Login here

Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Multiple accounts over a space of time.

Jump to newest

By *clecticFifer OP   Man
1 week ago

Dunfermline

Now I don’t know about all of you but I tend to be quite special about accounts that become active then delete over a short period of time, only to reappear under another account a few days or a week later and do the same say over a month or 6 weeks.

One account I’ve noticed has done this, especially given the nature of why their original account was removed and now show up again on their 3rd account in the space of a month. I’m aware of coming across as judgemental but surely it does raise a bit scepticism about the legitimacy of the account despite being verified.

What’s other people’s thoughts about this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
1 week ago

Some get bans and open another others are just fakes and pic collectors

By *henakedfarmerMan
1 week ago

near you

See a lot of it .. new account, instantly verified by half a dozen people within a day or two, same folk.

Then you get those profiles where the username is just completely random letters join for a few days then disappear. Are these women trying to spot their men on here cheating on them ?

1 week ago

Dunfermline

Normally I’d agree but this one is more down to their updates saying they’re leaving because of something happened (og account) then the rest because they’re bored of the site already.

Just don’t get it, if bored of the site or don’t like it, then why come back?

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
1 week ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Always trust your gut instincts .

You'd be surprised the amount of fake accounts genuine profiles set up too.

By *andy_FraserTV/TS
1 week ago

Edinburgh

There is someone in Edinburgh that seems to do this several times a day. I think it's to do with the free messages, so as soon as they're out? New profile!

Seems like a massive waste of time IMO.

1 week ago

Dunfermline

"Always trust your gut instincts .

You'd be surprised the amount of fake accounts genuine profiles set up too."

Oh I can probably imagine how many there are!

Just seems strange why they’d want to do that!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman
1 week ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Always trust your gut instincts .

You'd be surprised the amount of fake accounts genuine profiles set up too.

Oh I can probably imagine how many there are!

Just seems strange why they’d want to do that!"

Exactly !

By *lison_falkirkTV/TS
1 week ago

Camelon

Also lets them re-messag people who’d previously blocked them, which is infuriating. I get plagued by a certain gentleman who continually does this.

By *hyme2020Woman
1 week ago

Glasgow Scotland

Seems to happen all the time. I don’t know how people can be bothered with the hassle of it all

By *iss_Juicy79Woman
1 week ago

Edinburgh

Quite a few men do this I steer clear of them they are either fake or have a partner usually.

Then you get the ones that sign up on a Friday and leave again Sunday night then do it again and again dunno why people do it tbh just hide profile

By *iss_Juicy79Woman
1 week ago

Edinburgh

"Also lets them re-messag people who’d previously blocked them, which is infuriating. I get plagued by a certain gentleman who continually does this."

Is that not a type of harassment?

By *alloSpaceboyMan
1 week ago

Carmarthen

"Also lets them re-messag people who’d previously blocked them, which is infuriating. I get plagued by a certain gentleman who continually does this.

Is that not a type of harassment?"

Absolutely.

By *ifemarkMan
1 week ago

dalgety bay

There is a female profile in Dunfermline that is doing this, appears then gone a day or 2 later, then another and repeat, same pics same basic profile

By *iss_Juicy79Woman
1 week ago

Edinburgh

"Also lets them re-messag people who’d previously blocked them, which is infuriating. I get plagued by a certain gentleman who continually does this."

It's harassment threaten him with police if it continues then get them involved it will probably be scary at first but it's the only way to stop it.

I've heard of quite a few people having to involve the law due to online harassment it is taken seriously

By *ot the Same99Man
7 days ago

Fife

It's very easy to spot a fake profile though.

I've been on and off here for over a decade so I have had a few profiles.

I always verify with a photo and lucky enough to get verified by people I have met.

There are countless reasons profiles come and go but it's generally easy to spot time wasters, fakes and "content creators" that try to get you to subscribe to other pages.

Post new Message to Thread