Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Workplace Dress code

Jump to newest

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

In my line of work I am in and out of various workplaces, and it never ceases to amaze me what some people consider proper attire to wear to work.

Now I am all for non conforming, and freedom to chose what you wear.....BUT sometimes you just have to say to your self, "Someone should have told them!"

I am not just referring to girls who come to work dressed like they have just come/or are going straight to a nightclub, but also the guys from some seriously bad shorts to vest tops and joggies.

SO, what do you think have you seen some office faux pas? what do you consider acceptable/unacceptable at your work?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

I used to work with a lovely young lady who turned up ONCE in a denim mini, and plunging neckline halterneck top.

Very nice for her male colleagues, and one of the females too, but for the client group, elderly males who'd spent much of their lives in hospitals, it was a heart attack waiting to happen. A quiet word in her ear, and she never dressed that way again. Apart from staff nights out....

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".

Very nice for her male colleagues, and one of the females too, but for the client group, elderly males who'd spent much of their lives in hospitals, it was a heart attack waiting to happen........."

What a way to go though

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I interviewed a young lady for our front of office reception.

She was one of 6 applicants set by the agency.

The plunging neckline and well shaped cleavage added to the site

Pat on the back all round from the guys at work for choosing her...

Nah she was the only one that showed for the interview.

Shite at her job but could suck like the best Dyson

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

My last stint in an office was quite a while ago in London but I wore the same uniform as the guys outside - polo shirt and black combat trousers. They had the company logo on and always looked smart.

I uses to go to meetings and I meet clients and they always commented to the boss how it looked better than the reps dodgy shirts and suits.

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

I can be suited and booted one day and in jeans and a polo/shirt the next..but always make an effort to look smart.

Saw a girl today (who it would be safe to say does not suffer from any eating disorder) wearing stars and stripes leggings, and a pair of plimsoles. (grungie look) and one of her colleagues walks out same office suite with 6 inch heels micro dress n make up that could fill Debenhams front shop!

OK maybe you could say they have dress down Friday...but its like that whatever day of the week!

over a year ago

Our dress code is informal, jeans and converse are acceptable as long as you look presentable. There is a member of staff who thinks leggings that are cut out down the thighs, mini skirts and crop tops are suitable! Flashing too much flesh is never acceptable unless your workplace is a lapdancing club!

And guys, please leave those v-neck t-shirts cut down to your abs at home. In fact do ladies everywhere a favour and leave them in the shop!!

over a year ago

Formal for me.

Protective for workshop guys.

Not a female in sight

over a year ago

I wear a suit Monday to Thursday.....booooo

Dress down day Friday....

By *ola cubesMan
over a year ago

coatbridge

Personal preferance lots of folks wear clothes i never would but thise clothes say what they are and so fourth

By *ompip3 OP   Couple
over a year ago

Paisley

I haven't worn a shirt and tie with a suit since 1997, yet still wear a suit regularly.

The clothes don't maketh the man, and I will regularly meet company directors wearing just jeans n shirt, and I do not feel out of place or insecure.

But I would never consider going to a meeting wearing crocs, or shorts or a v neck vest top! ( keep that for the BBQ out back in the garden!)

By *eeflower69Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Jeans, top, comfy shoes and a lab coat.

over a year ago

Chef whites.

Its what goes on under thats kinkier lol

By *icentious.LibertineWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

"Jeans, top, comfy shoes and a lab coat. "

Same here

Lab coat chic !

By *eeflower69Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Jeans, top, comfy shoes and a lab coat.

Same here

Lab coat chic !

"

Post new Message to Thread