Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Private messaging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are your definitions of the above words ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Urban myth ?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Urban myth ? "
Defo _unkie if the op means on here then everyone knows nothing stays private on here

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I thought a private message was a message sent from one person to another so that no one else can see it - that assuming that the two people sharing the private message are the only ones with access to that mail

over a year ago

"I thought a private message was a message sent from one person to another so that no one else can see it - that assuming that the two people sharing the private message are the only ones with access to that mail "

over a year ago

"I thought a private message was a message sent from one person to another so that no one else can see it - that assuming that the two people sharing the private message are the only ones with access to that mail "
So should the said message be passed onto a third party ?

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Why would anyone copy a message onto a 3rd party? Why would a 3rd party be interested in it?

I may be missing something here.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A message that is private between the sender and receiver. But then u have to trust the receiver to keep the message private. If it was unsolicited and abusive I wouldn't hesitate forwarding it straight to admin.

over a year ago

"A message that is private between the sender and receiver. But then u have to trust the receiver to keep the message private. If it was unsolicited and abusive I wouldn't hesitate forwarding it straight to admin. "
How about another site member ?

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

If its a private message then it's private. Simple as that. Why would it need to be passed on?

over a year ago

Because some people on her are gutless minions !

over a year ago

"Because some people on her are gutless minions !"
Totally agree with that 100%

over a year ago

"A message that is private between the sender and receiver. But then u have to trust the receiver to keep the message private. If it was unsolicited and abusive I wouldn't hesitate forwarding it straight to admin. How about another site member ?"

Depends on circumstances and who the sender was. But I wouldn't ever say anything in a message about someone that I wouldn't say to their face.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

[Removed by poster at 03/05/13 18:44:51]

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

My understanding is you have been fucked over, happens to us all at some point.

How you deal with it is up to you but what's happened is done now so chin up and learn from it.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Because some people on her are gutless minions !"

Iv got a few on here lined up for Despicable Me 3......

over a year ago

"My understanding is you have been fucked over, happens to us all at some point.

How you deal with it is up to you but what's happened is done now so chin up and learn from it. "

over a year ago

I think anyone thats experienced the domino effect on here, will be very familiar with this situation, Domino effect is: you upset one and before you know it 100 have decided they are upset with you.

Respect and genuinely nice?

I have that, but those who struggle with these two things generally wont be available to see or refer to on here, on a forum.

As an example, i read and pondered if it was a good or bad idea to comment on a thread about being honest about your stated age on profile the other day, aware i had to word my response carefully.I tried, dared myself to comment on it, yet still came out of it looking older than i am,lol.

More than anything, its nonsense like that that peeves me with forum-land, you comment, your read and instantly your judged and indeed labelled.

So no wonder theres just 1% comment in forums, when all there is, is a high risk of being read wrong, missunderstood and percieved to be worse than you yourself ever thought you could be!!

over a year ago

Sadly thats life Aston,but a lot of the so called domino effects come from people who create them themselfs by trying to bring in outside influances that have nothing to do with the situation thats going on too.

over a year ago

"I think anyone thats experienced the domino effect on here, will be very familiar with this situation, Domino effect is: you upset one and before you know it 100 have decided they are upset with you.

I have that, but those who struggle with these two things generally wont be available to see or refer to on here, on a forum.

As an example, i read and pondered if it was a good or bad idea to comment on a thread about being honest about your stated age on profile the other day, aware i had to word my response carefully.I tried, dared myself to comment on it, yet still came out of it looking older than i am,lol.

More than anything, its nonsense like that that peeves me with forum-land, you comment, your read and instantly your judged and indeed labelled.

So no wonder theres just 1% comment in forums, when all there is, is a high risk of being read wrong, missunderstood and percieved to be worse than you yourself ever thought you could be!!"

Very true

over a year ago

"Sadly thats life Aston,but a lot of the so called domino effects come from people who create them themselfs by trying to bring in outside influances that have nothing to do with the situation thats going on too.

"

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing.

over a year ago

"Sadly thats life Aston,but a lot of the so called domino effects come from people who create them themselfs by trying to bring in outside influances that have nothing to do with the situation thats going on too.

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing."

Im pretty sure you know what i ment by that comment

over a year ago

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing.Im pretty sure you know what i ment by that comment "

Totally,,

over a year ago

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing.Im pretty sure you know what i ment by that comment Totally,,"

over a year ago

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing.Im pretty sure you know what i ment by that comment Totally,, "

Well its the forums after all, everyne can read em,,,lol,,

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"

"

Why does it bother you so much?

Do you really care that much what so few think?

over a year ago

"

Do you really care that much what so few think?"

Nope, carefull editing of whats said kinda trips me up though, wee snippets of part of whats stated.

over a year ago

I dont invite outside influences, when im chatting 1 to 1 with someone for example, i assume thats what im doing.Im pretty sure you know what i ment by that comment Totally,, Well its the forums after all, everyne can read em,,,lol,,"

The sure can its a good job they cant see what goes on in pms eh

over a year ago

Do you know how much a diffrence one wee coma can make for example?

No,thanks.

No thanks.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"

Do you really care that much what so few think?Nope, carefull editing of whats said kinda trips me up though, wee snippets of part of whats stated."

I read the whole statement...

Im just asking why it bothers you if people judge or label you on ANYTHING you say in here....

Say what you like, fk what others may think...OR do you care what others think?

over a year ago

"

Do you really care that much what so few think?Nope, carefull editing of whats said kinda trips me up though, wee snippets of part of whats stated.

I read the whole statement...

Im just asking why it bothers you if people judge or label you on ANYTHING you say in here....

Say what you like, fk what others may think...OR do you care what others think?

"

On here, on,,,,here just on HERE.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"

On here, on,,,,here just on HERE.

"

It bothers you then

A simple yes would have done

over a year ago

"I think anyone thats experienced the domino effect on here, will be very familiar with this situation, Domino effect is: you upset one and before you know it 100 have decided they are upset with you.

So no wonder theres just 1% comment in forums, when all there is, is a high risk of being read wrong, missunderstood and percieved to be worse than you yourself ever thought you could be!!"

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"Urban myth ? "

Wish they were!!!

Getting pretty pissed off with them now...

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"Urban myth ?

Wish they were!!!

Getting pretty pissed off with them now...

"

I dont have that problem Must be offputting right enough getting bombarded with messages

Post new Message to Thread