over a year ago

My daughter is 20 this year and wasn't a cuddly child from around 9 but she will give me a hug now when I see her and when I leave shes now got an 18th old daughter and the bond between them is beautiful to watch so I think she now realises that she does enjoy the closeness after all these years . Nothing like a mothers love for me . I still kiss and hug my parents every time I see them and say I love you to them on the phone also .

Shelley xx

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

My eldest is 13 and still gives me more hugs than my 5 year old!! Lol

But there are also the strops from all 3 of them and I'm hoping they will grow out of it by the time they hit 20ish

over a year ago

My son never stopped, although during the teenage years hugs and kisses would only take place in private or under cover of darkness! Lol...We hug and kiss every day and I regularly get a pat on the head too and the enquiry "How's life down there?"

Now 24 and looking forward to his own imminent parenthood I know he'll be a warm and loving daddy. Hugs are so important to me....I grew up without them, my mother very dismissive of open displays of affection. It has always saddened me....

over a year ago

Thank you for the comments.

From all the posts it looks like it's just a phase and the cuddles will return. Just makes them even more special when I do get them.

Think cuddles are so important or as you say even just a friendly pat on the head.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"My son never stopped, although during the teenage years hugs and kisses would only take place in private or under cover of darkness! Lol...We hug and kiss every day and I regularly get a pat on the head too and the enquiry "How's life down there?"

Now 24 and looking forward to his own imminent parenthood I know he'll be a warm and loving daddy. Hugs are so important to me....I grew up without them, my mother very dismissive of open displays of affection. It has always saddened me.... "

One of my sons is 6.5" jinty he stands with his elbow on my head whens hes messing about speaking to me lol xx

over a year ago

My son still gives me cuddles and he's 14 , my daughter on the other hand is a different kettle of fish!!! Twelve and a hormonal nightmare never been cuddly and never likely to be

over a year ago

My three are so cuddly and I hope they continue to be that way, but they're still wee and I expect the teenage years to take a toll on the hugs lol my eldest is almost 8 and is a stroppy wee sod the majority of the time, but is always cuddling in anyways

I didn't get hugs as a kid from parents or siblings, so I've been aware of making sure my three always get lots. And its just the sweetest thing when they randomly give each other cuddles!

Lx

over a year ago

"My three are so cuddly and I hope they continue to be that way, but they're still wee and I expect the teenage years to take a toll on the hugs lol my eldest is almost 8 and is a stroppy wee sod the majority of the time, but is always cuddling in anyways

I didn't get hugs as a kid from parents or siblings, so I've been aware of making sure my three always get lots. And its just the sweetest thing when they randomly give each other cuddles!

Lx "

So true, you have had them "Up to HERE", ready to throw the towel in & leave them to it and one wee cuddle between them or to you and it all melts away

over a year ago

"So true, you have had them "Up to HERE", ready to throw the towel in & leave them to it and one wee cuddle between them or to you and it all melts away "

Exactly! My son is nuts and causes me so much stress its unreal, but one wee cuddle and I melt, just reminds me what's important

Lx

over a year ago

I have 2 daughters, one 19 and one 10. I can be in the foulest mood possible and all it takes, quite literally, is for either of them to "snoogle" in to dad and say those three magic words "I love you" and there's hee haw else matters in the world. God I'm a pushover!

over a year ago

"My son never stopped, although during the teenage years hugs and kisses would only take place in private or under cover of darkness! Lol...We hug and kiss every day and I regularly get a pat on the head too and the enquiry "How's life down there?"

Now 24 and looking forward to his own imminent parenthood I know he'll be a warm and loving daddy. Hugs are so important to me....I grew up without them, my mother very dismissive of open displays of affection. It has always saddened me.... One of my sons is 6.5" jinty he stands with his elbow on my head whens hes messing about speaking to me lol xx "

Mines 6.4" ! I have to stand on a box to skelp his lug these days! His missus is 6ft. Its like Land of the Giants....

Post new Message to Thread