Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

best thing about going to the gym?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So after a couple of months going to the gym on and off was thinking what is the best thing about the gym?

Mine is I am finaly loosing my spare tyres lol but I am sure this will change once I lost all of them!

So whats yours

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ary_ArgyllMan
over a year ago

Argyll

When you realize it is a waste of time and you can save 50 quid a month on fees just by going walking instead!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So after a couple of months going to the gym on and off was thinking what is the best thing about the gym?

Mine is I am finaly loosing my spare tyres lol but I am sure this will change once I lost all of them!

So whats yours "

The cafeteria

Gym bores the life out me. Lol I like to exercise my mouth more than my legs

over a year ago

Leaving to go play sports. I really struggle with the gym, I find myself bored within ten minutes.

Wish I had the discipline for it.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Just the all round feeling of wellbeing that comes from it. I'm definitely not a gym lover, it can feel like a chore heading there but it's worthwhile

over a year ago

"When you realize it is a waste of time and you can save 50 quid a month on fees just by going walking instead! "

see I walk all day for a living lol also I go to a wee locol gym 22.50 a month and the women that go are tasty to

over a year ago

gave up my gym membership, money I save almost pays for a holiday. do some sprint running a couple of times a week and some bodyweight exercises 5 times a week now to keep in shape

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I go because it's pretty cheap & it's on campus. The best things about it are the girls that go & being able to eat the food I like relatively guilt free when I get home I'm more info sports than the gym, but doing the classes can be ok when you get some banter going.

By *horstrollMan
over a year ago

Caprona

The sheer buzz of different daily workout. Shame i hate walking, its free to do.

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

It has a coffee n cake shop

over a year ago

God know what I will do once I loss all the weight hope I keep gping so I dont put it back on lol

By *ucycuteTV/TS
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Having a target date for when you need to be absolute at maximum peak fitness and also the shower at end when you've just completed a great workout

over a year ago

Hmm I had a membership for Glasgow clubs, for 6 months from GP referral scheme cos I was a hefelump... I just used the pool. Was intimidated about going into the gym bit.

I had a rowing machine abroad and was on that a lot, and I used skipping ropes and hula hoop. Did stretches and stuff. I have lost and kept off my weight doing another sort of tough exercise though.

over a year ago

Finishing

over a year ago

I enjoy the classes and the feeling of achievement after every workout. Ohh and seeing my body shape change for the better, much sexier

over a year ago

The workout me sane, endorphines keep me happy, achievement keeps me going and the lycra makes me feel slim lol

over a year ago

Went to the gym 3/4 nights a week for about 3 months up until the end of 2013.

Tagged along with my bro who was going anyway,I only went to get myself out the house after relationship ended

Anyway it wasn't my cupppa T...too much like hard work,so the best thing for me about it was going home and sitting my arse on the sofa lol

I get plenty exercise at my graft to keep me trim anyway so I'm happy enough with that

over a year ago

Eyeing up women and men

over a year ago

"Eyeing up women "

Aye and this,although there weren't many women at this gym.Think I saw about 4 lasses the whole time I was there lol

If you'd been there I'd still be going now

By *rs Robinson no 1Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

the best thing about going to the gym....for me is to be in the company of hot fit sweaty men!

over a year ago

Perving the women, getting time away from munchkins and feeling that wee boost from working out. I dont enjoy going to the gym so im trying out other ways to lose weight n keep fit.

Lx

over a year ago

Perving ! Lol got to be the best bit by far !

By *estheticly_pleasingMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The gains!!!! Getting that pump, the feeling when your skin feels tight and the muscle is gonna pop out. It's orgasmic like I'm cumming. The exhaustion, sweat dripping off you, walking out the gym knowing you've smashed it and left everything in there.

The cunts that are mirin.

over a year ago

For me it's loosing nearly 2 stone since Christmas and everything feeling tight once you've finished. I've still got a long way to go but I really enjoy going for the hour after work before I head home.

Last night I did my first unassisted, proper pull-up now this might not sound impressive but for a guy who couldn't come close to even doing one when I started in january, I'm pleased with that.

Each to their own though, some people prefer cake.

over a year ago

"For me it's loosing nearly 2 stone since Christmas and everything feeling tight once you've finished. I've still got a long way to go but I really enjoy going for the hour after work before I head home.

Last night I did my first unassisted, proper pull-up now this might not sound impressive but for a guy who couldn't come close to even doing one when I started in january, I'm pleased with that.

Each to their own though, some people prefer cake. "

Go you! Thats impressive indeed. I wouldnt even attempt to do one, dont wanna embarrass myself any more than i need to lol

Lx

over a year ago

"The gains!!!! Getting that pump, the feeling when your skin feels tight and the muscle is gonna pop out. It's orgasmic like I'm cumming. The exhaustion, sweat dripping off you, walking out the gym knowing you've smashed it and left everything in there.

"

aye nae bother arnie. quote straight oot eh pumping iron. gyms for mugs get down the park do pull ups dips and push ups. youtube hannibal for king never touched a weight in his life.

over a year ago

I've lost 6 stone since Christmas after being injured for 14 months, I'd say the feeling of accomplishment and confidence boost afterwards justifies the hard work put in. Not to mention the hot women in the gym who notice the change and decide they want you as a play-thing whilst hubby is offshore... cough cough

over a year ago

Surly women in pt kit all hot and sweaty got to be most mens best thing about the gym

over a year ago

Best thing about the gym is the steam room after a set cleansing and even better with company.

By *oneythiefMan
over a year ago

Perthshire

I find people did not talk to me until I started to get toned. Worst thing is the ones who are up their own arse and admire themselves in the mirrors all the time. Best thing is communal showers lol

over a year ago

Having a perv lol

over a year ago

ive always found my gym really friendly and made loads of friends there. I think people can be a bit wary of new folk turning up as most only do it for a gesture and dont actually want to get fit

over a year ago

"ive always found my gym really friendly and made loads of friends there. I think people can be a bit wary of new folk turning up as most only do it for a gesture and dont actually want to get fit "

Im there religiously gym then swim then sauna.

By *rjandmrskCouple
over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire

I hate the gym but i like walking and just joibed a dance fitnes class so enjoying that. Mr j loves gym and golf x

over a year ago

Girls doing squats!

over a year ago

Leaving...

We both go regularly out of vanity...no other reason

over a year ago

"Leaving...

We both go regularly out of vanity...no other reason "

I also agree with the leaving part of the gym.

By *ruescotsman84Man
over a year ago

Argyll & Bute

Best thing? Hmm, well, I'm bi, so I'd argue it can be a free perv with good looking people all over the place. Or the showers. Or, oh yeah, the exercise...

By *estheticly_pleasingMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The gains!!!! Getting that pump, the feeling when your skin feels tight and the muscle is gonna pop out. It's orgasmic like I'm cumming. The exhaustion, sweat dripping off you, walking out the gym knowing you've smashed it and left everything in there.

aye nae bother arnie. quote straight oot eh pumping iron. gyms for mugs get down the park do pull ups dips and push ups. youtube hannibal for king never touched a weight in his life."

He's got no calfs but.

over a year ago

"I find people did not talk to me until I started to get toned."

i know the feeling pal! & those people DO judge a book by it's cover!

By *homasP80Man
over a year ago

Linwood

"Leaving to go play sports. I really struggle with the gym, I find myself bored within ten minutes.

Wish I had the discipline for it."

Yea, I find that true. I got a "pay as you use" card for the gym, been twice in like 6 months. I get bored easily using the equipment. On the treadmill, running no-where. On the bike machine to no where etc, etc. I prefer to go for a jog on the cycle path near me, I feel as if I can run further that I would at the gym. Prefer the fresh air (better that a stale/sweaty gym), seeing nice scenery etc.

I'd hate to sign up for an expensive gym membership, then only use the gym a handful of times for the whole year. There must be plenty of people that have done that.

over a year ago

Great wee gym I use in prestwick no signing up for the year just a month to month! I am getting every penny's worth 2 to 4 times a week for 25 poinds a month

Post new Message to Thread