Back to Scotland

Where is .....

Jump to newest

By *lyce and Mister M OP   Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

your favourite place to be in Scotland?

I don't mean just for swinging

Just thinking as this is the Scotland part of the forum and we are all from different areas and have probably visited lots of places, where is most amazing place you've been, and why?

For me it's Edinburgh during Festival time, it's so busy, and it's buzzing. I love the history of Edinburgh and I love all the part of it. The castle hill, the Royal Mile, Holyrood, Arthurs Seat etc etc, it's amazing, but during the festival it just has a constant buzz :D

I love the very north of Scotland too, although was totally disappointed in John O Groats !! Wick is beautiful tho, if you can stand the smell of the harbour lol.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Edinburgh love it for the castle, zoo, festivals, etc/

Though Aberdeen for the vodka bars.

Glasgow for shopping.

Never Dundee for anything, lol, its a shit hole.

over a year ago

Glencoe, after doin the west highland way it was the best place to walk through/sit at the top of a glen.

Its a bit eeriely quiet but i think it adds to it

over a year ago

"your favourite place to be in Scotland?

Just thinking as this is the Scotland part of the forum and we are all from different areas and have probably visited lots of places, where is most amazing place you've been, and why?

For me it's Edinburgh during Festival time, it's so busy, and it's buzzing. I love the history of Edinburgh and I love all the part of it. The castle hill, the Royal Mile, Holyrood, Arthurs Seat etc etc, it's amazing, but during the festival it just has a constant buzz :D

I love the very north of Scotland too, although was totally disappointed in John O Groats !! Wick is beautiful tho, if you can stand the smell of the harbour lol."

Try living in Edinburgh during festival time, I don't even attempt to go out during the day cause there's that many foreigners about, drive me bonkers!

I do miss living in Glasgow for the nights out though, it's no as good through here.

over a year ago

Falkirk

I love shopping in Glasgow too !!!!

I've never been to Dundee !!

over a year ago

Falkirk

I love the very north of Scotland too, although was totally disappointed in John O Groats !! Wick is beautiful tho, if you can stand the smell of the harbour lol.

Try living in Edinburgh during festival time, I don't even attempt to go out during the day cause there's that many foreigners about, drive me bonkers!

I do miss living in Glasgow for the nights out though, it's no as good through here. "

I lived and grew up in Edinburgh and worked in St Andrews Square and STILL loved the festival lol....

over a year ago

The Crinan hotel, Argyll. Great restaurant but a shame about the owners

over a year ago

I love Edinburgh ,,,, but i also enjoy Inverness including the drive up and down.

over a year ago

Forgot St Andrews love the beach and there small unique shops and there is a place there that sells amazing cupcakes.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Anywhere on west coast....

Love the bike rides in summer....

over a year ago

I do miss living in Glasgow for the nights out though, it's no as good through here.

I lived and grew up in Edinburgh and worked in St Andrews Square and STILL loved the festival lol.... "

Hahah I used to work in there too, I think that's what put me off it so much!

over a year ago

Falkirk

I lived and grew up in Edinburgh and worked in St Andrews Square and STILL loved the festival lol....

Hahah I used to work in there too, I think that's what put me off it so much!"

LOL small world It is really busy !! Normal day at work it could take me 15 minutes to nip to boots for the meal deal and back.... festival day 45 minutes at least LOL. I loved that Sainsburys was right underneath where I worked LOL

over a year ago

LOL small world It is really busy !! Normal day at work it could take me 15 minutes to nip to boots for the meal deal and back.... festival day 45 minutes at least LOL. I loved that Sainsburys was right underneath where I worked LOL"

I used to work in McDonald's NOTHING beats that man. Fucking silly wee Italians trying to decide what they wanted, then the AC never working, by the time my break came I wanted to murder everyone ah, those were the days!!

over a year ago

Falkirk

LOL small world It is really busy !! Normal day at work it could take me 15 minutes to nip to boots for the meal deal and back.... festival day 45 minutes at least LOL. I loved that Sainsburys was right underneath where I worked LOL

I used to work in McDonald's NOTHING beats that man. Fucking silly wee Italians trying to decide what they wanted, then the AC never working, by the time my break came I wanted to murder everyone ah, those were the days!!"

No wonder you hate Edinburgh at the Festival if you worked in Maccies during it lmao !! That would be like Hell on a bad day !! lol

over a year ago

I like just jumping on the bike and heading the costal route up to St. Andrews.

Mr

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Glencoe, after doin the west highland way it was the best place to walk through/sit at the top of a glen.

Its a bit eeriely quiet but i think it adds to it "

Agree. That's where my son's tree is. Never tire of the place. Seconded only by Loch Lomond x

over a year ago

Falkirk

"Glencoe, after doin the west highland way it was the best place to walk through/sit at the top of a glen.

Its a bit eeriely quiet but i think it adds to it

Agree. That's where my son's tree is. Never tire of the place. Seconded only by Loch Lomond x "

Loch Lomond is absolutely outstanding too I love it. I've never been to Glencoe....

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

You both should go, only a couple of hours drive past Loch Lomond... Beautiful scenery. Scotland is such a wonderful place, many cannot see past their own front door! X

over a year ago

"You both should go, only a couple of hours drive past Loch Lomond... Beautiful scenery. Scotland is such a wonderful place, many cannot see past their own front door! X "

Oh forgot Livingston for Toni Macroni's and the designer outlet.

over a year ago

Skye...love it there

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Dinnae mention ma house then!!!

Scrubs name off BBQ/party list!

over a year ago

Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Iona, Skye, theres loads but those are a few of my favs xx

over a year ago

Loch Lomond is my fav place in the whole world - drive to balmaha park up and walk along a little bit and its bliss xx

over a year ago

Falkirk

im no far from Livi lol, love the outlet !!

I've never been to any of the islands except Arran which is beautiful but I was only 11 when I went.

By *ussman1Man
over a year ago

Paisley

Motorhoming on beach at Arisaig, Watching sunset with single malt.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

You need to give ma shout next time you are on the M8... Dinnae tell the Mrs though!! Lmao

over a year ago

"Anywhere on west coast....

Love the bike rides I

n summer...."

same

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Arisaig, Morar, Mallaig... Getting attacked by swans!! Watching sunrise on Mallaig harbour....

over a year ago

Falkirk

"Arisaig, Morar, Mallaig... Getting attacked by swans!! Watching sunrise on Mallaig harbour.... "

I got attacked by swans at Linlithgow lol !! Vicious buggers!!

So many places I've never been, now adding to my list of places I want to see around Scotland. I adore Scotland I don't think you need to leave it to have an amazing holiday, if only we had more bloody sunshine!!!

over a year ago

"Arisaig, Morar, Mallaig... Getting attacked by swans!! Watching sunrise on Mallaig harbour....

I got attacked by swans at Linlithgow lol !! Vicious buggers!!

So many places I've never been, now adding to my list of places I want to see around Scotland. I adore Scotland I don't think you need to leave it to have an amazing holiday, if only we had more bloody sunshine!!!"

If we got sunshine I'd have all my holidays in Scotland. Part of my holidays, is always relaxing, which involves, beach and sunshine for me. If only.

over a year ago

Falkirk

I know if we had the sunshine the beaches up the west coast are just LUSH!!

I could really go a lovely wee beach holiday with sunshine, sand, sea and........... Beer

over a year ago

I want sex on the beach!

Cocktail that is.

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Only other place on a par with Scotland is Ireland.. Dublin for shopping in Grafton Street, Wicklow for the beach (plus my man lives there lol) x

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

SCOTLAND!!!! End of story. It's a wonderful place to live.

I see birds of prey everyday, hills, mountains, snow covered mountains, fantastic valleys, fantastic coastlines.

It's sooooo much nicer than driving around central London all day.

over a year ago

"SCOTLAND!!!! End of story. It's a wonderful place to live.

I see birds of prey everyday, hills, mountains, snow covered mountains, fantastic valleys, fantastic coastlines.

It's sooooo much nicer than driving around central London all day. "

Do I count as a bird of prey?

over a year ago

isle of skye ( glen brittle ) beautiful scenery once u walk down the glen and it opens up & the same at a place called loch Muick which is a kick in the arse passed ballater worth a visit

over a year ago

I love the very north of Scotland too, although was totally disappointed in John O Groats !! Wick is beautiful tho, if you can stand the smell of the harbour lol."

Was there a few months back

the harbor is not that bad dose not smell either, its been totally revamp

over a year ago

Yes SCOTLAND it is paradise especially when we get the weather.

I love to drive on the A82 from Glasgow City Centre along Great Western Rd then carry on all the way past Loch Lomond to Crainlarich. Then up through Gkencow to Fort Billy and up through the Great Glen to Inverness

Such a magical drive

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/05/13 11:45:36]

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

Lossiemouth. Such a tranquil little place and then you hear the roar of the jet engine .... heaven

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

"SCOTLAND!!!! End of story. It's a wonderful place to live.

It's sooooo much nicer than driving around central London all day.

Do I count as a bird of prey? "

Maybe

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"Yes SCOTLAND it is paradise especially when we get the weather.

I love to drive on the A82 from Glasgow City Centre along Great Western Rd then carry on all the way past Loch Lomond to Crainlarich. Then up through Gkencow to Fort Billy and up through the Great Glen to Inverness

Such a magical drive"

Spot on!!!!

over a year ago

I woudl say where i live out the back of Fort William/Banavie. There are lovely views from the caledonian canal and Ben Nevis let alone the surrounding hills. Mind you all i have to do is look out the office window to see the mountains and their snow - so much better than looking at other buildings/offices

over a year ago

"I know if we had the sunshine the beaches up the west coast are just LUSH!!

I could really go a lovely wee beach holiday with sunshine, sand, sea and........... Beer "

If you think they are lush then you should see the ones on Harris/Lewis

over a year ago

It's amazing how people go to the Canaries or Balearics etc for bech holidays when we have some of the best beaches in the world in the Hebrides.

Mind you we don't have the sun or the heat it generates to enjoy the beaches

Mind you I like to scuba dive and some if the sites in Scotland are superb who needs the Med or Red Sea.

over a year ago

"Arisaig, Morar, Mallaig... Getting attacked by swans!! Watching sunrise on Mallaig harbour.... "

Now I know where the smell o` fish originates from, we must have been there at the same time.

xx

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"It's amazing how people go to the Canaries or Balearics etc for bech holidays when we have some of the best beaches in the world in the Hebrides.

"

Because going abroad is cheaper

over a year ago

The stop at the top of the rest and be thankful...could sit there for hours admiring the view

.then the drive down to lochgoilhead...amazing! Xx

By *icentious.LibertineWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

"If you think they are lush then you should see the ones on Harris/Lewis"

Harris is STUNNING!

I camped there for nearly a month last summer - simply breathtaking! - despirate to go back - walking over the machair- into the hills - sigh.....

The beach where I was - it's beauty was unrivalled - but it was bloody windy - so much so it broke my tent poles

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

Shit weather

Midges

Hay fever

Fat fuckers in football tops swigging chateau de shite

Extortionate prices

High rail, air and fuel costs.

Yup i love Scotland

over a year ago

The beach at Sana.

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

The dubh loch above loch muick at ballater. My favourite place in the world! Its beautiful.

over a year ago

....a few of my favourite places.....Castle Campbell in Dollar Glen.Stunningly beautiful views after a totally surprising gorge walk!!

Lake of Menteith,Scotlands only lake!!?!!Stunning boat trip out to the

Island of Inchmahome on the lake with the ruined priory!!

over a year ago

Falkirk

"The stop at the top of the rest and be thankful...could sit there for hours admiring the view

.then the drive down to lochgoilhead...amazing! Xx"

Oooh yeah beautiful

By *eatherWoman
over a year ago

glasgow

Where is auchenshuggle

over a year ago

love to get away from it all at Applecross

over a year ago

Loch Oich chalets, stunning scenery and so peaceful

over a year ago

Love ardlui on loch lomond also the silver sands at morar and millport for the memories and the country and western wkend .

over a year ago

Falkirk

"Where is auchenshuggle "

Totally sounds like where the crankies or something live lol

over a year ago

Glen Coe amazing and eerie place

over a year ago

2 areas at opposite ends of the country.

From boyhood years, Kirkcudbrightshire.

Around Aviemore, particularly Rothiemurchis/Glemnore.

over a year ago

"Anywhere on west coast....

Love the bike rides in summer...."

Cant wait for the sun to come up so I can go up the great glen to fort william and back through Oban on the bike

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

Usually for me it would be North East Fife, but after last weekend, I'll give it a miss until the memories subside...

My other favourite is just about anywhere around Loch Lomond, apart from Balloch, and preferably with as few people as possible!

over a year ago

I love St Andrews, walking along the Crinnan Canal, Islay and closer to home Luss....mx

Post new Message to Thread