Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

iprompted from another thread

Jump to newest

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

i know this is going to sound heartless but it is something i wonder about and would like to see others views on the subject of mankinds massive impact on the planet due tolongevity. with massive movements forward in medicine and everyone living longer its placing a massive strain on the planet in comparrison to the 1800s there was around 1 billion we currently run around 15 billion where does it stop. alot of the academic society think that is where nature is bringing new diseases as we are no longer being thinned out. or is everyone happy to keep going till there must be a nanny state placed on everyone one child per female then instant snip bringing the big brother state even further down the line

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

You raise an interesting point but in china they have had the one child rule for years and are now relaxing it because they have worked out that of they don't, there won't be enough taxes collected to pay for their aging population.

I don't think it's heartless to suggest that the planet only has a limited amount of space and finite resources. It struggles to keep the people on it now so it makes sense that it will struggle if the population keeps increasing

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Man created the issue with greater advances in medicine, and ultimately mankind will be it's own downfall. Diseases will mutate, medicines won't have time to catch up and it will either cause massive death or overpopulation. 80% of the world is water, and countries are sinking due to global warming. Something has got to give. When it does - go to the highlands of Scotland, or Mont Blanc.

Jeez I sounded intelligent there... For a nanosecond.

over a year ago

"Man created the issue with greater advances in medicine, and ultimately mankind will be it's own downfall. Diseases will mutate, medicines won't have time to catch up and it will either cause massive death or overpopulation. 80% of the world is water, and countries are sinking due to global warming. Something has got to give. When it does - go to the highlands of Scotland, or Mont Blanc.

Jeez I sounded intelligent there... For a nanosecond. "

over a year ago

Pops head in mmmm I don't think so

over a year ago

Money makes the world go round

Wheres Wheres a demand for houses...medicine...drugs....anything there will always be a way to profide it.

By *anbrCouple
over a year ago

Edinburgh

google the "Georgia Guidestones". A monument that was erected in 1980- gives rules for a new world order. No-one has taken credit/ responsibility for commissioning or erecting it

By *issyForDommeTV/TS
over a year ago

glasgow

15 billion? That's a tad high, the world population has only just past the 7 billion mark in the last couple of years. I do agree though that something's got to give eventually

over a year ago

At first reading it would seem OP has made mistake but I think he's quoting projections if we follow current trends rather than stating we're currently at 15 billion.

There are some theories that population growth is not the issue but population distribution.

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

yes made a mistake 15 billion is the maximum load capacity the earth is likly to be able to sustain (involves everyone becoming a vegetarian) lol as carnivores apparently we are already close to the tipping point as it takes more grain and vegetation to sustain our animals the main point of the post for me was where do folk see us turning around or as some have said survival of the weathiest ??

over a year ago

Impending doom over population increases have long been stated (check Malthusian theory). It's difficult so accurately predict such changes so let's go with...we'll be alright

By *ola cubes OP   Man
over a year ago

coatbridge

"Impending doom over population increases have long been stated (check Malthusian theory). It's difficult so accurately predict such changes so let's go with...we'll be alright "
malthusian theory is what i was reading thogh for me unfortunatly im with the train of thought that in some ways mother nature has to be allowed to sort itself out

Post new Message to Thread