Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

f@#$&!g annoyed

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just had a phone call to say mrs dlt's nephew (a serving soldier),has had a kicking while down south on a course,luckily sustaining nothing more than a few bruises,but job apart what is this country coming to when folk feel the need to do this to one another.

And as a former squaddie its in aggressive situations like that where we are/were taught to walk away from trouble and thats what happens.

Sorry just had to have a rant

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Sorry to hear about your nephew...I hate bullies & violence as violence begets violence and it's a vicious cycle ...I hope he's alright
"Just had a phone call to say mrs dlt's nephew (a serving soldier),has had a kicking while down south on a course,luckily sustaining nothing more than a few bruises,but job apart what is this country coming to when folk feel the need to do this to one another.

And as a former squaddie its in aggressive situations like that where we are/were taught to walk away from trouble and thats what happens.

Sorry just had to have a rant"

over a year ago

Thank you, he is battered and bruised ,

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Thank you, he is battered and bruised ,"
boys will be boys I've had a few close scrapes myself im life...it's all part and parcel of the learning process

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

what an idiotic comment is it part and parcel of growing up to get kicked bruised and battered i dont feckin think so

over a year ago

Omfg, have no other comments for whatu have said, he is a dad of 2 that has been to afgan for 3 tours, he is in bomb disposal and u say it's part if growing up,

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

On my singles profile now so i dont give a shite if i get banned for a couple of days,having served the best part of 7 years as a squaddie (and might i add spent 10 weeks) in the same place as my nephew and never experienced that level of hatred towards our armed forces personnel i think our cowardly government should bring back national service that way the cowardly and spineless few would know how much our brave squaddies(and their male and female counterparts from all 3 services),sacrifice on a daily basis.

over a year ago

"what an idiotic comment is it part and parcel of growing up to get kicked bruised and battered i dont feckin think so"
well said _eather

By *igeresslilly43Woman
over a year ago

west lothian

"On my singles profile now so i dont give a shite if i get banned for a couple of days,having served the best part of 7 years as a squaddie (and might i add spent 10 weeks) in the same place as my nephew and never experienced that level of hatred towards our armed forces personnel i think our cowardly government should bring back national service that way the cowardly and spineless few would know how much our brave squaddies(and their male and female counterparts from all 3 services),sacrifice on a daily basis."

most of the males in my family have served in the forces. My heart goes out to each and every one of them

over a year ago

"On my singles profile now so i dont give a shite if i get banned for a couple of days,having served the best part of 7 years as a squaddie (and might i add spent 10 weeks) in the same place as my nephew and never experienced that level of hatred towards our armed forces personnel i think our cowardly government should bring back national service that way the cowardly and spineless few would know how much our brave squaddies(and their male and female counterparts from all 3 services),sacrifice on a daily basis.

most of the males in my family have served in the forces. My heart goes out to each and every one of them "

just seems a lot of their work goes un-noticed/unappreciated by the great majoritie

By *igeresslilly43Woman
over a year ago

west lothian

"On my singles profile now so i dont give a shite if i get banned for a couple of days,having served the best part of 7 years as a squaddie (and might i add spent 10 weeks) in the same place as my nephew and never experienced that level of hatred towards our armed forces personnel i think our cowardly government should bring back national service that way the cowardly and spineless few would know how much our brave squaddies(and their male and female counterparts from all 3 services),sacrifice on a daily basis.

most of the males in my family have served in the forces. My heart goes out to each and every one of them just seems a lot of their work goes un-noticed/unappreciated by the great majoritie"

totally agree...these men and women put their lives on the line every day for our nation.....some people grrrr !

over a year ago

Martin, i used to go out with a para an where he was based it was part an parcel that you got a kicking every weekend from the civvies. Good, bad, married, single the armed forces were a target for the civvies out to make a name for themselves in beating up a member of the armed forces cos they know they would restrain themselves.

Sickening that our brave boys have to put up with it.

over a year ago

"Martin, i used to go out with a para an where he was based it was part an parcel that you got a kicking every weekend from the civvies. Good, bad, married, single the armed forces were a target for the civvies out to make a name for themselves in beating up a member of the armed forces cos they know they would restrain themselves.

Sickening that our brave boys have to put up with it."

aldershot then?

Respect to everyone who has said their piece (wether i agree with it or not i just needed to get it off my chest)

over a year ago

"Martin, i used to go out with a para an where he was based it was part an parcel that you got a kicking every weekend from the civvies. Good, bad, married, single the armed forces were a target for the civvies out to make a name for themselves in beating up a member of the armed forces cos they know they would restrain themselves.

Sickening that our brave boys have to put up with it.aldershot then?

Respect to everyone who has said their piece (wether i agree with it or not i just needed to get it off my chest)"

Yeah was worse when he got his wee dagger

over a year ago

So u saying my nephew was asking for it, like a female that wears a short skirt is asking to be raped,

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I think it shows the total lack of respect for the armed forces by the younger generation. They don't understand just what these brave men and women go through every day when on active duty in far flung places.

It is NOT part and parcel of growing up!!

We had the funeral with full military honours of a soldier yesterday (tries not to get into details) who was killed when walking back to barracks in the capital city of our nation.

People should see that and think to themselves, 'Maybe we should give these brave men and women the respect they so richly deserve'.

I hope your nephew is ok and on the mend. I'm sure his fellow servicemen and women will be ready for these mindless thugs next time and will band together to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Right here goes again and its not often i speak like this in the forum .Will the person who sat up this post have watched the news last night and seen the funeral of that lovely guy who as a serving soldier was hacked to death.And yes i know the circumstances were different from what we are discussing.But if any idiot thinks that soldiers or for that matter any one serving in any branch of our armed forces are fair game for a kicking they aint got any brains or maybe theyre just sitting on them

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Also apart from that in life no one deserves a kicking just because some cretins think its fun

over a year ago

"Thank you, he is battered and bruised ,boys will be boys I've had a few close scrapes myself im life...it's all part and parcel of the learning process "

I don't think he was implying that soldiers deserve to get beaten up etc, just that men in general are always fighting and it's usually their pals they fall out with. Think before ye speak ninja

Personally, I don't know anyone that's a soldier so I can't really comment, I have respect for what they do but all the ones I've met have been disrespectful dickheads so I don't see why they even deserve my respect as an individual.

over a year ago

A good friend of mine was killed in a street braul a few years back he went to the rescue of a young girl and ended up getting stabbed what a waste of a great guy

He had just came out of the army he was a fisical instructer sorely missed rip my friend

Post new Message to Thread