Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

flashed

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can someone plz tell me how long it takes to get ur letter through the post after you get flashed by a speed camera.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Has to be within 14 days by law....

So im told!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Can someone plz tell me how long it takes to get ur letter through the post after you get flashed by a speed camera. "
your one lucky shite

over a year ago

Is it not 3 months?????

over a year ago

Tis 14.....exception is if vehicle is from a hired company

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"Can someone plz tell me how long it takes to get ur letter through the post after you get flashed by a speed camera.

your one lucky shite "

Why she marry you then!!!

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

14 days or longer

•if extra time is needed for the police to act with 'reasonable diligence' to find out who the registered keeper is and how to contact them; or

•if the delay was the driver’s fault, for example because they have not told the DVLA of a recent change of address.

hope this helps

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Was it on A90 too many camera's on there

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

In England, if you don't get it within 14 days you can usually get off it on the technicality.

However, in Scotland, they only need to prove it was sent. Even if you can prove it was never delivered it won't matter

over a year ago

Now they sold the post office you can relax, you'll probably never receive it!

over a year ago

Just found out that these mobile cameras cant work unless day light....fucking magic as im up the a9 early morn n down at night...tis the season for the speeding tra la la la tra la la....whoosh...up yours ya money grabbing fannies....thanks for raising this n making me google something ive wanted to know for yrs...lol just hope that van on tuesday afternoon missed me cos the operator was on fab

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Now they sold the post office you can relax, you'll probably never receive it!"

Won't matter. They send it registered post. That way they can prove they sent it and it won't matter that you never received it - bastards

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Just found out that these mobile cameras cant work unless day light....fucking magic as im up the a9 early morn n down at night...tis the season for the speeding tra la la la tra la la....whoosh...up yours ya money grabbing fannies....thanks for raising this n making me google something ive wanted to know for yrs...lol just hope that van on tuesday afternoon missed me cos the operator was on fab "

And static ones can only get you from behind. On the A2 in kent, we used to have fun triggering the speed cameras on the opposite side of the dual carriageway so they would flash some poor dumb idiot on that side by doing 56 in the outside lane with a tall lorry

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Just found out that these mobile cameras cant work unless day light....fucking magic as im up the a9 early morn n down at night...tis the season for the speeding tra la la la tra la la....whoosh...up yours ya money grabbing fannies....thanks for raising this n making me google something ive wanted to know for yrs...lol just hope that van on tuesday afternoon missed me cos the operator was on fab

And static ones can only get you from behind. On the A2 in kent, we used to have fun triggering the speed cameras on the opposite side of the dual carriageway so they would flash some poor dumb idiot on that side by doing 56 in the outside lane with a tall lorry "

That's static ones with a flash by the way, the ones at level crossings only get you from the front and DONT flash

over a year ago

Safety cameras scotland says 14days.

If they send recorded delivery then surely you should have it within 14days. You said as long as they prove they sent it, if recorded then the proof would be its arrival....confused

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I got 3points from Dumfries and scamaway in 2007. I lived in London at the time and the first I knew about it was a knock on the door at 8 am one Sunday morning when the Met came to call. It was 7 weeks after. When I questioned it I was informed that Scottish law was that it only had to be sent and that they could prove that and gave me the Royal Mail tracking number. When I looked at the Royal Mail website it said it had been returned to sender undelivered but that made no difference at all. So I ended up with 3 points

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 18/10/13 21:20:57]

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Cars in mums name but we share. Hence we don't go dogging lol, it was before 7am on a Monday

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Cars in mums name but we share. Hence we don't go dogging lol, it was before 7am on a Monday "

She will get the initial ticket. She will have to state who the driver was and return it. Then they will send a new ticket to you.

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 18/10/13 21:20:57]"

I never removed that....I called coppers tge infected and post vanished...lol

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"[Removed by poster at 18/10/13 21:20:57]

I never removed that....I called coppers tge infected and post vanished...lol"

Oops lol

over a year ago

"

And static ones can only get you from behind. On the A2 in kent, we used to have fun triggering the speed cameras on the opposite side of the dual carriageway so they would flash some poor dumb idiot on that side by doing 56 in the outside lane with a tall lorry "

I used to be said idiot, on the A1 around Haddington, flashed 3 different times before I realised it was someone on the other side.. For about a week I had that 'Aw Naww' feeling!

over a year ago

"Just found out that these mobile cameras cant work unless day light....fucking magic as im up the a9 early morn n down at night...tis the season for the speeding tra la la la tra la la....whoosh...up yours ya money grabbing fannies....thanks for raising this n making me google something ive wanted to know for yrs...lol just hope that van on tuesday afternoon missed me cos the operator was on fab "

I can tell you from experience they do work at night and anyway if they don't get you the boys in blue hiding then magically appearing up yer arse most certainly will, again from experience ... Oochya!

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Just found out that these mobile cameras cant work unless day light....fucking magic as im up the a9 early morn n down at night...tis the season for the speeding tra la la la tra la la....whoosh...up yours ya money grabbing fannies....thanks for raising this n making me google something ive wanted to know for yrs...lol just hope that van on tuesday afternoon missed me cos the operator was on fab

I can tell you from experience they do work at night and anyway if they don't get you the boys in blue hiding then magically appearing up yer arse most certainly will, again from experience ... Oochya!"

They aren't allowed to operate in the dark anymore as the flash was deemed too much of a distraction. So they can only work during daylight hours.

But yes, the boys in blue love to hide - especially in jaguar XFs in the central belt

over a year ago

Must be fairly recent thing that cos I got points and the fine in the dark prob about 8 years ago now tho

over a year ago

The vans dont flash....range 1km and as no flash cant read reg plate....so useless in dark. That's why static cameras flash to your rear

Post new Message to Thread