FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Mass Debate: Should Scotland get its independence?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Personally I don't think the Scottish government is giving people enough information to allow them to decide properly so my opinion is no! Although I think Scotland deserves it!

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No, there is a list of pros for it, but the list of cons completely outweighs it! Also this letting 16 years olds vote for it but then not letting them not vote for elections, just proves that the only reason they are letting them is to let the younger people who are all set on we are Scottish we should be independent vote, so it goes through

Scott

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am Scottish through and through, love my country, wear a kilt regularly, have a Scottish tattoo etc etc but i think we shouldn't have our independence. In theory it would be great but in financial terms and practical i don't think it would work. Head needs to rule the heart on this decision

Reply privately

over a year ago

And another No from me

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

And it's a no from me

Now we just wait for the "if you don't want independence your not really Scottish" crew to come along

Reply privately

over a year ago

"And it's a no from me

Now we just wait for the "if you don't want independence your not really Scottish" crew to come along "

my heart says i would love independence but my head says no, it has worked with other small nations but i don't see it working with Scotland tbh,

Reply privately

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"And it's a no from me

Now we just wait for the "if you don't want independence your not really Scottish" crew to come along

my heart says i would love independence but my head says no, it has worked with other small nations but i don't see it working with Scotland tbh, "

I totally agree, but these threads have never ended well

Reply privately

over a year ago

And It's another no from me. To many reasons to list while I'm working but namely, economy, nationalism n salmond

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I am Scottish through and through, love my country, wear a kilt regularly, have a Scottish tattoo etc etc "

I don't wear a kilt, or have a Scottish tattoo (or eat haggis, go to Burns Suppers, greet at Caledonia etc etc) but I hold this country dearer than life and I won't see it stolen by a wee gobshite fae Linlithgow.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The question should be can it survive independently.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm undersides I was all for it at first but now I don't no one thing is I don't like Alec samond or her with the hair that never moves

There is pros n cons do think we need more power of our own country tho

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The question should be can it survive independently. "

Survival isn't enough. Rwanda is "surviving". Libya is "surviving".

That surely isn't enough for Scotland, is it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm 100% in favour of independence, and the more that the No camp try and scaremonger us with "facts", the more I'm in favour of leaving the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So many of you falling into the "I don't like Salmond" trap.

You're not voting for Salmond, you're voting for the independence of your country.

A great big YES from us. To think we can't look after our own affairs without having Westminster is ridiculous.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm 100% in favour of independence, and the more that the No camp try and scaremonger us with "facts", the more I'm in favour of leaving the UK.

"

And scaremongering (lies) is all it is.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The question should be can it survive independently. "

Of course we can. To think otherwise is naive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

We are heavily subsidised by Britain I just don't think we have the resources to prosper.

Personally I don't pay much attention to the argument put forward by either side, I listen then I go and research it for myself to try and get a balanced view.

As for salmond, ok we might not b voting for him although we may soon be if we get independence. Do u think he would retire and disappear into political wilderness, I fear not I see him swanning around like a hero figure leetching off everything he can. I fear he may become a dictator in an independent Scotland

Reply privately

By *otlero69Man
over a year ago

ayr

so many lies and half truths coming from Salmond and his crew!

I was all for it at one time but the more i see and hear about how the sums dont quite add up the more im sure its a no from me!

only this week his own man swinney is casting doubts on the amount of cash required to sustain the proposals for welfare after independance, as a tax payer ssk yourself are you prepared to foot the bill for for on mans ego?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"We are heavily subsidised by Britain I just don't think we have the resources to prosper."

Utter nonsense. We pay more into the coffers than we get back.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As for salmond, ok we might not b voting for him although we may soon be if we get independence. Do u think he would retire and disappear into political wilderness, I fear not I see him swanning around like a hero figure leetching off everything he can. I fear he may become a dictator in an independent Scotland "

And that's so ridiculous it's laughable.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"We are heavily subsidised by Britain I just don't think we have the resources to prosper.

Utter nonsense. We pay more into the coffers than we get back."

This is where the problem lies. There's no genuine evidence on either side.

What should be included on the sums?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so many lies and half truths coming from Salmond and his crew!"
lmao, you want to see some whoppers then go to the better together website.

It's nothing but lies and scaremongering.

Reply privately

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

Yes for me, dreamed about this oppertunity for years.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"As for salmond, ................... I fear he may become a dictator in an independent Scotland

And that's so ridiculous it's laughable."

Unfortunately, Salmond is about the only person who doesn't think is laughable.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"This is where the problem lies. There's no genuine evidence on either side."

Of course there is.

Do some research, the figures are out there.

The simple fact is we give Westminster more than we get back per head.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"so many lies and half truths coming from Salmond and his crew!lmao, you want to see some whoppers then go to the better together website.

It's nothing but lies and scaremongering."

Check out the so called 'Labour for Independence' photo all in the press. All the 'Labour' supporters are SNP Councillors.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"This is where the problem lies. There's no genuine evidence on either side.

Of course there is.

Do some research, the figures are out there.

The simple fact is we give Westminster more than we get back per head."

The 'figures' are statistics and what do we know about statistics??????

Reply privately

By *otlero69Man
over a year ago

ayr

Fact Salmond and his crew spent a small fortune in legal fees(our money!) trying to cover up the fact that they hadnt a clue what our position as far as EEC membership was and in fact told blatant lies in regards to this when asked . i know our current system aint perfect but above is only one example of the type of people some of us would have leading an independant scotland believe me there are lots more incidents like this and they arent scaremongerin !

Reply privately

over a year ago

" believe me there are lots more incidents like this and they arent scaremongerin !"

Then enlighten us!!!

Or are you just repeating what you've read in the press without bothering about those things they call facts? (scaremongering in other words)

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" believe me there are lots more incidents like this and they arent scaremongerin !

Then enlighten us!!!

Or are you just repeating what you've read in the press without bothering about those things they call facts? (scaremongering in other words)"

I appreciate not everything in the press is true but when Eck uses public money to conceal the facts (which he forced Sturgeon to admit to - too feart to admit it himself) all we can go on is what's in the press.

If Eck has nothing to hide - lets see the records.

Reply privately

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

For me its most def a NO ...there are far too many unanswered important questions ..in my opinion its all been rushed through half arsed by salmond and his crew before they lose their majority in the scottish gov

Reply privately

By *otlero69Man
over a year ago

ayr

Its a fact that they spent public money on legal fees trying to cover it up!

This is only one example of the type of organisation Salmond and his crew are.

or dont you wish to acknowledge the truth (a common tactic of Salmonds?)

Reply privately

over a year ago

What precisely will be gaining by independence from the UK? Will we have lower taxes, what taxes will be abolished, which public services will go, how will the health service operate, will be have our own DVLA, TV licensing, will be be exporting more, how will jobs be affected and all the other myriad of questions? Or is it all about keeping oil revenues because we want all the profits for ourselves and to say 'up you' to the English just because of xenophobic paranoia?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

.......... and Revenue and Customs, government pensions, overseas embassies, finding work for Fairfields men and women, thousands of job losses at HMNB Clyde, immigration from Europe via Eire and Northern Ireland, the Monarchy, Sterling, the Bank of England as lender of last resort .............?

Scaremongering? Nope, just questions needing to be answered before King Eck gets his erse on the Stone of Destiny.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There are pro's and con's for it she's a wee pro and as for A.S. he's a CON man it's a big BIG ""NO"" from us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Love this debate, for me its a Yes..

Both the SNP and BetterTogether are guilty of putting out utter nonsense in their tit for tat with each other, people who take what is said in the media, and by these clowns, as fact and don't investigate further shouldn't be allowed a vote..

I can't stand Salmond, but I'm not voting for him or the SNP..

The BT campaign? Well I'll give them one thing, they've succeeded in turning it into the Salmond(SNP) debate rather than one about Independence

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

As has been mentioned above, Salmond is using your money to hide the facts and, when caught red handed, hiding behind Sturgeon's skirt.

Reply privately

over a year ago

and we have arrived at one of the biggest problems with this independence campaign, both sides of the Yes/No are spouting as much as possible to make the other side look bad, there are few facts and it is very difficult to take either side seriously. the main problem for me is that here in scotland, we have a govnt we did not vote for. it's a yes from me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

should be yes from us. Missis is away shoppping :D

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" .........., there are few facts "

There's plenty of facts. The problem is Eck won't let you see them 'cos they don't suit his case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 01/08/13 13:26:58]

Reply privately

over a year ago

yes - as I am fed up with english tories

Reply privately

over a year ago

"yes - as I am fed up with english tories

"

There are some Scottish tories...

No from me.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

No from me."

Only one Tory MP in Scotland. We'd have far more Labour MPs if some folks didn't waste their votes on wastes of space like Angus Brendan and Pete Wishart.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and to say 'up you' to the English just because of xenophobic paranoia?"

Last time I checked a map the UK had 4 countries in it, not just England.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No from me.

Only one Tory MP in Scotland. We'd have far more Labour MPs if some folks didn't waste their votes on wastes of space like Angus Brendan and Pete Wishart."

were i am labour will always be in control

i have always voted for snp an hope it change in the next election

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I can't stand Salmond, but I'm not voting for him or the SNP..

The BT campaign? Well I'll give them one thing, they've succeeded in turning it into the Salmond(SNP) debate rather than one about Independence"

Glad it's not just us that realise the vote isn't about whether you like Salmond or the SNP.

It's about the future of our country.

Once the votes are cast we can put whoever we like in power.

Too many people are thinking a yes vote is a vote for the SNP and their leader when, in reality, it isn't.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"and to say 'up you' to the English just because of xenophobic paranoia?

Last time I checked a map the UK had 4 countries in it, not just England."

The other three are almost sister nations in a Celtic sense and none of them is actually physically attached to us.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

........... besides, the Scots have been taught for years to hate the English.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" .........., there are few facts

There's plenty of facts. The problem is Eck won't let you see them 'cos they don't suit his case.

"

lmao, conspiracies now.

He covered up the JFK hit as well you know.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No from me.

Only one Tory MP in Scotland. We'd have far more Labour MPs if some folks didn't waste their votes on wastes of space like Angus Brendan and Pete Wishart."

I'm a Tory and I'll waste my vote on who I wish, as will people who vote yes for independence

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

............"

That's exactly what Mugabe said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........

That's exactly what Mugabe said."

Are you serious??????

To even liken Alex Salmond to Mugabe is idiotic.

Won't be wasting any more of my time trying to debate an issue with a person who can make such a fucking stupid comparison!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

Are you serious??????

Won't be wasting any more of my time trying to debate an issue with a person who can make such a fucking stupid comparison!"

OK. They're a different colour.

Reply privately

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

The vote isn't stay in the Union or vote SNP as we'd be able to vote for whatever government we wanted after independence.

However it is the case that it's the SNP who are making all the promises about what indpendence will bring, not the other parties who would be vying for power in an independant Scotland. So in a sense it would be strange to vote for independence based on the positive noises made by the SNP and then vote in Labour (for example) who are telling us we're better together.

My major issue with the SNP is basically down to the information coming from them. Now obviously this will apply to both sides of the debate but I think the onus is on the SNP to be laying out the facts as honestly as possible given the massive change they are expecting people to make, a leap into the dark in a sense. Everything we hear from them is about how everything will be better post independence, we won't face Westminster cuts, benefit changes will be reversed etc etc. It just seems like constant promises about how everything will be better when I'd have a bit more faith if they'd admit to areas where it might no be so rosy but we're not getting that. When we take the European legal advice fiasco into account it doesn't look good.

In saying all that though most people will vote with their heart based on how they feel rather than making a decision based on the arguments made by both sides.

Reply privately

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The argument so far has been the usual west minister mud slinging. We need an honest debate. At present the snp camp say everything will be rosey and the no camp just se to be trying to frighten people .

All this does is switch off the voters !

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"The argument so far has been the usual west minister mud slinging. We need an honest debate. At present the snp camp say everything will be rosey and the no camp just se to be trying to frighten people .

All this does is switch off the voters ! "

That's why Eck needs 16 and 17 year olds.

Reply privately

By *lassic1Man
over a year ago

bellshill

Sorrry folks I was still mass debating......tissue anyone....please ...pass a tissue.

Reply privately

over a year ago

if we do get an independence

who be in charge

they have to call for another election to vote wont they?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"if we do get an independence

who be in charge

they have to call for another election to vote wont they?"

Dennis Canavan, chairman of the Yes campaign, says the next vote should be on whether the Queen ought to be Head of State in Scotland.

Getting rid of her will make room for Eck.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-23485054

Reply privately

over a year ago

Some of you are looking for an "honest" debate, behave yourselves, they are politicians and couldnt give you an honest answer if they tried as they are all covering their own backsides. I hate to think where we would end up if there was a YES vote, but like the massive majority we will be voting NO. Pensions will be eroded although Fatso Salmond says it will be paid for from the countrys wealth, simple words and what wealth and plaese dont mention the oil revenue as it isnt ours and even if it was where does that come from when the oil dries up and also lets be honest, what other natural reserves do we have. In a word NONE.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"............ lets be honest, what other natural reserves do we have. In a word NONE."

A prominent SNP politician who must remain nameless called Mike Russell (- a man whose ambition is to die in his own arms -) was asked about Scotland's 'other' natural resources.

He pointed to Scotland's glens - Glenturret, Glenmorangie, Glengoyne, Glenlivet and others

Reply privately

By *iscottishMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

This would have been solved if he just went for devo max as that is what he is wanting out of it at the end of the day...

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

We also know that Nicola the Fish Hates Scotch Pies and wants them Banned.. true btw..

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's a resounding YES from me.

The No camp are so busy making up scare stories that they haven't really asked us Scots what WE want. The reality is that a majority of Scots want MORE powers, either through independence or within the UK. The tragedy is that the No camp is denying the Scottish people these additional powers (which they could give us right now) as they concoct stories on a daily basis to scare us into submission.

Ask them the question: OK, if we don't get independence, what are YOU going to give us if we vote NO. The silence is deafening.

Norway and Scotland both discovered oil in the 1970's. Norway is now one of the richest countries on the planet with an oil fund worth billions which pays pensions, healthcare etc. from the INTEREST ALONE. Scotland is still relatively poor, with child poverty rates which would disgrace many poorer countries, so where has all this money gone?

Answer: Our oil money has all gone into building up London to be the finacial/banking capital of Europe.

Sod that. So I say YES to independence.

Reply privately

By *owboy BebopMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"This would have been solved if he just went for devo max as that is what he is wanting out of it at the end of the day... "

Cameron outmanoeuvred him with the yes no question. Salmond wants Deborah max , probably the majority want debo max, but he was boxed in and couldn't face losing face on yes no question ( the aim of amp diehards)

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".........

Norway and Scotland both discovered oil in the 1970's. Norway is now one of the richest countries on the planet with an oil fund worth billions which pays pensions, healthcare etc. from the INTEREST ALONE. Scotland is still relatively poor, with child poverty rates which would disgrace many poorer countries, so where has all this money gone?............

..............."

Do you know what the rate of personal Income Tax is in Norway? Or the Wealth Tax? The level of Gift and Inheritance Tax? Or even VAT? (I'll tell you the VAT is 25%)

Don't kid yourself Norway is the land of milk and honey - it ain't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

cameron wants trident we dont

they should move 2 Portsmouth

were I feel safe

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"cameron wants trident we dont

were I feel safe "

They won't fit. They're berthed at Faslane because of the deep water. There's nowhere else in the UK that fits the bill.

Incidentally, why would having them at Portsmouth make you feel safe? Radiation moves in the wind.

Remember Chernobyl?

Reply privately

over a year ago

i dont want trident

nor dose a lot a of folk i no the cold war is over - why should we keep it

its costing 2 much money for something we dont need its pointless

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Most of the bill is picked up by the Pentagon.

Reply privately

By *eenonfun2Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"i dont want trident

nor dose a lot a of folk i no the cold war is over - why should we keep it

its costing 2 much money for something we dont need its pointless "

Trident is a deterrent, and its worked so far. I say keep it

Reply privately

By *ussymufferMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

we wont have independence if we keep the queen she will still have to ok any changes we want to make so we will not have freedom whats the point of wasting money on a vote when England still has a say

Reply privately

over a year ago

".........

Norway and Scotland both discovered oil in the 1970's. Norway is now one of the richest countries on the planet with an oil fund worth billions which pays pensions, healthcare etc. from the INTEREST ALONE. Scotland is still relatively poor, with child poverty rates which would disgrace many poorer countries, so where has all this money gone?............

Do you know what the rate of personal Income Tax is in Norway? Or the Wealth Tax? The level of Gift and Inheritance Tax? Or even VAT? (I'll tell you the VAT is 25%)

Don't kid yourself Norway is the land of milk and honey - it ain't."

No, but neither is the UK.

With VAT now at 20% and National Insurance being hiked up every other year, not to mention the tax on fuel which makes up about 70% of the total cost of your petrol, The UK is one of the most heavily taxed countries on the planet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"cameron wants trident we dont

were I feel safe

They won't fit. They're berthed at Faslane because of the deep water. There's nowhere else in the UK that fits the bill.

Incidentally, why would having them at Portsmouth make you feel safe? Radiation moves in the wind.

Remember Chernobyl? "

Because a first strike would, by definition, target the area holding the nukes. And wind can take days to blow dust from Portsmouth to Glasgow.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".........

No, but neither is the UK. "

I didn't suggest it was. Merely pointing out that Norway isn't as wonderful as SNP lies would have you believe.

Reply privately

over a year ago

".........

I didn't suggest it was. Merely pointing out that Norway isn't as wonderful as SNP lies would have you believe."

Actually, I like to research these things myself as I don't believe the spin from any politicians. And I can tell you that Norway is doing very, very well thank you.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bethgreenfield/2012/02/22/the-worlds-richest-countries/

With a GDP per capita of $52,000 it is now the 4th richest country in the world. Not bad for a country known only for it's fishing in 1970.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Thanks for the replies and post guys, some very interesting stuff to read, I posed the question out of pure interest in the public feeling in Scotland towards independence and I think the No camp will edge because of lack of information on the finances of an independent Scotland.

What I will say is this, no matter when it happens, when Scotland leaves the UK, which is inevitable, it's going to be difficult, both emotionally and financially. Kinda like a child moving out of the parents home for the first time, the child will have to make its own mistakes and sort it's own problems as well as get its own income and feed itself. In an independent Scotland that task will be made harder by the 5-6 million people she will need to look after as well as the hundreds of thousands of immigrants that will come to her shores and emigrants that leave her shores like they already do today. No matter at what point she decides to leave the UK there will be support from other nations to help her along the way and provide advice and guidance, it will be down to who ever is governing her to accept that advice.

I personally think Scotland deserves that chance.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

".........

I didn't suggest it was. Merely pointing out that Norway isn't as wonderful as SNP lies would have you believe.

Actually, I like to research these things myself as I don't believe the spin from any politicians. And I can tell you that Norway is doing very, very well thank you.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bethgreenfield/2012/02/22/the-worlds-richest-countries/

With a GDP per capita of $52,000 it is now the 4th richest country in the world. Not bad for a country known only for it's fishing in 1970. "

Saying you like to research these things yourself, then quoting Forbes is hilarious.

The point isn't about 'whether' Norway is wealthy, it's about 'how' and the 'how' is taxation - not oil wealth.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"we wont have independence if we keep the queen she will still have to ok any changes we want to make so we will not have freedom whats the point of wasting money on a vote when England still has a say "

What utter tosh, she will have no say whatsoever!

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"This would have been solved if he just went for devo max as that is what he is wanting out of it at the end of the day...

Cameron outmanoeuvred him with the yes no question. Salmond wants Deborah max , probably the majority want debo max, but he was boxed in and couldn't face losing face on yes no question ( the aim of amp diehards)"

It was a double bluff! Don't you get it? If King Alex wanted a devo max as part of the question/answer that's what would have happened, but King Alex wants Independence along with the rest of the sensible Scotland

You cant honestly think Cameron got one over him?????????????????

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ive said it before and i'll say it again,i personally couldnt give a shit wether we get independance or not the only difference will be who it is that really fucks this country and us over,salmond or cameron

Reply privately

over a year ago

my opinion is it doesn't matter if independent or not because it will still be ran by fat nose in the trough bastards who are only interested in linning there own pockets

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So many of you falling into the "I don't like Salmond" trap.

You're not voting for Salmond, you're voting for the independence of your country.

A great big YES from us. To think we can't look after our own affairs without having Westminster is ridiculous."

Thank you, exactly what I was going to say!

Big fat yes!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It's a resounding YES from me.

The No camp are so busy making up scare stories that they haven't really asked us Scots what WE want. The reality is that a majority of Scots want MORE powers, either through independence or within the UK. The tragedy is that the No camp is denying the Scottish people these additional powers (which they could give us right now) as they concoct stories on a daily basis to scare us into submission.

Ask them the question: OK, if we don't get independence, what are YOU going to give us if we vote NO. The silence is deafening.

Norway and Scotland both discovered oil in the 1970's. Norway is now one of the richest countries on the planet with an oil fund worth billions which pays pensions, healthcare etc. from the INTEREST ALONE. Scotland is still relatively poor, with child poverty rates which would disgrace many poorer countries, so where has all this money gone?

Answer: Our oil money has all gone into building up London to be the finacial/banking capital of Europe.

Sod that. So I say YES to independence."

Reply privately

over a year ago

No no no no no, that is all

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just NO!

Reply privately

over a year ago

so you lot are happy with cameron ruin scotland then

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so you lot are happy with cameron ruin scotland then"

How exactly has he ruined Scotland? I'd say the ones who were in power for all those years have fucked everyone. Now I don't know all the facts so excuse me for my ignorance/naivity but I'd rather continue how we are then start all over again with our own postal service, healthcare system etc etc although we still don't have all the facts.

My parents pay council tax on all their properties here and they're no even allowed a vote, yet all these foreign people who are all 'vote yes' get to, utter bullshit if you ask me.

Oh and I'm a Tory, enough said

Reply privately

By *ust Chloe xWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

No

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"so you lot are happy with cameron ruin scotland then"

Anyone who didn't vote Labour is to blame for Cameron and his evil works.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so you lot are happy with cameron ruin scotland then

Anyone who didn't vote Labour is to blame for Cameron and his evil works."

Cause Labour did a wonderful job for all those years, don't get me started on immigration... right zipping my mouth, I should not get involved in politics haha

Reply privately

By *icked weaselCouple
over a year ago

Near Edinburgh..

Anyone who didn't vote Labour is to blame for Cameron and his evil works."

The Bedroom-tax was the Winner..

what a really good idea..!!

Forcing poor people into Homes - That are NOT Available for them.. and them charging them for the dis-advantage..

Reply privately

over a year ago

so with the currant situation you lot have moan about the cuts, fuel going

food prices gone up etc

an now yer happy with the torries

strange

Reply privately

over a year ago

We deserve it but lets face it, the SNP couldn't even get shit on their shoes. If we vote yes it will be a disaster, they have no concrete answers to anything only ideas they have pulled out their arses when they were brainstorming.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"so with the currant situation you lot have moan about the cuts, fuel going

food prices gone up etc

strange "

Sorry but I don't recall moaning about any of what you've mentioned..

Reply privately

over a year ago

1 word, no! As a small business owner I know it's better at the moment to be one country, not saying later maybe we could be independent but for now it's a no. Also as a mother, there Is no way Scotland could keep higher education free, students elsewhere in the UK would be treated the same as some eu students and be entitled to some free higher education. How would they sustain this? and free bus passes? Etc etc. People must not do the ' braveheart' vote. Please look into it!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

How exactly has he ruined Scotland? I'd say the ones who were in power for all those years have fucked everyone. Now I don't know all the facts so excuse me for my ignorance/naivity but I'd rather continue how we are then start all over again with our own postal service, healthcare system etc etc although we still don't have all the facts.

My parents pay council tax on all their properties here and they're no even allowed a vote, yet all these foreign people who are all 'vote yes' get to, utter bullshit if you ask me.

Oh and I'm a Tory, enough said "

Just as an example,, postal service, a good reliable service, so it gets sold, now becomes a share holder thing. Yesterday various private/share holder owned power companies increased prices by 8%, no great detail on why it has to be 8% , so we simply have to accept the price increase and pay it. Who benefits from the increase?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just as an example,, postal service, a good reliable service, so it gets sold, now becomes a share holder thing. Yesterday various private/share holder owned power companies increased prices by 8%, no great detail on why it has to be 8% , so we simply have to accept the price increase and pay it. Who benefits from the increase? "

Eh it's too early for this so I'm gonna go with the government? Is that right? Do I get a gold star?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/10/13 08:41:04]

Reply privately

over a year ago

food prices gone up etc

strange

Sorry but I don't recall moaning about any of what you've mentioned.. "

maybe not you

but i no that 70% have complain about it, as it been aired on the news about

an the answer from cameron is

find cheaper else were

ok we move then

so Scotland independence

its a defo YES

Reply privately

over a year ago

food prices gone up etc

strange

Sorry but I don't recall moaning about any of what you've mentioned.. maybe not you

find cheaper else were

ok we move then

so Scotland independence

its a defo YES "

Can I ask what cuts you're talking about? Do you honestly believe fuel prices, food etc are going to decrease with independence? The world is becoming more populated and therefore more expensive, things will never be as cheap as they once were.

Reply privately

By *ikerbob1957Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I like being Scottish but am also British. All this nonsense about oil money is just smoke and mirrors. The oil will run out one day and there are only so many bottles of whisky we can sell in the export market.

Can you imagine the expense of dismantling the NHS, the armed forces, the civil service, all the pension funds.

Completely unworkable and Alex salmond should hang his head in shame for pretending otherwise.

He also wants to keep the pound but doesn't know if he can, he also wants to keep the Queen as head of State but hasn't asked her, he wants to be part of the EEC but doesn't know if his application will be accepted. The list of unanswered questions is endless.

It will be a No from me and I will certainly vote. The bigger the No vote the better for Scotland.

Reply privately

By *ser No Longer On SiteMan
over a year ago

Ghlaschu

Sorry but there's no "try before you buy" just a "suck it & see".

None of the political parties will give us the answers to the questions we are all asking... they simply don't have guarantees. Real life doesn't come with a guarantee.

Prices always go up in real terms.

So we need to ask ourselves who do we want to GOVERN our future - a party that the Scottish nation voted for or a Coalition in another country which most of us didn't vote for?

At least with independence the Scottish nation stand a chance of voting for the best party which will give US the best options for our own futures (not some bunch South of the Border who traditionally & historically have ransacked our resources to fuck over the entire union with the exception of an elite few).

It's going to be a leap of faith if we do vote to go it alone & leave the nest. As someone previously mentioned it will be like leaving the parental home where Mum & Dad set the rules, paid the bills, & took all the responsibility so we are bound to be on a learning curve but at least we will be learning to be responsible for our own destinies.

I'm sure the parents in Westminster will miss us but we can still keep in touch as we lead our own lives, making our own mistakes & successes.

I for one would like to leave the nest & be a grown up taking the good & the bad & use my vote to ensure that whoever Governs Scotland is held to account.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The argument comes down to a vote for no, is a vote for Cameron......

Labour want Scotland in the union as they will never get back into power with us not in the electoral school....

I am not sure if the sums add up, I'm not sure if the short term will be better. The fucks will happen, but you know what it will be our fuck ups. I want the opportunity to govern ourselfs... As a socialist I am happy to pay more in tax to fund better schools, hospitals and education....

Too many people here and in scotland are cuckold to England.....

Vote yes, go ball deep or go home......

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just how is a no vote a vote for Cameron?!

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Just how is a no vote a vote for Cameron?! "

Only in what passes for the minds of the Nats.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

BTW. For those who missed it.

"LABOUR has won the by-election for the Govan ward of Glasgow City Council, succeeding in taking a seat previously held by the SNP.

Councillor Allison Hunter had held the seat until her death in July this year after a long cancer battle, with Labour’s John Kane defeating the SNP’s Helen Walker, and 12 other candidates, including one man contesting the by-election as an independent against the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act.

The result was declared early on Friday morning, with Mr Kane winning 2055 votes to Ms Walker’s 1424."

Reply privately

over a year ago

food prices gone up etc

strange

Sorry but I don't recall moaning about any of what you've mentioned.. maybe not you

find cheaper else were

ok we move then

so Scotland independence

its a defo YES

Can I ask what cuts you're talking about? Do you honestly believe fuel prices, food etc are going to decrease with independence? The world is becoming more populated and therefore more expensive, things will never be as cheap as they once were. "

if you dont no what cuts are then

your not living in the uk

Reply privately

over a year ago

Thing is that there are too many unanswered questions and even more that are unanswerable!!!My problem is the "anti English brigade"The numpties who will just vote "yes" to fuck off the English!!!!There are an awful lot of them out there!!This is not a good thing.My daughter and best mate are English.This is the dark side of independance.I,for one,do not like!!!!This alone is more than enough for me to vote NO!!!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just how is a no vote a vote for Cameron?! "

How is it not.....we will be governed more than 75% of the time by a Tory government who we don't vote for...that is democratic I'm sure you agree. We are a nation in our own right yet are consistently ruled by a government who have desire to do anything for an electorate who doesn't vote for it.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Just how is a no vote a vote for Cameron?!

Only in what passes for the minds of the Nats."

How could I fail to agree with such a well made and thought out argument....

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its a yes from me it might be difficult to start with but longer term we would be better off

Reply privately

over a year ago

food prices gone up etc

strange

find cheaper else were

ok we move then

so Scotland independence

its a defo YES

Can I ask what cuts you're talking about? Do you honestly believe fuel prices, food etc are going to decrease with independence? The world is becoming more populated and therefore more expensive, things will never be as cheap as they once were. if you dont no what cuts are then

your not living in the uk "

You've not gone on to explain what cuts you're talking about specifically so I could say the same for you..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thing is that there are too many unanswered questions and even more that are unanswerable!!!My problem is the "anti English brigade"The numpties who will just vote "yes" to fuck off the English!!!!There are an awful lot of them out there!!This is not a good thing.My daughter and best mate are English.This is the dark side of independance.I,for one,do not like!!!!This alone is more than enough for me to vote NO!!!!"

You do know we will still be able to speak the English don't you??

I suppose your daughters friendship is a better reason than some for voting no..

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is it not.....we will be governed more than 75% of the time by a Tory government who we don't vote for...that is democratic I'm sure you agree. We are a nation in our own right yet are consistently ruled by a government who have desire to do anything for an electorate who doesn't vote for it....."

Some of us do vote for them btw..

Reply privately

over a year ago

food prices gone up etc

strange

find cheaper else were

ok we move then

so Scotland independence

its a defo YES

Can I ask what cuts you're talking about? Do you honestly believe fuel prices, food etc are going to decrease with independence? The world is becoming more populated and therefore more expensive, things will never be as cheap as they once were. if you dont no what cuts are then

your not living in the uk

You've not gone on to explain what cuts you're talking about specifically so I could say the same for you.. "

bed room cuts

job cuts

all emergency services cuts

hm forces cuts

shall i go on

Reply privately

over a year ago

How is it not.....we will be governed more than 75% of the time by a Tory government who we don't vote for...that is democratic I'm sure you agree. We are a nation in our own right yet are consistently ruled by a government who have desire to do anything for an electorate who doesn't vote for it.....

Some of us do vote for them btw.."

Yip, and you will be able to vote for the Scottish conservatives, and under our proportional representation, you will be much better represented than the Scottish nation is under Cameron, clegg, milliband and their ilk.....

A yes vote is. Not. A . Vote. For. Salmond it is a vote for Scotland.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You've not gone on to explain what cuts you're talking about specifically so I could say the same for you..

bed room cuts

job cuts

hm forces cuts

shall i go on"

Well having friends in the forces, navy etc, they are voting for no as they will be out of jobs with a YES vote. Job cuts will always happen, I'm sure plenty will blame Mrs T for that when Labour did such a good job with those debts..

And while I don't agree with bedroom tax, only for disabled and elderly, it's not my problem if you have to live in a council house. As I stated earlier, my parents live abroad, my mother is here now for family reasons and they still have to pay taxes etc but aren't allowed a vote at all. I remember when Labour were in power and they increased their council tax from 50% to the full 100% (keep in mind NO ONE was living there at the time) due to the poorer families around us needing more government funds...But anyways enough ranting, good luck with that Yes vote.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"You've not gone on to explain what cuts you're talking about specifically so I could say the same for you..

bed room cuts

job cuts

hm forces cuts

shall i go on

Well having friends in the forces, navy etc, they are voting for no as they will be out of jobs with a YES vote. Job cuts will always happen, I'm sure plenty will blame Mrs T for that when Labour did such a good job with those debts..

And while I don't agree with bedroom tax, only for disabled and elderly, it's not my problem if you have to live in a council house. As I stated earlier, my parents live abroad, my mother is here now for family reasons and they still have to pay taxes etc but aren't allowed a vote at all. I remember when Labour were in power and they increased their council tax from 50% to the full 100% (keep in mind NO ONE was living there at the time) due to the poorer families around us needing more government funds...But anyways enough ranting, good luck with that Yes vote. "

not going to argue with you

end of the day

torries are doing it all wrong thats why they will never get in scotland

an this is why we should leave the uk

for the better

Reply privately

over a year ago

Was not a large part of labours debt due to bailing out banks and bankers ? To the point they had no choice but to ?

Im all for people earning more money due to their busy/ inventive industrious hard work but those bankers rewarded themselves even when they were muckin it up.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

How is it not.....we will be governed more than 75% of the time by a Tory government who we don't vote for...that is democratic I'm sure you agree. We are a nation in our own right yet are consistently ruled by a government who have desire to do anything for an electorate who doesn't vote for it....."

We only get Tory governments when people vote LibDem (like now) or SNP or Plaid or Green or ........... but don't vote Labour.

The best way to avoid a Tory government is to vote Labour.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately there are a lot of people. Some of whom even to be Scottish,see the country's best interests being looked after by the english parliament in London. It has always been this way, and unfortunately probably always will be

Reply privately

over a year ago

Unfortunately there are a lot of people. Some of whom even to be Scottish,see the country's best interests being looked after by the english parliament in London. It has always been this way, and unfortunately probably always will be

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Was not a large part of labours debt due to bailing out banks and bankers ? To the point they had no choice but to ?

Im all for people earning more money due to their busy/ inventive industrious hard work but those bankers rewarded themselves even when they were muckin it up."

It was quite hidden by our media but one of the Scandinavian countries actually put there banks on trial and jail for what they done. They also threw out the government they had and are now thriving better than ever. Think this was either 2010 or 2011

]

Reply privately

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple
over a year ago

markinch

"Unfortunately there are a lot of people. Some of whom even to be Scottish,see the country's best interests being looked after by the english parliament in London. It has always been this way, and unfortunately probably always will be"

Only been that way since 1707

Reply privately

over a year ago

if only it were only since 1707 , but even as far back as Wallace and probably even before him its a sad fact that people in this country would rather be ruled by england . Even nowadays people are desperate to be controlled by one of the big 3 english political partys ( the mad bad torys of posh dave , millibands not so socialist labour mob and clegg the cardbourd cutout ). I fear that should Scotland let this chance of freedom from the cold grasping hand of westminster go sailing by , then the southern political partys will make damm sure such a chance never occurs again , and Scotland as a country will probably end up as nothing more than the county of north englandshire depicted on tins of shortbread and dodgy mel gibson films .

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's been thus since way before 1707.King James 1st/6th promised his people that he'd be back home soon after his coronation.It only took him 14 years to come visit!!!!The English Lords would not permit him to come "home"!!!

Even in Bruce and Wallaces time the Scottish Lords were in the English lords' pockets!!Even Baliol and Comyn were English Lords!!!Having said that Bruce was french!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

its a depressing thought that the country of Scotland could be on the brink of extintion , there are probably countrys all round this world looking at Scotland and pissing themselves laughing , we actually have the chance of freedom and self determination without having to spill a shit load of blood , and we just say " nah , you english can rule our country , we are sure you might have our best interests at haert "

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"its a depressing thought that the country of Scotland could be on the brink of extintion , there are probably countrys all round this world looking at Scotland and pissing themselves laughing , we actually have the chance of freedom and self determination without having to spill a shit load of blood , and we just say " nah , you english can rule our country , we are sure you might have our best interests at haert ""

Dear, dear Mr Hobnobs, that takes the biscuit.

It's usually (inaccurately) Better Together which is accused of scaremongering but where did you invent the "the country of Scotland could be on the brink of extintion (sic)"?

It just blatant nonsense.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not too sure its scare mongering , do you really think the 3 main english political partys will ever again let Scotland try and become a free and independant country ? i have grave doubts

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"not too sure its scare mongering , do you really think the 3 main english political partys will ever again let Scotland try and become a free and independant country ? i have grave doubts"

Your pejorative use of 'english (sic)' gives the game away.

Far from being pro-Scottish, you're simply anti-English (as are many others).

That's nothing to be ashamed of so why hide the fact?

BTW, the "3 main english" (sic) parties didn't 'let' Scotland try anything. The decision to hold a Separation referendum was taken by the Scottish Parliament and, in theory at least, there's nothing to stop us following John Mason's suggestion and holding a referendum every day thereafter.

Reply privately

over a year ago

anti english ? not really , i like them fine enough , and when they get there own country to play with and not mine , i dare say i will like them even more lol

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

It's a big fat yes from us.

A vote for 'No' is a vote for no change. Meaning, you're happy with the cost of fuel rising (even although we're an oil producing country). A 'No' vote means you're happy with the bedroom tax. A 'No' vote means you're happy with never getting the government Scotland actually votes for. Happy being ruled by the conservatives when there's only one Con MP in the entire country. That you'd rather be led by the nose...because you're too feart of change. Really? Really?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cost of fuel will go up no matter who governs,, bedroom tax is one politcal partys idea that can be cancelled out by any other party.

We trade, import/export with each other,rely on each other, suddenly we dont need each other?

I need examples of other countrys going independant and success stories to convince me, not seen any, and this, we will be fine nonsense does'nt cut it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Couldnt care less....our lifes may change but it will only change where the bullshit n lies come from

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"Cost of fuel will go up no matter who governs,, bedroom tax is one politcal partys idea that can be cancelled out by any other party.

We trade, import/export with each other,rely on each other, suddenly we dont need each other?

I need examples of other countrys going independant and success stories to convince me, not seen any, and this, we will be fine nonsense does'nt cut it."

Every single country that has become independent from the empire have managed fine and never asked to come back again. I want to live in a country that is ruled by the people of that country. I am Scottish, unlike many others that just pretend.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"Cost of fuel will go up no matter who governs,, bedroom tax is one politcal partys idea that can be cancelled out by any other party.

I need examples of other countrys going independant and success stories to convince me, not seen any, and this, we will be fine nonsense does'nt cut it."

Every single country that has become independent from the empire have managed fine and never asked to come back again. I want to live in a country that is ruled by the people of that country. I am Scottish, unlike many others that just pretend.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our lifes are good now so id vote no purely because I can. Just because we have our own government means nothing. What ever we save here we will lose there. Governments talk pish as we all do at interviews to get the job. This is just one big job interview with a shower of shite talkers trying to out do another shower of shite out of work

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

Me me me. What a very selfish attitude don't you think? We are well off and can afford the little price hikes of this and that but maybe we are thinking of others and our children and their future. We just hope you will be so caught up in your own pleasant little world that you forget to vote.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"................

I need examples of other countrys going independant and success stories to convince me, not seen any, and this, we will be fine nonsense does'nt cut it.

Every single country that has become independent from the empire have managed fine and never asked to come back again. ...............

"

Managed fine? Like Uganda, the country which gave us Obote and Amin (Salmond's hero and style guru?)

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

Oh well, whatever you think. Hope you enjoy living in a Ugandian style country then. Its going to happen so will you be leaving to stay in the rest of The Uk when Scotland is indy?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Me me me. What a very selfish attitude don't you think? We are well off and can afford the little price hikes of this and that but maybe we are thinking of others and our children and their future. We just hope you will be so caught up in your own pleasant little world that you forget to vote."

If thats aimed at us....never said we where well off...price hikes are just something we deal with. Thats why we work 12 to 16 hrs 6 days a week. My point is since leaving schoolwe have done this. Governments with promises of this and that mean absolutely nothing. Bills going up wages staying the same are things we accept because moaning and groaning doesn't help. Yes we would like to work less and have more time together but we cant. Independence isnt going to make one bit if difference to individuals. All it will do is create problems we dont have just now.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Oh well, whatever you think. Hope you enjoy living in a Ugandian style country then. Its going to happen so will you be leaving to stay in the rest of The Uk when Scotland is indy?"

That won't happen.

The worrying things is that the Nats are bad losers.

Only last night, when it was clear they were getting their immense arses well kicked in Govan, they legged it away from the count as if their miserable existences depended on it.

Nats have to forget the nonsense about 'anyone who doesn't support Separation isn't a true Scot'. That's just bollox.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

"

Last time I checked the UK is a country... But what do I know I'm just pretending to be Scottish

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Last time I checked the UK is a country... But what do I know I'm just pretending to be Scottish "

And us... and tomorrow I fancy being spanish...a wee shot of the flamenco wont do me any harm... im dodgin being a jamaican though, cant limbo with my back...oooft

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh well, whatever you think. Hope you enjoy living in a Ugandian style country then. Its going to happen so will you be leaving to stay in the rest of The Uk when Scotland is indy?"
England in 1981 gave me a real apprenticeship instead of a £25 a week YTS scheme and i went on to be a manager of what i did, or i could of stayed here, on the dole, bleating,,, im entitled im entitled,,lol

Reply privately

over a year ago

How sad it is that as the fag end of the english empire sinks unloved and un missed beneath the waves people in Scotland are desperate to cling to it . No other country on the earth could possably be so keen to be ruled by a different country . posh dave and the tory party south of the border must be laughing themselves to sleap at nights , they have one mp in a country and get to rule it . Wallace must be turning in his grave ar such a turn of events

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"How sad it is that as the fag end of the english empire sinks unloved and un missed beneath the waves people in Scotland are desperate to cling to it . No other country on the earth could possably be so keen to be ruled by a different country . posh dave and the tory party south of the border must be laughing themselves to sleap at nights , they have one mp in a country and get to rule it . Wallace must be turning in his grave ar such a turn of events "

At least we Scots can console ourselves in the knowledge that we have a much better education system

Reply privately

By *yceloonMan
over a year ago

Aberdeen

its ayes from me....of course Scotland could manage .....the biggest threat to the country is being tied to London......every other country who has obtained their independence have prospered, how on earth could Scotland fail, with all of our natural resources, publically owned water, oil and our universities.

Reply privately

By *eefdoddusCouple
over a year ago

Scottish Borders

Absolutely...! The argument has nothing to do with " Cameron" " The bloody Tories" or even " That fat twat Salmond". We need to be growing up and looking after our own interests, we're perfectly able and we will manage perfectly well.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its ayes from me....of course Scotland could manage .....the biggest threat to the country is being tied to London......every other country who has obtained their independence have prospered, how on earth could Scotland fail, with all of our natural resources, publically owned water, oil and our universities."

OK consider this scenario. We get the Yes vote, we go with the English pound and England Wales and N. Ireland vote to leave Europe - we of course have no say in that issue. Where the fuck does that leave us?

Reply privately

over a year ago

i think it would be madness to keep the english pound after freedom day , it is a doomed currancy belonging to a country that is increasingly irrelevant , a wise choise would be to either go back to the pound Scots or even adopt a currancy from an up and coming country , china seem to be doing rather well so why not them . The same goes for the huge ammount of debt that westminster has managed to accumulate , they have called the shots for 300 years , they made a complete arse of things , they can keep all that nice debt mountain to them selves . It will be interesting to see how they will be able to survive as a country with that debt mountain round their necks lol , wouldnt be a bit surprised if they hold a referendum to become part of Scotland if we will help pay off their debts lol

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

The £ sterling is Eck's confirmed choice in the increasingly unlikely event of the Separation vote going his way.

BTW, did everyone see the Govan result?

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"The £ sterling is Eck's confirmed choice in the increasingly unlikely event of the Separation vote going his way.

BTW, did everyone see the Govan result?"

The £ sterling is indeed the preferred choice and anyone can adopt it if they wish. It makes sense to at least use it initially so as to make it easier for them south of the border to be able to pay us for our water, oil and electricity. Not forgetting our whisky, beef, lamb, fish and textiles.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

Oh and I'm a Tory, enough said "

You do realise none of that made any sense.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"..........

Are you serious??????

Won't be wasting any more of my time trying to debate an issue with a person who can make such a fucking stupid comparison!"

Good one!

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"Some of you are looking for an "honest" debate, behave yourselves, they are politicians and couldnt give you an honest answer if they tried as they are all covering their own backsides. I hate to think where we would end up if there was a YES vote, but like the massive majority we will be voting NO. Pensions will be eroded although Fatso Salmond says it will be paid for from the countrys wealth, simple words and what wealth and plaese dont mention the oil revenue as it isnt ours and even if it was where does that come from when the oil dries up and also lets be honest, what other natural reserves do we have. In a word NONE."

Might be worth doing some research. We have to include the oil as its going to be there for the next 40 years at least and yes its will be Scotlands. Pensions will be eroded? In the UK will they not be eroded? By the way the people voting NO are not the massive majority. Try going onto wings for Scotland site on FB and see what you think. Lots of answers there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If scotland has independence. ...how will oyr lives change???? Will we all benifit from all the resources we have??? Will all our bills be reduced???? Will day to day living costs bevreduced?? Will education and child care be free???? Will state pensions be enough to live off? ?? Will thousands of jobs be created or will it simply be that we have independence and the anti English can smile? ?? Perhaps the new way of life will give us all discount from all our afore mentioned resources and we will all have a better lifestyle. ..dont think so...no government, parliament or mp will do anything to benefit anyone other than themselves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

You do realise none of that made any sense."

You're voting yes, I don't think it takes much to confuse you..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just imagine if the referendum was to vote to become a part of england ,all would have to do would agree to shift our parliament from Scotland to the south of england,give away all monies generated and trust the south to let us have some of it back,allow the biggest stockpile of weapons of mass destruction to be sited close to our most populous city. Allow the tory party to call the shots. What's not to like?lol

Reply privately

By *homCrownMan
over a year ago

West Fife

Its a very nice utopian idea.... but ehhh... NO!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"its ayes from me....of course Scotland could manage .....the biggest threat to the country is being tied to London......every other country who has obtained their independence have prospered, how on earth could Scotland fail, with all of our natural resources, publically owned water, oil and our universities."

I think you'll find the oil and gas are owned by multinational Oil companies - what's your plan, is the Scottish government to steal it back?

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ........ Try going onto wings for Scotland site on FB and see what you think. Lots of answers there."

And all of them lies.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

Are you serious??????

Won't be wasting any more of my time trying to debate an issue with a person who can make such a fucking stupid comparison!

Good one!

"

They're both wee, fat and right up their own arse.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........

Are you serious??????

Good one!

They're both wee, fat and right up their own arse."

cant believe you make that sad ill remark

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

Are you serious??????

Good one!

.cant believe you make that sad ill remark "

There are none so blind ..........

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"its ayes from me....of course Scotland could manage .....the biggest threat to the country is being tied to London......every other country who has obtained their independence have prospered, how on earth could Scotland fail, with all of our natural resources, publically owned water, oil and our universities.

I think you'll find the oil and gas are owned by multinational Oil companies - what's your plan, is the Scottish government to steal it back?"

Do you not understand how it works? Scotland will collect the taxes from the oil revenues.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

" ........ Try going onto wings for Scotland site on FB and see what you think. Lots of answers there.

And all of them lies."

You say all of them lies? And the NO Bitter Together are telling the truth? How do you know its lies? Please produce evidence of this. You cant, can you?

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"..........

Are you serious??????

Good one!

.cant believe you make that sad ill remark

"

You must be a weegie to come out with drivel like that. Typical!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"..........

Are you serious??????

Good one!

.cant believe you make that sad ill remark

"

you make no sense

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

" ........ Try going onto wings for Scotland site on FB and see what you think. Lots of answers there.

And all of them lies.

You say all of them lies? And the NO Bitter Together are telling the truth? How do you know its lies? Please produce evidence of this. You cant, can you?"

What about the non-existent legal advice?

Eck swore blind for weeks he had legal advice and only when he was found to be lying did he send Nicola out to tell the truth and take the flak.

Not just a liar, a coward too.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

I see you are pretty much a no voter _nny, that's fine then.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I see you are pretty much a no voter _nny, that's fine then."

100% a No voter.

I don't see anyone rushing to Eck's defence.

Reply privately

By *ustus222Couple
over a year ago

Newburgh

"I see you are pretty much a no voter _nny, that's fine then.

100% a No voter.

I don't see anyone rushing to Eck's defence."

The thing is the YES voters don't try and force the NO voters, we have put a perfectly good case forward for change, whereas the NO voters can only say 'lets stay the same'.

Reply privately

By *nnyMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I see you are pretty much a no voter _nny, that's fine then.

100% a No voter.

I don't see anyone rushing to Eck's defence.

The thing is the YES voters don't try and force the NO voters, we have put a perfectly good case forward for change, whereas the NO voters can only say 'lets stay the same'."

The only 'case' the YESNP have put forward is 'don't worry, well sort that out later'.

Reply privately