bbc showing a program about sewing how nice

were as

sky sports show everton v arsenal

bbc is lacking behind in programs now

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

bbc has been lacking for many years now...its an outdated institute and i believe its on its last legs as it is now....needs serious change

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

the quicker the better really

getting fed up seeing outdated programs during the day

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

You cant compare the BBC to Sky Sports

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

"You cant compare the BBC to Sky Sports "

no you cant..lol i'm comparing bbc to other cable /sky channels and itv for that matter

over a year ago

"You cant compare the BBC to Sky Sports "
there lacking behind in showing live games

n ot just in general sport all other channels on sky ie fox sky 1 sky Atlantic programs that never get shown on bbc or itv

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

Do what I do....

Dont watch it

over a year ago

"Do what I do....

Dont watch it "

dont watch bbc lol thats what i meant thank god for sky o an virgin users

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

i'm a virgin..ite

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

Im a virgin user

Still dont watch it.....TV was on LAST sunday for Moto GP...Thats it....

Daytime time tv????? pffffft please

over a year ago

"Im a virgin user

Still dont watch it.....TV was on LAST sunday for Moto GP...Thats it....

Daytime time tv????? pffffft please

"

lol ano am with virgin also - took out sky sports for the last few games of the season usually a few crackers. staying away v boozer - also streams are rubbish 2bh

By *ndykayMan
over a year ago

Falkirk

I flick onto bbc news if I want know what's happening in the world but apart from that I rarely watch the bbc. Occasionally I will watch a program on bbc3 but that's about it. But I don't get a tv license discount but I happily pay sky a fortune every year lol

By *UNKIEMan
over a year ago

south east

have the sports package too but very rarely watch football...only have it for the golf and formula 1

over a year ago

"I flick onto bbc news if I want know what's happening in the world but apart from that I rarely watch the bbc. Occasionally I will watch a program on bbc3 but that's about it. But I don't get a tv license discount but I happily pay sky a fortune every year lol "
whats a tv license discount didn't think that exist unless your over 70 and blind lol

By *riendly foeWoman
over a year ago

Discovery ID.....

Great channel for hints and tips

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Quite happy with BBC output. I used to have sky but only ever watched the movie channels. The rest was just lowest common denominator shite and imported dramas from the US. Or +1 channels.

Sure you get tacky shite on bbc channels too, but as they don't have to please an advertiser they can make programmes that are more niche and only a few people watch also. Unfortunately, due to pressure from people who object to the license fee and other vested interests in seeing the beeb fail, these niche programmes are drying up to be replaced by the populist wank that is on every other channel.

But hey, when the bbc gets broken up and taken over by sky and ITV, you're watching Ant n Dec or a show where someone gets voted off on every fucking channel, AND paying that nice Mr Murdoch at least twice what you were paying for the bbc per year,then you can look back at a job well done for depriving me of something I like.

So you pay your telly tax, then pay Sky what, £300ish pounds a year for the basic sports package? For what the bbc provides I think £12 a month is a good deal. I'd pay that for the news and Iplayer alone. I think you sky subscribers are getting ripped off.

over a year ago

Better off listening to Planet Rock and turning the telly off

over a year ago

dont think sky or virgin will ever take over the bbc

over a year ago

"dont think sky or virgin will ever take over the bbc

"

Murdoch has something like a 25% stake in ITV. He has lobbied successive governments for the license fee to be shared out to all the tv channels, thereby reducing the bbc to the status of PBS in the states. Where people make their own shows at home. His papers use any excuse to have a go at the BBC, and his son James used a lecture a couple of years ago (possibly the Dimbleby lecture, not sure) to call for the scrapping of the fee.

Like Tesco, what this man wants he invariably gets due to his unlimited resources. He's still smarting from Vince Cable vetoing the BskyB takeover, when he'd put so much time and effort into grooming Jeremy Hunt to say yes. So he is now really hungry for it.

And Planet Rock is owned by Sky, as are all ths Absolute stations. 3 songs/adverts/3 songs/adverts/3 songs. ...etc

over a year ago

We are quite happy with council telly. Had Sky once but found it a waste of money. You can only watch one channel at a time so we dont need hundreds. Most of which show nothing but 10 year old american repeats.

By *damandeve4funCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

It seems that those who complain most about the BBC in comparison to Sky are comparing sports coverage. The reason is simple. Pandering to people who complain about the licence fee, successive governments have reduced what we pay in real terms. Hence the BBC can no longer compete with the likes of Sky, or even ITV, when bidding for sports rights.

If you want to pay less in a licence fee, or even avoid paying it, the result is less sport on BBC. It is like tax avoiders who then complain about the state of the NHS, roads, etc. You can't have your cake, or at least not pay for your cake, and eat it too.

And you also have to remember that, under government broadcasting rules, the BBC is not allowed to become (or create) a sports channel. It is forced to provide all-round entertainment and factual programming and would not be allowed to compete head on with Sky Sports for competition reasons.

Post new Message to Thread