Back to forum list
Back to Scotland

Sti Check - Judgmental People

Jump to newest

By *lasgowHorsey OP   Man
2 weeks ago

Glasgow

This can backfire but WTF, I'm happy thats I'm healthy and clean

I found this judgmental from a few people.

I recently had a STI health check and came up clean.

I was with someone and the condom burst and I was sure I was fine but had a weee nagging doubt in my mind so wanted to get checked so waited a month, never played with anyone else and then went to clinic and came up clear a week later and told the woman I got checked and was clear and she went and did the same.

The thing was, I put it on my profile for a day and got a couple of messages from judgmental woman for going and having the check up For me I was a little shocked and thought having a check up was the best thing anyone could do if there was a doubt, even if you hardly play or play a lot, its always best to be safe.

I play safe but sometimes with someone I've trusted we haven't but always have a check and feels so good when the results come through

What's your thoughts is it me or they've been judgmental?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etguydeeMan
2 weeks ago

dundee

"This can backfire but WTF, I'm happy thats I'm healthy and clean

I was with someone and the condom burst and I was sure I was fine but had a weee nagging doubt in my mind so wanted to get checked so waited a month, never played with anyone else and then went to clinic and came up clear a week later and told the woman I got checked and was clear and she went and did the same.

The thing was, I put it on my profile for a day and got a couple of messages from judgmental woman for going and having the check up For me I was a little shocked and thought having a check up was the best thing anyone could do if there was a doubt, even if you hardly play or play a lot, its always best to be safe.

I play safe but sometimes with someone I've trusted we haven't but always have a check and feels so good when the results come through

What's your thoughts is it me or they've been judgmental? "

Nah that's judgemental, if nothing else you're ensuring that she isn't at risk from you

By *eandmrsjones69Couple
2 weeks ago

Middle England

So if you hadn't gone for a check they would have been ok with you?

Guess without context it's difficult to determine what they said in their messages. Seems a bit strange though.

By *ugh_jardonMan
2 weeks ago

Larkhall

Some women on here judgmental??..... never

2 weeks ago

Glasgow

"So if you hadn't gone for a check they would have been ok with you?

Guess without context it's difficult to determine what they said in their messages. Seems a bit strange though."

Not sure what you mean by

"So if you hadn't gone for a check they would have been ok with you?"

The messages were from two women I've never chatted too so unsure what they thought of me and I wasn't too bothered if they were Ok with me or not. Come to think of it, I don't think they were interested in me but just the messages were a bit judgmental

I put up on my profile the date of my sti clear check up and got the messages about me going for a check up.

I had no interest in them before and certainly not now.

I decided to take it off due to the two negative comments

By *erfHerder74Man
2 weeks ago

Greenock

What you did is called being a responsible adult , well done, if only it was a normal thing

By *eiaorganaWoman
2 weeks ago

Dundee

I think that was the sensible thing to do, so not sure what their problem is.

By *Carver-Man
2 weeks ago

Glasgow

That's bizarre, I'm sorry mate! I put the date of my most recent STI check in my profile, if that's a turn-off for some prospective partners then frankly I feel like I've dodged a bullet.

By *rgoodnbadMan
2 weeks ago

greenock

"There is none so blind as those who are f#cking idiots."

You did everything right, mate.

By *j2015Couple
2 weeks ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 06/09/24 19:42:13]

By *j2015Couple
2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Well done, not only for checking but talking. We use protection (except oral) and as a result we both check every 3 month regardless of symptoms.

Its important to remember some STI take longer than 1 month to show up on tests so would encourage you to test again or adopt a schedule. “Safe play” is not safe! Its Safer.

There is no shame in getting an sti, but there is shame in not testing!

Well done again!

By *hyme2020Woman
2 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

Absolutely nothing wrong with going for an STI check. It’s sensible and responsible, but is stating that on your profile really necessary? If I was reading that on a profile, I would maybe think that the man was expecting unprotected sex and was trying to prove he wasn’t at any risk of passing on. Remember we only have someone’s profile to decide an opinion. Judgemental or not, I wouldn’t think reading someone’s STI status on a profile was really something needed. I’m just one person though

2 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Absolutely nothing wrong with going for an STI check. It’s sensible and responsible, but is stating that on your profile really necessary? If I was reading that on a profile, I would maybe think that the man was expecting unprotected sex and was trying to prove he wasn’t at any risk of passing on. Remember we only have someone’s profile to decide an opinion. Judgemental or not, I wouldn’t think reading someone’s STI status on a profile was really something needed. I’m just one person though "

No i agree with majority what you said but the comment 'expecting unprotected sex' is a bit disappointing as its the reason why i got checked because a condom burst and safe sex is a preference of mine, (but that was not stated on my profile why i got checked) but know its the same for many on here but everyone has their views.

Suppose I was just happy that I was all clear and put it on my profile but even if I saw it on someone else profile what would I think. I prefer to play safe but I do see bare pictures on profiles and it kinda puts me off if being honest and they don't have any mention on their profile .

100% about your profile, 'is what gives you your opinion', that interests someone, that makes them want to message, get in touch and see if things flow - so having the right information, a bit about you etc.. is really what counts for the start

By *ot a hot wifeMan
2 weeks ago

glasgow

I would say your doing the right thing it is the responsibility of every individual to make sure they are safe for them and Thier play partners......well done keep doing It and if your playing safe....still to do 😊

By *oubleDesireCouple
2 weeks ago

Somewhere

"Absolutely nothing wrong with going for an STI check. It’s sensible and responsible, but is stating that on your profile really necessary? If I was reading that on a profile, I would maybe think that the man was expecting unprotected sex and was trying to prove he wasn’t at any risk of passing on. Remember we only have someone’s profile to decide an opinion. Judgemental or not, I wouldn’t think reading someone’s STI status on a profile was really something needed. I’m just one person though

No i agree with majority what you said but the comment 'expecting unprotected sex' is a bit disappointing as its the reason why i got checked because a condom burst and safe sex is a preference of mine, (but that was not stated on my profile why i got checked) but know its the same for many on here but everyone has their views.

Suppose I was just happy that I was all clear and put it on my profile but even if I saw it on someone else profile what would I think. I prefer to play safe but I do see bare pictures on profiles and it kinda puts me off if being honest and they don't have any mention on their profile .

100% about your profile, 'is what gives you your opinion', that interests someone, that makes them want to message, get in touch and see if things flow - so having the right information, a bit about you etc.. is really what counts for the start "

I wish more people on here were as honest and sexually responsible as you, Horsey! Nothing wrong with disclosing your STI check info - we would welcome more people doing the same. It’s a massive turn off for us the sheer number of people who have sex bareback - no wonder STI’s are sky rocketing! So ignore those strange women who jump to conclusions, you’ve got it just right.

By *cottishMrsWoman
2 weeks ago

Wishaw

I think it should be standard for everyone on the scene to get regular sexual health screenings. I get tested regularly, because anything could happen, so it's just better to err on the side of caution xx

By *hyme2020Woman
2 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

"Absolutely nothing wrong with going for an STI check. It’s sensible and responsible, but is stating that on your profile really necessary? If I was reading that on a profile, I would maybe think that the man was expecting unprotected sex and was trying to prove he wasn’t at any risk of passing on. Remember we only have someone’s profile to decide an opinion. Judgemental or not, I wouldn’t think reading someone’s STI status on a profile was really something needed. I’m just one person though

100% about your profile, 'is what gives you your opinion', that interests someone, that makes them want to message, get in touch and see if things flow - so having the right information, a bit about you etc.. is really what counts for the start

I wish more people on here were as honest and sexually responsible as you, Horsey! Nothing wrong with disclosing your STI check info - we would welcome more people doing the same. It’s a massive turn off for us the sheer number of people who have sex bareback - no wonder STI’s are sky rocketing! So ignore those strange women who jump to conclusions, you’ve got it just right."

Not sure that saying people are strange for jumping to conclusions is fair. I don’t see the need to declare your STI status in your profile. Unless you’re actually going to post the results in full view of everyone and it was done that day, anything can change in a matter of moments can’t it. Responsible to be checked. Absolutely. Is it something you can have a chat with about when you are meeting someone, if you want to. Just my personal opinion but I have barely seen anyone mention their STI status on their profile on all the years I have been on here, so I just find it a bit unnecessary to publicly declare it. Just my opinion though and it’s everyone’s own profile to say what they want on it

2 weeks ago

Glasgow

I wish more people on here were as honest and sexually responsible as you, Horsey! Nothing wrong with disclosing your STI check info - we would welcome more people doing the same. It’s a massive turn off for us the sheer number of people who have sex bareback - no wonder STI’s are sky rocketing! So ignore those strange women who jump to conclusions, you’ve got it just right.

Not sure that saying people are strange for jumping to conclusions is fair. I don’t see the need to declare your STI status in your profile. Unless you’re actually going to post the results in full view of everyone and it was done that day, anything can change in a matter of moments can’t it. Responsible to be checked. Absolutely. Is it something you can have a chat with about when you are meeting someone, if you want to. Just my personal opinion but I have barely seen anyone mention their STI status on their profile on all the years I have been on here, so I just find it a bit unnecessary to publicly declare it. Just my opinion though and it’s everyone’s own profile to say what they want on it "

Well I don’t mind biting.

First of all, I see it on many profiles, men, females and couples, even ff couples. So as I’m a male I go through different experiences that yourself on profiles that are shown to me or that I come across due to algorithms and settings on here etc... I am surprised you haven’t seen any, in fact I am shocked but those profiles are out there.

As I said I took it off, probably because of judgmental people saying it’s unnecessary to publicly declare it and other comments. I don’t mention it at all, it was on one day and as the post is about judgemental people making comments about a health check. It shows there are quite a few who are judgmental for different reasons.

Had a very interesting conversation last night about this very subject on a meet with a fantastic couple and we were in agreement that it takes all types on fab and yes many judgmental people are on it. Yeah we all played and again as usual with me we all had protection.

One thing for sure, I went on a health check due to a meet where the condom burst. I’m sure myself and the female partner were fine but had a wee niggle to get checked, so I did over a month later. It came back clear as she did the same later and was clear. During that month and time with the female I didn’t play with anyone as I am the sort of respectful person who would do so.

So am I happy I did - yes 100%.

Do I feel better for it mind and body - yes 100%.

Am I glad I put it on my profile for a day- yes 100% as it made me decide to put this post up and is a valuable experience/lesson of what judgmental people are and for others to learn from.

Yes my profile is mine and I decide what I put on it and so does everyone else. If we all are honest with ourself are we judgmental, we all are but genuinely try not to be. Am I judgmental? yes I can be on here. I tend to stay away from people whose profiles usually have moaning on their status. So that person might be a lovely person but I rather move on as there is a doubt

By *adbury girlWoman
2 weeks ago

Lanarkshire

Not sure that saying people are strange for jumping to conclusions is fair. I don’t see the need to declare your STI status in your profile. Unless you’re actually going to post the results in full view of everyone and it was done that day, anything can change in a matter of moments can’t it. Responsible to be checked. Absolutely. Is it something you can have a chat with about when you are meeting someone, if you want to. Just my personal opinion but I have barely seen anyone mention their STI status on their profile on all the years I have been on here, so I just find it a bit unnecessary to publicly declare it. Just my opinion though and it’s everyone’s own profile to say what they want on it "

I have seen the date of their last test on quite a few fab profiles so don’t find it unusual.

I don’t understand why they felt the need to message you when they didn’t like what they read, block and move on or really they didn’t need to block as you hadn’t shown interest in them anyway 😁

Bored housewives who have nothing better to do than sit on their moral high horse and throw out judgements - think I’m being a bit hypocritical here as I’m now being judgemental!! Meh they can block me 😂😂

2 weeks ago

Glasgow

Not sure that saying people are strange for jumping to conclusions is fair. I don’t see the need to declare your STI status in your profile. Unless you’re actually going to post the results in full view of everyone and it was done that day, anything can change in a matter of moments can’t it. Responsible to be checked. Absolutely. Is it something you can have a chat with about when you are meeting someone, if you want to. Just my personal opinion but I have barely seen anyone mention their STI status on their profile on all the years I have been on here, so I just find it a bit unnecessary to publicly declare it. Just my opinion though and it’s everyone’s own profile to say what they want on it

I have seen the date of their last test on quite a few fab profiles so don’t find it unusual.

I don’t understand why they felt the need to message you when they didn’t like what they read, block and move on or really they didn’t need to block as you hadn’t shown interest in them anyway 😁

Bored housewives who have nothing better to do than sit on their moral high horse and throw out judgements - think I’m being a bit hypocritical here as I’m now being judgemental!! Meh they can block me 😂😂"

. 😂😂 😂😂 Brillaint

By *assy LassieWoman
1 week ago

Lanarkshire

Bored housewives who have nothing better to do than sit on their moral high horse and throw out judgements - think I’m being a bit hypocritical here as I’m now being judgemental!! Meh they can block me 😂😂"

Judgy Judy... getting you a gavel for the next social🤣🤣

By *adbury girlWoman
1 week ago

Lanarkshire

Bored housewives who have nothing better to do than sit on their moral high horse and throw out judgements - think I’m being a bit hypocritical here as I’m now being judgemental!! Meh they can block me 😂😂

Judgy Judy... getting you a gavel for the next social🤣🤣"

👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️

By *scobar67Man
1 week ago

glasgow

Better safe than sorry

Don't know why anyone would judge you for going for a check up ...everyone should be doing that anyway when meeting different people

By *ella MacabreWoman
1 week ago

Falkirk

She might have felt you were implying that she had something? But no, you did absolutely the right thing.

1 week ago

Glasgow

"She might have felt you were implying that she had something? But no, you did absolutely the right thing. "

Thank you

I never mentioned how she felt as she was of the same view as me. We both used protection and the condom burst, it can happen, even though I'm sure she was clean and the same for me, we could have went on our ways and not checked but I just felt I wanted to get a check up to feel better with myself and told her I was clear and then she went as well and got an all clear. .

The only problem was the judgment of putting it on my profile for a day and the comments from the two females

By *hagira ShagiraWoman
1 week ago

Glasgowish

think of it as two more too put on the "I dodged a bullet list " if their that offended by someone taking care of their sexual health then id dread to think what their genitals are harbouring!

Post new Message to Thread