Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

The Ferry

Jump to newest

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

Going to The Ferry in Glasgow on Friday to see a Led Zep tribute act (sorry truth is i'm being dragged there by wife and son and his pal! ) I've never been there before.....Is it a good venue?

Anyone else going?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Pal saw them last week in dunfermline - said it was good

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

"Pal saw them last week in dunfermline - said it was good "

Thats good to hear..at least the groups good......just wondering about the ferry as a venue? I remember using the Renfrew Ferry across the water to Clydebank, cant see how it can be a venue for music?

over a year ago

It's a bit strange for a venue really!!Restraunt on the upper deck with stage and bar on the lower deck.If you're down at the stage you're never ever more than about 15 ft away from stage.Not too bad a sound.Dreadful lighting unless the band themselves have their own rig.I'm sure you'll enjoy it though!!

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

"Going to The Ferry in Glasgow on Friday to see a Led Zep tribute act (sorry truth is i'm being dragged there by wife and son and his pal! ) I've never been there before.....Is it a good venue?

Anyone else going? "

If it's busy, no. It's too small, and downstairs is awful for sound, the bars are small, and expensive.

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

Cheers Rab, Thanks Magnet for info, will grab a couple of pints before hand! lol!

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Going to The Ferry in Glasgow on Friday to see a Led Zep tribute act (sorry truth is i'm being dragged there by wife and son and his pal! ) I've never been there before.....Is it a good venue?

Anyone else going?

If it's busy, no. It's too small, and downstairs is awful for sound, the bars are small, and expensive."

But it has a certain atmosphere and charm. Better for quieter gigs in my opinion.

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

PS. Parking can be a nightmare if there's events on at SECC, Hydro etc nearby.

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

"PS. Parking can be a nightmare if there's events on at SECC, Hydro etc nearby."

Thanks Onny, taking the train, but thinking about your comment on quieter gigs! ......it's a "Led Zep" tribute, don't think its going to be quiet lol!

over a year ago

Some very loud bands play there!!!Walter Trout....very rocky blues,Focus.....all sorts of tribute bands.It'll all depend on whether it's the bands' own engineer or the house engineer!!!But it will be loud!!!Lol!!!Remember your earplugs!!!I always take some just in case.

By *latharerMan
over a year ago

Glasgow CC

It used to be a good venue for Vegas Night, great laugh....

Not sure if they still run that night though

over a year ago

love those kind of venues, ye get up and close to the band, usually end up drinking with them at the end of the night.

over a year ago

not strange for a ferry to be known as one of the great venues for tributes acts an special bands

even the actor steven seagal n his band played there

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The Ferry has been an amazing little venue over the years, despite the drawbacks previously mentioned.

One real downside is that since it's moved from the south bank to the north, it's been subject to noise limiting regulations (cos the north is closer to housing).

A sadness on my part is that when it was on the south side it 'pointed' in a direction that allowed the setting sun into the venue and created some wonderful atmospherics.

Travelling by train is a great idea. If you can be arsed working out how to do it, Anderston train station is dead handy (it's where the Expressway sits under the Kingston Bridge).

Enjoy.

over a year ago

Wee tip...

Always check your drink receipt or better still go to the bar yourself...have been before and drinks were added to the list that was never ordered but wanted paid for.

Few mate's that have been say the same

over a year ago

"Wee tip...

Always check your drink receipt or better still go to the bar yourself...have been before and drinks were added to the list that was never ordered but wanted paid for.

Few mate's that have been say the same

"

bar ant cheap

By *andj65Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Been to a couple of nights there ...pity wasn't on Sat as thought of going then...

Post new Message to Thread