Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Men saying No to a woman.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Guys - Have any of the men on here had any experience of saying no to a woman when you view her profile?

I said thanks but no thanks to a lady a few days ago and I took a torrent of abuse from her saying I had hurt her feelings and that she was cancelling her profile and that she was going to say the same to me etc....

If I had a quid for every knockback I had then I would have a good few quid tucked away.,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think if you said no thanks nicely and respectfully that should have been ok.

any abuse should be reported.

but the lady in question may be new and to be fair they need a fairly tough skin on here, far tougher than the lads as they are overwhelmed by guys, but no excuse for any abuse.

just wish her well, block her and move on.

hope you both have fun....... seperately

over a year ago

Feels awful having to say no to someone on here! But sadly everyone isn't going to be your cup of tea and vica versa. Wanting to close your account because one person has said they don't fancy you is crazy, sure there will be plenty more men on here that would meet her. Don't feel bad about it, you were honest and that counts for alot.

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

i think no matter if your male ,female or couple you have to be adult about things and just accept that youre not going to be everyones cup of tea . there has to be the chemisty there and some attraction ,if not then why on earth would you want to meet up with the person lol?! would be asking for a disastrous nite !

everyone has right to say no for what ever reason and no have the person spit the dummy . im very sure if roles reversed the lady would damn sure exspect the guy to accept her knock back . it may sound harsh but if ANY person cant take a knock back like all the rest of us then maybe better they left the site !

sorry you had the bad exsperience hun but that the exception rather than the rule on here so dont loose faith ! x

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

"i think no matter if your male ,female or couple you have to be adult about things and just accept that youre not going to be everyones cup of tea . there has to be the chemisty there and some attraction ,if not then why on earth would you want to meet up with the person lol?! would be asking for a disastrous nite !

everyone has right to say no for what ever reason and no have the person spit the dummy . im very sure if roles reversed the lady would damn sure exspect the guy to accept her knock back . it may sound harsh but if ANY person cant take a knock back like all the rest of us then maybe better they left the site !

sorry you had the bad exsperience hun but that the exception rather than the rule on here so dont loose faith ! x"

Ha Ha Mand i lost faith in the lord yrs ago hence now why the Devil has took me under his wing coz he knew i was a bad bad Girl pmsl xxxxxxxxxxx

Brennie xxxxxxx

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

lol bren well heaven wont have me and hells scared ill take over !! pmsl !!

By *1cebren4uWoman
over a year ago

clydebank

"lol bren well heaven wont have me and hells scared ill take over !! pmsl !!"

pmsl mand it's heaven that wont have us and hell is fecking scared of us too pmsl xxxxxx

Brennie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

have said no to a few guys and have had them say no to me . various reasons but most common is "no sorry but you just don't do it for me"

i was fine with it after all if everyone found all they met irrisitable it would become boring

over a year ago

I personally wish more people were honest and said how they feel.....think there is a lot of leading on in the swinging scene....honestys always best i say.

We all should be adults, notice the word should thou lol.

over a year ago

I've had a few people asking to meet me then when they see my pics they say no. I'd rather that than wait til we meet and then it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

That said, I've heard of guys getting serious abuse from people because they've either said no or cancelled a meet, being a single female on here doesn't make you stunning, merely popular but there's a few seem to forget that xxx

over a year ago

I done it once and it gave me a sense of satisfaction. Childish but it made me feel good, sad i know but cut a long story short......

I contacted a female with a polite message etc etc , she replies thanks can i have a face pic which i did send. Gets a reply saying sorry you're not my type and that was the end of it, no grudges no nothing just move on.

A few months later i gets a PM from said female, immediately i remembered who she was so me being a cheeky chappie replies to her message saying thanks for your comment and can i have a face pic. I got a pic sent to which i replied sorry you're not type and thanks for the interest. Well how offended was this little madam, saying men never reject her and i was the first to do so. I must had put a dent on her massive ego!!

By *imfromGlasgowMan
over a year ago

er...guess

"I've had a few people asking to meet me then when they see my pics they say no. ...........

..............."

I find that hard to believe. I suggest it's much more likely your 'admirers' had no intention of meeting you (or anyone) but were merely picture collectors.

By *issCognitoWoman
over a year ago

secret location near glasgow

"I've had a few people asking to meet me then when they see my pics they say no. I'd rather that than wait til we meet and then it's just awkward and uncomfortable.

That said, I've heard of guys getting serious abuse from people because they've either said no or cancelled a meet, being a single female on here doesn't make you stunning, merely popular but there's a few seem to forget that xxx"

It doesn't?..

At first I prob did struggle to figure out the best way to say no..

Now I jst say no bt when yer new and a bit overwhelmed u prob do beat around the bush a bit not wanting to offend x

I've never actually approached someone on here bt if I did n they knocked me bk like sumone said.. Better on here than u meet them n it's awkward x

over a year ago

she sounds a bit unstable and unable to handle rejection better you found out now than later and discover she keeps all her cutterly under her pillow

over a year ago

i suppose though she may have been going through a tough time, mabye doesnt feel attractive and joined here hoping to change that?

Was she verified, photo or meet? i think thats the important bit. We take zero notice of profiles that arent verfified at all, baldy profiles i call them lol. With the Casual sex part of the Gumtree sites now closed, iv noticed the huge increase of unverfied profiles, normally women and couples which are no-doubt sad people at the wind up, also i must have reported about 6 profiles in the past month for stealing a verified scottish female members pics

over a year ago

i resent the word baldy i reporting you to the PC Police

over a year ago

hey to the OP .. you are not responsible for what sounds like her own low self esteem.. that's her business and she has no right to put that on you . I hope you aren't feeling guilty about it.

I have been turned down plenty times , never take it personally and certainly never make an issue of it , I actually prefer a direct 'no you're not my type/ not what I'm looking for',I like to know where I stand lol !

xx

over a year ago

My motto has and always will be accept the "no's" in exact same way as the "yes's", everyone carrys on their merry swinging way.

T xx

over a year ago

this may be mean but when i am chatting to some one and we seem to get on then I see a photo I some time have to say no because there needs to be sum attraction to the person and I always say sorry but theres no "click" and they seem happy with that

over a year ago

Unless there is obviously no attration through swapping pics etc then a social meet is always a good start.... meet for a drink, blether with no commitment... walk away and then decide on where to take it. Least that way then at least if it wont develop sexually you could make a couple of good friends.

Steve

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/12/09 23:44:56]

over a year ago

"i suppose though she may have been going through a tough time, mabye doesnt feel attractive and joined here hoping to change that?

Was she verified, photo or meet? i think thats the important bit. We take zero notice of profiles that arent verfified at all, baldy profiles i call them lol. With the Casual sex part of the Gumtree sites now closed, iv noticed the huge increase of unverfied profiles, normally women and couples which are no-doubt sad people at the wind up, also i must have reported about 6 profiles in the past month for stealing a verified scottish female members pics "

over a year ago

One of the un-written rules in swinging is, we dont prye, second guess, or attempt to get a handle on others personal circumstances, we simply swing and enjoy meeting others with same outlook.

Tryin to keep it fun,

T xx

over a year ago

must you always quote our posts?

over a year ago

when a guy asked 2 meet me

an if he's no wat im looking 4

i just tell him..no wat im looking 4