Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Thoughts?

Jump to newest

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

Any thoughts from anyone as to why this site has gone so down hill?

Any ways you think it could be improved?

How do we successfully rid the place of time wasters?

Thoughts on a post card!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Hard for me to comment only here 3 months

But I dont see it goin downhill at all

For me it keeps getting better

By *autious CoupleCouple
over a year ago

home

Its as good as you want to make it.

over a year ago

Make it members only,no more freebies, and when you register your e-mail address is recorded and if your found out to be abusive/timewaster etc then that e-mail address is blocked

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Make it members only,no more freebies, and when you register your e-mail address is recorded and if your found out to be abusive/timewaster etc then that e-mail address is blocked"

Then make up new profile with new email...

NOTHING is going to stop timewasters and the sooner people just get over it and move on...the better!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Any thoughts from anyone as to why this site has gone so down hill?

Any ways you think it could be improved?

How do we successfully rid the place of time wasters?

Thoughts on a post card! "

There isnt a simple souloution just enjoy the good times you have on here and foget the rest ...life is what you make it if you want to be annoyed by these idiots that frequent sites likes this you will continue to have a crap time,rise above it and just enjoy the good times.

over a year ago

If they use an IP log they can block re applying. Wouldnt stop everyone but would stop some. Sites like this come and go. It will only change if its financially sound for the owners.

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

"Make it members only,no more freebies, and when you register your e-mail address is recorded and if your found out to be abusive/timewaster etc then that e-mail address is blocked"

The trick there I to block the IP address, not just the e-mail. It still won't stop someone using a WiFi hotspot, but it will limit their opportunities to access the site from their main location.

They can, of course, still use a smartphone, without accessing their home WiFi, as this does not use the same IP address.

Long story short, you can't stop them, just make it more difficult, and hope it discourages them.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"If they use an IP log they can block re applying. Wouldnt stop everyone but would stop some. Sites like this come and go. It will only change if its financially sound for the owners."

Wouldnt be fair that some could be stopped and not others though....

If people are really not happy....move on..

By *uncouple981Couple
over a year ago

ayrshire

We have been on here for over two years and I don't think the site has gone down hill. Yes there are time wasters but you have to take the good with the bad on this kind of site.

over a year ago

An alternative view would be is that timewasters do have their place and can in the long run be beneficial.

Through timewasters, idiots, rudeness, no shows, cliques, ignorance, selfishness et al can help some people to develop a thick skin. And make me concentrate on good times when they happen and value the profiles that can be good to you.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

We have been on this site roughly 3ys now...

Only had 1 no show....

NO complaints here

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

It is still the same for us....we are still using the site to find what we want

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Us non timewasters need to stick together and fight the evil forces that conspire to throw a spanner in the works for us genuine funloving swingers timewasters should be sent on a timewaster rehabilitation course & put on probation & restricted to being able to access & contact me on my profile tor starters ...everytime someone wastes someones time on here they should be charged £1-5 that should go towards funding special events for dedicated & genuine swingers...there should be a star rating incentive for reliability and like frequent flyer rewards...consistent swingers should be rewarded....maybe a trip to club hedonism Jamaica once a year for the 100 top swingers or something lol

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

The IP address can be changed with 1 click of a mouse using a IP hider program.

In my early days on some football forums when my ass was always getting booted it was easy to post from anywhere in the world with a different IP address and me never having stepped out my front door.

I'm a good lad now though and a lover not a fighter

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan
over a year ago

Glasgow West

"The IP address can be changed with 1 click of a mouse using a IP hider program.

In my early days on some football forums when my ass was always getting booted it was easy to post from anywhere in the world with a different IP address and me never having stepped out my front door.

I'm a good lad now though and a lover not a fighter "

Then the site should request a valid IP address.

No IP address = no access.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"The IP address can be changed with 1 click of a mouse using a IP hider program.

I'm a good lad now though and a lover not a fighter

Then the site should request a valid IP address.

No IP address = no access."

It is a valid ip address just happens to be from wherever in the country or abroad you wish to pick from lol

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

I find it quite funny that "most" of the folk who complain about timewasters are usually guys... Is it because women are better at sussing them out and not as quick to jump at a meet?? Or because they consider timewasters to just chat and not meet? I only see a timewaster as someone who arranges a meet then doesn't turn up without any explanation.. I know everyone has different thoughts on this and I did say "most" not all before I get lynched

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

Been on the scene for 10 yrs and on fab since very near its beginnings and can honestly say as a cpl or just myself have never had a no show ...so what am I doing different to all those that suffer no shows...i have no idea lol

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

" I only see a timewaster as someone who arranges a meet then doesn't turn up without any explanation.. "

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

"Make it members only,no more freebies,"

Well that boots us neatly out of the picture. Some of us have better things to spend money on, like food and rent. I know it's not a lot of money, but everything adds up, and i know i would rather spend my "hobby" money on a social or actually getting to a meet.

It's good that some people can spend money without worry, but we aren't all in that situation, and making it pay only is just punishing the "good" people on here that may be a bit worse off than others, for the sake of the "bad" people on here.

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

A lot of people are focusing on time wasters and no shows... What about things like being on here for 2 years and having 4 meets in the beginning and bugger all since?

If anyone could elaborate on why no one wants to meet me, I'd love your input.

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"

If anyone could elaborate on why no one wants to meet me, I'd love your input. "

Maybe they just dont fancy you??

Hell, could be a number of reasons...

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

"

Hell, could be a number of reasons... "

So no one on this site finds me attractive? Damn I must be ugly

By *akedninjaMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

"I find it quite funny that "most" of the folk who complain about timewasters are usually guys... Is it because women are better at sussing them out and not as quick to jump at a meet?? Or because they consider timewasters to just chat and not meet? I only see a timewaster as someone who arranges a meet then doesn't turn up without any explanation.. I know everyone has different thoughts on this and I did say "most" not all before I get lynched "
I've known a large number of women who have expressed a dissatisfaction with timewasters,but I guess there are alot more guys on here who are just plain sore that they cant get any meets I guess ..

By *ustcutieWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

You asked about timewasters and why the site has gone downhill... Which is why I talked about timewasters.....I've been on here about 5 years in all both as a couple and a single and I really don't find it's gone downhill.... As for no one meeting you I couldn't possibly say until I perved you

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

"

So no one on this site finds me attractive? Damn I must be ugly "

Its not just about looks....

As I said, could be anything...

By *adybee77Woman
over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

"Make it members only,no more freebies,

Well that boots us neatly out of the picture. Some of us have better things to spend money on, like food and rent. I know it's not a lot of money, but everything adds up, and i know i would rather spend my "hobby" money on a social or actually getting to a meet.

It's good that some people can spend money without worry, but we aren't all in that situation, and making it pay only is just punishing the "good" people on here that may be a bit worse off than others, for the sake of the "bad" people on here.

"

I think too many people see coming on here as a guarantee of a shag... I chat to loads of people, and have men on my friends list even though I'm not currently meeting guys - does that make me a time waster because I chat but don't put out?

And there are loads of reasons you might not be getting meets - attraction, timing, location etc... If you want a guaranteed shag, so find your local red light district! People on here do actually have real lives too that take precedence over meeting from some NSA.

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"

So no one on this site finds me attractive? Damn I must be ugly "

Your listed as being gay on profile surely fab guys would provide better results ?

By *ictiiWitchCouple
over a year ago

Helensburgh

Hmm profile says you are gay, are you on the other site too? you might get better luck there.

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

"

I think too many people see coming on here as a guarantee of a shag... I chat to loads of people, and have men on my friends list even though I'm not currently meeting guys - does that make me a time waster because I chat but don't put out?

And there are loads of reasons you might not be getting meets - attraction, timing, location etc... If you want a guaranteed shag, so find your local red light district! People on here do actually have real lives too that take precedence over meeting from some NSA. "

personally I don't regard coming on this as a way of getting a guaranteed shag. I am well aware also the people have better things to do with their lives than NSA meets for a fumble. I have better things to do with most of my day than be on here.

I don't think a bit of a fumble with someone within my age range (sometimes maybe a little outside it [yes guys outside it do still message me]), is too much to hope for.

Cutie, feel free to perve

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

"Hmm profile says you are gay, are you on the other site too? you might get better luck there. "

The other site is worse than this one

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"The other site is worse than this one "

No comment lol

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

"

No comment lol "

Why's that?

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

"

No comment lol

Why's that?"

I'm not on other site so can't comment

By *iantCookie OP   Man
over a year ago

Near by

"

I'm not on other site so can't comment "

It's rotten anyway. You're not missing much

By *andACouple
over a year ago

glasgow

Don't think the site has gone downhill. I think certain aspects have but in terms of messaging other poeple's profiles, chatting to them and arranging meets, it's just the same. You've just gotta take some time to screen out people you aren't sure about and get to know people a bit before arranging anything.

We've not had a problem with timewasters in all the time we've been here but there are some profiles out there that are so obviously fake. Maybe making the site pay only, and charging more would discourage them but maybe not.

over a year ago

Never had a no show since we have been here. Always take the time to get to know folks and then gut instinct kicks in. Works for us

over a year ago

For better or for worse - the social side of the scene has become a bigger part of Fab over the 5 years I've been about.

Not everyone's cup of tea I know.

By *ikkiBWoman
over a year ago

Falkirk

Probably not a huge problem but something id like to see is the most fab'd pics to only show those who are photo verified and not just verified by meets as ive seen a few fakes pop up on that from time to time which part of me finds hilarious since the page says no fakes.

Waste of time trying to combat the timewasters and fakes though because they will always find a loophole but photo verified to get on most fab'd would work and would be harder to fake although its not a huge part of the site

over a year ago

It's far better than other sites I have been on before, some were to expensive lead to many with fake female profiles as it was free for gems but what's the point in that ended up a big place full of scammers.

Much prefer fab

over a year ago

Not gems meant to be fems

By *z ThongzWoman
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

The site is what u make it , timewasters exist because most of the folks complaining about them jump into meeting after a brief chat (this has been the case on similar threads), firstly make ur own criteria and stick to it , never rush into a meeting get to know someone in chat a bit first , use ur mobile phone to chat in person , and then have a social meeting , this is the patern i follow and have never had a time waster in the three years i have been on the site .

Ip addresses are not static therefore no point in blocking an ip address i think someone said already its fairly easy to change ur ip address even folks not that computer literate can do it , so no that would not cut down timewasters , the only way u can aliveate them is by using ur own sound judgement and if u choose a timewaster the site cannot always be held responsible for that.

Happy swinging

over a year ago

I'm just taking my time to get to no folk on here

done my 1st social n doing another 1 again

not rushing into anything let nature takes is course

over a year ago

Have suggested before, a 100% tick,you only gain one of those after being on a decent period of time and had maybe 2 or 3 swinging meets, not spoke on a phone or clicked a webcam on, swingingly met.

I know people have met genuine fun people who have no verified tick,but i would of thought if your genuine and eager to be regarded as that,you likewise would want to signify it in some way?

I dont mean "must display verifications" either, i just mean it may be a reasuring sign to others your sticking around.

Personally i put no store in "pic verified",,you could have zero swinging intentions yet your pics are genuinely you? Ok so your pics are genuinely you,,,,and?

Post new Message to Thread