Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Tell Someone You Love Them...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I had a moment yesterday. Turned on my late mums phone and read all her texts she sent me. Every day she told me she loved me in them. So, before its too late, tell that someone you love them.

LadyIce x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I tell my kids every time we talk that I love them.

There's very few that I truly love, but they know that I do

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

That is so sweet. Tell my dad, fella and carer ( ) every time I speak to them x

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

I love me.

Well, someone has to.....

over a year ago

I love my fanny, does that count?

over a year ago

"I had a moment yesterday. Turned on my late mums phone and read all her texts she sent me. Every day she told me she loved me in them. So, before its too late, tell that someone you love them.

LadyIce x"

Well all way to much of a rush in life. And we miss a chance to tell some one that Then it to late. Don't miss the chance or you never forget it xxx

over a year ago

Awwww. Lady thats Lovely .To read that..

My Mum died when I was 3.

( kidney failier).

And she wrote a letter in Hospital. for me to recieve when I was 16.

It was such an amazing feeling to read The words she wrote for me.

All those yrs later .

Still take it out and read it frm time to time. .

Chin up chiki.xxx Hugs . .

over a year ago

I lost my mum to cancer when I was just 11 and my big sister was 15. A few days before my mum died her and my sis had an argument about my sis going to an underage disco - my mum put her foot down and said no and my sis told her she hated her. My mum went into a coma later that night and never regained consciousness. She died a few days later.

My sister tormented herself for years over it

The lesson I learned is never say anything in the heat of the moment. Think carefully before you say anything you may regret later.

And of course always tell the people you love that you do!

L xxx

over a year ago

A lovely post if my mrs reads this just to let her know lifes to short and love her more than anything

over a year ago

"I lost my mum to cancer when I was just 11 and my big sister was 15. A few days before my mum died her and my sis had an argument about my sis going to an underage disco - my mum put her foot down and said no and my sis told her she hated her. My mum went into a coma later that night and never regained consciousness. She died a few days later.

The lesson I learned is never say anything in the heat of the moment. Think carefully before you say anything you may regret later.

L xxx "

That must have been awful for her.

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Have a lump in my throat lovely post also reminded me of Mike and the Mechanics The Living Years .

over a year ago

"I lost my mum to cancer when I was just 11 and my big sister was 15. A few days before my mum died her and my sis had an argument about my sis going to an underage disco - my mum put her foot down and said no and my sis told her she hated her. My mum went into a coma later that night and never regained consciousness. She died a few days later.

L xxx

That must have been awful for her. "

Ye it was - took years for her to forgive herself even tho everyone told her that my mum knew she didn't mean it xx

over a year ago

L xxx "

over a year ago

Totally agree we all run about stressing and worrying but tomorrow could be the last day I tell the kids all the time but I love my wife a nd parents and brothers just don't tell them enough xxps kirst will read this so here's a public declaration of love babe xx

over a year ago

Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live every day as if it were your last.

Big hugs go out to you, LadyIce.

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

Always one to lower the tone of a lovely post lady ice i told my mum last year right up to a hr of her going i loved her its a year on the 30th for my mum leaving me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

I just hope that this post touches someone. We all have people we love, and will miss when they go. Whether it be parents, partners, children or friends. Seize the day. It could be yours or their last.

To those in here that are my true friends, I love you all dearly. Thank you for being there when I need you.

LadyIce x

over a year ago

"I just hope that this post touches someone. We all have people we love, and will miss when they go. Whether it be parents, partners, children or friends. Seize the day. It could be yours or their last.

To those in here that are my true friends, I love you all dearly. Thank you for being there when I need you.

LadyIce x"

Think it's touched everyone hun, someone obviously wasn't humoured by my post but no offense meant.

Having read all the posts I feel lucky to still have all my close family with me, I don't know what I'd do without them and as much as we bicker I tell them I love them on a regular basis

Heart warming thread lady xx

over a year ago

Some times we get threads on here That should touch the hearts everyone We all should remember people we lost And treat th i s thread with respect And this for some people here Respect is honoring the worth or dignity in a person or process. A lovely post xxxx

over a year ago

It is hard when you lose someone you love. We all live so busy lives and never stop to appreciate the ones so close enough.

Love you babe.

Bx

By *l coupleCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I (Mrs) was never one for telling my Gran i loved her, nor her with me. She passed away in 2007 with cancer. The last time i went to visit her in hospital she took my hand, pulled me close for a kiss and whispered she loved me. I got a feeling at that time and just knew i wouldn't see her again and made sure i said it back x

over a year ago

It was nice and quite touching to read that Ladyice,just remember all the lovely memories too my dear.I guess i don't tell people close to me that i love them...as they are no longer here so i would say to others take time out and remember your loved ones as one day you will look back and think "i wish i did this/said that etc"

I feel quite sad now.

over a year ago

"I had a moment yesterday. Turned on my late mums phone and read all her texts she sent me. Every day she told me she loved me in them. So, before its too late, tell that someone you love them.

LadyIce x"

Thoughts and kisses M

over a year ago

I was lucky- I was with both my mum and dad while they died and had lots of time to say I loved them. After my parents died, I realised 'I love you' are magical words and I try to use them, with care, but to those I love deeply. There might not be a tomorrow, or a chance to say sorry or another chance to find love so today is all that matters.

By *risky4somesCouple
over a year ago

Near glasgow

Having lost my dad quite quickly to cancer when I was just 17, and had a lucky escape myself when 25, I totally believe in living life fully... We spend too much time moaning where we should be laughing and loving ... I think those we love know we do by our actions but the words ' i love you' are the equivalent of kisses to seal the deal xx we shouldn't beat ourselves up by what we haven't done, but reflect on what we did do to express our love .... Sending love to all touched by this post xxxx

over a year ago

What a beautiful post. Hope you're ok lady and lovely that youve got the msgs to read. I keep everything and times like this you'll be glad you did too. Heartfelt post and thinking of you chick xxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Nice post babe.

My mum had a devastating stroke 4 years ago and we were told by docs that she wasn't going to make it,obviously we all went into shock but knew we had to prepare for the worst,so one nite I sat and wrote her a letter to be put in her coffin once she had gone telling her how much I loved her and thanked her for all she had done for me in guiding me through my life .

To cut a long story short after she had been in a coma for 8 days she finally woke up and after 23 weeks in hospital she got hospital,she is still with us today altho severely disabled and unable to communicate .

Once she was recovered enough we told her everything including the docs thinking she wasn't going to pull through and I gave her the letter because I wanted her to know what I thought of her before it was too late .

I call her and my dad everyday if im not seeing them and I end every call telling them I love them,same with my kids ...do it now before its too late .

But also don't be too hard on those who find it difficult to say the words because if you know them really well you will know they do without hearing it .

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Should read after 23weeks in hospital she got home *

By *eeflower69Woman
over a year ago

edinburgh

"Awwww. Lady thats Lovely .To read that..

My Mum died when I was 3.

( kidney failier).

And she wrote a letter in Hospital. for me to recieve when I was 16.

It was such an amazing feeling to read The words she wrote for me.

All those yrs later .

Still take it out and read it frm time to time. .

Chin up chiki.xxx Hugs . ."

My mum did the same. She died when I was 10.

over a year ago

My mum is 95 this yr, she's amazing, although her wee body is very frail her mind is as sharp as ever, sad though as we (the family) know what's in front of us and make everyday count...i have a great relationship with her and when i care for her we have such a great laugh, i'm so glad to see her happy and to get this quality time with her...when i tuck her into bed i tell her i love her and she me!

By *lyce and Mister MCouple
over a year ago

Falkirk

I love my children, my boyfriend, my family n friends. I know loss after my son died in 07

Heartwarming post xxxxxxx

over a year ago

I'm surprised how many people have shared a little of theirselves in this thread. I just wanted to put a little note up and say thank you to all that have, it has made me feel less alone in my situation. And to all that have sent hugs, either here or privately again thank you. It's good to know there are people out there that care.

over a year ago

my da died 3 months ago was sudden . my da yoused to tell me he loved me when he phoned me or seen me . but what he used to say to me was live life to the full becaue you do not no what is round the corner.

Post new Message to Thread