Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Body Type Part Two

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

From a early age we are programmed by teleivision ,relapses and magazines to what is the perfect body and even here you can see that influense. People,s body type are not inportant, it,s the person that counts. Some countries being overweight is a sign of beauty ,other it is a sign of wealth. We now started to call children as young as five obese. Infants and children will always be a little overweight this is a fact children save white fat to grow ,which was called puppy fat when i was young. The problem now is giving children processed foods,or as some people call it fast food,s ,which contains too much brown fats. Nobody in my opinion should be judged on their bodytype. I find the word obese offensive everyone has thief owe type of beauty , So please take your time and look for it in everyone ,don't judge people on their body type

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *vbride1963TV/TS
over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"From a early age we are programmed by teleivision ,relapses and magazines to what is the perfect body and even here you can see that influense. People,s body type are not inportant, it,s the person that counts. Some countries being overweight is a sign of beauty ,other it is a sign of wealth. We now started to call children as young as five obese. Infants and children will always be a little overweight this is a fact children save white fat to grow ,which was called puppy fat when i was young. The problem now is giving children processed foods,or as some people call it fast food,s ,which contains too much brown fats. Nobody in my opinion should be judged on their bodytype. I find the word obese offensive everyone has thief owe type of beauty , So please take your time and look for it in everyone ,don't judge people on their body type "

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Im what you'd class as a bigger girl than your average, im happy im confidant and to be honest words of certain people might hurt me depending who its come from but for the most on here to have been less than nice about it I don't give a damn about,i was always brought up with manners and even in the job I do im taught to always see the good in everyone and on here I try to do the same even when deep down I know there isn't any.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Due to 2 years of serious health issues and psycho ex stalker problems, my weight has now gone down to 6st 4 and size 4-6, so yes I am a skinny bint that most guys won't go near as they think they will break me.

I would love to put weight back on. Fed up of being told I look anorexic.

You can't judge every book by it's cover, just remember there are reasons why people are the size they are....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm a big girl, I don't like the word obese, even if I am. From as far back as I can remember I've always been big, think the smallest I've been in my adult life is a size 16, that's just me, most of my family are big and tall so I blame them

I've never really been comfortable in my own skin but I deal with it and I'll make use of that gym membership eventually

over a year ago

"Due to 2 years of serious health issues and psycho ex stalker problems, my weight has now gone down to 6st 4 and size 4-6, so yes I am a skinny bint that most guys won't go near as they think they will break me.

I would love to put weight back on. Fed up of being told I look anorexic.

You can't judge every book by it's cover, just remember there are reasons why people are the size they are....

"

Wendy some times your posts are beautiful and full of feeling Anyone reading this and not moved then you not got a heart xxxxxx

over a year ago

I was a size 18-20 in December of last year (2012). Just before Christmas my mum passed away and I have dropped down to a size 14 and still losing. My friends have been good, but I just cant bring myself to make food for just me, as I always made food for her and I as I lived with her. It is hard, and I do worry sometimes for myself as I have dropped almost 4 stone. The compliments are nice yes about how im looking good etc. but I don't feel it inside.

What im trying to say not very well is the size of me isn't important to me. To some, I look good now, to others they are worried. And I thank them for their concern.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"From a early age we are programmed by teleivision ,relapses and magazines to what is the perfect body and even here you can see that influense. People,s body type are not inportant, it,s the person that counts. Some countries being overweight is a sign of beauty ,other it is a sign of wealth. We now started to call children as young as five obese. Infants and children will always be a little overweight this is a fact children save white fat to grow ,which was called puppy fat when i was young. The problem now is giving children processed foods,or as some people call it fast food,s ,which contains too much brown fats. Nobody in my opinion should be judged on their bodytype. I find the word obese offensive everyone has thief owe type of beauty , So please take your time and look for it in everyone ,don't judge people on their body type "

I don't know how you can say you find the term 'obese' offensive. It's a medical term that refers to a certain body size. It's like saying you find the term 'small' offensive.

I could understand if you said you found the term 'ugly' offensive as that is a subjective term.

over a year ago

"From a early age we are programmed by teleivision ,relapses and magazines to what is the perfect body and even here you can see that influense. People,s body type are not inportant, it,s the person that counts. Some countries being overweight is a sign of beauty ,other it is a sign of wealth. We now started to call children as young as five obese. Infants and children will always be a little overweight this is a fact children save white fat to grow ,which was called puppy fat when i was young. The problem now is ogiving children processed foods,or as some people call it fast food,s ,which contains too much brown fats. Nobody in my opinion should be judged on their bodytype. I find the word obese offensive everyone has thief owe type of beauty , So please take your time and look for it in everyone ,don't judge people on their body type

I don't know how you can say you find the term 'obese' offensive. It's a medical term that refers to a certain body size. It's like saying you find the term 'small' offensive.

I could understand if you said you found the term 'ugly' offensive as that is a subjective term. "

Obese is not a medical term It came from the USA. Did you have Obese friends when you were young A child at 5 years is not obese But really it about sticking lables on people i was getting at

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"Obese is not a medical term"

Course it is...

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.People are considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of the person's height in metres, exceeds 30 kg/m2.

source = you know where lol

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"From a early age we are programmed by teleivision ,relapses and magazines to what is the perfect body and even here you can see that influense. People,s body type are not inportant, it,s the person that counts. Some countries being overweight is a sign of beauty ,other it is a sign of wealth. We now started to call children as young as five obese. Infants and children will always be a little overweight this is a fact children save white fat to grow ,which was called puppy fat when i was young. The problem now is ogiving children processed foods,or as some people call it fast food,s ,which contains too much brown fats. Nobody in my opinion should be judged on their bodytype. I find the word obese offensive everyone has thief owe type of beauty , So please take your time and look for it in everyone ,don't judge people on their body type

I could understand if you said you found the term 'ugly' offensive as that is a subjective term. Obese is not a medical term It came from the USA. Did you have Obese friends when you were young A child at 5 years is not obese But really it about sticking lables on people i was getting at "

1) It didn't come from the USA

2) It's a measurement and there's a formula to calculate it. If someone is obese they are obese.

3) A child of 5 can be obese if they fit the measurement.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"2) It's a measurement and there's a formula to calculate it. If someone is obese they are obese."

I posted the formula above but don't have enough fingers and toes to work it oot

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Damn, didn't realise you'd beaten me to the reply

over a year ago

"Obese is not a medical term

Course it is...

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.People are considered obese when their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of the person's height in metres, exceeds 30 kg/m2.

source = you know where lol "

That's too confusing for me, just call me a fat fuck, sorted.

If you're too fat to move off your bed etc (you know the ones that are always on channel 4) that's obese to me but I have friends and family that are considered obese because they're 17 stone, even though they're healthy as fuck, run marathons and all that jazz. It annoys meeeeeee

over a year ago

Yes the word came from.the USA and your BMI is not wroth the paper it on Even the 12pich don't not give a right reading on your body fat Only.test that works is the water tank Which will cost you 2000 if you want it right xx

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"Damn, didn't realise you'd beaten me to the reply "

Thats ok i won't hold it against you, well ok if you ask nicely

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"Yes the word came from.the USA and your BMI is not wroth the paper it on Even the 12pich don't not give a right reading on your body fat Only.test that works is the water tank Which will cost you 2000 if you want it right xx"

It isn't from the USA. You'll need to provide some proof if you are going to continually state that.

Whilst BMI isn't perfect, it's a worthwhile method. To state it's not worth the paper it's written on is pretty ignorant considering it's use in the medical community

over a year ago

Course it is...

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.People are considered obese iwhen their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of the person's height in metres, exceeds 30 kg/m2.

source = you know where lol "

Were .everyone do the BMI test and see how shit it is Again a guy that goes to a gym taking about BMI test for body fat ?

over a year ago

"I was a size 18-20 in December of last year (2012). Just before Christmas my mum passed away and I have dropped down to a size 14 and still losing. My friends have been good, but I just cant bring myself to make food for just me, as I always made food for her and I as I lived with her. It is hard, and I do worry sometimes for myself as I have dropped almost 4 stone. The compliments are nice yes about how im looking good etc. but I don't feel it inside.

What im trying to say not very well is the size of me isn't important to me. To some, I look good now, to others they are worried. And I thank them for their concern."

That is good, i know you say being told that seems insignificant, but i recall losing nearly 3 stone and various things certainly felt better,,,walkin faster/longer without gettin out of puff, tieing my laces without hodin my breath,,lol,, once went a walk with the equivalent weight in yellow pages in a rucksack to see what carrying that weight around felt like again,,such a hindrance.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"Were .everyone do the BMI test and see how shit it is Again a guy that goes to a gym taking about BMI test for body fat ? "

Sammy yeah were banned for talking shit before now yir at it again lol

over a year ago

"Yes the word came from.the USA and your BMI is not wroth the paper it on Even the 12pich don't not give a right reading on your body fat Only.test that works is the water tank Which will cost you 2000 if you want it right xx

It isn't from the USA. You'll need to provide some proof if you are going to continually state that.

Whilst BMI isn't perfect, it's a worthwhile method. To state it's not worth the paper it's written on is pretty ignorant considering it's use in the medical community"

It a every rough guide nothing more The word was in the USA long before we pick it up As we always follow there shit

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Course it is...

Obesity is a medical condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to the extent that it may have an adverse effect on health, leading to reduced life expectancy and/or increased health problems.People are considered obese iwhen their body mass index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight in kilograms by the square of the person's height in metres, exceeds 30 kg/m2.

source = you know where lol Were .everyone do the BMI test and see how shit it is Again a guy that goes to a gym taking about BMI test for body fat ? "

I don't even know what you're trying to say here.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

" The word was in the USA long before we pick it up As we always follow there shit "

Making something up in your head doesn't make it true.

over a year ago

" The word was in the USA long before we pick it up As we always follow there shit

"

Just the same as you think the BMI test works

over a year ago

You need a pincher and 12 points on your body even then it still a rough guide nothing more

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

" The word was in the USA long before we pick it up As we always follow there shit

Just the same as you think the BMI test works "

I'm not basing that on my opinion. I'm basing it on the fact it's used by the world wide medical community. But if you know better than them...

over a year ago

I'm not basing that on my opinion. I'm basing it on the fact it's used by the world wide medical community. But if you know better than them... "

No I don't but really it a rough guide nothing more And we never going to change each other so we call it a draw plzz And i Stil don't like the word And my BMI is perfect so it must be good lmao xxxx

over a year ago

To go back to the original point of the post...We are all guilty of making instant judgements.

It's what we do. We cannot help it. The entire advertising industry is based upon the fact humans instantly judge each other and things.

It comes from thousands of years of hard wiring to our brain where we had to decide instantly if the thing approaching us was friend or foe.

Nowadays thanks to marketing and advertising that judgement is based on stereotype and can as easily be as positive as negative.

You read a posting you make a judgement on the person based on the posting.

Someone walks into a bar. You immediately form a subconscious view of them based on size, height, weight, hair, clothes, colour of skin.

Most Job interviewers decide within 90 seconds whether they are going to offer you the job or not.

The trick is to try and be aware of what you are doing...and over rule it..

End of amateur physcobabble...

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm not basing that on my opinion. I'm basing it on the fact it's used by the world wide medical community. But if you know better than them... No I don't but really it a rough guide nothing more And we never going to change each other so we call it a draw plzz And i Stil don't like the word And my BMI is perfect so it must be good lmao xxxx"

I'm not looking to change your opinion, I'm just pointing out the facts. Something that can easily be checked out as Pillow Pimp has shown above.

over a year ago

I'm not basing that on my opinion. I'm basing it on the fact it's used by the world wide medical community. But if you know better than them... No I don't but really it a rough guide nothing more And we never going to change each other so we call it a draw plzz And i Stil don't like the word And my BMI is perfect so it must be good lmao xxxx

I'm not looking to change your opinion, I'm just pointing out the facts. Something that can easily be checked out as Pillow Pimp has shown above."

You think i can't Google it not a fact My body fat is 10 per cent It been pinched Which take in every part of my body The BMI does not There is only one way to get it right Fact BMI is a rough guide fact The word came from the USA fact It not a cold or a flu it a new word So we never had any overweight people before this word fact some person tht it sounded good let say overweight.people are obese fact

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

I'm not basing that on my opinion. I'm basing it on the fact it's used by the world wide medical community. But if you know better than them... No I don't but really it a rough guide nothing more And we never going to change each other so we call it a draw plzz And i Stil don't like the word And my BMI is perfect so it must be good lmao xxxx

I'm not looking to change your opinion, I'm just pointing out the facts. Something that can easily be checked out as Pillow Pimp has shown above. You think i can't Google it not a fact My body fat is 10 per cent It been pinched Which take in every part of my body The BMI does not There is only one way to get it right Fact BMI is a rough guide fact The word came from the USA fact It not a cold or a flu it a new word So we never had any overweight people before this word fact some person tht it sounded good let say overweight.people are obese fact "

Lol, ignorance clearly is bliss for some.

over a year ago

The World Health Organisation says:

Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that may impair health.

Simples.

over a year ago

I'm not looking to change your opinion, I'm just pointing out the facts. Something that can easily be checked out as Pillow Pimp has shown above. You think i can't Google it not a fact My body fat is 10 per cent It been pinched Which take in every part of my body The BMI does not There is only one way to get it right Fact BMI is a rough guide fact The word came from the USA fact It not a cold or a flu it a new word So we never had any overweight people before this word fact some person tht it sounded good let say overweight.people are obese fact

Lol, ignorance clearly is bliss for some."

I.do my BMI every two month I know my diet inside out I know everything that go into my body I drink very little my be three times year So you think what you like Can you say the same My BMI is spot on perfect So I should say it great

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS
over a year ago

Glasgow

Don't know the ins and outs of it but good old wiki has a ton of information as usual. Apparently the term 'Obese' was first used in 1611 by an Englishman.

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

"I.do my BMI every two month I know my diet inside out I know everything that go into my body I drink very little my be three times year So you think what you like Can you say the same My BMI is spot on perfect So I should say it great "

You do it every 2 months and yet you've spent most of this thread saying it's worthless.

over a year ago

"I.do my BMI every two month I know my diet inside out I know everything that go into my body I drink very little my be three times year So you think what you like Can you say the same My BMI is spot on perfect So I should say it great

You do it every 2 months and yet you've spent most of this thread saying it's worthless. "

It a rough guide which i use Yes it not spot on You win it great everyone BMI is the way go I love BMI better then sex You happy as your doing my head in now lmao Here one for you 30g of rice what is it cooked lol You a woman or a man

over a year ago

Quite a fan of curves.

Not such a fan of, heart attack, strokes, diabetes, or indeed the thought of my leg gettin cut off due to diabetes(thats without using any medical search engine),,,

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Oooh skinnys rule...you shag us and use our ribs as a toast rack!!i

over a year ago

I am a nurse and the tool they use to "class" us as obese has major flaws. The MUST tool attributes your weight to height to show a bmi. So when I have amputees or short men who are body builders they are classed as morbidly obese x

over a year ago

"I am a nurse and the tool they use to "class" us as obese has major flaws. The MUST tool attributes your weight to height to show a bmi. So when I have amputees or short men who are body builders they are classed as morbidly obese x"
It all about putting label on people We help people don't put label on at 5 year old at school by call them obese So other kids can make there life hell ,but big Money in fast foods ,you think it going to change

over a year ago

"I.do my BMI every two month I know my diet inside out I know everything that go into my body I drink very little my be three times year So you think what you like Can you say the same My BMI is spot on perfect So I should say it great

You do it every 2 months and yet you've spent most of this thread saying it's worthless. It a rough guide which i use Yes it not spot on You win it great everyone BMI is the way go I love BMI better then sex You happy as your doing my head in now lmao Here one for you 30g of rice what is it cooked lol You a woman or a man "

75g cooked weight.

over a year ago

You do it every 2 months and yet you've spent most of this thread saying it's worthless. It a rough guide which i use Yes it not spot on You win it great everyone BMI is the way go I love BMI better then sex You happy as your doing my head in now lmao Here one for you 30g of rice what is it cooked lol You a woman or a man

75g cooked weight. "

Rice cooks to three it weight on avg Drown rice is by far the best for you I way my food sad I know pmsl

By *uitar_antiheroMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I don't really know why I'm replying...

In my experience its certainly all relative. People always tell me I'm slim. I don't think I am, I'd say average. If I cut out the cakes & the like & kept up my gym routine I might be slim. My BMI tells me I am borderline average & overweight. So there's a 3rd opinion. BMI is useful as a guide, but not in every case seeing as superfit built guys will come out as overweight or even obese. For Joe Average its probably a decent rating though.

I don't see the problem in doctors telling parents in private that their child is obese if it is the case, it let's them make a decision whether to do anything about it or not. I certainly don't remember as many "fat" or "obese" kids when I was smaller, mostly due to the type of play & type of food I guess.

over a year ago

You do it every 2 months and yet you've spent most of this thread saying it's worthless. It a rough guide which i use Yes it not spot on You win it great everyone BMI is the way go I love BMI better then sex You happy as your doing my head in now lmao Here one for you 30g of rice what is it cooked lol You a woman or a man

75g cooked weight. Rice cooks to three it weight on avg Drown rice is by far the best for you I way my food sad I know pmsl "

2.5 times actually, therefore 30g x 2.5 = 75g.

over a year ago

I think regardless of whatever label society placed on the physical appearence of us the sexiest most attractive people ate the ones who ate comfortable and confident in themselves. It's not about size but attitude. I know lots of larger people who take a bit of pride in thier appearance and are happy in themselves and the ate the sexiest tickets imaginable.

over a year ago

75g cooked weight. Rice cooks to three it weight on avg Drown rice is by far the best for you I way my food sad I know pmsl

2.5 times actually, therefore 30g x 2.5 = 75g. "

I eat rice three times a day 100g everyday not some days every day you do it to nite And if you get 75g I will let you shag my brains out lol

over a year ago

No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong.

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. "
Well you do that And you would not be shagging me as you and them are wrong Get mind of your own Do i look if i don't know what I am doing

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. "
And I will give you that nasty remark for free But the next time i will return it I been here a long time So woman or not I will return it

over a year ago

This thread is hilarious

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. Well you do that And you would not be shagging me as you and them are wrong Get mind of your own Do i look if i don't know what I am doing "

Off course they're wrong, it's not as if they're a professionally run organisation, who make their living doing dietary classes, or anything. Maybe when you boil rice you boil it to death therefore have too much water it in, hence why it weighs more than THE EXPERTS say it should. Sometimes Skinny you WILL be wrong.

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. And I will give you that nasty remark for free But the next time i will return it I been here a long time So woman or not I will return it "
It was not a nasty remark, you are 49, you are over my age range, simple as that, I'm fussy about my age range.

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. And I will give you that nasty remark for free But the next time i will return it I been here a long time So woman or not I will return it It was not a nasty remark, you are 49, you are over my age range, simple as that, I'm fussy about my age range. "
That sound a lot better Thank you

over a year ago

"No thanks, I'm fussy who I shag. I'll be sure to tell Scottish Slimmers that their diet books are all wrong. Well you do that And you would not be shagging me as you and them are wrong Get mind of your own Do i look if i don't know what I am doing

Off course they're wrong, it's not as if they're a professionally run organisation, who make their living doing dietary classes, or anything. Maybe when you boil rice you boil it to death therefore have too much water it in, hence why it weighs more than THE EXPERTS say it should. Sometimes Skinny you WILL be wrong. "

Try it to nite I can Google it and you find 3 times is right I do it everyday I count e everything i eat Iv read books it what I do

Post new Message to Thread