Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

RIP Stephen Sutton

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just seen on Sky news that the brave 19 year old has just lost his life after raising over 3million pounds towards cancer research for sick kids

Gives us even more reason to raise funds towards cancer research and making our Macmillan night in on the 31st even more important sadly we won't raise 3 mil but every penny counts

Beauty & Geek

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

shame he was a great role model and raised a superb amount as you say every penny counts and your night is in the very best spirit good on you guys am sure everyone appreciates your efforts

over a year ago

Not being a bitch here but promoting a social night while paying respects to someone that's just passed away... Dunno that doesn't sit right with me.

Anyways RIP Steven, knew of him through a friend who battled cancer so I know how much he put in to raise awareness and I hope he is in a better place xx

over a year ago

no yo are certainly not being a bitch you are correct but think its fair to say this event is all about raising money for macmillain rather than a social well is for me anyway

over a year ago

Cancer is a bad bad disease a lot if respect for his bravery and the amount if effort he out into was so amazing sleep tight mate

over a year ago

So sad, he was definitely an inspiration for everyone. Rip angel xx

And yes you guys are doing a great thing by hosting this night xx

over a year ago

Well done youse. Two hope you raise a lot of money.. Never new much about. This lad, but always. Sad to hear of sumones. Passing. Joined a little. Group. Last year and we say fu#k cancer!!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

Just heard he died. He was just a normal teenager who wanted to help make a difference by raising some money - and by god didn't he do a great job

RIP

over a year ago

"Just heard he died. He was just a normal teenager who wanted to help make a difference by raising some money - and by god didn't he do a great job

RIP "

over a year ago

"Just heard he died. He was just a normal teenager who wanted to help make a difference by raising some money - and by god didn't he do a great job

RIP "

Raising £3million? RIP

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

RIP

Raising £3million? RIP"

£3million is a good job in my book

over a year ago

What a legacy for anyone to leave.

The money he has raised will help so many other young cancer sufferers, and he is a fantastic example of how to live.

RIP

over a year ago

So sad indeed RIP young man a remarkable achievement indeed.

And I think the macmillan night in is personal to both hosts and most people attending, rather than a social in my view. So well done to them and anyone who is willing to set aside time and open their home to such a great cause xx

over a year ago

Rip dude. Sad loss, such a terrible disease.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

sleep well sweet angel x

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

What a special person RIP

By *un be happyCouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Rip xx

over a year ago

"So sad indeed RIP young man a remarkable achievement indeed.

And I think the macmillan night in is personal to both hosts and most people attending, rather than a social in my view. So well done to them and anyone who is willing to set aside time and open their home to such a great cause xx

"

over a year ago

"

Yup lost my mother to cancer plus a few friends, also my best friend managed to meet cancer (hopefully she will make it along for being a muggle)

Our "social" will cost us a fair bit before the front door is even open, it's a fundraiser, not a social!!

Any doubters? Feel free to open your one bedroom flat to the whole of local fabbers?!?

That said, we are doing this to raise funds to a well deserved charity to which all is welcome x

Geek

over a year ago

And I think the macmillan night in is personal to both hosts and most people attending, rather than a social in my view. So well done to themselves and anyone who is willing to set aside time and open their home to such a great cause xx

Yup lost my mother to cancer plus a few friends, also my best friend managed to meet cancer (hopefully she will make it along for being a muggle)

Our "social" will cost us a fair bit before the front door is even open, it's a fundraiser, not a social!!

Any doubters? Feel free to open your one bedroom flat to the whole of local fabbers?!?

That said, we are doing this to raise funds to a well deserved charity to which all is welcome x

Geek "

Well said! We lost our grandparents to cancer and always do what we can to help support the cause!

We take our hats off to you both for giving us the opportunity to give to a very worthy cause!

over a year ago

Geek "

Full credit to anyone who takes the time to arrange anything like this, its hard work but I'm 100% sure it will be a fantastic night with great company & raising money. Well done guys honestly xx

over a year ago

I've lost family members too, I'm just saying, it should be a thread to respect Steven... Anyways... Enjoy your fundraiser

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman
over a year ago

Glenrothes

I lost my aunt and mum to cancer 8 years ago and then my best friend the following year. On Sunday morning, by neighbour's wife passed away weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer. It's a terrible disease and the courage and determination shown by this young man certainly puts me to shame. Good luck for the McMillan night, because it's all to raise money to help fight this awful disease. RIP to a very brave young man.

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

As well as the money raised Stephen ticked off a fantastic amount of 'bucket list' items - he probably did more in his relatively short life than most of us ever achieve. RIP.

over a year ago

"

I had a mcmillan night in a few weeks ago we raised just under £300 money we would have spent on booze food ect we donated played on the wii ect What a great night for a great cause x

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I lost my aunt and mum to cancer 8 years ago and then my best friend the following year. On Sunday morning, by neighbour's wife passed away weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer. It's a terrible disease and the courage and determination shown by this young man certainly puts me to shame. Good luck for the McMillan night, because it's all to raise money to help fight this awful disease. RIP to a very brave young man."
Totally agree we have all been touched in some way by cancer.

what this young an did with the time he had left was a true inspiration to many and a legacy that will live on well after he has gone.

There are thousands of Mcmillan nights being held all over the place so just because someone on here has arranged one does not make it wrong.

Im sure it will be a fantasic night and im sure many attending will have a wee toast or a silent thought to those who they are trying to help and im sure a special toast will be made for this wonderful young man in putting so much time and effort into what he has achieved .

Rest in peace young man a true inspiration

over a year ago

"I lost my aunt and mum to cancer 8 years ago and then my best friend the following year. On Sunday morning, by neighbour's wife passed away weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer. It's a terrible disease and the courage and determination shown by this young man certainly puts me to shame. Good luck for the McMillan night, because it's all to raise money to help fight this awful disease. RIP to a very brave young man.Totally agree we have all been touched in some way by cancer.

what this young an did with the time he had left was a true inspiration to many and a legacy that will live on well after he has gone.

There are thousands of Mcmillan nights being held all over the place so just because someone on here has arranged one does not make it wrong.

Im sure it will be a fantasic night and im sure many attending will have a wee toast or a silent thought to those who they are trying to help and im sure a special toast will be made for this wonderful young man in putting so much time and effort into what he has achieved .

Rest in peace young man a true inspiration "

over a year ago

Can I just point out I'm not saying the fundraiser is wrong... I just thought it was a little disrespectful to promote it when you're respecting the dead etc....

By *omma49Man
over a year ago

GLASGOW

having attended 6 family funerals between 1995 and 2000, two of whom where my parents, who both died from cancer as did the other four family members, can I just say this poor young guy dying is very sad, although while he was here he helped to raise money and awareness of cancer, and hopefully one day there will be a cure for cancer which devastates family's all over the world at one time or another

over a year ago

"Can I just point out I'm not saying the fundraiser is wrong... I just thought it was a little disrespectful to promote it when you're respecting the dead etc.... "

Think promoting is the wrong word. I think what geek was meaning is that it just shows how important fundraising and research is if there is ever gonna be a cure for this incrediably heartless diesease that shatters so many peoples lifes. It was my idea to have this night as ive been lucky enough my dad came threw cancer but i know many others who havent been as lucky

Beauty xxx

over a year ago

"Can I just point out I'm not saying the fundraiser is wrong... I just thought it was a little disrespectful to promote it when you're respecting the dead etc....

Think promoting is the wrong word. I think what geek was meaning is that it just shows how important fundraising and research is if there is ever gonna be a cure for this incrediably heartless diesease that shatters so many peoples lifes. It was my idea to have this night as ive been lucky enough my dad came threw cancer but i know many others who havent been as lucky

Beauty xxx"

over a year ago

"Can I just point out I'm not saying the fundraiser is wrong... I just thought it was a little disrespectful to promote it when you're respecting the dead etc.... "

Can totally understand your point of view on this one and would like to think everyone myself included are being respectful to the sad passing of this brave young man personally I think its fitting his amazing fundraising work has touched so many of us and found a way into our lives.

I understand your point tho I really do as the hosts have both said I genuinely don't believ. this post was anything other than a way for people on here to pay their respects and in their own way continue to raise awareness and slowly but surely help to best this most cruel of diseases.

Rest in peace young man

over a year ago

"Can I just point out I'm not saying the fundraiser is wrong... I just thought it was a little disrespectful to promote it when you're respecting the dead etc....

Beauty xxx"

As I said wasn't meaning to sound a bitch was just how it came across to me. I respect your reply and good luck with it, it is a heartless disease x

Post new Message to Thread