Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Avoiding...

Jump to newest

By *il_Lou90 OP   Woman
over a year ago

falkirk

Advice needed and avoiding names or account types so im not naming/shaming.

Basically a user informed me about another account being dodgy and for my own safety I should avoid said account.

Talking with a friend on a chatsite (wont say which one to avoid advertising) who said I was being naïve and silly to avoid accounts linked to that one and that I shouldn't let that stop me.

So advice. Am I being silly or naïve to avoid other accounts linked to the one I have been told is dodgy?

I will not name any names cause I know naming and shaming is wrong, im only after advice to what im doing is right/wrong.

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Go with your gut instinct .if it seems dodgy/wrong then play it safe for you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Go with your gut instinct .if it seems dodgy/wrong then play it safe for you "

Reply privately

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Advice needed and avoiding names or account types so im not naming/shaming.

Basically a user informed me about another account being dodgy and for my own safety I should avoid said account.

Talking with a friend on a chatsite (wont say which one to avoid advertising) who said I was being naïve and silly to avoid accounts linked to that one and that I shouldn't let that stop me.

So advice. Am I being silly or naïve to avoid other accounts linked to the one I have been told is dodgy?

I will not name any names cause I know naming and shaming is wrong, im only after advice to what im doing is right/wrong."

If its a well trusted friend then take their advice ,id appreciate my friends telling me of profiles to avoid on here and and id also let my friends know of any too.

if it was a random email then take it with a pinch of salt .

Reply privately

By *il_Lou90 OP   Woman
over a year ago

falkirk

"if it was a random email then take it with a pinch of salt ."

It wasn't a trusted friend but someone I had spoken to for a little while but they did back up what they said with proof.

Thanks for the advice so far. I always do what I want anyway lol but especially when it comes to my own safety.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think it depends on why the profile was dodgy. Far too many people on here shit stir and spread rumours for their own amusement

Reply privately

By *il_Lou90 OP   Woman
over a year ago

falkirk

"I think it depends on why the profile was dodgy. Far too many people on here shit stir and spread rumours for their own amusement "

That was my initial reaction. I thought it was just jealousy or something but that's when they proved the claims so I couldn't not believe it.

On one hand its good to know people are willing to warn people about possible dangers in this day n age but without the proof id probably thought it was bull lol

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

you saw the proof

you have made your mind up.

that's the end of it.

Reply privately